Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin, new thread :) - page 4. (Read 166553 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 250
botnets will just switch to solo mine....

Or they get a bunch of adresses with them and choose them randomly.
legendary
Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024
botnets will just switch to solo mine....
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Incidentally this is posted on the front page of beeeeer
Code:
Botnets are not welcome. Addresses with a large amount of miners connecting from different
IPs may be suspended without prior notice!

What the hell is beeeer?
beeeeer.org is one of the XPM pools.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Code:
Botnets are not welcome. Addresses with a large amount of miners connecting from different

What the hell is beeeer?
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
Code:
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I dont think GPU will be effective in finding primes.

GIMPS which has been established since 1996 is still using CPU to find primes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Internet_Mersenne_Prime_Search

If GPU is more effective than CPU, GIMPS would have adopted it since long ago.

you are not correct

http://mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=12576

in terms of mersenne-primes
Activity: 644
Again, it's a one time cost that would certainly pay for itself in no time flat.

It the wallets not on the computer, you can just generate 10, 100 even 10,000 i addresses, all of which are imported to the master wallet; the client (compromised computer) just need to grab one of those addrese and mine away

SO, if you consiser it a success to increase the 'cost' to the "bad guys" for forcing them to write a one-off subroutine, which will take them minutes to implement, go for it. To me, it doesnt' seem like it would be worth the time or effort.
CAT.EX Exchange
If the botnets assign a different wallet to each bot, this will increase their cost.

Negligible. Either the compromised computers are made to send their wallets private key to the master node, or they send the coins they generate to the master wallet when they arrive. Either will require the operator to spend 3 extra minutes writing code for their software.

It's my guess that botnets don't put a wallet on the compromised computers to reduce profile -- the computers just run the pool miner program and never sees the XPM generated. If one can force a botnet to put wallets on compromised computers one increases the cost of the botnet.
If the botnets assign a different wallet to each bot, this will increase their cost.

Negligible. Either the compromised computers are made to send their wallets private key to the master node, or they send the coins they generate to the master wallet when they arrive. Either will require the operator to spend 3 extra minutes writing code for their software.
Activity: 518
Wish someone would delete this whole post. Waste of cyberspace...LOL....There's probably is a decent working XPM GPU miner out there. More likely there is someone holding it back to make major profits.
ppl if no GPU nor dedicated HW to mine XPM, XPM will become mined only by botnets and ppl abusing servers, and they will own 90% of the coin and network, how can anyone will sane mind say its OK?HuhHuh?

Its Ok for thief and scamers which steal CPU with botnets and for ppl that abuse their job work to steal servers for mining?? no sane person will pay coin to the idiots which get it free!

home user can not fight free power not free hw! so they will qiut

In betting a whole lot of "home users" live at home and don't pay for power anyways. Or they live in dorms and get free power that way.

That said, home users can compete against free power and misappropriated resources much better than they can an ASIC dominated coin.
CAT.EX Exchange
ppl if no GPU nor dedicated HW to mine XPM, XPM will become mined only by botnets and ppl abusing servers, and they will own 90% of the coin and network, how can anyone will sane mind say its OK?HuhHuh?

Techincally it is OK for the XPM network.

Its Ok for thief and scamers which steal CPU with botnets and for ppl that abuse their job work to steal servers for mining?? no sane person will pay coin to the idiots which get it free!

If the comminity thinks that botnets are not OK, because they  usually they use pools rather than solo, maybe you can convince the pools not to accept their shares. I think it is might not very difficult for pool admins to identiyfy botnets -- many different users, workers, and  IPs pointing to the same wallet, getting turned on and off at the same time. If the botnets assign a different wallet to each bot, this will increase their cost.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358
I dont think GPU will be effective in finding primes.

GIMPS which has been established since 1996 is still using CPU to find primes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Internet_Mersenne_Prime_Search

If GPU is more effective than CPU, GIMPS would have adopted it since long ago.
You are correct, but XPM doesn't find primes.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262

Easy, if it's only a CPU coin, the price won't fly.
legendary

i dont think so. GPU will increace diff and the reward will drop. With dropping reward, the PrimeCoin will be rarer and the price should go up.
Multipool wont be a problem becouse the diff change every block.

1 word about botnet - i think that botnet isnt bad, but primecoin could have a bad press becouse of botnet and that could be a problem. Anyway - there must be in the future some HW to mine faster then CPU.

A higher difficulty only makes new coins rarer going forward; if demand is not there for them currently, then making them rarer won't do anything beneficial for the price.

Be thankful that he failed; instead of a reward of 10 XPM per block, you'd be looking at 4 or 5 per block; no one would win in this situation, instead of hoping to grab a bigger slice of the pie (as all the ASIC folks are doing in Bitcoin land), you'd just be making the size of the pie shrink rapidly...
Merit: 250
Don't remind me of that good for nothing scammer mtrlt.  I hope he gets hit by a bus.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
the men who can create a good GPU miner for Prime will be rich

no no , a good GPU miner for prime must to cause XPM price dump.
i dont think so. GPU will increace diff and the reward will drop. With dropping reward, the PrimeCoin will be rarer and the price should go up.
Multipool wont be a problem becouse the diff change every block.

1 word about botnet - i think that botnet isnt bad, but primecoin could have a bad press becouse of botnet and that could be a problem. Anyway - there must be in the future some HW to mine faster then CPU.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
the men who can create a good GPU miner for Prime will be rich

no no , a good GPU miner for prime must to cause XPM price dump.
legendary
I am sorry to say but no GPU miner or some dedicated HW, XPM is dead in future even atm is mostly mined by botnet`s, and ppl abusing their power to steal resource from big servers, soon there will be no point in home mining if diff go to far so CPU use more electric power, only thifes gona profit in in stealing other CPU cycles!
Pages:
Jump to: