Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 1% fee solo mining USA/DE 251 blocks solved! - page 474. (Read 1514087 times)

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
A bit more information about the "tube" pool instance which runs on port 3334.

This instance is set up for the asicminer tubes which have a broken stratum implementation working only on certain types of work, hence why there's a special pool instance there. Any hardware can actually work on the tube pool instance - the only reason I haven't made this type of work the default is that the default pool is more suited to being connected via unlimited clients on a ckproxy instance.

I've updated the top post to reflect that the tube pool itself also has stats
http://solo.ckpool.org/tube/pool/
and
http://solo.ckpool.org/tube/users/
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I would REALLY like to understand my miners well to KNOW which one's would be the best to use on this SOLO pool ck formed.  They have been on their there longer than the Elapsed time you see here.  The Elapsed Time changed when I changed pool 2 to ghash.

I thought it was ODD that the "BestShare" on the Miner that was hashing LONGER was a MUCH LOWER VALUE.

I don't even understand "BestShare".  All I know is if it is higher than the difficulty, then I have found a block.
No mining hardware is any better than any other for solo mining. It makes no difference which one you point where.

Best share is a random event but probability based. The higher your hashrate, the higher on average the best share will be, but due to random chance it could be anything. The only reason it's there for you to read is to see how close you have come to solving a block where a best share of better than 34.7 billion is currently a block solve.

The rest of your stats I suggest you do lots of reading in other threads, and the README included in cgminer to understand them.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I dont know if anyone can help, but i have put my 3x Antminer S2 machines pointed at the pool, and they seem to be showing 0 best share, all my Antminer S3 machines are showing fine, but not the S2.

Just wondering if this is normal for the S2, or if its the older firmware thats causing the issue.
Im not familiar with the S2 so I cant be of much help  to you could try a brief run on the testnet to verify functionality i believe

Just tried one of the machines on test net, and it was working as normal, showing best share was fine.

Switched back and it went back to 0

Cant seem to figure out why
Try them on the tube solo pool which is on port 3334. Perhaps you have some old firmware that isn't fully compatible.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
try google . . . sorry to be rude but getting off topic a little. lots of the stuffs are easily found in the forum or google but as for S3, you can disregard the discarded. try the S3 thread under HW i believe.

thank you
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
try google . . . sorry to be rude but getting off topic a little. lots of the stuffs are easily found in the forum or google but as for S3, you can disregard the discarded. try the S3 thread under HW i believe.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Yes, I'm a "Newbie" to this mining thing.  I have ten (10) Bitmain Antminer S3's.  They are S3+ [If that means anything different from a regular S3.].

I would REALLY like to understand my miners well to KNOW which one's would be the best to use on this SOLO pool ck formed.  They have been on their longer than the Elapsed time you see here.  The Elapsed Time changed when I changed pool 2 to ghash.

In Miner Status it shows the following in the two S3's I have pointed at the pool.

[They are divided as such:  Miner 1   /   Miner 2]

Elapsed = 2h 48m 53s  /   3h 18m 17s   [Self Explanatory]

GH/S(5s) = 448.68   /   452.88   [Self Explanatory]

GH/S(avg) = 451.13   /   452.41   [Self Explanatory]

FoundBlocks = 0   /   0   [Self Explanatory]

Getworks = 363   /   423   PLEASE EXPLAIN

Accepted = 2,772   /   3,402   PLEASE EXPLAIN

Rejected = 9   /   13   PLEASE EXPLAIN

HW = 7   /   69   PLEASE EXPLAIN

Utility = 16   /   17   PLEASE EXPLAIN

Discarded = 34,743   /   39,154   PLEASE EXPLAIN

Stale = 0   /   0   PLEASE EXPLAIN

LocalWork = 1,851,057  /   2,180,499   PLEASE EXPLAIN

WU = 6,326   /   6,344   PLEASE EXPLAIN

DiffA = 1,062,349   /   1,270,240   PLEASE EXPLAIN

DiffR = 4,655   /   4,914   PLEASE EXPLAIN

DiffS = 0   /   0   PLEASE EXPLAIN

BestShare = 5,070,932   /   1,584,585   PLEASE EXPLAIN

Any advice would be appreciated!

I thought it was ODD that the "BestShare" on the Miner that was hashing LONGER was a MUCH LOWER VALUE.

I don't even understand "BestShare".  All I know is if it is higher than the difficulty, then I have found a block.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
I dont know if anyone can help, but i have put my 3x Antminer S2 machines pointed at the pool, and they seem to be showing 0 best share, all my Antminer S3 machines are showing fine, but not the S2.

Just wondering if this is normal for the S2, or if its the older firmware thats causing the issue.
Im not familiar with the S2 so I cant be of much help  to you could try a brief run on the testnet to verify functionality i believe

Just tried one of the machines on test net, and it was working as normal, showing best share was fine.

Switched back and it went back to 0

Cant seem to figure out why
Activity: 268
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
found my original block erupter 333 MHs stick and pointed it at your pool.

take THAT!  heheh

and yes I know, no one would be more surprised than I if it ever found a block before the heat death of the universe but I miss mining. and its on my HTPC that is on 24/7 anyway so I think I can afford the additional 2-3 watts and 1% cpu time just to smile when I see the ol' cgminer program in the task bar.

thanks ck!
I went to Coinbase and generated more btc addresses.  Have them in their now per your advice!

Thanks again for looking out for me!!!

you're welcome  Shocked
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
You pretty much have it all good.

You can set each one as:

Pool 1                  stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333
Pool 1 worker       1FAqPBCr19f3tJybRoaeNxih1hsmK9bMEH
Pool 1 password    x

or seperately as (if i read ck's info correctly)

Pool 1 worker       1FAqPBCr19f3tJybRoaeNxih1hsmK9bMEH.1
Pool 1 password    any

Pool 1 worker       1FAqPBCr19f3tJybRoaeNxih1hsmK9bMEH.2
Pool 1 password    any

Pool 1 worker       1FAqPBCr19f3tJybRoaeNxih1hsmK9bMEH.3
Pool 1 password    any

Personally, I have a BFGMiner instance as a proxy that my S1, X1, and U1 are connected to, which then points them to CKPool  Cool

And yes the Found Block column will tell you if you found one, also CK will know if you find one and will usually post it up here.
Also, if you have a few S1's, head on over to the Mining > Software thread and grab something like Spiceminers Antviewer, will come in handy for multiple S1's.

THANK YOU!!!
do not use the .1 .2 .3 etc the only thing you can use is a btc address thats valid period.....if you have multiple machines and want to track simply go to wallet and generate additional addresses to use for different workers

I went to Coinbase and generated more btc addresses.  Have them in their now per your advice!

Thanks again for looking out for me!!!

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

You can set each one as:

Pool 1 password    x

Pool 1 password    any

Pool 1 password    any

Pool 1 password    any

Personally, I have a BFGMiner instance as a proxy that my S1, X1, and U1 are connected to, which then points them to CKPool  Cool

And yes the Found Block column will tell you if you found one, also CK will know if you find one and will usually post it up here.
Also, if you have a few S1's, head on over to the Mining > Software thread and grab something like Spiceminers Antviewer, will come in handy for multiple S1's.

THANK YOU!!!
do not use the .1 .2 .3 etc the only thing you can use is a btc address thats valid period.....if you have multiple machines and want to track simply go to wallet and generate additional addresses to use for different workers
In Addition Found Block will work as well as best share if your best share is a higher number then current difficulty you have found a block Undecided

You can set each one as:

Pool 1 password    x

Pool 1 password    any

Pool 1 password    any

Pool 1 password    any

THANK YOU!!!
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

You can set each one as:

Pool 1 password    x

Pool 1 password    any

Pool 1 password    any

Pool 1 password    any

THANK YOU!!!
Just wondering, Im pointing all my machines at the pool, But all my S2 machines are hashing as normal, but reporting 0 as shares, all my other systems report shares as normal, but my S2 machines are stuck on 0 shares.

Just wondering if this is an s2 firmware issue.
Activity: 152
Merit: 100

You can set each one as:

Pool 1 password    x

Pool 1 password    any

Pool 1 password    any

Pool 1 password    any

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I believe I have it done right now.

I have two (2) S3's on there for now.  I will add at least one (1) S3 on their each month more than likely.

Thanks again very much.

I have nothing but Mac's at the house.  I've used Mac's since 2000.  I do have Parallel's to use Visio and QuickBooks on Windows 7 but that's about all I use Windows for.  I APPRECIATE NOT HAVING TO INVEST TIME TO LEARN HOW TO USE CGMINER OR BFGMINER, lines of code, etc...

THANKS AGAIN VERY MUCH!!!

Again, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF LOOKING IN "MINER STATUS" IN THE "FOUND BLOCK" COLUMN IS SUFFICIENT TO KNOW IF I HAVE FOUND A BLOCK?

I'M ASSUMING YOU WOULD KNOW AS WELL IF I FOUND ONE?

David
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Well, I tried what I assumed was right and it appears to be hashing on your pool.  My S3 says it is "Alive."  I also see your pool address and my worker (BTCaddress).

Is it sufficient to pay attention to "Found Blocks" in "Miner Status" of my S3's to know if I have found a block?
Jump to: