Pages:
Author

Topic: Yes or No? Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters? - page 12. (Read 3951 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148
Just remember yourself when you have never heared  abou cryptocurrencies and everything like that is new, unknown and definetely sounds like a scam. To become an early investor you had to do one of 2 things:
1. Buy some amount of BTC for your own money. Will you spend (waste) at least 50$ now for nothing?
2. Mine some bitcoins slowly killing your PC. And destroing your computer for nothing even now seems pretty unfair.
The guys who took a risk and did it now got their benefit. Everything seems legit.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
I am an early adopter. I may not have been intelligent enough to recognize bitcoin's true value. And so I dumped all of my coins back when one btc was worth $10. I don't feel like I have an unfair advantage over anyone. I'm certain there are many early adopters who thought 1 btc priced @ $50 would be bitcoin's all time high and sold everything they held. There are likely many early adopters who sold all their btc when the price hit $2,500 thinking it would not go higher.

On the surface it may seem as if early adopters have an unfair advantage but the truth is a good portion of btc and crypto's gains have come within the last 16 months and so there has been plenty of opportunity for anyone to do well in crypto if they had only been around near to a year ago. They say the grass always looks greener on the other side of the hill and that could apply to btc where everything seems to favor early adopters in hindsight. But being an early adopter doesn't guarantee someone would hold their coins long enough to reap the rewards some of them are enjoying today.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Yes or No?    Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?
Here we can say yes and no both Because here at one side the people who invested in bitcoin taked the risk of loss in the investment in the bitcoin Because bitcoin was not much famouse and also bitcoin was not legalised at that time in more countries .
But opposite of this we can say that bitcoin is giving profit to the early investors Because after the price of the bitcoin get much high and new investors thought that it is high price and if we will invest then can't make big profit .
But still here we should at this factor that bitcoin is going increasing blindly , but still people are making profit from this thing .
Activity: 518
Merit: 271
No. why is it unfair? because they are early investors and they earned more money than they invested and they are millionaires? dude you should be thanking them because, if they didn't invested in bitcoin maybe satoshi discontinued bitcoin and also becuse of them bitcoin gained popularity over time because of their stories some of us want to be like them so, they invested in bitcoin and it's never too late to be like them we will be like them someday just keep your faith in bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 113
I dont think so. The prices of bitcoin does not vary in the type of holders it has. One maybe new to the business but if they do it seriously they will surely benefit the same as others do. Though i think u mean those who are giving services for pay in bitcoins. Yes in the forum those who are older or higher in rank are being paid higher than the beginners.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
No! Everyone will get what they deserve. Early adopters spent their time, efforts and money when Bitcoin was absolutely nothing and there was no assurance of any returns for the same thus they are the one who should get the maximum reward in my opinion.

Now, I believe that Bitcoin is still in the beta phase and anyone getting involved today is an early adopter and we will definitely get good returns down the road, probably in next 5 years or 10 years from now. I beg to differ with the statement on the topic.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
It is true that the poeple who have used bitcoin from the first get huge benefit from it, but they deserve it because they supported bitcoin from its early ages and gone through a lot to get to this point, they got it fair and square because they were paitent and persestiant, and honsatly you can't someone who have saved all the bitcoin they got from 2010 up until now, besides bitcoin can be benificial for the new users as well you just have to be paitent and smart, when bitcoin was down to 700$ this year the ones that took that opurtunity and bought as much as they can they have 10 times that amount now, all you have to do is wait for the right moment and keep on believing in bitcoin, and that is what matters and that is what got the early users the profit they waited a lot for.
Activity: 182
Merit: 120
No, it's not an unfair benefit. It's just the fruit of their being risk-taker, in fact we should thank the early adopters for it's because of them why bitcoin have been successful nowadays. Years ago who would have thought that the value will blow up as higha s its value today, so its really either skill with intelligence or pure luck.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
Probably yes, its is their prize that they believe in blockchain technology during their time and now they are millionaires but its not too late to adopt since blockchain is in its development stage meaning there are more things can be innovate and that a good thing for us, today's investor of bitcoin because we can also be wealthy using this technology as an asset.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
Yes or No?    Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?
It is called pioneers advantage. But I wouldn't say early adopters have undue advantage over other holders now keying into the Bitcoin. They took the real risk because Bitcoin wasn't attractive back then and there was no fancifu structure of reference for it.  Those of us now keying in aren't taking risk per se because Bitcoin is already popular and enjoys huge patronage. We are just profit conscious.

The same scenario will play itself out in a few years from now with these new altcoins springing up here and there which most people now call scam or shitcoins just like Bitcoin was tagged. Only time will tell.
Activity: 924
Merit: 511
Yes or No?    Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?
No, We can't say bitcoin is unfairly benefitting early adopters. It is their own money and they have right to take benefits from it.
 They had locked their money just like fixed deposit plan years ago, it is their patience that made their money doubled.
Instead of chilling early adopters, learn to maximize your own bitcoins by following their strategy
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
It is not, a big big no, it is not definitely unfair, it is just that those who really adopts bitcoin were blessed because they can have bitcoin so much and buy, that is why the value goes high and continue to grow more, they were benefited more than us now because if we invest now in btc we have to make thousands of dollars to accumulate 1btc only.
Not all of them were even blessed. Most of us could have been able to afford just enough that would have made us extremely rich today. How much was bitcoin even as far back as 2011 that even a beggar could not afford if he or she really believed in it. The thing is that they took the bold step either they had huge funds to spare or not, which obviously, the more the funds, the more the risk, and they are benefitting now. Anyone coming now just have to wait for their time, 2009 - 2017 has not been a small journey.
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
My opinion is that early adopters are rewarded for getting into Bitcoin before it was worth anything. They probably deserve any wealth that they have acquired. Not just with Bitcoin, but in anything that takes time to succeed, those that invest early will most likely receive the greatest reward.

But the rest of us can still make money if we work hard at investing and trading and if we make good decisions along the way. We can also get in early on some good altcoins and maybe we can reap the benefits as well.
It took nearly seven good years to see the profit for People who invested in bitcoin in early year. Realizing the potential in the early stage is either a skill or luck, but that matters when profit making is concerned. Putting money in something which you think will succeed when idea or concept is just realizing is not easy task. Frankly those who invested in very early stage were not even sure about this much return on investment. It is those who realized the potential in later stage that is probably past mt. gox incident, those investors deserve this return on profit. Because after mount gox incident value and credit of bitcoin plummeted from 1100 USD to 250 USD. Those who kept their coins and kept on purchasing were the ones who knew that bitcoin is next big thing.
There are no other coins which has that much good will and ability to bounce back from the fall. At max ethereum or bitcoin cash is showing some promises but no one is near bitcoin. There are less chances of that happening.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
it what context? Early adopters may have piled up large amounts of bitcoin for a far, far lesser price than it is today. Therefore, if they were holding them, they'd have a large amount of money as well and as of now, if you wanted to invest in bitcoin you'd need a little more money and also who knows if the price will jump for 4800% ever again. So i'd say say, they might have the benefit from early adopting bitcoin but not the "unfair" one.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
I sense an air of begrudging from the OP with the use
of the word 'unfairly'. There is nothing unfair about
The early adopters possibly having hundreds or thousands
Of bitcoins, they took the chance and were willing to buy
Into it. I had the chance back in 2010, 2011 but didnt act.

So what would be fair in relation to the op's question?
Activity: 910
Merit: 505
And what if i told you that it's quite possible that the people who are investing in bitcoin today could still be considered an early adopters? If bitcoin becomes widely accepted, the price will go up much higher than today and this might happen in few years.
early investors will get the maximum benefit as they have bitcoin at very low price and maximum of them might got it for free in 2009-10.it also true we will consider as early adopter in upcoming years.but right now early adopter are reaping the benefit of btc supply depend project airdrop.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
And what if i told you that it's quite possible that the people who are investing in bitcoin today could still be considered an early adopters? If bitcoin becomes widely accepted, the price will go up much higher than today and this might happen in few years.
Activity: 854
Merit: 257
Yes bitcoin had greatly benefitted early adopters since currently bitcoin had really gone far in its value. Early adopters had been able to invest with bitcoin with a smaller value than investing today and if we compare the possible mark up it had if not withdrawn, then someone probably had earn millions already. Personally I already know someone who has such accoubt and she even started it not too long ago.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
That's a big NO that I answered on the poll as it was a person's own wish to adopt BTC or not when they first heard about it. There were more people who trashed the whole idea of digital currencies than the ones who intended to adopt to a new system and most of the latters are probably millionaires by now because of their own decisions when the majority were opposing it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I answered No because the treatment or the worth of profit that the early adapters earned are fair for me since they have been there o its early stage which means that they have gambled their fortune for the future. Which we all know is worth it since they have not just doubled their profit but even greater than what they have expected to earn. To sum up, is was not unfair in the first place since they have gambled with their fortune unknowingly how good will bitcoin will turn into.

Well said, they had risk financially and trusted this e currency so they should earn what they have done and we can also see those new comers here in bitcoin benefiting fair enough so I agree that we have equally benefited by this. It's up to someone if he or she has a strategy or a plan to maximize the potential benefits of bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: