Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 75. (Read 397616 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Obviously that correction mattered. Yes you complained, you made huge mistakes there.
Stop spying on me, QRK earned me more than you and half of the people mining XPM will.
Get real servers and then you won't go into an loss.

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Go relax under the sun a bit... It sounds like you are just passing through. Smiley
/slap for being ignorant.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I forgot to mention that -hp7 should reduce the amount of random crashes since the crashes happen during block template creation. It's not a complete fix but it should help a bit.

Thanks mikaelh you are doing a superb job. He deserves some tips Smiley 
Activity: 301
I forgot to mention that -hp7 should reduce the amount of random crashes since the crashes happen during block template creation. It's not a complete fix but it should help a bit.
Obviously that correction mattered. Yes you complained, you made huge mistakes there.
Stop spying on me, QRK earned me more than you and half of the people mining XPM will.

Can I get you something to drink? Water? Go relax under the sun a bit... It sounds like you are just passing through. Smiley
legendary
Terminated.
5 Linux Servers running latest HP6 with 30K PPS ~ total and only 1 BLOCK SO FAR (14+ HOURS ) = NEGATIVE $67

I mined a block before DDOS (or it was a bug with the network)... I can safely say I am really not really MINING blocks anymore. Hope I see some action in the next 24 hours.
You can't blaim the coin for your bad investment.

Blame*

and did I blame the coin? and the servers mined a decent amount of blocks prior to the crash today... so you can't say its a bad investment either. Go back to QRK coin, you might be able to get a quick $0.05 out of 10k coins Smiley~

EDIT: you know its all fun and games at the end of the day! so I'll be first to say, I am joking, hehe?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018
Activity: 363
-hp7 is out with Sunny King's bugfix!

This release contains Sunny King's important fix for mining large blocks. Last night we had an issue with one person sending out big transactions. The transactions were legit but the miner choked on them because it was creating block templates too frequently. Sunny King's patch fixes the issue so that new block templates are created only when needed. New transactions are only included at 10 second intervals. A new block being broadcasted on the network will still of course reset the miner.

I did also put in a small performance improvement for the sieve that was ready to go.

Thanks mikaelh!
Activity: 301
-hp7 is out with Sunny King's bugfix!

This release contains Sunny King's important fix for mining large blocks. Last night we had an issue with one person sending out big transactions. The transactions were legit but the miner choked on them because it was creating block templates too frequently. Sunny King's patch fixes the issue so that new block templates are created only when needed. New transactions are only included at 10 second intervals. A new block being broadcasted on the network will still of course reset the miner.

I did also put in a small performance improvement for the sieve that was ready to go.
Looks like the repo is updated with the fix for last nights bug.

What happened last night?

Read the last couple pages in this thread. 'splains it all.

What happened last night?
5 Linux Servers running latest HP6 with 30K PPS ~ total and only 1 BLOCK SO FAR (14+ HOURS ) = NEGATIVE $67

I mined a block before DDOS (or it was a bug with the network)... I can safely say I am really not really MINING blocks anymore. Hope I see some action in the next 24 hours.

Blame*

and did I blame the coin? and the servers mined a decent amount of blocks prior to the crash today... so you can't say its a bad investment either. Go back to QRK coin, you might be able to get a quick $0.05 out of 10k coins Smiley~

EDIT: you know its all fun and games at the end of the day! so I'll be first to say, I am joking, hehe?

So.....what sever/host you using again  Grin.  It's too late in the game at this point for VPM primecoin, I am just curious for my own needs.

haha, yeah it is namecheap. and I am not worried about it, just didn't think it was crucial details Smiley

So.. It sounds like you know of an alternative plan. Do you care to share what you have in mind? I think you are onto something! GPU miner? CUDA?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Blame*

So.....what sever/host you using again  Grin.  It's too late in the game at this point for VPM primecoin, I am just curious for my own needs.

Blame*

Activity: 378
Think about giving this up. Haven't hit a single block in 6 days at 4000 PPS. And now HP6 constantly crashes.
legendary
Terminated.
5 Linux Servers running latest HP6  with 30K PPS ~ total and only 1 BLOCK SO FAR (14+ HOURS ) = NEGATIVE $67

5 Linux Servers running latest HP6  with 30K PPS ~ total and only 1 BLOCK SO FAR (14+ HOURS ) = NEGATIVE $67

I mined a block before DDOS, after DDOS, I CAN SAFELY SAY... I am really not MINING anymore.

what host were you using?

Not Digital Ocean. Not NameCheap. Not HostGator. Not Amazon. Don't think if I told you it would really matter.

all I am doing is posting results. Anyone else getting something similar or less blocks than before after the ddos or network "bug"?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
5 Linux Servers running latest HP6  with 30K PPS ~ total and only 1 BLOCK SO FAR (14+ HOURS ) = NEGATIVE $67

I mined a block before DDOS, after DDOS, I CAN SAFELY SAY... I am really not MINING anymore.

what host were you using?

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Mikaelh, do you think the GPY sieve described in this article http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/05/twin-primes/all/ and this http://arxiv.org/abs/math/0508185 paper could be useful i.e. faster than the sieve of Eratosthenes?

From the wired article:
The Sieve of Eratosthenes works perfectly to identify primes, but it is too cumbersome and inefficient to be used to answer theoretical questions. Over the past century, number theorists have developed a collection of methods that provide useful approximate answers to such questions.

“The Sieve of Eratosthenes does too good a job,” Goldston said. “Modern sieve methods give up on trying to sieve perfectly.”

GPY developed a sieve that filters out lists of numbers that are plausible candidates for having prime pairs in them. To get from there to actual prime pairs, the researchers combined their sieving tool with a function whose effectiveness is based on a parameter called the level of distribution that measures how quickly the prime numbers start to display certain regularities.

The level of distribution is known to be at least ½. This is exactly the right value to prove the GPY result, but it falls just short of proving that there are always pairs of primes with a bounded gap.
Since we don't try to prove that there is an infinite number of primechains, it should work, right? Discussed here too https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unknown-mathematician-proves-elusive-property-of-prime-numbers-252636
Pages:
Jump to: