Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 6. (Read 397622 times)

Activity: 318
Merit: 250
when you say val/hr is that the same as XPM/hr?  If so, my efficiency sucks too.   I have 2 machines with 3770K prc's and im averaging .050 XPM/hr
Activity: 47
Merit: 24
Hi!

I can't sync my wallet Sad

I've already add these nodes:

-addnode=137.116.230.21 -addnode=94.23.215.174 -addnode=87.98.146.72

Still nothing and still no connections to primecoin network Sad

Also on pool mining, I have awfull performance... I'm using a double xeon X5690 2x6cores 2x12threads  with 48GB of RAM and my val/h are about 1val/h...
Also on a double Xeon E5540 2x4 cores I'm having about 0.35val/h...
On my Intel X3960 6c12t about... 0.3val/h
And Finnaly on a 4770k I have 0.4val/h...

What is going on? Can I have a problem with my network connection or something? I'm using Windows 8 on all the PC's.

Thanks for the help Smiley

André
Activity: 301
hi, is it possible to run miner on SPARC?

I have only tested my code on x86 and x86-64, so some issues will likely arise on other platforms. You would probably need to do some porting to get the code running on SPARC.
Activity: 318
I just started mining Primecoin, although I dont understand much about it compared to mining other coins.  Im using an I7-3770.  Are the results below good?

[STATS] 2014-02-12 08:20:14 | 1955 primes/s, 31734 tests/s,  600 5-chains/h, 0.061 chains/d
[MASTER] work received
[MASTER] work received
[STATS] 2014-02-12 08:21:14 | 1984 primes/s, 32293 tests/s,  600 5-chains/h, 0.062 chains/d
[MASTER] work received
[MASTER] work received
[MASTER] work received
[STATS] 2014-02-12 08:22:14 | 1948 primes/s, 31389 tests/s,  480 5-chains/h, 0.062 chains/d
[MASTER] work received
[STATS] 2014-02-12 08:23:14 | 2027 primes/s, 32970 tests/s,  480 5-chains/h, 0.062 chains/d
[MASTER] work received
[STATS] 2014-02-12 08:24:14 | 2013 primes/s, 32596 tests/s,  720 5-chains/h, 0.063 chains/d
[MASTER] work received
[STATS] 2014-02-12 08:25:14 | 1998 primes/s, 32187 tests/s,  780 5-chains/h, 0.062 chains/d
[STATS] 2014-02-12 08:26:14 | 1984 primes/s, 31875 tests/s,  420 5-chains/h, 0.064 chains/d
[STATS] 2014-02-12 08:27:14 | 1985 primes/s, 32160 tests/s,  840 5-chains/h, 0.063 chains/d

I have a 2nd rig which is the same config but does on average 2250 primes/s.

What is the best miner and config/bat to use so i can get the most out of my setup?   Im only using 7 of 8 threads. (genproclimit=7)
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
hi, is it possible to run miner on SPARC?
Activity: 294
Hi primecoin
I didnt forget about you!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Hello,

I would like to ask for reasonability of Primecoin solo mining on setup 16x Intel Xeon E5-2620 @2Ghz (I'm running on Primecoin-HP).  Huh

Thank You very much

1. Run the latest HP client on one of the machines, ensure all CPU threads are used.
2. Go to debug console, type: "getmininginfo"
3. Use this magic:

Here's an updated formula for calculating blocks/day:

blocks/day = chains/day * (0.97 * (1 - fracDiff) + 0.03)

Here fracDiff is the fractional part of the difficulty, i.e. fracDiff = diff - floor(diff).

This is simply assuming that it's a 0.03 probability for the (k+1)'th number being prime in a chain. These result in longer chains which are not subject to the fractional difficulty. This number was produced by the function EstimateNormalPrimeProbability() in my latest code. It's a bit smaller than my previous estimate of 0.035 being the probability.

4. Multiply by 16
5. Look up exchange rate of XPM on any of the sites which list it. http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/#jump-xpm-btc
6. Calculate your obtainable $/day
7. Calculate your costs: electricity - you'll need a wattmeter of some kind.
8. You can now answer your question.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Hello,

I would like to ask for reasonability of Primecoin solo mining on setup 16x Intel Xeon E5-2620 @2Ghz (I'm running on Primecoin-HP).  Huh

Thank You very much
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Oh yeah, I forgot to add prime.h to the commit. It's fixed now. It was a problem with commit b6a92cd8b9.

Works now, thanks. Any plans to include xpm protocol functionality into the wallet so we can use it as a hub ? Having to download the entire blockchain on every node is a pain ... plus it would allow us to experiment with current pool miners, jhprimeminer, xolominer, etc..

No plans for that currently. I've been hoping that the stand-alone miner devs would eventually implement either getwork or getblocktemplate (GBT). GBT is working and getwork should be fixed but I haven't tried it. There's a few forks of jhPrimeminer out there that do that but it looks like the code hasn't spread to the more popular forks. Also, I don't know the specs of the pool protocols so I don't know exactly what the advantages are.

I have spoken to both Aerocloud and clintar. Offered a .5 btc bounty for implementing solo mining capabilities. They refused. I think they both have a deal with the pool owners preventing them from releasing solo miners. If anyone reading this knows xpt protocol and can implement it into the original wallet let us know, i am sure more people will chime in to increase the bounty.

It's not clear to me what is your goal after all. Do you want XPT protocol implemented to the wallet to mine with it on yPool (and some other pools that supports xpt) or you want a good standalone miner (like Aero's)that works also in solo mode using getwork or getblocktemplate protocol? Implementing the later one is not a big deal for me. Basically I have it already in https://github.com/hg5fm/jhPrimeminer

My goal is to make available to the primecoin community a standalone, open-source miner that can be used for both pool and solo mining. Pool miner devs are more active than mikaelh, they tweak and release new optimizations/settings more often, it would be better if xpt protocol is implemented into the original wallet.

I've had it with binary only (jhprimer solominers) builds infected with rogue wallets.
Activity: 291
Oh yeah, I forgot to add prime.h to the commit. It's fixed now. It was a problem with commit b6a92cd8b9.

Works now, thanks. Any plans to include xpm protocol functionality into the wallet so we can use it as a hub ? Having to download the entire blockchain on every node is a pain ... plus it would allow us to experiment with current pool miners, jhprimeminer, xolominer, etc..

No plans for that currently. I've been hoping that the stand-alone miner devs would eventually implement either getwork or getblocktemplate (GBT). GBT is working and getwork should be fixed but I haven't tried it. There's a few forks of jhPrimeminer out there that do that but it looks like the code hasn't spread to the more popular forks. Also, I don't know the specs of the pool protocols so I don't know exactly what the advantages are.

I have spoken to both Aerocloud and clintar. Offered a .5 btc bounty for implementing solo mining capabilities. They refused. I think they both have a deal with the pool owners preventing them from releasing solo miners. If anyone reading this knows xpt protocol and can implement it into the original wallet let us know, i am sure more people will chime in to increase the bounty.

It's not clear to me what is your goal after all. Do you want XPT protocol implemented to the wallet to mine with it on yPool (and some other pools that supports xpt) or you want a good standalone miner (like Aero's)that works also in solo mode using getwork or getblocktemplate protocol? Implementing the later one is not a big deal for me. Basically I have these protocols already implemented in https://github.com/hg5fm/jhPrimeminer (like mikaelh mentioned above)

legendary

legendary

legendary
Unable to compile latest beta :

main.cpp: In member function ‘CBigNum CBlockIndex::GetBlockWork() const’:
main.cpp:2229: error: ‘nWorkTransitionRatioLog’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [obj/main.o] Error 1

seems to be a problem with commit 6e8855b1fd7bfcb610dd1090bbf334bd639a3a9a
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Hi ALL.
I've got some resources on a private cloud. Around of 40x CPU. For now, I've created 2 VM with 20x core each. But my question is: maybe will be a better solution to create, for example, 20 VM with 2x core each? Will this influent in someway on probability to find blocks? Or leave as is, with 20x core on 2 VM?

Luck is a big factor in primecoin mining, why dont you run 10x2cpu instances on one acc and 2x8cpu + 1x4cpu on the other and let us know which one found more blocks.

Because I was thinking what here are some math-guys who can explain in term of probability (or so) which way are more efficient Smiley one-two big or a lot of small. Experimentally I will do it by myself(someday), but was hoping for some shortcuts Smiley

It comes down to how the VMs are implemented on the servers (physical hardware). If you are unsure, best to run single-core instances.

By implement, you mean hypervisor? It's Vmware Esxi.

The ratio of physical cores to virtual cores (vCPU). Ideally, you want a one-to-one ratio with low hypervisor overhead.

It's 1:1. I know that because I'm managing the virtual environment by myself. Also, a pair of core is not used on that server, to compensate overhead.
Activity: 278
Hi ALL.
I've got some resources on a private cloud. Around of 40x CPU. For now, I've created 2 VM with 20x core each. But my question is: maybe will be a better solution to create, for example, 20 VM with 2x core each? Will this influent in someway on probability to find blocks? Or leave as is, with 20x core on 2 VM?

Luck is a big factor in primecoin mining, why dont you run 10x2cpu instances on one acc and 2x8cpu + 1x4cpu on the other and let us know which one found more blocks.

Because I was thinking what here are some math-guys who can explain in term of probability (or so) which way are more efficient Smiley one-two big or a lot of small. Experimentally I will do it by myself(someday), but was hoping for some shortcuts Smiley

It comes down to how the VMs are implemented on the servers (physical hardware). If you are unsure, best to run single-core instances.

The ratio of physical cores to virtual cores (vCPU). Ideally, you want a one-to-one ratio with low hypervisor overhead.
Hi ALL.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Hi ALL.

Hi ALL.

Pages:
Jump to: