Author

Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!] - page 662. (Read 843579 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 504
I think the big Pump will be starting any day now. Last chance for your cheap VERGE... If you lost money in crypts then buy some now as this will more than make up for your losses. Verge is gonna be huuuuge!!! Buy orders building. Sell orders getting mashed to smithereens.

Champagne in the Fridge everyone Smiley
what about poloniex, any good news?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I smell p&d.
Sorry but will back to 3 sat in a month or so...

I smell coin envy.

Don't worry, man. Most women really don't care about the size of your portfolio. It's what's inside that counts.
Activity: 824
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I smell p&d.
Sorry but will back to 3 sat in a month or so...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
I think the big Pump will be starting any day now. Last chance for your cheap VERGE... If you lost money in crypts then buy some now as this will more than make up for your losses. Verge is gonna be huuuuge!!! Buy orders building. Sell orders getting mashed to smithereens.

Champagne in the Fridge everyone Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 504
Nice job Dev.
legendary
I hope the eventual listing on Chinese exchanges will make the XVG market a little more exciting at night.

Also, did anyone else notice that Bittrex added fiat markets?

are we set to go on any these markets?
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
main.cpp,  CBlock::AcceptBlock() ln2152 https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2152
Code:
   if (IsProofOfWork() && nHeight > CUTOFF_POW_BLOCK)
        return DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : No proof-of-work allowed anymore (height = %d)", nHeight));

if (IsProofOfStake() && nHeight > DISABLE_POS_BLOCK)
        return DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : reject proof-of-stake at height %d", nHeight));
//XVG will be pure PoW until modifier_switch_block
    if (IsProofOfStake() && nHeight < MODIFIER_SWITCH_BLOCK)
return DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : reject proof-of-stake at height %d", nHeight));

main.h
Code:
static const int CUTOFF_POW_BLOCK = 4248000;              // POW end of block 4,248,000
static const int DISABLE_POS_BLOCK = 1;  // DISABLE POS BLOCKS AT START for second reject pos
static const int MODIFIER_SWITCH_BLOCK = 6000000;          // disabled first reject blocks
So currently Verge is pure PoW coin, because PoS block to be accepted should has height both less then 1 and higher then 6mil. And blockchain will stuck at 4,248,000 block(a few years later). Is it desired behaviour?

Yes this behavior is intentional. The underlying systems to implement PoS are in place but disabled. Think of it a having future options at the ready if the need/desire to implement PoS ever occurs.
legendary
This is really going amazingly well. Here we go. Pop corn time Smiley
main.cpp,  CBlock::AcceptBlock() ln2152 https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2152
Code:
   if (IsProofOfWork() && nHeight > CUTOFF_POW_BLOCK)
        return DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : No proof-of-work allowed anymore (height = %d)", nHeight));

if (IsProofOfStake() && nHeight > DISABLE_POS_BLOCK)
//XVG will be pure PoW until modifier_switch_block
    if (IsProofOfStake() && nHeight < MODIFIER_SWITCH_BLOCK)

main.h
Code:
static const int CUTOFF_POW_BLOCK = 4248000;              // POW end of block 4,248,000
static const int DISABLE_POS_BLOCK = 1;  // DISABLE POS BLOCKS AT START for second reject pos
static const int MODIFIER_SWITCH_BLOCK = 6000000;          // disabled first reject blocks
So currently Verge is pure PoW coin, because PoS block to be accepted should has height both less then 1 and higher then 6mil. And blockchain will stuck at 4,248,000 block(a few years later). Is it desired behaviour?

legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
I hope the eventual listing on Chinese exchanges will make the XVG market a little more exciting at night.

I didn't see that yet on Bittrex, will check it out. Bittrex is super slow on confirming XVG/DogeD deposites ... takes over an hour !

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009
$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!
why the name on the exchange still Doged ,not VERGE/XVG

That not the devs fault, the Exchanges have to do that.
i'm sure they will get to it, and as the pools and exchanges update, i will update the links in our OP. some already have begun.

Grin
Activity: 994
Merit: 513

That not the devs fault, the Exchanges have to do that.
legendary
Activity: 1176
10 sat sell wall is almost dead, hopefully for good.
legendary
i just threw some extra hash on the network, by renting a few of the cheapest scrypt rigs on miningrigrentals, should help speed up the chain a bit...

the difficulty has been almost doubling every block, im guessing large multipools are battling on our network trying to get blocks to sell for btc..

more hash the merrier, so i encourage everyone to jump on and mine.. there's a ton of pools, and most have workers mining away on them.

if anyone is interested in renting rigs online, to mine with, check out http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=7036 and use our referral link!
legendary
I want to trade some XVG on Bittrex but I get this message at my depositaddress:

PIC

is Bitrrex out of sync with the doged/xvg blockchain?

edit: I now see the last block is 1+ hour ago
http://darkchain.link/block/000000000000b9bcd10d3e20db896732094a656605cd63aabd86045b2c44505a
Feb 16, 2016 8:18:48 AM

you can still deposit it, its just letting you know the blockchain is moving slow. looks like we had a big multipool hit the network n jump off

OK, thanks for your fast reply
legendary
I want to trade some XVG on Bittrex but I get this message at my depositaddress:

http://darkchain.link/block/000000000000b9bcd10d3e20db896732094a656605cd63aabd86045b2c44505a

you can still deposit it, its just letting you know the blockchain is moving slow. looks like we had a big multipool hit the network n jump off
legendary

legendary
Hi! XVG would like a new coin or still remain as DOGED at the Exchange?

it is the same coin, just rebranded, DOGED is now XVG/VERGE

How long will it be possible to convert to Doged to XVG?

I´d guess always, since you don´t really have to "convert" anything. It´s just a name change

yes, for now, $DOGED and $XVG are the same network/blockchain, and fully compatible with each other.
Jump to: