Pages:
Author

Topic: Yes or No? Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters? - page 14. (Read 3951 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Now i believe some and not all the early adopters have large numbers of bitcoins because they took risks and invested time and resources in an unproven technology that was hardly used by anyone and that was much harder to secure properly. Many early adopters spent large numbers of bitcoins quite a few times before they became valuable or bought only small amounts and didn't make huge gains. There is no guarantee that the price of a bitcoin will increase or drop. This is very similar to investing in an early startup that can either gain value through its usefulness and popularity, or just never break through. Bitcoin is still in its infancy, and it has been designed with a very long-term view; it is hard to imagine how it could be less biased towards early adopters, and today's users may or may not be the early adopters of tomorrow.
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
Yes or No?    Doesn't Bitcoin unfairly benefit early adopters?
Bitcoin has nothing to do with that. It is the people who invested early who should be credited if they are now benefiting greatly from their investment. They made that right move to hold and/or trade which is why they are earning, not Bitcoin.
It seems to me that people have a strong sense of greed. They envy those who became rich. They don't think about the fact that people could not sleep at night, risked their money and very often lose money. People see the end result. That's why many have this attitude to those who got rich at the expense of bitcoin.
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
It should actually be the opposit. It rewards the brave early adopters who decided to even in fact "throw away" their money for a random new project about some "weird internet money" that no one even expected to go that far. It shows that brave decisions pay off and you shouldn't be greedy when investing in new ideas. There are many new altcoins out there right now. You know that some of them will in few years be really big? They costs now a dollar, while they can go to thousands. I think it's about choosing and supporting a project that for real does something revolutionary.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Why unfairly? They didn't hurt anyone to get their Bitcoins as early adopters. They just enjoyed their chance as pioneers. The opportunity was there, Bitcoin wasn't so interesting on that time, but anyway these people believed its power and received their reward for it as we can see now.
In my opinion that was a very fair deal.
@bling-bling  AND  @misterj, Thats for your deep insights !!!  Very educative !!
Activity: 434
I answered No because the treatment or the worth of profit that the early adapters earned are fair for me since they have been there o its early stage which means that they have gambled their fortune for the future. Which we all know is worth it since they have not just doubled their profit but even greater than what they have expected to earn. To sum up, is was not unfair in the first place since they have gambled with their fortune unknowingly how good will bitcoin will turn into.
Activity: 364
Bitcoin has nothing to do with that. It is the people who invested early who should be credited if they are now benefiting greatly from their investment. They made that right move to hold and/or trade which is why they are earning, not Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: