Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin - page 7. (Read 102789 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 10
You must have me mixed up with somebody else! I am currently at work on the 6th floor at the Apollo Group in Phoenix. My house unfortunately does not have a basement, not many do here in Arizona! Just a little personal information: I am 6 ft 175 Lbs and enjoy working out! Hopefully this info about me will give you more confidence in the person who you are donating too!

Donations appreciated! Thanks Smiley

Just a refresher, Please sent all donations to: 1CafRoU8Samr9f8aMdcq2XSMYxeq2bykCG

You must be new around here.

I have been part of this forum for a couple months now; paying close attention to this thread especially! I have been mining much longer than that.

I simply did not want people to have false ideas about who I am!

Please Donate Smiley
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
ignored. Whew, much better.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
You must have me mixed up with somebody else! I am currently at work on the 6th floor at the Apollo Group in Phoenix. My house unfortunately does not have a basement, not many do here in Arizona! Just a little personal information: I am 6 ft 175 Lbs and enjoy working out! Hopefully this info about me will give you more confidence in the person who you are donating too!

Just a refresher, Please sent all donations to: 1CafRoU8Samr9f8aMdcq2XSMYxeq2bykCG

You must be new around here.
I am officially taking donations of BTC.

Could you all please donate to me out of the kindness of your heart? Remember these are only donations. Therefore, you are not purchasing anything, nor will you receive anything; because that is not what it means to donate!

It seems the people of these forums are quite generous in giving! I was hoping that you all could be so generous as to spread the wealth with me as well!

Thank you for your time, your generosity means the world to me!

Please send all donations to : 1CafRoU8Samr9f8aMdcq2XSMYxeq2bykCG

This discussion has already been beaten to death. Yes it's a risk, he has a good reputation, a few thousand dollars ins't much compared to what professional developers get paid, he will most likely put a lot of time into all the work/maintenance on the miner, etc...

I agree. Please know that donating to me is much less of a risk! I assure you, all of your donations will not be wasted!

Please Donate!

No thx. I'd rather not waste my money so some fat guy in his mom's basement can use it to buy his daily dose of hentai.

Activity: 868
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Could you all please donate to me out of the kindness of your heart? Remember these are only donations. Therefore, you are not purchasing anything, nor will you receive anything; because that is not what it means to donate!

It seems the people of these forums are quite generous in giving! I was hoping that you all could be so generous as to spread the wealth with me as well!

This discussion has already been beaten to death. Yes it's a risk, he has a good reputation, a few thousand dollars ins't much compared to what professional developers get paid, he will most likely put a lot of time into all the work/maintenance on the miner, etc...

I agree. Please know that donating to me is much less of a risk! I assure you, all of your donations will not be wasted!

Please Donate!

No thx. I'd rather not waste my money so some fat guy in his mom's basement can use it to buy his daily dose of hentai.

Please Donate!
Activity: 122

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I'm not saying that it's a scam, I'm saying that it's a payment and not a donation. When you make a donation (say to the EFF: https://supporters.eff.org/donate) you aren't (or shouldn't be) expecting anything directly in return. In this case you are (early access to the miner), thus it's a payment.

But in either case, I'm sure that OP will eventually deliver.

Not sure I agree. You can donate to a software developer and in return he removes an unobtrusive nag screen from your licensed copy. It's called Donationware, and it has legitimate legal recognition as an extension to a software license. You're donating to receive X, but I think the assumption is that you accept the status-quo if you don't receive X. Kickstarter/Indiegogo's "rewards" tiers are an offshoot of this.
Activity: 675
Merit: 507
Freedom to choose
so a gpu miner has been released for XPM but not posted in this thread?

Possibly a hoax with virus?

Think twice before you say something.

Maybe you should do the same before posting worthless comments. :-D

Maybe. Cheesy You should wrote:

so a gpu miner has been released for XPM, but not by mtrlt?

Possibly a hoax with virus?

highly unlikely, if you know of someone else making it why dont you help out the community and post sources?
Activity: 213
Donations ≠ payment

If you sent money to him, you did it out the kindness of your own heart. It's cringeworthy if you expect him to make software for you just so you can get rich, and expect him to work on it 24/7.

That's not quite what is going on here. By donating you are getting early access to the GPU miner, as stated in the OP. Therefore, I would call it a payment. It would be a donation if he open sourced it to everyone at once.

Edit (didn't finish my thought): It would be a donation if he open sourced it to everyone at once and you were sending him BTC for encouragement.

Getting access to the beta is like a gift for your donation as well as having a limited number of people work out any bugs that are present in the software before releasing it into the public.

He stated that donators will get to use the GPU miner before the general public, so unless he decides to release it to everyone at once, then he isn't scamming anyone.

Give him a few more days. I'm sure he'll finish it soon.

I'm not saying that it's a scam, I'm saying that it's a payment and not a donation. When you make a donation (say to the EFF: https://supporters.eff.org/donate) you aren't (or shouldn't be) expecting anything directly in return. In this case you are (early access to the miner), thus it's a payment.

But in either case, I'm sure that OP will eventually deliver.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
Donations ≠ payment

If you sent money to him, you did it out the kindness of your own heart. It's cringeworthy if you expect him to make software for you just so you can get rich, and expect him to work on it 24/7.

That's not quite what is going on here. By donating you are getting early access to the GPU miner, as stated in the OP. Therefore, I would call it a payment. It would be a donation if he open sourced it to everyone at once.

Edit (didn't finish my thought): It would be a donation if he open sourced it to everyone at once and you were sending him BTC for encouragement.

Getting access to the beta is like a gift for your donation as well as having a limited number of people work out any bugs that are present in the software before releasing it into the public.

He stated that donators will get to use the GPU miner before the general public, so unless he decides to release it to everyone at once, then he isn't scamming anyone.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Lets get off the topic of what constitutes a donation or a purchase for now.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone downloaded that "alpha copy" of a miner that has been floating around online? I'm curious about what it actually is since nobody here actually said anything from personal experience as far as I could tell - it seemed like people were just looking at what antivirus programs picked it up as malware on virus total or something like that.

I heard the miner works and is mining at decent speeds (not reaper-like) but it's depositing blocks into some anonymous account.Virus. Don't get.

Ah, thanks. I have a friend with some good video cards but a terrible cpu that was thinking of trying it out just to see if he could get anything with it. I just want to get an idea since I haven't gotten a block on my 3930k since the 25th. Luck tends to be that way anyway... I got one a day for three days and then an orphan - nothing else after that cpu mining. It just worked out that way...

Look at those xpm prices tonight... they went up from .006 this morning to .01 at a peak tonight - back down to .008 now....

On which exchange did XPM hit 0.01?

I'm going to slap myself if I missed out lol

It hit a high on cryptsy at 0.009949.  Close enough...

-tb-
Activity: 75

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone downloaded that "alpha copy" of a miner that has been floating around online? I'm curious about what it actually is since nobody here actually said anything from personal experience as far as I could tell - it seemed like people were just looking at what antivirus programs picked it up as malware on virus total or something like that.

I heard the miner works and is mining at decent speeds (not reaper-like) but it's depositing blocks into some anonymous account.Virus. Don't get.

Ah, thanks. I have a friend with some good video cards but a terrible cpu that was thinking of trying it out just to see if he could get anything with it. I just want to get an idea since I haven't gotten a block on my 3930k since the 25th. Luck tends to be that way anyway... I got one a day for three days and then an orphan - nothing else after that cpu mining. It just worked out that way...

Look at those xpm prices tonight... they went up from .006 this morning to .01 at a peak tonight - back down to .008 now....

It was a spike on Cryptsy. Take a look at the graph there - it's still at .00835 right now though.
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/63

Activity: 182

Donations ≠ payment

legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
duno why the rush, diff is the same for past few days... gpu miner now or in 3 week want change anything at all, just more time for small CPU miners like myself to get more Wink
Pages:
Jump to: