Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 34. (Read 397613 times)

legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
gr8 work as usual !

I presume we gona see a lot more development in future, looks like there is always something new to add and optimize even just for CPU Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
-hp10 released! Downloads are on the first page as usual.

Changes in -hp10:
 * Major rewrite of the sieve to support extending the sieve (originally implemented by jh000).
 * Added a new parameter 'sieveextensions' which controls how many times the sieve is extended.
 * Removed the problematic and unnecessary fast-division test.
 * Changed the value of nL1CacheElements to 224000 which is slightly faster (thanks to nushor on IRC).
 * The 'roundsievepercentage' parameter is gone. The round primorial is now automatically adjusted.
 * New RPC command 'listtopprimes' by Sunny.

Thanks for the update!
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
-hp10 released! Downloads are on the first page as usual.

Changes in -hp10:
 * Major rewrite of the sieve to support extending the sieve (originally implemented by jh000).
 * Added a new parameter 'sieveextensions' which controls how many times the sieve is extended.
 * Removed the problematic and unnecessary fast-division test.
 * Changed the value of nL1CacheElements to 224000 which is slightly faster (thanks to nushor on IRC).
 * The 'roundsievepercentage' parameter is gone. The round primorial is now automatically adjusted.
 * New RPC command 'listtopprimes' by Sunny.
Activity: 476
blockchain download is VERY slow right now, my guess is that a lot of people just compiled and we are all downloading at the same time.

I'm sure there is a way to keep the already downloaded blockchain with hp9, but I wasn't sure so started fresh after compiling.

edit :

Here is what I get with HP10 on one server :

CPD went from 1.31 to 2.75
PPS went from 2k to 2.7k

Next is tweaking sieveextensions...
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Running in vmware

Getting
"chainspermin" : 10
"chainsperday" : 1.14342394
"primespersec" : 1157

With
"genproclimit" : 4

How do these numbers look to you?
Activity: 296
Yeah, I'm giving the man the time..  More RAM because I will still do VM linux inside Windows. Any preferences for the good VM?
It will come, give the man some time.
Why more ram ?
Activity: 517
Merit: 502
I second that request for the compiled Windows binary... Or I'll have buy more RAM and go linux!

What, more RAM for Linux??
Activity: 296
I pushed some big optimizations for -hp10 to github so that more people can test them.

Any chance of getting a compiled Windows binary? I'd like to test on a 32 core Opteron rig and a 3930k.

I second that request for the compiled Windows binary... Or I'll have buy more RAM and go linux!
ok I got the sources, thx !

I'm compiling it the same way that you showed on your Linux Compilation Guide. Is this the right way to do it ?

It should still work just fine. You just need to change in which directory you compile.

I deleted everything on one server just to be sure and it seems it worked fine.
Need to download the whole blockchain again but that is a minor pain.
getmininginfo shows the new "sieveextensions" : 6, can't wait to see the change Smiley

Will just transfering the new primecoind to the vps that can't compile work ?
Activity: 517
Merit: 502
Does anyone have optimized compilation flags for the AMD bulldozer architecture? This processor is severely under-performing, worse than CPUs years older!

PS: I can confirm hp10 is faster

I'm compiling it the same way that you showed on your Linux Compilation Guide. Is this the right way to do it ?

It should still work just fine. You just need to change in which directory you compile.

holy crap hp10 is 2x as fast as hp9

wow, are the sources available ? I'm not used to git :/

You can download a ZIP from github if you want.
Do you compile with make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=- or is there some optimization flags to set? A bunch of other miners and posts mention msse2 -O3 and some others I think.

Compiling the client with -O3, -msse2 or -march=native is not going to make a big difference. The sieve currently doesn't benefit from SSE2 or any other special instruction set. The default -O2 optimization level is more than enough.

GMP does benefit from compiler flags. The "configure" script that comes with it tries to detect the best settings if you compile it yourself.

wow, are the sources available ? I'm not used to git :/
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Do you compile with make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=- or is there some optimization flags to set? A bunch of other miners and posts mention msse2 -O3 and some others I think.
Activity: 363
"Roundsievepercentage" doesn't show on the mininginfo anymore.
It's replaced by "sieveextensions" (default value : 6 )

Any info on that?

"Roundsievepercentage" is gone. The round primorial is now adjusted automatically.

"Sieveextensions" is a new parameter which controls the new big optimization. jh00 discovered that the sieve can be "extended" efficiently to numbers that are two times bigger. That parameter determines how many times the sieve is extended (each further extension will produce numbers two times bigger than the previous extension). Bigger numbers will have a lower probability of hitting primes and prime chains but each extension is pretty cheap. Six extensions seemed like the optimal value for mainnet.
Activity: 392
"Roundsievepercentage" doesn't show on the mininginfo anymore.
It's replaced by "sieveextensions" (default value : 6 )

Any info on that?
Pages:
Jump to: