Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin - page 6. (Read 102789 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Someone close to mlrlt said the sieve part is now 50* quicker. (than a core of 1055T )

We don't know about the fermat test but a good news is the High Performance CPU miner by mikaelh use by default 70% of his time to do the sievepart and only 30% for the fermat test. And i use 76%, because i get slighly better result.

So even if the fermat is not as quick than the sievepart, we should still got a very good performance increase because most of the time is use to do the sieve part.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
I am working on an OpenCL GPU miner for Primecoin. I fully intend to release it open-source and for free when it's ready.

Progress reports: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Where do I download it?

It's not ready yet. I have a working GPU proof-of-concept, but it's not any faster than straight-up CPU mining. Donate 1 BTC or more and get early beta access a week before others! The address is in the bottom of this post. Thanks!

When will it be released?

If all goes well, there should be a closed beta on July 25th 29th okay I underestimated the amount of work a bit, give me a week! The official release will be after a week or two of beta testing.

Why should I trust you?

I am the creator of the GPU miner Reaper. I was the first person to show that GPU mining Litecoins (i.e. scrypt) is possible and also a lot more efficient than on the CPU. I've made my own GPU miners for many coins, including Bitcoin, Litecoin and Yacoin, although not all of them have been released to the public. The Primecoin GPU miner will be free and open-source.

I am also a university math student, and I have made my own implementation of the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm used by Bitcoin (and all its forks) to make transactions. From scratch. (Yes, that includes my own bignum library.) I know a lot about algebra, prime numbers and such.

Why not CUDA?

CUDA is not cross-platform. It only works on Nvidia cards, but AMD cards are the ones with the best performance. OpenCL works on all GPUs.

What operating systems will the miner support?

Windows and Linux.

How fast is the miner going to be?

It is very difficult to say at this point. Some people have/had a bounty for a CUDA miner that is twice the speed of the CPU miner. I think that's definitely achievable.

Donate 1 BTC or more and get early beta access!

To fund the development of the miner, I would appreciate it if you could donate a sum of BTC, it will motivate me to work harder and faster, and thus you'll be able to enjoy the miner sooner. As an additional bonus, every donator of 1 BTC or more gets early access to the beta version at least a week before the miner is officially released.

Donation address: 1FKfgFQeZCpjGDn7ocgj26nk4K2TNiVJyD

After donating, please PM me the transaction ID, or paste it to this thread, so that I know who has donated.

+1

Any Updates? Smiley
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Where can u find the stats, on DIFF,Block reward  & network hash rate Huh

Not hash rate (really hard to determine for primecoin), but everything else: http://cryptometer.org/primecoin_90_day_charts.html
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
A list of exchanges and their current rates can be found here:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/#jump-xpm-btc

I am working on a primecoin charts and stats page. A zoomable chart of the difficulty since block 1 can be found here:

http://192.241.170.170/

The bottom bar can zoom by moving the sliders on either side.

I plan to add dynamic data loading, so it only grabs data enough to make a chart and not all of it, automatic real time data updating soon, and charts on different aspects.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
There is no network hash rate, block difficulty can be found by going tot eh debug window and typing getdifficulty  Block rewards can be figured by taking 999/dif^2
Activity: 574
Activity: 820
Someone has to be mining with GPUs? Difficulty is going through the roof... It's went from 9.2 to 9.55 in 2 days? At this rate we'll be 10 by friday.. with the block reward @ 9.99. Do you guys think it's GPUs or just XPM gaining traction?
not gpus. The pool is gaining popularity, plus a few people spun up a shit load of VPS's
Activity: 639
AFAIK, BTC-e promises add XPM in near future.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Can XPM be traded anywhere besides Vircurex?

Shamelessly included referral link in the URL  Smiley

MCXNOW and cryptsy, as well as CryptoTrade (or somethin' like that).
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036
Dash Developer
Someone has to be mining with GPUs? Difficulty is going through the roof... It's went from 9.2 to 9.55 in 2 days? At this rate we'll be 10 by friday.. with the block reward @ 9.99. Do you guys think it's GPUs or just XPM gaining traction?
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
Can XPM be traded anywhere besides Vircurex?

Shamelessly included referral link in the URL  Smiley
Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
Is there still time to donate to OP?

^ time for an update from OP  Huh  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Is there still time to donate to OP?
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Don't worry guys, the amount of useless posts in here lately is because the smart guys don't know what they should answer to such useless posts. Think of it like accoustic feedback, it will only get worse until someone steps in.

So BTT:
2x faster or 10x?  Cheesy
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
why are you thread hijacking? Are you proposing to build a GPU miner for XPM.. Sounds like to me you are just begging.

He's not begging or proposing to make a miner, he's just lamely trying to prove the point that has been discussed 100 times about donations masked as payments. Who cares. Boring.

Now can we just stay on topic?
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
No one realizes the point I am trying to prove Sad
You couldn't be more wrong.

I hope so for the sake of the "Investors"

why are you thread hijacking? Are you proposing to build a GPU miner for XPM.. Sounds like to me you are just begging.

-.- nvm
Activity: 675
Merit: 507
Freedom to choose

I have been part of this forum for a couple months now; paying close attention to this thread especially! I have been mining much longer than that.

I simply did not want people to have false ideas about who I am!

Please Donate Smiley

We know who you are, now go troll elsewhere

No one realizes the point I am trying to prove Sad Nice Google-Stalk Though!
legendary
Activity: 1358

I have been part of this forum for a couple months now; paying close attention to this thread especially! I have been mining much longer than that.

I simply did not want people to have false ideas about who I am!

Please Donate Smiley

We know who you are, now go troll elsewhere

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/travis-bleile/61/540/27
Pages:
Jump to: