Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 72. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Updated Qt binaries are now up.
[rahlquist@corgi 64]$ ./primecoin-qt
./primecoin-qt: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./primecoin-qt)
./primecoin-qt: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./primecoin-qt)
./primecoin-qt: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./primecoin-qt)

Highest version of Glibc avail in stable for Cent/Rhel etc is 2.12

Oh yeah, there are still the glibc and libstdc++ dependencies. Those are quite hard to get rid of. For now your best option is probably to compile it yourself. You can try taking a few pointers from my guide here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xpm-primecoin-high-performance-linux-compilation-guide-259022

That only shows how to compile the daemon though. You'll need to install the Qt development packages in addition to compile the Qt client.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
./primecoin-qt: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by ./primecoin-qt)
./primecoin-qt: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./primecoin-qt)
./primecoin-qt: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by ./primecoin-qt)

Highest version of Glibc avail in stable for Cent/Rhel etc is 2.12
Getting a dependency error on my fresh cent 6.4 install, any thoughts? I dont see a source for this lib for this version of Cent.

./primecoin-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libminiupnpc.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Looks like there's an issue with the Linux Qt binaries in the HP7 release. They use dynamic linking for all libraries instead of static linking where possible. I will update the Linux binaries soon.

Getting a dependency error on my fresh cent 6.4 install, any thoughts? I dont see a source for this lib for this version of Cent.

./primecoin-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libminiupnpc.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Looks like there's an issue with the Linux Qt binaries in the HP7 release. They use dynamic linking for all libraries instead of static linking where possible. I will update the Linux binaries soon.
Not source code, a source for the RPM. And no yum isnt showing one either.

It's on RPMforge. See this link how to enable this in yum:
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge

Then, you can install using the command you've tried above.

I assume that you are using the binaries. If you did compile it yourself, see masterOfDisaster's comments on how to disable UPNP completely.

http://pkgs.org/centos-6-rhel-6/repoforge-x86_64/miniupnpc-1.5-1.el6.rf.x86_64.rpm.html
Thanks but thats not a current enough version it installs libminipnpc.so.5

I may have to try to compile this myself, but doubt I will go to that effort I was mainly going to use it to test this new system for a day or two.
Activity: 518
Merit: 502

It's on RPMforge. See this link how to enable this in yum:
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge

Then, you can install using the command you've tried above.

I assume that you are using the binaries. If you did compile it yourself, see masterOfDisaster's comments on how to disable UPNP completely.

http://pkgs.org/centos-6-rhel-6/repoforge-x86_64/miniupnpc-1.5-1.el6.rf.x86_64.rpm.html
Activity: 321

You can compile the binary without upnp:
Set USE_UPNP:=- by editing the file "makefile.unix" in the src-directory:
Code:
# :=0 --> UPnP support turned off by default at runtime
# :=1 --> UPnP support turned on by default at runtime
# :=- --> No UPnP support - miniupnp not required
USE_UPNP:=-

You don't need a source package. You are missing the library itself. The package should be called miniupnpc on CentOS. Try yum install miniupnpc

[root@corgi 64]# yum install miniupnpc
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: mirror.ubiquityservers.com
 * epel: fedora.mirror.netriplex.com
 * extras: mirror.es.its.nyu.edu
 * updates: centos.aol.com
Setting up Install Process
No package miniupnpc available.
Error: Nothing to do
Activity: 52
Is it already too difficult to get some results?

I'm mining with an i7 and get ~800-1000 pps. But didn't find anything in the last 20h  Sad

I think it might be already too difficult. I'm running on OS X 10.8.4, and I set up an Ubuntu OS in VMWare Fusion. It's running around 600-700 ops, has gone through almost 80,000 blocks in 24 hours, and there's nothing produced so far. I'll let it keep running for a few days. I understand that luck is a major factor, so maybe lady luck will visit me.

Why not run native? you could probably get better PPS than that. and the code compiles fine native OSX.

The simplest answer to this question is that I was able to find a great guide (like "Mining Primecoin for Total Dumbsh*ts") for Linux, but not one for OS X. I understand the very broad concept of compiling code, but I am not familiar with actually doing it. Smiley

You don't need a source package. You are missing the library itself. The package should be called miniupnpc on CentOS. Try yum install miniupnpc
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Anyone have any luck getting this to run on the Xeon Phi?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/xeon/xeon-phi-detail.html

Phi are coprocessors, and probably require specific coding to utilize them. On the other hand, intel might've designed them to be virtualized by certain OS so that they can seamlessly be used as 'normal' CPU by any processes, but I doubt it.

From your link:

Ease of programming Intel® architecture

Applications can support both Intel® Xeon® processors and Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessors which use common languages, models, and tools, including:

Familiar and standard development tools—no need for learning new languages or tools
    Intel® tools like Intel® Cluster Studio XE, as well as many tools from other vendors
    Popular approaches such as Message Passing Interface, OpenMP, Fortran’s DO CONCURRENT*, Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) , and Intel® Cilk™ Plus

It sounds like it could be done, but someone would have to sit down with them and develop the code, then do tests.

Activity: 321
Can someone confirm that -hp7 works? Didn't find a block since 24hrs.

Can someone of the "big players" could confirm that -hp7 works fine for them?
I might not be a big player but I can nevertheless confirm that hp7 works fine - if you mean in terms of solving blocks with it. I can confirm that for both mikaelh's 64 bit binary for linux and the 64 bit binary for windows.
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

Yes hp7 works fine.

Activity: 476
People starting to mine should know that by now block finds are rare even on i7 3770k @ 4.4 !
I used to find a block a day and I have found none during the last 72h...
Activity: 363
What did you set 6M at? I think 61440000 did good for me, but that was only on the testnet and never did good when it came down to the nuts and bolts of mining, haha.

HP3 had best results (on testnet) at 6553600. It outperformed 6M & 6144000 on HP3. However, I never found a block on mainnet using those settings and it yields low PPS on mainnet.

Right now I'm using v7 at 2M/8% and getting good PPS (good=not as good as others, but acceptable) for this difficulty (compared to other settings/builds).  This is with an older i7 860 quad @ 3.22 on Win7/64.

Even though I'm seeing lower PPS w/v7 I'm sticking with it for Sunny's fix.
Activity: 294
So it seems like a few people cant get sievesize to 4M or more.

v3 has worked well above 6M sievesize for me. it's the only version that works on mainnet above 2.2M for my i7 quad.

it's also the last version I found blocks with on mainnet.  Undecided

v6 was fastest (most BPMs), but I can't get it to run on mainnet with the settings I had on testnet (6144000).

What did you set 6M at? I think 61440000 did good for me, but that was only on the testnet and never did good when it came down to the nuts and bolts of mining, haha.
So it seems like a few people cant get sievesize to 4M or more.

v3 has worked well above 6M sievesize for me. it's the only version that works on mainnet above 2.2M for my i7 quad.

it's also the last version I found blocks with on mainnet.  Undecided

v6 was fastest (most BPMs), but I can't get it to run on mainnet with the settings I had on testnet (6144000).

I am definitely using the 64 bit version as I had previously.

My prime rate was 2400 with v5 then I extracted v7 and ran it, only gets 1200-1300 now. It only took me 1 minute to extract the new version and change the target I run, this is not comparing between days.

I was trying to get 4M sievesize with this shortcut command to start it:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "runlow" /low C:\primecoin-0.1.1-hp7-winx64\primecoin-qt.exe -gen -setgenerate true -sievesize=4000000

except... it crashes on 4M. So I have it running on 2M right now:

ditto to all the above for my i7 quad. much slower results, less blocks on testnet with v7 vs any other version.  mainnet yielded 40% less PPS & CPM on avg.

on testnet v7 would find consecutive blocks almost immediately, then nothing for a few minutes, then 1 BPM or less thereafter during all test using all settings I've tried on other versions and new ones.  Setting to default settings on testnet gave fastest results, but blocks were still much less than any other version tested during same time frame.

FWIW, yes my settings are set correctly and always have been.

UPDATE : Well, I have to take back the above now. I lowered my proc to 4 and now have higher PPS/CPM(?) than previously and it spikes to the highest values I've seen on mainnet w/other builds. Then again, it could all be a matter of when I'm fetching the info. It fluctuates a lot (as I'm sure you know) so it's hard to say if there were higher values at times I didn't check. I can only report what I see.
Pages:
Jump to: