Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 73. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
I'm about to start renting dedicated servers by the dozen. I think that I found n4ru's special place...

Supposing a GPU miner comes up next week, how could I monetize the servers?

use capybara or a similar framework to script watching videos for btc:
http://www.videobtc.com/?ref=0184e4f464
Activity: 109
Merit: 16
I'm about to start renting dedicated servers by the dozen. I think that I found n4ru's special place...

Supposing a GPU miner comes up next week, how could I monetize the servers?

Activity: 217
I get this everytime I start up primecoind --daemon and execute  watch -n 5 'primecoind getmininginfo & primecoind listaccounts & primecoind getconnectioncount'

1st problem (during launch)

error: couldn't connect to server

then I have to go back, and execute primecoind --daemon again until I see this: Error: Cannot obtain a lock on data directory /root/.primecoin. Primecoin is probably already running.

It takes some time to start the primecoind --daemon, so the first round of primecoind requests are not able to connect to the server.
Activity: 154
I get this everytime I start up primecoind --daemon and execute  watch -n 5 'primecoind getmininginfo & primecoind listaccounts & primecoind getconnectioncount'

1st problem (during launch)

then I have to go back, and execute primecoind --daemon again until I see this: Error: Cannot obtain a lock on data directory /root/.primecoin. Primecoin is probably already running.

about 10-20 seconds later, the stats show up, and its connected. Do you think this problem could be affecting my possibility to mine blocks? about 2 days ago, I mined 2 blocks in 1 hour.. then nothing the rest of the day, and i am curious if this error has something to do with it? My other server doesn't have this problem, and loads after the first execution of primecoind. Any ideas?

I am using HP7 with directory of /primecoin/src when executing primecoind.

2nd problem (closing down)
Primecoin server stopping
root@# primecoind stop
root@# primecoind stop

I have to use killall -9 primecoind (at twice) to get it to stop. Any ideas to get it back on the right track? 1 server executes launch and stop commands fine, one server doesn't.

1st:
primecoind take 100% CPU usage so that make VPS extreme slow, just let it watch, then will be ok. Sleep 5; after --daemon if you want.

2st: Normally it'll stop after 3-5sec, if you can't stop it, reboot the VPS.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Complete scrub to this, should I be running the primecoin-qt or primecoind?

If you're running it and want visual interaction, you want to run primecoin-qt.
If you want to control it via command line or are using a headless system, primecoind.

You should get the same performance with each.

Awesome, thanks!
Activity: 168
Complete scrub to this, should I be running the primecoin-qt or primecoind?

If you're running it and want visual interaction, you want to run primecoin-qt.
If you want to control it via command line or are using a headless system, primecoind.

You should get the same performance with each.
Activity: 3
Complete scrub to this, should I be running the primecoin-qt or primecoind?  Running the primecoin-qt, my laptop has an Ivy Bridge i5 and NVS 5400m and is getting about 1600 prime/sec, desktop has an Athlon X2 6000+ and gets about the same, does this sound about right?  How long does it take to get XPM?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
So it seems like a few people cant get sievesize to 4M or more.

I am not experienced enough with the code/theory to explain why this might be happening, maybe mikaelh can work it out of we post our infos.

I have it crashing on both machines that I mine with when I set it to 4M.

As another member pointed out, it seems possible to mine with 3.6M but going to 3.7M will make it crash every time.

My machines are fairly different:

Main rig:
Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83 GHz)
4 GB DDR3 @ 667 MHz
Asus P5Q3 Deluxe Wifi@n version
6870+5970+5750
Vista 64 fully updated

Repurposed Dell office PC:
Core2Duo E8400 (3 GHz)
4 GB DDR2 @ 400 MHz
Dell 0Y958C (intel?) motherboard
PCI 8 MB Ati Rage graphics card + onboard
Win7 64 fully updated

both now running hp7 of course.

Looking further, it seems that the limit is around 3642400... but it is not a fixed thing. For example sometimes it will work and othertimes it wont, but it seems to center around this value for me. If it doesn't crash immediately then it seems to mine happily. It crashes as soon as a network connection is established and mining begins, if it's going to crash.
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
My spoon is too big!
Is it already too difficult to get some results?

I'm mining with an i7 and get ~800-1000 pps. But didn't find anything in the last 20h  Sad

I think it might be already too difficult. I'm running on OS X 10.8.4, and I set up an Ubuntu OS in VMWare Fusion. It's running around 600-700 ops, has gone through almost 80,000 blocks in 24 hours, and there's nothing produced so far. I'll let it keep running for a few days. I understand that luck is a major factor, so maybe lady luck will visit me.

Why not run native? you could probably get better PPS than that. and the code compiles fine native OSX.

I've tried it. For some reason running it in a VM on Ubuntu gives 2-3x the performance. No idea why.
Activity: 476
SS 4M crashes client here, 3.6M works, i7 3770k
Activity: 363

I'm mining with an i7 and get ~800-1000 pps. But didn't find anything in the last 20h  Sad

I think it might be already too difficult. I'm running on OS X 10.8.4, and I set up an Ubuntu OS in VMWare Fusion. It's running around 600-700 ops, has gone through almost 80,000 blocks in 24 hours, and there's nothing produced so far. I'll let it keep running for a few days. I understand that luck is a major factor, so maybe lady luck will visit me.

Why not run native? you could probably get better PPS than that. and the code compiles fine native OSX.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
anything over 2000000 and mine crashes. x64 bit launches and stops closes window.

You sure you're on the newest version (hp7)?  I just tested 10mil on x64 and it worked fine.

What kind of CPU are you using?  I have an i7 3820, and I have been reporting this problem since at least hp4.  I used to be able to go up to 4M just fine, and anything over that crashed - but with hp7, anything much over 2M crashes.

I7 3930
Activity: 52

anything over 2000000 and mine crashes. x64 bit launches and stops closes window.

You sure you're on the newest version (hp7)?  I just tested 10mil on x64 and it worked fine.

What kind of CPU are you using?  I have an i7 3820, and I have been reporting this problem since at least hp4.  I used to be able to go up to 4M just fine, and anything over that crashed - but with hp7, anything much over 2M crashes.

Core i5-3210, 2.50GHz

I've had mine running at ~4M for the last few hours without a hiccup.  I ran 10M on accident (had an extra zero) for about half an hour.
legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Hmm i run at 2048000 on debian x64.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

+1 running on Windows
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Pages:
Jump to: