Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 256 blocks solved! - page 130. (Read 87627 times)

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
@merdock69
You can't meaningfully mine btc with a pc.....
Not even in solo, your chances are way too small.
Read this info: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-mining-intro-rules-of-this-subforum-read-before-posting-2415854
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Thanks, I'm actually using m-cpuminer, so I'll see what the switches are for that CLI to achieve the same result. Thanks!

I've had an ultra low power lottery miner running for several days now on ck pool. However, I  get page not found when trying to get worker info on it. Does that mean the miner is not actually doing any work? Its receiving work from the pool, and submitting shares, but I  just can't get any pool side stats to confirm.
Is your best share below 10k which is the start diff for this pool? If so, then you haven't really submitted an 'eligible' share yet and the pool can't calculate your stats.

Two ways you can fix this:
1) just let it run until it submits a share >10k. After a while the pool will see that you're a low hashrate miner and will automatically adjust the diff down for submitting shares. Just takes time.
2) use the suggest-diff argument like in this example for a gekko 2pac (25 GHz):
Code:
./cgminer -c cgminer.conf --gekko-2pac-freq 100 --suggest-diff 7

It lowers the starting diff and you should see your stats almost immediately because you tell the pool to lower the starting diff for submitting shares.

All the above is from memory so could be wrong but that was the problem for low hashrate miners in the past afaik.
Activity: 537
Merit: 524
I've had an ultra low power lottery miner running for several days now on ck pool. However, I  get page not found when trying to get worker info on it. Does that mean the miner is not actually doing any work? Its receiving work from the pool, and submitting shares, but I  just can't get any pool side stats to confirm.
Is your best share below 10k which is the start diff for this pool? If so, then you haven't really submitted an 'eligible' share yet and the pool can't calculate your stats.

Two ways you can fix this:
1) just let it run until it submits a share >10k. After a while the pool will see that you're a low hashrate miner and will automatically adjust the diff down for submitting shares. Just takes time.
2) use the suggest-diff argument like in this example for a gekko 2pac (25 GHz):
Code:
./cgminer -c cgminer.conf --gekko-2pac-freq 100 --suggest-diff 7

It lowers the starting diff and you should see your stats almost immediately because you tell the pool to lower the starting diff for submitting shares.

All the above is from memory so could be wrong but that was the problem for low hashrate miners in the past afaik.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I've had an ultra low power lottery miner running for several days now on ck pool. However, I  get page not found when trying to get worker info on it. Does that mean the miner is not actually doing any work? Its receiving work from the pool, and submitting shares, but I  just can't get any pool side stats to confirm.
legendary
Activity: 2405
Merit: 1459
-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-
it's over, and no candy.

But the next run is on his way, with less power but hopefully with more luck.

legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701
'The right to privacy matters'
they got an 11.7 t about ½ there so far.
Activity: 438
Merit: 15
our 500 phs rental is started, cross the fingern ...

Live View Link:
https://solo.ckpool.org/users/bc1quf043cvgmwxmpcy5prvh3n249krvvsn8ya8nph

{
 "hashrate1m": "515P",
 "hashrate5m": "490P",
 "hashrate1hr": "205P",
 "hashrate1d": "11.2P",
 "hashrate7d": "1.61P",
 "lastshare": 1640539836,
 "workers": 513,
 "shares": 227849869780,
 "bestshare": 4112566170855.118,
 "bestever": 4112566170855,
 "worker": [
  {
   "workername": "bc1quf043cvgmwxmpcy5prvh3n249krvvsn8ya8nph",
   "bestever": 4112566170855
  }
 ]
}

Bitcoin Difficulty:

Besthare:

Pool Status:
Code:

{"runtime": 48020416, "lastupdate": 1640539836, "Users": 1959, "Workers": 12269, "Idle": 472, "Disconnected": 262}
{"hashrate1m": "533P", "hashrate5m": "509P", "hashrate15m": "445P", "hashrate1hr": "224P", "hashrate6hr": "62.2P", "hashrate1d": "29.7P", "hashrate7d": "21.1P"}
{"diff": 42.0, "accepted": 10193187056172, "rejected": 14067170512, "bestshare": 6329262567756, "SPS1m": 304.0, "SPS5m": 299.0, "SPS15m": 284.0, "SPS1h": 229.0}

Dang Willi,
I would have been in on this one if i knew it was happening Sad
Good luck boys!
legendary
Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
This one? ...

https://laurentiapool.org/

If so - this is what I get when going to the site ...

---

Opening Cadence

Laurentia Pool operates a locked server and will open mining when committed hashrate offers an average of a blockfind every five days or sooner. Please visit our commitment page, or telegram group to be added to our roster of miners. #mineon

---

So it is either the wrong Site I have searched or it is the Correct Site and an Ample amount of HashRate is required to open it up - as you have suggested.

EitherWay - there is ALWAYS a reason I ask these Questions and ALWAYS a reason why do what I do - especially opening a seemingly 'non-eventful non-viable' Pool System.

I know what is coming - I just don't release it to the Public!

400PH? OK!

#crysx #cwi
Yes that's the one. They never picked up enough miners by my criteria for opening so I  told them to shut it down, but they wanted to hold onto it (in case they did?) so I'm still remotely involved.

OK ...

So how do we at CWI get our hands on it?

Or is this the Partnership between 'You and Them' only?

#crysx #cwi
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1622
Ruu \o/
This one? ...

---

Opening Cadence

Laurentia Pool operates a locked server and will open mining when committed hashrate offers an average of a blockfind every five days or sooner. Please visit our commitment page, or telegram group to be added to our roster of miners. #mineon

---

So it is either the wrong Site I have searched or it is the Correct Site and an Ample amount of HashRate is required to open it up - as you have suggested.

EitherWay - there is ALWAYS a reason I ask these Questions and ALWAYS a reason why do what I do - especially opening a seemingly 'non-eventful non-viable' Pool System.

400PH? OK!

#crysx #cwi
Yes that's the one. They never picked up enough miners by my criteria for opening so I  told them to shut it down, but they wanted to hold onto it (in case they did?) so I'm still remotely involved.
legendary
Hmmm ...

Thanks for the details mate!

So you think I am Wrong when I mentioned it can't Hurt to try? Well - that is where you and I differ in a chasm of disagreement. You would rather not see people Pleading for Hashers and shutdown any potential of it happening at al, whereas I agree with the pain that attracting hashers will be inevtiable, but I would rather have the option there and open for Miners to at least have open, regardless of it being used or not.

When it is shutdown, there are no choices for anyone, excep tthe ones that are open.

I would like to see how this goes in 2022, no matter what Pool is used to be honest. I am interested in yours so we may give it a go next year.

Options Con, I seriously believe that is what is lacking in this field and I for one will back 'options' than have to deal with having less and less options (and only the ones we see currently). Besides, you Code well and it would be a pity to see good software just shelved Smiley

We have the resources/infrastructure - so now we need the pool. Want to do a Joint Effort here?

Thanks Again!

#crysx #cwi
If you really wanted to bring it back to life, laurentia is still up and running, it just needs hashers... At current network hashrate there's no much point running a pool with less than about 400PH.

This one? ...

---

Opening Cadence

---

400PH? OK!

#crysx #cwi
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Hmmm ...

So you think I am Wrong when I mentioned it can't Hurt to try? Well - that is where you and I differ in a chasm of disagreement. You would rather not see people Pleading for Hashers and shutdown any potential of it happening at al, whereas I agree with the pain that attracting hashers will be inevtiable, but I would rather have the option there and open for Miners to at least have open, regardless of it being used or not.

When it is shutdown, there are no choices for anyone, excep tthe ones that are open.

I would like to see how this goes in 2022, no matter what Pool is used to be honest. I am interested in yours so we may give it a go next year.

Options Con, I seriously believe that is what is lacking in this field and I for one will back 'options' than have to deal with having less and less options (and only the ones we see currently). Besides, you Code well and it would be a pity to see good software just shelved Smiley

We have the resources/infrastructure - so now we need the pool. Want to do a Joint Effort here?

Thanks Again!

#crysx #cwi
If you really wanted to bring it back to life, laurentia is still up and running, it just needs hashers... At current network hashrate there's no much point running a pool with less than about 400PH.
legendary
Con ...

Was this the OpenSource Code that was releaesed a while back from you? Or a different one altogether?

I am more than happy to set aside a VPS in our CWI InfraStructure and run it until such time it doesn't. If it is easy to setup the Pool, it can be done reasonably quickly and I can allocate the resources this week to do so.

It is a sad thing to see such good SoftWare run and not be utilized readily, but the longevity of such a Pool should remain, even if the cost of the resources are continual - costs which we are willing to bear at CWI if this SoftWare will see life again.

Let's see how it goes - Can't hurt to try can it? I don't think there would be a need to rebadge the SoftWare in any way - maybe just state that it is 'Powered By ChainWorks Industries' as a Label of some sort.

Just show me the Git and we can see when we can start it this week.

#crysx
This is a forked version of that open source code, yes. The git is listed on that thread, but there it is again:
https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool-splns/src/splns/

Can't hurt to try? WRONG! It hurts to watch a pool flagging and listening to users desperately pleading for hashers.

Hmmm ...

Thanks Again!

#crysx #cwi
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
It seems 500PH doesn't even scratch the surface of the pool's resources as things are humming along smoothly.
Code:
00:02:46 up 592 days, 42 min,  6 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.27, 0.23
Good luck guys.
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701
'The right to privacy matters'
you got a 4 t

you need a 24.3t i think

today would have been  my grandmother’s 121st birthday 🎂

maybe she will pull a few strings for you to hit 2 blocks.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
our 500 phs rental is started, cross the fingern ...

Live View Link:
https://solo.ckpool.org/users/bc1quf043cvgmwxmpcy5prvh3n249krvvsn8ya8nph

{
 "workers": 513,
 "bestever": 4112566170855,
 "worker": [
  {
   "workername": "bc1quf043cvgmwxmpcy5prvh3n249krvvsn8ya8nph",
   "bestever": 4112566170855
  }
 ]
}

Bitcoin Difficulty:

Besthare:

Pool Status:
Code:

{"runtime": 48020416, "lastupdate": 1640539836, "Users": 1959, "Workers": 12269, "Idle": 472, "Disconnected": 262}
{"hashrate1m": "533P", "hashrate5m": "509P", "hashrate15m": "445P", "hashrate1hr": "224P", "hashrate6hr": "62.2P", "hashrate1d": "29.7P", "hashrate7d": "21.1P"}
{"diff": 42.0, "accepted": 10193187056172, "rejected": 14067170512, "bestshare": 6329262567756, "SPS1m": 304.0, "SPS5m": 299.0, "SPS15m": 284.0, "SPS1h": 229.0}

Activity: 34
Merit: 15
As others mentioned above, you still will struggle to get people interested as you are a new user.

Even with Willi managing the mining address, you are still in control of the original funds that would be used to pay for the rentals.

And if there is that much interest where a 2nd group is needed, I'm sure willi can run it and monitor it alongside the main group it has no restrictions where he can't run multiple groups.

I'm not saying that you are a fraud or insulting you, but a new account with such determination to run another group does smell very fishy and I probably am not the only one to think so.

Anyways good luck, if others are willing to risk I guess you will manage to form a group.. time will tell

Activity: 82
Merit: 3
If you are looking for an alternative while demand is high, please check this out:

Bitcoin Block Party || Group Run A --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-block-party-group-run-a-5378355

I messaged Willi before starting this.  He is not opposed to someone running another Block Party, but please be clear: this is not sponsored by Willi.

CK, if you don't want me to post this here, please delete with my apologies.

Nothing against you kaulfuss, but you are  a relativ new user to this forum and it seem's that you are just get registered for joining willis group buys.
So I have to point out that for any user, who now wants to join kaulfuss group buy, will be at high risk of loosing the btc eigther on a "new" user or bad luck in the run itself.
I would recomend any of you to use a "well known" user doing group buys, where the trust is a bit higher and it is unlikly to loose your btc before the run even starts.

No worries.  I understand.  Yes, there is always risk involved with a group buy.  I'm not sure if there is a way to check on this information, but I was a registed user before but had to reregister since I hadn't posted before.  Again, though, I do understand the caution.

If you are looking for an alternative while demand is high, please check this out:

Bitcoin Block Party || Group Run A --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-block-party-group-run-a-5378355

I messaged Willi before starting this.  He is not opposed to someone running another Block Party, but please be clear: this is not sponsored by Willi.

Nothing against you kaulfuss, but you are  a relativ new user to this forum and it seem's that you are just get registered for joining willis group buys.
So I have to point out that for any user, who now wants to join kaulfuss group buy, will be at high risk of loosing the btc eigther on a "new" user or bad luck in the run itself.
I would recomend any of you to use a "well known" user doing group buys, where the trust is a bit higher and it is unlikly to loose your btc before the run even starts.

No worries.  I understand.  Yes, there is always risk involved with a group buy.  I'm not sure if there is a way to check on this information, but I was a registed user before but had to reregister since I hadn't posted before.  Again, though, I do understand the caution.

UPDATE:
Since this is an early run, and I am a fairly new user, Willi has volunteered to provide a mining address.  The Group Run Wallet Address above will not change, but if we hit a block, the reward will go to Willi's address.  This way an established user can oversee that portion.  Just a reminder, though, this is a risky endeavor, and we may not hit a block.  Thanks, Willi.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
REMINDER:

According to the problems of the user banche_plus, I did setup a passthrough to solo.ckpool.org
on my server, located in germany, and if someone got problems of connecting to the pool from
his country, he can try this:
stratum+tcp://rfpool.org:3334
Your setup is like at solo.ckpool only the URL has to change to the passthrough.
This get relayed to solo.ckpool.org:3333 and you can check your data on solo like normal.

Maintanace coming soon:
on 27.12.2021 18:00 UTC I will upgrade the server to a the actual debian.
All miner on the paththrough are advised to have a failover configured, so no loss in shares ocure for them.
As I don't know how long it will take in the end to setup all new options I had planed, a minimum of ~2-3 hours downtime has to be expected.
If something went wrong, or there is a delay, I will post it in this thread if needet.

Mine on
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
My Nicehash account is currently restricted because I have 2FA enabled. The block parties are scheduled back in 24-72 hours.

--> https://www.nicehash.com/support/general-help/security/account-security-limits-and-restrictions

Update:

Feedback from Nicehash

Support Team
2021-12-24 08:56

Hello!
For security reasons every change to security options, even admin disabled 2FA code results in a 72 hours lock by default.
This security measure is implemented to protect your crypto assets when someone obtains access to your email account or computer.
https://www.nicehash.com/support/general-help/security/account-security-limits-and-restrictions

Your account will be unlocked: 2021-12-26 08:06 CET

Let us know if you need anything else.

Kind regards,
NiceHash Team
legendary

I messaged Willi before starting this.  He is not opposed to someone running another Block Party, but please be clear: this is not sponsored by Willi.

Nothing against you kaulfuss, but you are  a relativ new user to this forum and it seem's that you are just get registered for joining willis group buys.

Jump to: