Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 5. (Read 397587 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
right, from 4.78 to 0.2. Really?
What kind of math is it?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Well, it's 32 cpu(16 in hypertrading) on one machine.

One month ago man got 4.78 with 9.9 difficulty http://www.reddit.com/r/primecoin/comments/1rt9tn/does_primecoin_need_to_be_optimized/

I can't beleive this is normal

Yeah, and then diff = 10+ happened. Massive reduction in the value is normal and expected.
Well, it's 32 cpu(16 in hypertrading) on one machine.

One month ago man got 4.78 with 9.9 difficulty http://www.reddit.com/r/primecoin/comments/1rt9tn/does_primecoin_need_to_be_optimized/

I can't beleive this is normal
Activity: 546
Hi guys.

Ubuntu 12.04, high performance 11, E5-2665 x2

"chainsperday" : 0.20490105,
What am i doing wrong?

Sounds about right. Problem?
Hi guys.

Ubuntu 12.04, high performance 11, E5-2665 x2

"chainsperday" : 0.20490105,
What am i doing wrong?
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
New RapidPrime miner 35% faster than hp11 latest beta build

Using a closed-source precompiled miner? U mad?

As if you can read code.. Aeroclouds ypool miner is also closed source. So are all PTS miners

...and this is why I don't use them. Anyways, the point isn't that *I* can read the code, the point is that the community can read the code and collectively decide whether a program is trustworthy.

Of course, if there are enough people that take the risk to experiment  (and if there is an absence of "someone emptied my wallet"-messages after a few weeks) also constitutes kind of a proof, but I prefer the other kind. Smiley
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
First of all, the (Windows) command prompt is something different than the wallet debug window, visible in your screenshot. You don't need the command prompt to mine with the wallet application or High Performance client.

Secondly, everything is working fine in your screenshot. As you can see from the "getmininginfo", "generate" is set to true, so your computer is already working. It just takes a while for the performance stats to show up. Wait for 2 minutes, then enter "getmininginfo" again, and you'll see.

And finally, no one uses the wallet app to mine Dogecoins. You'll need cgminer (for AMD cards) or cudaminer (for nVidia cards) for that. That's a whole different topic though.

Nothing of this has anything to do with your SSD. Smiley
Activity: 700
Can somebody help me? cannot get Prime coin running...I am going through all instructions, Windows 7 computer 64 bit. My command prompt for the miner keeps instantly closing. I downloaded the recommended miner. Searched for awhile on how to keep my command prompt from closing, got no where. Below is a screenshot of me doing a simple command for the set it to use all cores, then i getmininginfo and it never sets it up. I have had major issues getting any other miners to run. The only other mine I ever got to run was the Dogecoin one, and I COULD NOT get it to run using my GPU. I have a feeling I am missing some kind of library/extensions since this is all installed on an SSD. I have no idea what I am missing if I am missing something.

thanks to anyone who can help

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Aeroclouds ypool miner is also closed source. So are all PTS miners
...no

Yes.. His last open source version is t16 - 3 months old. All t17 and 18 versions are closed source.  YAM PTS miner by yvg1900 - binary only, abc123 pts miner - binary, etcetc
legendary

As if you can read code.. Aeroclouds ypool miner is also closed source. So are all PTS miners
Activity: 517
Merit: 501

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

Hi,

Live Primecoin Price Chart for Your Website

We have created a series of free Live Interactive Cryptocurrency Charts which you can use on your website  (Dogecoin, Litecoin, DevCoin, Lottocoin, Quark ... 130 cryptocurrencies).
   It will display live prices for a selected cryptocurrency with graphics price changes on your website.

Primecoin price chart which you can place on your website  - http://myip.ms/info/chartbox/m/63#c

Regards
  Myip.ms Team
  http://live.myip.ms

legendary
New RapidPrime miner 35% faster than hp11 latest beta build :

http://www.reddit.com/r/primecoin/comments/1y34r5/rapidprime_new_pool_with_the_fastest_miner/

I'm getting 0.104chains/d compared to 0.0076 on hp11!
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Is primecoin on a deathbed ? Abandoned by the developers, undervalued, and soon to be replaced by a real prime-generating algorithm - RieCoin ??

What do you mean by "real prime-generating algorithm"? I don't think Riecoin is better than XPM in any way -- not more scientifically valuable, difficult to mine, and the developer seems to have already been MIA. Some coin holders are pumping it, and that is about it.
Worst part about Riecoin is that its difficulty algo is from the stone age, compared to XPM. I don't see why anyone would consider it to be better.

But I'd really like to see another version of the Primecoin HP client at some point. I doubt it's already so perfect that there's nothing to improve anymore.
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
Is primecoin on a deathbed ? Abandoned by the developers, undervalued, and soon to be replaced by a real prime-generating algorithm - RieCoin ??

What do you mean by "real prime-generating algorithm"? I don't think Riecoin is better than XPM in any way -- not more scientifically valuable, difficult to mine, and the developer seems to have already been MIA. Some coin holders are pumping it, and that is about it.
legendary
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
2mikaelh,  can u port miner on sparc?
same question to teknohog  Smiley

Don't know how relevant this is but have you seen this http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=2091.0;topicseen ?
Activity: 221
Merit: 100

PRIMECOIN - ON POSITION 24 - TRADING ACTIVITY ON CRYPTSY.COM

Here Cryptsy Live Statistics - http://live.myip.ms

Activity: 3
2mikaelh,  can u port miner on sparc?
same question to teknohog  Smiley
Activity: 519
Merit: 252
hi, is it possible to run miner on SPARC?

I have only tested my code on x86 and x86-64, so some issues will likely arise on other platforms. You would probably need to do some porting to get the code running on SPARC.

I compiled and ran this on ARM back in the day (mined two blocks on a Linkstation, FWIW). The main thing to worry about *coin daemons on fringe platforms is endianness, as some of the protocols are stuck on little-endian. I never got a wallet working on a PowerPC but my custom mining script was fine :-j

(Rant: hash algorithms, network byte order, and natural number systems are all big endian. The original Bitcoin client/daemon was developed on x86 Windows and it makes all kinds of assumptions and translations with byte order. Banks will never use *coin because big iron is traditionally big endian Grin)
Pages:
Jump to: