Author

Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!] - page 594. (Read 843697 times)

Activity: 533
Merit: 500
Do I need to uninstall the current version first?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009
$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!
@Dogedarkdev Just wanted to say thanks for all the communication and status updates.
Much appreciated by everyone. Keep up the great work.

that's why i'm here
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
@Dogedarkdev Just wanted to say thanks for all the communication and status updates.
Much appreciated by everyone. Keep up the great work.
legendary
@Dev

I installed the wallet on linux last night without much issue.

Today I'm doing it again and when I execute I'm getting an error about libboost 1.55. I can get more details but I'm not at the computer and was wondering if you knew what I was doing wrong. I installed all the dependencies first. Or at least I thought.

This is what I'm currently getting.

libboost_program_options.so.1.55.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I got two prior to that, but managed to find and install them. I'm using Ubuntu 15.04. Current version of libboost is 1.58.

theres the issue, its looking for boost 1.55.0 and you have 1.58

try sudo apt-get install libboost1.55*

or it's available here http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/b/boost1.55/
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
@Dev

I installed the wallet on linux last night without much issue.

Today I'm doing it again and when I execute I'm getting an error about libboost 1.55. I can get more details but I'm not at the computer and was wondering if you knew what I was doing wrong. I installed all the dependencies first. Or at least I thought.

This is what I'm currently getting.

libboost_program_options.so.1.55.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I got two prior to that, but managed to find and install them. I'm using Ubuntu 15.04. Current version of libboost is 1.58.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 486
so some of our new changes that will be coming up:

-checkblock will now make sure blocks submitted are not too far in the past, or too far in the future
-json rpc work will not be available unless there are at least 3 nodes connected
-new source code, will not allow any previous versions to connect as peers

bump** missed this as I am sure others may have too.

Some very good updates in there!
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Hey dev, just wondering if you could update us on the current status of XVG.    The chain seems to be stuck.   The last block was 9 hours ago.  What caused that, and how can it be resolved?

we are having the same issue as bitcoin. it is a block withholding attack. right now, in all of cryptocurrency, there doesn't appear to be a way to stop it. right now we're working on making sure we have the right ip address from where its coming. if it is the right ip address, we will have to set up a denial of service attack toward that ip to get it off of us. that is the only answer right now.

read about bitcoin having this issue here:

[bitcoin-dev] We need to fix the block withholding attack

the person doing this to us, is doing it to Litecoin, Dogecoin, Anoncoin, Novacoin, and Viacoin. All of us devs are putting our heads together to figure out the best method to prevent it.

Great update dev thanks. I'm sure this is something thats making Verge even stronger  Smiley
Hey guys yesterday i sent an email to livecoin asking if they were adding new coins and here is the repply:

Hello, are you developer or official representative of the coin?

Best regards, LiveCoin.net
---
E-mail: [email protected]
Jabber: [email protected]

On 2016-02-25 02:58,  wrote:
Hello guys i was wondering if you are looking for new coins to add,
if soo check out Verge XVC
It is a more secure, private, and evolving , a ton of developer
resources and privacy tools
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xvg-verge-powmultialgotori2pno-premineico-1365894
http://vergecurrency.com/
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/verge/#markets
You can find the dev here:
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/verge
Please repply, thanks!

If dev and developers want to pick up the slack, here are your contacts!

i wrote them just now, thanks =]

It seems a good exchange it's growing pretty quickly too. Did you hear from them dev?
legendary
this is our correct blockchain: https://www.blockexperts.com/xvg
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
so maybe this is related to the chain problem.. but i can not download the actual chain.. i have now actual nodes, but  only get blocks up to 255561 .. i deleted the whole XVG folder and redownloaded the chain.. that did not help.. so maybe there are some evil nodes who give me a wrong chain? the diff is so low, i can "setgenerate true" and find multiple blocks with a cpu!

interestingly, there are some fees collected on this chain.. so there are probably some transactions ( = some people using it!? )

getinfo
{
    "version" : "v1.2.0.0-beta",
    "protocolversion" : 60017,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 184796.93425900,
    "newmint" : 200007.01196900,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 255562,
    "moneysupply" : 9669524999.99999619,
    "connections" : 10,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "*",
    "difficulty" : 0.00024414,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1456516959,
    "keypoolsize" : 102,
    "paytxfee" : 0.10000000,
    "errors" : ""
}
legendary
Hey dev, just wondering if you could update us on the current status of XVG.    The chain seems to be stuck.   The last block was 9 hours ago.  What caused that, and how can it be resolved?

we are having the same issue as bitcoin. it is a block withholding attack. right now, in all of cryptocurrency, there doesn't appear to be a way to stop it. right now we're working on making sure we have the right ip address from where its coming. if it is the right ip address, we will have to set up a denial of service attack toward that ip to get it off of us. that is the only answer right now.

read about bitcoin having this issue here:

the person doing this to us, is doing it to Litecoin, Dogecoin, Anoncoin, Novacoin, and Viacoin. All of us devs are putting our heads together to figure out the best method to prevent it.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140
Hey dev, just wondering if you could update us on the current status of XVG.    The chain seems to be stuck.   The last block was 9 hours ago.  What caused that, and how can it be resolved?
I think something like this https://www.coinpayments.net/coinhosting could be just as valuable as buying your way onto an exchange.

Block Explorer & Faucet
$975USD
Initial Setup
1 Year Hosting**
Maintenance
Social Media Announcement
Newsletter Mention
$100 Donation to Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)

Requirements:
Listed On CoinPayments

Just a suggestion! They have a couple smaller packages too

we are already on cointopay.com and we already have block explorers and a faucet im almost done with.. i think a larger exchange is a better investment for that kind of money

Dev what about merge mining? Maybe Verge should go that path.
XVG is in my opinion a strong coin, the devs are working hard on it. but the market cap is just $ 420,487 and why are peeps not interrested in this coin?  Undecided

It's getting more and more momentum but losing Cryptsy and getting stuck only with Bittrex centralized the entire market that wasn't ideal. Specially when Verge coins from a bankrupt Cryptsy somehow made it to the Bittrex market and only now has been completely digested by buyers. Clearly Verge is in a growing path it's tech is awesome and definitely a great decentralized coin.
Activity: 457
Merit: 274
XVG is in my opinion a strong coin, the devs are working hard on it. but the market cap is just $ 420,487 and why are peeps not interrested in this coin?  Undecided
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org

Is the block stuck again?
Activity: 377
so here is what's happening with our network lately, and the insane amount of hashpower (600gh/s+, while our network is at 2-10gh/s) (to give you an idea, 600+gh/s is about half of litecoins entire network hashrate)

this ip address, 182.92.183.58
https://www.virustotal.com/en-gb/ip-address/182.92.183.58/information/
http://block.oklink.com/ltc/blocks/182.92.183.58/

this person is coming on the network, and raking in a ton of blocks (almost every drop of work) and then mining the headers, and submitting the blocks when they are done. that is why no transactions get sent during

that time. they arent mining transactions. just block headers.

as you can see from the links above, they have been doing this with Anoncoin, Viacoin, Novacoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin and probably others.

i've talked to some of the devs from other coins, and we're putting our heads together to think of what to do. it's happening to bitcoin at the moment as well.

if anyone wants to join in on working on a new branch in the source code, shoot me a pm.

in the mean time, no harm is happening to our network, just every few days, transactions pause for a couple of hours. (it could be worse, alot worse lol)

i'm not sure what bitcoin plans on doing about it.. but ive had a few ideas.. one of them is to definitely not DDOS that ip, because that would be wrong   Wink

Man.. wouldnt it be a shame if someone with a lot of power just doxxed the shit outta that IP.

yeah i'd just absolutely hate to see them get rekt   Cheesy

See earlier post from VergeDev as to where the issue is coming from .
Activity: 420
@CryptoOz
Where is all the big hashing coming from?

China apparently.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Shift Coin, Phantom/IPFS the new Web 3.0
Where is all the big hashing coming from?
Activity: 420
@CryptoOz
So when it drops back down i can run the Zeus Thunder and get some more coins

You can still keep running the thunder, as your still solving blocks getting a percentage - or multipool to pay out verge Wink
Jump to: