Author

Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!] - page 658. (Read 843579 times)

legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
pfft $600 to pull from github and compile? Do you also charge $600 when a coin adds checkpoints and you have to update the source for that?

"had to do it earlier today" so this is a $1200+ day for you not even including fees or anything else.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org

Hey guys not trying to hijack your thread, but if I put a buy request in here on the bitcointalk currency exchange for say $100 worth of DOGECOIN, the person or exchange I buy it from will be able to send that dogecoin to my new windows verge-wallet I just downloaded with a receive coin address of: DHF7bKpaZaj5y2bPfLp9ZcbKPNjUfHMLsH ?

Just want to make sure I don't need to go find a dogecoin wallet also. Thanks!
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
I'm jumping late in here but I've been talking to the dev and want to sum of what I told him:

We charge for swaps and renames for 2 reasons...

1) its very time intensive to do these renames/swaps.  For better or worse, that is how the system is designed.  Its purposefully difficult to change anything in the system that messes with audit ability.
2) for a while we had people "rescuing" old coins and "rebranding" them for nefarious purpose.  The fee was implemented to slow that down.

We implemented a policy that any renames/swaps would incur a fee. I just had to charge the LIMX folks for the same thing today, and thats after they paid for a spotlight to get listed.

For me to waive anything would be unfair to the other coins that we have forced to do this.  The best i can do is reduce the fee to 1.5 ...  If you choose not to go that route, I'll be happy to close the market and let people withdraw and we will re-evaluate the re-listing of XVG after we close down DOGED.

thanks
richie@bittrex

Can you throw in a spotlight for us after the rebranding is official? Smiley

Yes definitely... should have mentioned that... Doing the same for the rename earlier today as well...

thanks,
richie

OK, then I think that sounds good. 1.5 BTC to renam and a spotlight sounds fair enough. Thanks
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
0.10979979 BTC sent

Address: 1BMC2XamVxqymZauyKi4Scf2FpTyvCMFKZ
TxId: e4324141697d8f117e0625b1fb7c533bd33e1db4ce851cda710ade56163ddb94

www.DonateMedia.org

Do you have any pre-mined VERGE to sell to help raise the 1.5 BTC?

no, the premine was .1 of a percent, and it was rained our first week in irc.. premine has been gone over a year now..

Oh sorry, I'm new to VERGE :-) I wanted to buy $100 USD in BTC worth of VERGE right now so figured I'd ask.

you can always buy doged, and send it to your verge wallet, before the exchange changes names

Ok thanks! Will try to do that now.
Activity: 937
I'm jumping late in here but I've been talking to the dev and want to sum of what I told him:

1) its very time intensive to do these renames/swaps.  For better or worse, that is how the system is designed.  Its purposefully difficult to change anything in the system that messes with audit ability.
2) for a while we had people "rescuing" old coins and "rebranding" them for nefarious purpose.  The fee was implemented to slow that down.

We implemented a policy that any renames/swaps would incur a fee. I just had to charge the LIMX folks for the same thing today, and thats after they paid for a spotlight to get listed.

For me to waive anything would be unfair to the other coins that we have forced to do this.  The best i can do is reduce the fee to 1.5 ...  If you choose not to go that route, I'll be happy to close the market and let people withdraw and we will re-evaluate the re-listing of XVG after we close down DOGED.

thanks
richie@bittrex

Yes definitely... should have mentioned that... Doing the same for the rename earlier today as well...

thanks,
richie
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009
$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

no, the premine was .1 of a percent, and it was rained our first week in irc.. premine has been gone over a year now..

Oh sorry, I'm new to VERGE :-) I wanted to buy $100 USD in BTC worth of VERGE right now so figured I'd ask.

you can always buy doged, and send it to your verge wallet, before the exchange changes names
www.DonateMedia.org

legendary

legendary
ok, im taking up a collection for the name change on bittrex, as it was explained earlier today a coin changed names and paid, and it would be unfair to them.

please donate btc to this address for the rebrand fund (only if you can spare some)

1BMC2XamVxqymZauyKi4Scf2FpTyvCMFKZ

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
i would be willing to make a donation to help

i would make an opening donation of 0.10 BTC

14 more donations of that size and it is sorted  Wink

ill send something too
www.DonateMedia.org

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

thanks
richie@bittrex

legendary

im making an address right now for a rebrand donation fund for this.

Activity: 937

thanks
richie@bittrex

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I am trying to come up with a marketing idea for when the name change officially hits the exchange Bittrex where we have the highest volume.

We should create a contest to win some Verge or a Gift Card. We could all donate some funds to a Dev address. If we could all invest 10$ to 20$, I am sure we could come up with a nice prize.

Any contest idea?

I think that i could do something like this to VERGE : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VFopiRaXwQ
what do u guys think?
legendary
If Bittrex want's BTC for a ticker change, does that mean all exchanges will request the same. Huh

no of course not, most have already responded and said they will make it happen.
If Bittrex want's BTC for a ticker change, does that mean all exchanges will request the same. Huh
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
@CryptoOz
I chatted with Richie on Slack - depends on how long it takes to change ticker, its not the blockchain its the backend. The fee is for backend work 1.5 - 3 BTC.

im discussing it with him right now. i dont have that kind of bitcoin to spend, nor will i pay anyone to do anything.. i already pay a ton just to keep doged/verge networks running and have hosts to build more resources.. maybe since we have 75 bitcoin in buy walls, he can work it out. it'll be in his best interest..

If need be I would be willing to make a small donation towards the fee.

I would be willing as well, but I think it should be waived considering the amount of fees trex will get once DOGED is renamed to XVG
Jump to: