Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 36. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 479
Merit: 250
Think about the noise ! Servers are noisy (and will also generate heat), you don't want to sleep close to them.

my workstation is super silent at 1.55 gets up to 22 primespersec and im still overclocking them just harder as this has no overclocking options
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Slowly mining  Cool

well we're all happy for you (why the fuck post this ?)... I see you keep on posting one liners everywhere to get your activity up  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I wonder why you're wasting bandwidth, our time and yours for this !

Its not a waste as increased posts gets you more BTC for renting out your signature.
Exactly.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Slowly mining  Cool

well we're all happy for you (why the fuck post this ?)... I see you keep on posting one liners everywhere to get your activity up  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Its not a waste as increased posts gets you more BTC for renting out your signature.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
legendary
Terminated.
Slowly mining  Cool

Learn to hype.
Posts = activity? In what damn paralel universe did you see this happening?
FYI I can make as many as I want, even 1 worded posts.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Tamis, I'll play with my i7 3820 and report back with results...using stock hp9 nets me 1.2 cpd with 4.1ghz and 1866mhz cl9 ram.
I'll go for 2400mhz ram and 4.5ghz cpu and play with settings then for max efficiency.

Mine has 10mb l3 and yours 8mb...did you oc it?
Activity: 476
Slowly mining  Cool

legendary
Terminated.
Slowly mining  Cool
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
I think I'm gonna jump on those used dual xeon servers too...Tamis, they are quite good, I know a guy who has one.
Expect a bit better performance vs your 3770k.
Not half bad for 300usd at ebay.

Not bad indeed, but I live in France so the shipping is a killer :/

My 3770k just found two blocks in 7 hours Smiley  To think what I was getting on ypool when I tried it for a few (lost) hours... just dust on this pool !

That's called luck. Smiley I got 12 XPM on Ypool in a couple days from 5 servers, and after I switched them back to solo mining a couple days ago, I've gotten nothing.

Even if I take luck out and look at a month of mining I would make a lot more soloing than on that pool !

Yes, I'm finding that to be the case as well. I just discovered that since posting that one of my servers finally found 2 blocks 2 hours apart today.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
I finally got brave today and checked all of my computers.  6 days, 5 computers (2@~.8 and 3@~.45 chains per day), 4 blocks.

Needless to say, I are happy!

Do you mean you're not checking at all? At least, you make sure that everyone is still mining, right? It would be too bad to have idle miners for days Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I finally got brave today and checked all of my computers.  6 days, 5 computers (2@~.8 and 3@~.45 chains per day), 4 blocks.

Needless to say, I are happy!
2 million is typically seen as the best although I use 2000001 as it is prime :wink:

I did not see any consensus regarding 2M being the best.

Sources ?
Activity: 119
i have small farm of servers , and i'm using them to mine prime coins , the servers differ from dual 2650s to dual 5680s down to 2*5620s as well as core i5 , in total there are 20 servers , and i earn like from as low as 3-4 blocks to 8-10 blocks a day ,
on 5680s and 2650s i have cent 6 64 , so i've compiled hp9 with ease , but on 5620s i only have el5.5 64 , and i couldn't compile hp9 , so i've installed xen on them and on xen installed cent 6 and hp9 on them they give .
first of all is there anyway to install hp9 directly on el 5 ? does anyone have a compiled version even ?
second of all , what sieve size would give best performance , i didn't see that much of difference between 1m and 2m so i'm using 2m .
also, is there a way that i can install a server like ypool and connect everyone to it and work like a cluster together ?

hey man sorry to hear that, you look like a total bro... Are you sure you are not paying more for electricity than actually earning?

2 million is typically seen as the best although I use 2000001 as it is prime :wink:

is there a way that i can install a server like ypool and connect everyone to it and work like a cluster together ?

I don't see why you would want to do such a thing. There would be no benefit to it (or I missed something).
Activity: 76
i have small farm of servers , and i'm using them to mine prime coins , the servers differ from dual 2650s to dual 5680s down to 2*5620s as well as core i5 , in total there are 20 servers , and i earn like from as low as 3-4 blocks to 8-10 blocks a day ,
on 5680s and 2650s i have cent 6 64 , so i've compiled hp9 with ease , but on 5620s i only have el5.5 64 , and i couldn't compile hp9 , so i've installed xen on them and on xen installed cent 6 and hp9 on them they give .
first of all is there anyway to install hp9 directly on el 5 ? does anyone have a compiled version even ?
second of all , what sieve size would give best performance , i didn't see that much of difference between 1m and 2m so i'm using 2m .
also, is there a way that i can install a server like ypool and connect everyone to it and work like a cluster together ?
Activity: 363
They are quad core, 1.6 Ghz.  They are benchmarked to be better at integer math than the Paralella which starts at $99 and is 32GFlops.  The  i7 4770K is only 32Gflops.  So i don't think it's all that absurd.
Cores and GHz do not mean much.
Now, maybe the flops measure can.

However you have to consider Primecoin is a very complicated beast, it also requires a lot of memory, and fast memory access. Intel processors have a lot of cache and are very good at it.

I doubt you will have a better ratio of performance/price with something else than Intel processors. Especially those with overclocking.

I think you might be right, but building a computer is expensive!  Comparing benchmarks i can see that the quad coretex-a9 1.6ghz is about 3.5 times slower at integer math than a single Intel Core i7 4770K.

But how much would it cost to build that whole pc (even if i used a milkcrate) it would be at least $650.  For the same money i could get 10 of those CX-919 which would have an effective 2.8x performance boost over that one pc for the same price.

And they would probably use less power than that PC.
I think I'm gonna jump on those used dual xeon servers too...Tamis, they are quite good, I know a guy who has one.

My 3770k just found two blocks in 7 hours Smiley  To think what I was getting on ypool when I tried it for a few (lost) hours... just dust on this pool !

That's called luck. Smiley I got 12 XPM on Ypool in a couple days from 5 servers, and after I switched them back to solo mining a couple days ago, I've gotten nothing.

Even if I take luck out and look at a month of mining I would make a lot more soloing than on that pool !

However you have to consider Primecoin is a very complicated beast, it also requires a lot of memory, and fast memory access.

HP9 requires very low amount of memory !
Activity: 364

My 3770k just found two blocks in 7 hours Smiley  To think what I was getting on ypool when I tried it for a few (lost) hours... just dust on this pool !

Activity: 210
I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers
Think about the noise ! Servers are noisy (and will also generate heat), you don't want to sleep close to them.
yeah they are, so I hope people know what they are getting in to. Think vacuum cleaner but with a more annoying pitch... If you want low noise custom is the only way to go. Cooling is a whole other issue.

How about the power consumption (measured at the wall in full charge) for those dual xeon servers (the 2 kinds mentionned earlier)?
Not sure about the dual L5420s but the dual xeons you are looking at around 160-170w. The problem with power consumption is it depends on what is in the box (# drives, ram, add in cards etc), and how cool you keep them (Fans eat up a crap ton of power and there are a lot in servers). At 24c I would expect it be well under 150w. This is based on what I have read, I do not have one on hand to test with (i.e. That 170 number was based on results from the STH forums of a working server which has more ram so the one listed would likely be lower).

A WAG: L5420s I would expect about 10-20% more (platform differences mainly) and full 5420s around 40-50% more.
Activity: 363
Why would you even ask that question Sad
Those things have very low CPU power and aren't built for constant 100% usage either.

Sure, not build for 100% usage got me there.  But for $60 each you could pop the cases off, put them infront of a decent fan.
They are quad core, 1.6 Ghz.  They are benchmarked to be better at integer math than the Paralella which starts at $99 and is 32GFlops.  The  i7 4770K is only 32Gflops.  So i don't think it's all that absurd.
Pages:
Jump to: