Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 1% fee solo mining USA/DE 251 blocks solved! - page 473. (Read 1514087 times)

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
Done.

Enter your workername at the end of: http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/ or http://solo.ckpool.org/tube/workers/

Remember that if you have multiple connections going to the same workername the statistics will be the combined total for that workername.

Nice!

Thank you
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Done.

Enter your workername at the end of: http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/ or http://solo.ckpool.org/tube/workers/

Remember that if you have multiple connections going to the same workername the statistics will be the combined total for that workername.
Activity: 537
Merit: 524
I don't have a problem with it. Not like the stats are important for pool payouts or anything.
Activity: 471
Merit: 250
Is there anyway we can see stats per worker?
I have a way of enabling that with a code change but it would require a pool restart. As I said before you wouldn't notice anything at your miners apart from the stats resetting. Do people want that for the sake of per worker stats?

Well ckolivas I'm up for it ... anyone else?

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I have a way of enabling that with a code change but it would require a pool restart. As I said before you wouldn't notice anything at your miners apart from the stats resetting. Do people want that for the sake of per worker stats?
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself

You can use a different Bitcoin address for each one.
Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Just as an aside, the testnet pool has solved 27 blocks to date. I'm hoping the one miner on there means to still be mining testnet coins.

priceless .  How much hash power is he or she using?
I'm quite sure it's intentional since the username has to be a testnet bitcoin address. They're mining with approximately 107GH. (Now up to 36 blocks and 900 BTC).

I have around 800gh pointed to you. Monday i will go to 1.3th. tues  1.8th
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Just as an aside, the testnet pool has solved 27 blocks to date. I'm hoping the one miner on there means to still be mining testnet coins.

I'm quite sure it's intentional since the username has to be a testnet bitcoin address. They're mining with approximately 107GH. (Now up to 36 blocks and 900 BTC).
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
I dont know if anyone can help, but i have put my 3x Antminer S2 machines pointed at the pool, and they seem to be showing 0 best share, all my Antminer S3 machines are showing fine, but not the S2.

Just wondering if this is normal for the S2, or if its the older firmware thats causing the issue.
Im not familiar with the S2 so I cant be of much help  to you could try a brief run on the testnet to verify functionality i believe

Just tried one of the machines on test net, and it was working as normal, showing best share was fine.

Switched back and it went back to 0

Cant seem to figure out why
Try them on the tube solo pool which is on port 3334. Perhaps you have some old firmware that isn't fully compatible.

They have now been running for 24 hours, and the issue seems to have resloved itself, But thank you for the advice. Just hoping for some good luck now  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Does anyone do much "Load Balance" in the "Miner Configuration" with 3 pools at the same time with their S3?

Just wanted someone's experience with that before I tried it.

I did it with two miners for approximately 2 minutes.  I saw my estimated reward go up on Slush BUT my shares contributed to current round was -5816015570 [A negative number).  Don't know WHY it was negative?  So, I took it off of "Load Balance" and put it back to "Failover" in both of those miners.

I did notice my hash rate go down on ghash during that 2 minutes.  So, I switched it back to "Failover."

Anyone ever done this?
Load balance takes hours to even out, and because different pools end up running at different diff values, it may not look like they're balanced but will end up being so.

Thanks Again!
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Does anyone do much "Load Balance" in the "Miner Configuration" with 3 pools at the same time with their S3?

I did it with two miners for approximately 2 minutes.  I saw my estimated reward go up on Slush BUT my shares contributed to current round was -5816015570 [A negative number).  Don't know WHY it was negative?  So, I took it off of "Load Balance" and put it back to "Failover" in both of those miners.

I did notice my hash rate go down on ghash during that 2 minutes.  So, I switched it back to "Failover."

Anyone ever done this?
Load balance takes hours to even out, and because different pools end up running at different diff values, it may not look like they're balanced but will end up being so.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Anyone ever done this?

David
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
I restarted the testnet pool to allow for longer testnet bitcoin addresses which would have been inappropriately rejected by it. Since restarts are seamless, the only thing the (one) miner on there would notice is the stats have started at zero again. There is no need to restart the main solo pool at this stage since all ckpool code changes since it was started will have no demonstrable benefit to miners and I'm sure they'd prefer their stats to remain untouched.

I am getting some more s-3's I will point 1.8th or 2.8th at your pool.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I restarted the testnet pool to allow for longer testnet bitcoin addresses which would have been inappropriately rejected by it. Since restarts are seamless, the only thing the (one) miner on there would notice is the stats have started at zero again. There is no need to restart the main solo pool at this stage since all ckpool code changes since it was started will have no demonstrable benefit to miners and I'm sure they'd prefer their stats to remain untouched.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

The reason I made mention of RAID 0 is for the sake of cgminer.  Does cgminer [In a sense] put all my miners in RAID 0 [You might say] to allow for more chance of a higher "Best Share" score BECAUSE OF a better COMBINED hash rate.  At present, it's as if the miners are both solo on solo [One might say].  Will cgminer COMBINE THE MINERS in something like a RAID 0 to increase chances?  Or will it remain like you said regardless, "BestShare is a random event."  You did have a "but" in that sentence, when you said, "...but probability based."  

IF cgminer COMBINES my miners in something like a RAID 0 to make them like ONE PIECE OF HARDWARE, that would increase hash rate and no longer be solo miners on a solo pool.  That's what I meant earlier when I said, "solo on solo."  It may be it makes no difference what so ever whether they are combined as if they were one piece of equipment or not?  Not sure...

David

there is no advantage to running hardware in separate instances as opposed to combining them.

IE two miner instances, running separately on individual 1 TH hardware will have the same chance as 1 miner instance that combines the 2 one TH units.

IOW 2 TH is 2 TH whether its several instances or one instance. the odds are the same either way.

Thank you!!!
legendary
Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

The reason I made mention of RAID 0 is for the sake of cgminer.  Does cgminer [In a sense] put all my miners in RAID 0 [You might say] to allow for more chance of a higher "Best Share" score BECAUSE OF a better COMBINED hash rate.  At present, it's as if the miners are both solo on solo [One might say].  Will cgminer COMBINE THE MINERS in something like a RAID 0 to increase chances?  Or will it remain like you said regardless, "BestShare is a random event."  You did have a "but" in that sentence, when you said, "...but probability based." 

IF cgminer COMBINES my miners in something like a RAID 0 to make them like ONE PIECE OF HARDWARE, that would increase hash rate and no longer be solo miners on a solo pool.  That's what I meant earlier when I said, "solo on solo."  It may be it makes no difference what so ever whether they are combined as if they were one piece of equipment or not?  Not sure...

David

there is no advantage to running hardware in separate instances as opposed to combining them.

IE two miner instances, running separately on individual 1 TH hardware will have the same chance as 1 miner instance that combines the 2 one TH units.

IOW 2 TH is 2 TH whether its several instances or one instance. the odds are the same either way.

EDIT: con already replied I see. asleep at the switch as usual I am..
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I'll read the READ ME in cgminer even though I'm not using it or bfgminer.  I have a Mac.  I downloaded cgminer in Windows 7 via Parallel's.  That's where I have the read me.  I haven't installed it because I don't know anything about commands and things to enter into it.  I would be totally lost because of my ignorance.  I was looking for a place to solo mine without cgminer.

IF cgminer COMBINES my miners in something like a RAID 0 to make them like ONE PIECE OF HARDWARE, that would increase hash rate and no longer be solo miners on a solo pool.  That's what I meant earlier when I said, "solo on solo."  It may be it makes no difference what so ever whether they are combined as if they were one piece of equipment or not?  Not sure...
The S3 internally uses cgminer (which I wrote by the way) so whether you know it or not you are using it. There is no way to combine miners to make them more efficient or more hashrate or luckier or anything. It makes no difference.

Thanks again...

Please forgive my ignorance.

I'll start reading...
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
I'll read the READ ME in cgminer even though I'm not using it or bfgminer.  I have a Mac.  I downloaded cgminer in Windows 7 via Parallel's.  That's where I have the read me.  I haven't installed it because I don't know anything about commands and things to enter into it.  I would be totally lost because of my ignorance.  I was looking for a place to solo mine without cgminer.

The S3 internally uses cgminer (which I wrote by the way) so whether you know it or not you are using it. There is no way to combine miners to make them more efficient or more hashrate or luckier or anything. It makes no difference.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I would REALLY like to understand my miners well to KNOW which one's would be the best to use on this SOLO pool ck formed.  They have been on their there longer than the Elapsed time you see here.  The Elapsed Time changed when I changed pool 2 to ghash.

I thought it was ODD that the "BestShare" on the Miner that was hashing LONGER was a MUCH LOWER VALUE.

I don't even understand "BestShare".  All I know is if it is higher than the difficulty, then I have found a block.
No mining hardware is any better than any other for solo mining. It makes no difference which one you point where.

Best share is a random event but probability based. The higher your hashrate, the higher on average the best share will be, but due to random chance it could be anything. The only reason it's there for you to read is to see how close you have come to solving a block where a best share of better than 34.7 billion is currently a block solve.

The rest of your stats I suggest you do lots of reading in other threads, and the README included in cgminer to understand them.

OKAY,  THANKS for explaining the "BestShare" to me!!!

Would I have an advantage with cgminer?

The reason I ask [I was just thinking...  uh oh...  LOL]:

I have two (2) OWC 480GB SSD's in RAID 0 installed in my 17" MacBook Pro; for a total of 960GB; and 16GB of RAM.

The reason I made mention of RAID 0 is for the sake of cgminer.  Does cgminer [In a sense] put all my miners in RAID 0 [You might say] to allow for more chance of a higher "Best Share" score BECAUSE OF a better COMBINED hash rate.  At present, it's as if the miners are both solo on solo [One might say].  Will cgminer COMBINE THE MINERS in something like a RAID 0 to increase chances?  Or will it remain like you said regardless, "BestShare is a random event."  You did have a "but" in that sentence, when you said, "...but probability based."  

David
Jump to: