Author

Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!] - page 659. (Read 843579 times)

Activity: 493
Merit: 518
im kind of confused lol, this is what i got back from bittrex...

Hi,

Coin name changes are easy. Coin ticker changers are not easy and require us to do quite a bit of work on the back end. A coin ticker change will cost 2 BTC which is equivalent to the amount of work that goes in to making this change.

Please respond with how you would like to proceed.

Thank you,

Ryan

That's silly - a name change fee is not a fee listed or contemplated on the "Fees" page (1) OR the most recent "Submitting A Coin" terms-page. (2)  In fact, Bittrex coin launch terms state that their work for launching a coin, whether due to a new launch or a name change, etc., is "free":

At Bittrex, we look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to digital currency technology, or a contribution to science or humanity. Given the demand for currency launches, we limit ourselves to only a handful a week.  Launching is free and at our discretion.  If you'd like to guarantee the launch of your coin and get additional marketing in our platform, we offer the option to spotlight your coin for 3.0 BTC.    
(2)

It should be too late to distinguish one type of coin launch from another. Note: I realize a "coin launch" may not be the same as a "name change" for some folks. Unfortunately, Bittrex's terms do not define a name change or provide any terms related to name changes. They do have some terms on "launches." And, what is a re-brand/namechange if not a re-set of sorts?  Consequently, it seems totally reasonable to treat name changes as a sub-category of coin launches. Likewise, it seems reasonable to expect name changes to be treated as part of the launching process. In future, Bittrex will need to develop terms for maintenance time and service work if they want to charge for it.    

(1) https://stage.bittrex.com/Fees (http://archive.is/DBmME).
(2) https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex-Updated-11-16-15  (http://archive.is/SmSc5).

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
I chatted with Richie on Slack - depends on how long it takes to change ticker, its not the blockchain its the backend. The fee is for backend work 1.5 - 3 BTC.

im discussing it with him right now. i dont have that kind of bitcoin to spend, nor will i pay anyone to do anything.. i already pay a ton just to keep doged/verge networks running and have hosts to build more resources.. maybe since we have 75 bitcoin in buy walls, he can work it out. it'll be in his best interest..

If need be I would be willing to make a small donation towards the fee.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I chatted with Richie on Slack - depends on how long it takes to change ticker, its not the blockchain its the backend. The fee is for backend work 1.5 - 3 BTC.

im discussing it with him right now. i dont have that kind of bitcoin to spend, nor will i pay anyone to do anything.. i already pay a ton just to keep doged/verge networks running and have hosts to build more resources.. maybe since we have 75 bitcoin in buy walls, he can work it out. it'll be in his best interest..

I will leave you two to chat then. I did ask if there was a possibility of waiving the fee.

Should be waived for our 1 year anniversary at Bittrex on 02202016
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009
$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!
don't forget about faucet site to spread the words and built the community grow

like dogecoin did

ill have the new faucet game back up very soon =]
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
@CryptoOz

I will leave you two to chat then. I did ask if there was a possibility of waiving the fee.
legendary

@CryptoOz
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000
So since this is a rebrand from DogeD , is there going to be a coin exchange from DogeD  to verge?  Or is it going to be a simple wallet switch with the new name? Eg. If I buy DogeD now will it 'autoconvert' to verge when new wallet is released?

yeah doged ARE verge, so just a wallet switch is all you need. you can even withdraw doged from the exchange, into your verge wallet =]
Ok sweet Smiley time to go buy up a bag of DogeD Cool wanna get in on Verge from the start of the re-brand at least
@CryptoOz

Hi,

Coin name changes are easy. Coin ticker changers are not easy and require us to do quite a bit of work on the back end. A coin ticker change will cost 2 BTC which is equivalent to the amount of work that goes in to making this change.

Thank you,

Ryan

um wow? wtf
legendary

Hi,

Thank you,

Ryan
legendary
So since this is a rebrand from DogeD , is there going to be a coin exchange from DogeD  to verge?  Or is it going to be a simple wallet switch with the new name? Eg. If I buy DogeD now will it 'autoconvert' to verge when new wallet is released?

yeah doged ARE verge, so just a wallet switch is all you need. you can even withdraw doged from the exchange, into your verge wallet =]
legendary
Activity: 1007
@CryptoOz
For those still questioning why VERGE and it's solutions here is what one of the early Cypherpunks has to say regarding Bitcoin and in essence ALL other coins out there. (mind you they are also investing millions through VC for something VERGE is already doing)

The problem: Bitcoin is not private

The Bitcoin payment network offers a highly decentralized mechanism for creating and transferring electronic cash around the world. Unfortunately, Bitcoin suffers from a major limitation: since transactions are stored in a public ledger (called the “block chain”) it may be possible to trace the history of any given payment — even years after the fact. Worse, since the Bitcoin ledger is public, any party can recover this information and data mine to identify users and patterns in the transactions. In other words: Bitcoin transactions are conducted in public.

The Bitcoin protocol and clients address this in two ways: (1) all Bitcoin transactions are conducted using public keys as identifiers, and these public keys are not linked to individual names. And (2) Bitcoin clients are capable of generating many public keys (“identities”) to help users resist tracking. Unfortunately, a growing body of research indicates that these protections are insufficient. This information may allow data miners to link individual transactions, identify related payments, and otherwise trace the activities of Bitcoin users.

The most common solution to this problem is to use Bitcoin laundries – services that mix together many users’ bitcoins in order to obfuscate the transaction history. Laundries suffer from a number of potential drawbacks, however, as they must be trusted to return coins. Moreover a compromised or malicious laundry offers no anonymity.

All in all #XVG is something 99% think they have with Bitcoin or other coins but 99% doesn't know they don't have. So the potential for #XVG growth inside those who already use crypto-currencies is incredible not to mention those who will still be joining cryptos and later on will know they are completely exposed.

good quote Cheesy
Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
For those still questioning why VERGE and it's solutions here is what one of the early Cypherpunks has to say regarding Bitcoin and in essence ALL other coins out there. (mind you they are also investing millions through VC for something VERGE is already doing)

The problem: Bitcoin is not private

The Bitcoin payment network offers a highly decentralized mechanism for creating and transferring electronic cash around the world. Unfortunately, Bitcoin suffers from a major limitation: since transactions are stored in a public ledger (called the “block chain”) it may be possible to trace the history of any given payment — even years after the fact. Worse, since the Bitcoin ledger is public, any party can recover this information and data mine to identify users and patterns in the transactions. In other words: Bitcoin transactions are conducted in public.

The Bitcoin protocol and clients address this in two ways: (1) all Bitcoin transactions are conducted using public keys as identifiers, and these public keys are not linked to individual names. And (2) Bitcoin clients are capable of generating many public keys (“identities”) to help users resist tracking. Unfortunately, a growing body of research indicates that these protections are insufficient. This information may allow data miners to link individual transactions, identify related payments, and otherwise trace the activities of Bitcoin users.

The most common solution to this problem is to use Bitcoin laundries – services that mix together many users’ bitcoins in order to obfuscate the transaction history. Laundries suffer from a number of potential drawbacks, however, as they must be trusted to return coins. Moreover a compromised or malicious laundry offers no anonymity.

All in all #XVG is something 99% think they have with Bitcoin or other coins but 99% doesn't know they don't have. So the potential for #XVG growth inside those who already use crypto-currencies is incredible not to mention those who will still be joining cryptos and later on will know they are completely exposed.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Would it be or is it already possible to create a wallet that has a mature date or that can't be accessed until a certain block.

This would be another interesting feature if possible and it would also mean that as a community we could give away VERGE to get people interested without worrying they'll immediately dump.

There is a cpu coin that is that now.
Activity: 533
Merit: 500
Would it be or is it already possible to create a wallet that has a mature date or that can't be accessed until a certain block.

This would be another interesting feature if possible and it would also mean that as a community we could give away VERGE to get people interested without worrying they'll immediately dump.
legendary
Activity: 1176
don't forget about faucet site to spread the words and built the community grow

like dogecoin did
Activity: 383
Ok, it's been a while since I've done this.  If any brave souls want to test out the Mac wallet here it is:

EDIT: Link removed

I think I got all the dependencies, but may be missing something.  Let me know if it throws any errors.  As I stated earlier, it was built in Yosemite so it may not work in earlier versions of OS X.

EDIT: Wallet didn't work on dev's Mac...probably missing a dependency.  I'll try to work on it some more when I get a chance.
@CryptoOz
as already said once #XVG sets in in place for Doged in all exchanges and elsewhere we'll start to see some major trends.  we are still in very initial stages Smiley

its just the tip of the iceberg showing Wink

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
as already said once #XVG sets in in place for Doged in all exchanges and elsewhere we'll start to see some major trends.  we are still in very initial stages Smiley
Jump to: