Pages:
Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 256 blocks solved! - page 76. (Read 88236 times)

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
I think 3 or 4 maybe 5 are in.
So if someone interested here also, I make a new topic to talk about that.

@hiaxis, @verexi1513, are you in for a monster / mega run?

Best regards,
Willi

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Any "high rollers" interested in doing a large rental? I'm thinking of putting in 0.5BTC and looking for 2-3 more players. Anyone interested? Would be willing to use another member as escrow or manager for the buy in. Post or PM if you're interested... Slimmestar

And do you have any takers yet?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1954
Any "high rollers" interested in doing a large rental? I'm thinking of putting in 0.5BTC and looking for 2-3 more players. Anyone interested? Would be willing to use another member as escrow or manager for the buy in. Post or PM if you're interested...

I participated in willi's run mentioned below last year and would be happy to welcome you as a new participant. I think willi has enough reputation here on the board. Maybe we can get some people together for a monster run.
Last year we rented 500 PH/s over 24 hours.

Was that your plan as well or were you thinking of a lower hashrate with much more run time (several days)?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Any "high rollers" interested in doing a large rental? I'm thinking of putting in 0.5BTC and looking for 2-3 more players. Anyone interested? Would be willing to use another member as escrow or manager for the buy in. Post or PM if you're interested...
At the end of our MegRun 1 topic here. We plane a new mega run, you can ask Here if you will join

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/groupbuy-solo-mining-blockparty-2021-megarun-1-5377859

Best regards
Willi
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
I’ve been mining this address 1EZT1JkFiCV4ks6qWAvqw3V2GyMhqqxkt1 my bitcoin account

Then the correct URL would be

Code:
https://solo.ckpool.org/users/1EZT1JkFiCV4ks6qWAvqw3V2GyMhqqxkt1

if the website returns

Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at solo.ckpool.org Port 443

It means your address did not register on the pool, maybe you are doing something wrong, like your miner is infected with a virus, or it has another issue, can you post a screenshot of your mining status page?
Activity: 537
Merit: 524

Did you start to mine? You need to send some hashpower to the pool using this address "1EZT1JkFiCV4ks6qWAvqw3V2GyMhqqxkt1"  Wink Grin without that, what do you expect to see ?
Or you could use an address that already had mined on that pool, then you can see the statistics there. For example you can look at our historical runs of our BLOCK SOLVERS mining group. You get our past stats for the mining address we're using for our runs.

I’ve been mining this address 1EZT1JkFiCV4ks6qWAvqw3V2GyMhqqxkt1 my bitcoin account
How much hashrate do you have? If it's very small then it might take a while before you even submit a valid share and as long as that doesn't happen the website does not show any statistics.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
Why do I see 32 Bytes and the data shown are 64 Bytes?

The default packet size in Linux is 64 bytes (actually more like 58 bytes + 8 bytes for ICMP header) whereas on windows it's 32 bytes, you can actually specific the ping packet size by doing

This sends 32 bytes

Code:
ping www.google.com -l 32 

This sends 128 bytes

Code:
ping www.google.com -l 128 -t

Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
Sorry, I do not understand. Did you use this address for mining at solo.ckpool.org ? Unless you did, you can't get statistics for your address you're mining or mined on.
Activity: 3

Did you start to mine? You need to send some hashpower to the pool using this address "1EZT1JkFiCV4ks6qWAvqw3V2GyMhqqxkt1"  Wink Grin without that, what do you expect to see ?
Or you could use an address that already had mined on that pool, then you can see the statistics there. For example you can look at our historical runs of our BLOCK SOLVERS mining group. You get our past stats for the mining address we're using for our runs.

Bitcoin g33k

Did you start to mine? You need to send some hashpower to the pool using this address "1EZT1JkFiCV4ks6qWAvqw3V2GyMhqqxkt1"  Wink Grin without that, what do you expect to see ?
and the links do not work
Not Found

The correct link for the statistics for the whole pool is:
https://solo.ckpool.org/pool/

The link works fine.

this link works fine, too. You need to add the user (=bitcoin address) as suffix after the slash '/' so you get the statistics for that user. Try this example here to see how it looks like:
https://solo.ckpool.org/users/bc1q5a9nq66jckw3aqfpv5h93ha24dz4d86cpp7d0p

I tried this and it didn’t work
https://solo.ckpool.org/users/1EZT1JkFiCV4ks6qWAvqw3V2GyMhqqxkt1
Bitcoin g33k
Not Found

The correct link for the statistics for the whole pool is:
https://solo.ckpool.org/pool/

The link works fine.

this link works fine, too. You need to add the user (=bitcoin address) as suffix after the slash '/' so you get the statistics for that user. Try this example here to see how it looks like:
https://solo.ckpool.org/users/bc1q5a9nq66jckw3aqfpv5h93ha24dz4d86cpp7d0p
hi ive tried to go to the Statistics:
Simple total pool statistics can be found at http://solo.ckpool.org/pool/
Solo.ckpool.org currently only displays minimal per user and per worker information based on btcaddress.
To access this, enter your BTC address at the end of: http://solo.ckpool.org/users/
or your workername at the end of: http://solo.ckpool.org/workers/

Not Found

Bitcoin g33k
Look at the 7th line at the top of this web page

News: Reminder: do not keep your money in online accounts
Do not use an exchange address. Some exchanges do not allow newly generated coins as deposits
Then I would use a different exchange. For one, since 2014 Blockchain.com has never had an issue with any of my mining rewards deposits. Considering that some exchanges don't like 'tainted' BTC I find it rather puzzling that they would take issue with sparkly brand new minted ones...
I don't understand it either but if you have an exchange that does allow it then fine.

I would add that I have never had an issue with a new block reward getting to my Coinbase account when I hit a block here as well.

And no issues moving off to a hardware wallet just as quickly!
Great that it worked for you but in the quoted text in my original answer the user specifically asked coinbase and got a negative answer. Why not just mine directly to an address of your hardware wallet if you're going to send it there anyway? (just curious)

In general I would say that most likely you won't have a problem using an exchange address but you do open yourself up to a third party risk where you don't need to.

Activity: 562
Merit: 139
Do not use an exchange address. Some exchanges do not allow newly generated coins as deposits
Then I would use a different exchange. For one, since 2014 Blockchain.com has never had an issue with any of my mining rewards deposits. Considering that some exchanges don't like 'tainted' BTC I find it rather puzzling that they would take issue with sparkly brand new minted ones...

I would add that I have never had an issue with a new block reward getting to my Coinbase account when I hit a block here as well.

And no issues moving off to a hardware wallet just as quickly!
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Activity: 5
Hi friends, thanks for the replies. Now I'm using the Bitcoin Wallet I downloaded from the Bitcoin.org website. My miner is already configuring with this new address, before it was using the address generated on the Binance website.

What do you think of the Electrum wallet to mine bitcoin here? Thanks.  Wink
@NotFuzzyWarm

Unfortunately the first post does not say anything about wallets, if we can use one from Binance or Bitcoin Wallet for example.
Do not use an exchange address. Some exchanges do not allow newly generated coins as deposits (probably because it screws up their system because new coins can't be spend until 100 confirmations so their systems can't move it to cold storage or hot wallet which they normally do after 3 or 6 confirmations <== my guess). This has been discussed previously:

Guys quick question, until now i've always used the binance btc "regular" address for solo mining.

Since there is also an option to use "btc segwit" and the address is different, lets supose i mine a block, would it be a problem to use "regular" btc instead of segwit?

Which "wallet" do you guys use when solo mining?

Don't use an exchange wallet for this unless you are sure they allow coinbase (newly minted coins) transactions. In february/march we had a discussion about it because someone wanted to use their coinbase (the exchange) address. Ultimately the answer was:

Hello, is there a way to get notified over email if you hit a block?? It would be a nice feature. Thank you.

Just get a wallet with an app that notifies you of a deposit, nice hash, binance whatever
1) Those are third party sites and not under your own control: not your keys, not your bitcoin. Don't think that is very smart.
2) some sites do not accept coinbase transactions as a deposit so if one is to use one of those 'wallets' then make damn sure they allow it.

When you say make damn sure they allow it..... How does one do that?

Ask them  Wink

I received info back from Coinbase.com.   Answer: "you can not and should not use your coinbase account to receive any mining rewards or block reward."  So, that's out.  I am running a full node so i can always use that address.  Good to know that coinbase doesn't accept/allow that.  

Now, I don't know if Binance allows it or not but I wouldn't want to risk hitting and not getting it in the end. Use the bitcoin core client as -ck says or for instance the Electrum wallet. Both are completely under your own control.

So, use an address from a wallet you control yourself. And in terms of what kind of address, all types are supported, i.e. 1.... (P2PKH) 3.... (P2SH) and bc1.... (bech32)
Pages:
Jump to: