Author

Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!] - page 593. (Read 843697 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
The Blockfolio Android app has added Verge's symbol...kinda.

It's the avatar image, but it's something.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 486
Again wallet don't sync problem with Network ?

Network Hashrate: 173.89 GH/s  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1063
Again wallet don't sync problem with Network ?
Activity: 377
Merit: 250
Bitcoin's nightmare scenario has come to pass - The network's capacity to process transactions has maxed out
http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/2/11146584/bitcoin-core-classic-debate-transaction-limit-crisis

Is Verge the currency people will begin to adopt while Bitcoins remain in traffic jams?

as much as im not a huge fan of bitcoin anymore, because of the centralization, regulation, secrecy, etc that is happening, the networks capacity to process transactions is most certainly not maxed out.

blocks are only getting about 3k transactions per block, and thats only sometimes. thats only 2/3 full. they can easily fit over 1k more tx's per block.

but as people start to realize how traceable it is, people will probably adopt coins like verge, who offer a slew of privacy resources.

BTC is still taking a big hit just because The Verge is such a large e-news entity.
Too bad that XVG is not related to that News Outlet - or have I missed that?

LOL

VergeDEV you should reach out to the news outlet and see if they will sponsor us o.O
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
News just out! Bitcoin is faliling. Buy VERGE.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Bitcoin's nightmare scenario has come to pass - The network's capacity to process transactions has maxed out
http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/2/11146584/bitcoin-core-classic-debate-transaction-limit-crisis

Is Verge the currency people will begin to adopt while Bitcoins remain in traffic jams?

as much as im not a huge fan of bitcoin anymore, because of the centralization, regulation, secrecy, etc that is happening, the networks capacity to process transactions is most certainly not maxed out.

blocks are only getting about 3k transactions per block, and thats only sometimes. thats only 2/3 full. they can easily fit over 1k more tx's per block.

but as people start to realize how traceable it is, people will probably adopt coins like verge, who offer a slew of privacy resources.

BTC is still taking a big hit just because The Verge is such a large e-news entity.
Too bad that XVG is not related to that News Outlet - or have I missed that?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Activity: 420
@CryptoOz
We need a proper promo video that tell you why and how verge is better

Then we need a how to video
Activity: 420
@CryptoOz
Verge is a good currency, the real question remains, will the marketplace see privacy as their priority and can Verge overcome some of the other known shortfalls of Bitcoin?

If they don't want their IP hacked or traced then the answer is clear.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
Searching the internet for money...
Verge is a good currency, the real question remains, will the marketplace see privacy as their priority and can Verge overcome some of the other known shortfalls of Bitcoin?

Networks must be robust, dynamic and secure. Bitcoin is becoming outdated, and the marketplace WILL search for alternatives... now is a great time to be involved in crypto-currencies in general. Much more development is needed and thus growth potential is virtually unlimited.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009
$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

Activity: 126
Merit: 11
Searching the internet for money...

legendary

yeah, you can even use one of the intros from the  youtube channel if you like. let me know if you want me to send it to you, or you can send me the one you make and i can insert the verge promo at the front. up to you. sounds awesome Cheesy

I was thinking the exact same thing for the intro but thought I'd get the video done first. I may also get my wife to do the voice over. She has a really nice voice, and I think it would make the video seem more professional and not just some random community member.

In either case, I'll let you look at it before putting it on youtube in case there's anything wrong our you think can be done better.

hell yeah man!  Grin
Activity: 533
Merit: 500

yeah, you can even use one of the intros from the  youtube channel if you like. let me know if you want me to send it to you, or you can send me the one you make and i can insert the verge promo at the front. up to you. sounds awesome Cheesy

I was thinking the exact same thing for the intro but thought I'd get the video done first. I may also get my wife to do the voice over. She has a really nice voice, and I think it would make the video seem more professional and not just some random community member.

In either case, I'll let you look at it before putting it on youtube in case there's anything wrong our you think can be done better.
legendary
sweet, glad you got it sorted. compiling a wallet is much more satisfying than downloading a binary, every time  Smiley

I'm hoping to make a video of how to install a wallet on linux aimed at someone that really knows next to nothing about linux. I plan to install and reinstall to make sure I've worked out any pitfalls and I can make a smooth video.

I figure a good video of how to get it done featuring VERGE isn't a bad way to advertise and it's free.

sweet, glad you got it sorted. compiling a wallet is much more satisfying than downloading a binary, every time  Smiley

I'm hoping to make a video of how to install a wallet on linux aimed at someone that really knows next to nothing about linux. I plan to install and reinstall to make sure I've worked out any pitfalls and I can make a smooth video.

I figure a good video of how to get it done featuring VERGE isn't a bad way to advertise and it's free.
Activity: 532
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
Great movement recently with XVG.  Love the work being done so far, keep it up!
legendary
Do I need to uninstall the current version first?

no you can just tell it which one to use, but id remove it first

OK I got it.

I couldn't get it to work without uninstalling 1.58 first. Not sure why.

I uninstalled 1.58
installed package libboost1.55-dev_1.55.0+dfsg-3ubuntu2_amd64.deb
Got an error that it was missing libboost_program_options.so.1.55.0
So I installed libboost-program-options1.55.0_1.55.0+dfsg-3ubuntu2_amd64.deb
Got an error that it was missing libboost_thread.so.1.55.0
So I installed libboost-thread1.55.0_1.55.0+dfsg-3ubuntu2_amd64.deb

./verge-qt and success. Grin

I'm really not sure why this was such a PITA. Last night I installed the wallet with no problem and it's the same version of ubuntu installed from the same disk. Now that I understand things a little better. I'll dig into that computer tonight and see what is different.
legendary
Do I need to uninstall the current version first?

no you can just tell it which one to use, but id remove it first
Jump to: