Pages:
Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 256 blocks solved! - page 67. (Read 88461 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
 Smiley Another block found in SoloCK pool

Block 777942

Congrats to the winner Smiley
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Congratulation 14MooZUhqu3gXPDGC4aUh3AQFKDs3SZ1MW
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Escrow Service
Hello dear gamblers,  two three four participants we still need that the next run can start.
How about it, does anyone else want to join?

Topic is here --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.61604543

Many greetings
Willi
Activity: 952
Merit: 938
Unlikely to happen I'm afraid. I have trust issues to do with working with someone again, and it would be a bastard move on my part to take his idea and just do it for myself.

~snip~
then I came up with the idea of making it configurable.

It looks to me like the idea was yours anyway.
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
Unlikely to happen I'm afraid. I have trust issues to do with working with someone again, and it would be a bastard move on my part to take his idea and just do it for myself.

Again, I just wish you would do something that would challenge you and help the community. While the idea of this payment scheme is great,  you are the only one who knows what is good or bad for yourself and your pool.

Anyway, just on a personal note, I hope this will be implemented, it would be a great boost for the whole pool from my point of view. Having the choice would be really cool, we would get closer and closer to the perfect BTC pool. I don't really understand how this would be a bastard move on your part, there is no intellectual property on the payout scheme to my knowledge.

Even if I have no problem to let hashboards run to mine BTC solo, no matter the cost of electricity, a possibility of 80/20 for example, would help me a lot to continue this hobby (for me it is only a hobby now) of solo mining BTC. I am sure that I am not the only one in this case.

Thank you for keeping us informed and updated!
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Activity: 1194
Merit: 573
OGRaccoon
I think it's a great idea CK I for one would use the split pool 50% to block finder and 50% share to all other miners seems like a great way to temp more miners over.
Activity: 131
Merit: 16
I started a poll regarding mixed mining here:
https://twitter.com/ckpooldev/status/1621753619463933953

Note that I've made no commitment to create such a pool at this time, but I may be convinced to do so if there is overwhelming support.

Its good to see you wanting to return to coding Bitcoin stuff, but make sure this time you don't burn yourself out or let some person comments break you. I don't personally think this is a good idea, because as stated in the shhpool thread, this does in fact subsidizes the block finders (bigger hashrate, aka whales) at the expense of everybody else (plebs) who would learn half or less. Your idea is interesting of letting each user choose the %, but i don't think the main issue goes away.

Now imagine adding V2 and blocktemplate into the mix Cool

Best of luck whatever you choose to do!

Ckpool solo with V2 and block template Shocked

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

Note that I've made no commitment to create such a pool at this time, but I may be convinced to do so if there is overwhelming support.

Its good to see you wanting to return to coding Bitcoin stuff, but make sure this time you don't burn yourself out or let some person comments break you. I don't personally think this is a good idea, because as stated in the shhpool thread, this does in fact subsidizes the block finders (bigger hashrate, aka whales) at the expense of everybody else (plebs) who would learn half or less. Your idea is interesting of letting each user choose the %, but i don't think the main issue goes away.

Now imagine adding V2 and blocktemplate into the mix Cool

Best of luck whatever you choose to do!
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
You have way more to lose if something goes south in the new project. 

I think the update would only require a change in the payout system and would have no affect on the process of finding and submitting blocks. Just a matter of how you distribute the block rewards based on the % set by each user.

This would benefit those who own large gears like sub 100th, they do not want to gamble with it all, so maybe half for pplns to pay the power bill and the other half for solo mining, while it is very unlikely for me to use the split function I can see many people appreciating the change.   
copper member
Activity: 50
Merit: 2
Unidentified Aerial Phenomena = Aliens
None of this will impact ckpool which will continue as is - especially since its funding was community sourced.

I don't see how half and half is gross; just because you don't like it, doesn't mean there aren't other people out there that want this, and even if it were the only pool being offered, you'd still have a way to do your 100% solo mining.

Funding working on something is the modern reality, as I have serious motivation issues with bitcoin related software development, and I'm sure you'd understand that a significant commission is a massive sweetener. If you feel like funding some improvement to solo pool be my guest, but there would have to be enough incentive, and something I'd be interested in working on.

The main thing that would stop me doing this is I don't really want to work with anyone else ever again long term. Short commissions have been things I've been happy doing, but I've still avoided doing any bitcoin related software work for years.

Hey man you do you. Your a legend in my book. You have way more to lose if something goes south in the new project.  Right now your a legend to many bitcoin miners. Just hate to see that go away because something out of your hands by someone or something out of your control by another project.  Your the man bro!!!!
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
None of this will impact ckpool which will continue as is - especially since its funding was community sourced.

I don't see how half and half is gross; just because you don't like it, doesn't mean there aren't other people out there that want this, and even if it were the only pool being offered, you'd still have a way to do your 100% solo mining.

Funding working on something is the modern reality, as I have serious motivation issues with bitcoin related software development, and I'm sure you'd understand that a significant commission is a massive sweetener. If you feel like funding some improvement to solo pool be my guest, but there would have to be enough incentive, and something I'd be interested in working on.

The main thing that would stop me doing this is I don't really want to work with anyone else ever again long term. Short commissions have been things I've been happy doing, but I've still avoided doing any bitcoin related software work for years.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
No firm plans at this stage, but I've been offered a commission to design and build out a new pool with multiple nodes, originally with the 50% solo idea, but then I came up with the idea of making it configurable. Even if it were to replace this pool, solo mining would be entirely possible by specifying 100%. Separate ports could be set up to specify different defaults if it's not feasible or easy to use the password field.

The idea sounds interesting, personally, I don't see myself using it, but I am sure many others would.

I think it would be best to leave the default current port and password "x" for entirely solo mining (aka 100% solo) for the reasons below.

1- Some people who have gears pointed to solo mine on ckpool and do not follow this thread, Twitter, or anywhere else where they would know about the change.

2- Changing The miners that are currently set up would be a pain in the ***, personally,  I have set up ckpool with a default password on a few hundred gears as a secondary/backup pool, and have done this for probably 6-7 clients who said they want to try for solo when their main pool is down, it would be a lot of unnecessary work to reach out to all of them again.

Of course, doesn't take too much to realize that my suggestion is biased as hell, but I still think it makes sense. Cheesy
Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
Please Ck do not lower yourself for such a gimmicky scheme. Anything that is not solo is just a gimmicky thing like FPPS vs. PPLNS vs. PPS+. The saying “if it is not broke, don’t fix it” If it is not broke please do not fix it. Plenty of gimmicky Bitcoin pools out their with a wide variety of lame payout strategies.  Only one really trusted SOLO Bitcoin pool . CK pool.

admittedly, that was also my first thought when I read the info here. I personally think that a Solominer acts out of the following motivation --> all or nothing, it's a lottery. He is not concerned with ROI or regular income or covering costs. For anything else, a miner would participate in one of dozens available shared pools with PPLNS+ or PPS.

I strongly suspect that CK- let himself be buttered up by a forum user here who has been pro-actively trying to land interested parties lately, especially through private messages. Possibly the offer was promising, which is why CK thought about it? Perhaps CK can tell us something more about how this idea came about and what motives and intentions are behind it.
copper member
Activity: 50
Merit: 2
Unidentified Aerial Phenomena = Aliens
Hi all.

I've opened discussion of the possibility of altering the solo pool mining algorithm to a mixed solo/shared alternative. I've been approached to help build out a pool with 50% solo and 50% shared (minus pool fee). However it occurred to me this could be made configurable, where you choose what percentage you mine solo. For example, by default it would default to 50/50, but you could choose to still mine 100% solo, or 0% solo. If you choose 100% solo you would receive no block reward unless you are the block solver. Conversely if you choose 0% solo, you would share in any blocks solved amongst people who choose to share. It would be as simple as setting your password field to the percentage chosen and have a default value if no password is set.

Mining on ck pool for a long time !!! You came highly recommended by your long standing in the bitcoin community .Gross 50/50. Please Ck do not lower yourself for such a gimmicky scheme. Anything that is not solo is just a gimmicky thing like FPPS vs. PPLNS vs. PPS+. The saying “if it is not broke, don’t fix it” If it is not broke please do not fix it. Plenty of gimmicky Bitcoin pools out their with a wide variety of lame payout strategies.  Only one really trusted SOLO Bitcoin pool . CK pool. 

If I could vote on how you spent your time over taking the lame commission. Please focus on doing something unique with CK pool 100% solo . A new feature? New connectivity?. Another cool function for ck pool? Or…? But for god sake do not dilute yourself with such a waste of time 50/50 gimmicky thing like the proposal.  People hear the name CK Pool and  think prestigious and widely trusted 1# Bitcoin solo pool. Would not allow another project to sully that image you have built over a very long time.

Thank you for all the work you have done for Bitcoin Community and the little miners around the globe.
Activity: 952
Merit: 938
Hi all.

I've opened discussion of the possibility of altering the solo pool mining algorithm to a mixed solo/shared alternative. I've been approached to help build out a pool with 50% solo and 50% shared (minus pool fee). However it occurred to me this could be made configurable, where you choose what percentage you mine solo. For example, by default it would default to 50/50, but you could choose to still mine 100% solo, or 0% solo. If you choose 100% solo you would receive no block reward unless you are the block solver. Conversely if you choose 0% solo, you would share in any blocks solved amongst people who choose to share. It would be as simple as setting your password field to the percentage chosen and have a default value if no password is set.

This sounds like a great idea to me.

I like the concept of solo mining a block at ck-pool, and also like the idea of sharing some of BTC with fellow solo miners if I get lucky.

On the other side, it's also nice to get some sats when someone else in the pool found a block.

Win/win in my mind. Great proposal.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
NOW THAT IS THE BEST IDEA EVER EVER EVER GO CK…..
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
Do you plan a new add pool or do you plan to change the actual pool to the new one?
Is solo mining than possible… as we do that today?
No firm plans at this stage, but I've been offered a commission to design and build out a new pool with multiple nodes, originally with the 50% solo idea, but then I came up with the idea of making it configurable. Even if it were to replace this pool, solo mining would be entirely possible by specifying 100%. Separate ports could be set up to specify different defaults if it's not feasible or easy to use the password field.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Escrow Service
Do you plan a new add pool or do you plan to change the actual pool to the new one?
Is solo mining than possible… as we do that today?
Activity: 131
Merit: 16
Definetly a decent idea and it would make the pool alot more popular
Pages:
Jump to: