Author

Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!] - page 592. (Read 843697 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501
hm.   15k maybe.  looking at the bill stack on my desk.

plus what i just borrowed to cover the biz buy out...
(seperate)

crappy part... i bought some miner setups... and it all bit me in the ass too.

gpu's  at the worst time...  a small asic,  failed failed failed.

so far.   So... im holding for $1.

g
well, it was actually 80k.

Got in over my head, and kept sinking.

Technically, im working my way out, and not that far down anymore... but i hate looking
at the number...lol.... so its still 80k in my head.

Im thinkin its 30k or less now... i hope.

I started a carlot, vending machine biz, advertising... either alone, or with partners...

now i just bought into a storage business. (i sell sheds/garages etc)

it was little money up front>(the owner owed me 70% of it)   

so here's hoping i found something finally.

--oh i owned my own construction company when i was young, and made too much money early... for a kid.
then started looking for other things, when my back started to go.
g
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
@CryptoOz
im holding for that $1 myself.
then i might sell 100k of it.  catch up on some bills  Smiley

then hold the rest for $5, do another 100k...

and then $10 Smiley

g

lol you have a lot of bills.. 100K
im holding for that $1 myself.
then i might sell 100k of it.  catch up on some bills  Smiley

then hold the rest for $5, do another 100k...

and then $10 Smiley

g
legendary
Merit: 1000
just one thing,..we just need to get the big merchant that want to accept verge as the payment methods  Grin

then price will be soar  Grin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I will not sale my XVGblackhole I will waiting in 1$ forever  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 377
I've got an idea while answering someone over twitter. VERGE needs to brand it's untraceable technology all those VC backed coins listed over VC backed shapeshift.io have fancy names for the simple stuff they supposedly do (some have nothing at all on them). VERGE in the other hand is doing some pretty difficult things and name simply "tor nodes" or "i2p nodes" etc. Why not brand it's achievements something like *blackhole technology / *TheXVGblackhole and put some fancy images like the one below and write extensively on how information leave the wallet and simply appear on the other side without leaving any trace whatsoever like no trace at all on users locations wallets IPs etc. People like the hyped side of things so let's hype something that's clearly very advanced but are being let to common names explain.

wow very good idea I like the name XVGblackhole it interesting people in her name , I think chinese will ask what special this coin ?

I will buy more

This is a FANTASTIC idea. We need to come up with a list of catchy buzz words that we can start spewing all over the internet so when people see them they automatically thing "Verge"

I vote we make a list !
Activity: 114
I've got an idea while answering someone over twitter. VERGE needs to brand it's untraceable technology all those VC backed coins listed over VC backed shapeshift.io have fancy names for the simple stuff they supposedly do (some have nothing at all on them). VERGE in the other hand is doing some pretty difficult things and name simply "tor nodes" or "i2p nodes" etc. Why not brand it's achievements something like *blackhole technology / *TheXVGblackhole and put some fancy images like the one below and write extensively on how information leave the wallet and simply appear on the other side without leaving any trace whatsoever like no trace at all on users locations wallets IPs etc. People like the hyped side of things so let's hype something that's clearly very advanced but are being let to common names explain.

wow very good idea I like the name XVGblackhole it interesting people in her name , I think chinese will ask what special this coin ?

I will buy more

buy bro.. hold..
sell at 20sat  Roll Eyes
Activity: 98

I will buy more
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
I've got an idea while answering someone over twitter. VERGE needs to brand it's untraceable technology all those VC backed coins listed over VC backed shapeshift.io have fancy names for the simple stuff they supposedly do (some have nothing at all on them). VERGE in the other hand is doing some pretty difficult things and name simply "tor nodes" or "i2p nodes" etc. Why not brand it's achievements something like *blackhole technology / *TheXVGblackhole and put some fancy images like the one below and write extensively on how information leave the wallet and simply appear on the other side without leaving any trace whatsoever like no trace at all on users locations wallets IPs etc. People like the hyped side of things so let's hype something that's clearly very advanced but let to common names explain.

I like the idea.  Another coin has a catchy blender tech, that's not even out yet.  Eth has all kinds of code word and buzz phrases.  I have a feeling most of it is used to baffle people, but it seems to be working, and if we can back it up with results, we should be golden.   
Activity: 280

oh man...i think my wallet isnt syncing....

Noone is talking about that at all!

Just kidding! lol
 Smiley

Nope!

No sync talk going on here

nope nope.
oh man...i think my wallet isnt syncing....

Noone is talking about that at all!

Just kidding! lol
 Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009
$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!
to sum it up, if your wallet "isn't syncing", it is. if you have peers, it's syncing. the little spinner thing isnt showing up in some wallets for some reason. we'll get to the bottom of it.

you can hover your mouse just under the connections bar and see the progress.
IF YOUR WALLET IS NOT SYNCING ----- READ BELOW

Dev has answered this time and time again.

so here is what's happening with our network lately, and the insane amount of hashpower (600gh/s+, while our network is at 2-10gh/s) (to give you an idea, 600+gh/s is about half of litecoins entire network hashrate)

this ip address, 182.92.183.58
https://www.virustotal.com/en-gb/ip-address/182.92.183.58/information/
http://block.oklink.com/ltc/blocks/182.92.183.58/

this person is coming on the network, and raking in a ton of blocks (almost every drop of work) and then mining the headers, and submitting the blocks when they are done. that is why no transactions get sent during

that time. they arent mining transactions. just block headers.

as you can see from the links above, they have been doing this with Anoncoin, Viacoin, Novacoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin and probably others.

i've talked to some of the devs from other coins, and we're putting our heads together to think of what to do. it's happening to bitcoin at the moment as well.

[bitcoin-dev] We need to fix the block withholding attack

if anyone wants to join in on working on a new branch in the source code, shoot me a pm.

in the mean time, no harm is happening to our network, just every few days, transactions pause for a couple of hours. (it could be worse, alot worse lol)

i'm not sure what bitcoin plans on doing about it.. but ive had a few ideas.. one of them is to definitely not DDOS that ip, because that would be wrong   Wink

Man.. wouldnt it be a shame if someone with a lot of power just doxxed the shit outta that IP.

yeah i'd just absolutely hate to see them get rekt   Cheesy

See earlier post from VergeDev as to where the issue is coming from .

IF YOUR WALLET IS NOT SYNCING ----- READ ABOVE
I was all sync'ed up an hr ago.   not sure why your not syncing.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Why i jump from ethereum to verge?! Huh I could have 20btc now and not 5btc. I hope it will jump back to 0.00000022
Wow... sorry to hear that, but don't worry about the price, it will moving up in the next months

Will you pick an opinion already?
Activity: 420
@CryptoOz
Bitcoin's nightmare scenario has come to pass - The network's capacity to process transactions has maxed out
http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/2/11146584/bitcoin-core-classic-debate-transaction-limit-crisis

Is Verge the currency people will begin to adopt while Bitcoins remain in traffic jams?

as much as im not a huge fan of bitcoin anymore, because of the centralization, regulation, secrecy, etc that is happening, the networks capacity to process transactions is most certainly not maxed out.

blocks are only getting about 3k transactions per block, and thats only sometimes. thats only 2/3 full. they can easily fit over 1k more tx's per block.

but as people start to realize how traceable it is, people will probably adopt coins like verge, who offer a slew of privacy resources.

BTC is still taking a big hit just because The Verge is such a large e-news entity.
Too bad that XVG is not related to that News Outlet - or have I missed that?

LOL

VergeDEV you should reach out to the news outlet and see if they will sponsor us o.O

https://twitter.com/CryptoOz/status/705386059912249347 is that reaching out? RT for some exposure Wink
Activity: 824
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Why i jump from ethereum to verge?! Huh I could have 20btc now and not 5btc. I hope it will jump back to 0.00000022
Wow... sorry to hear that, but don't worry about the price, it will moving up in the next months
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Jump to: