Pages:
Author

Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 256 blocks solved! - page 74. (Read 88236 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hello guys! There is block 767395 hit by mmpool today, and in its coinbase tags you can see "ckpool" abbreviation. How does it work? Thanks
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
Hello guys! Since last block was hit here in september, what is possibility that someone on ckpool will hit it again? I mean in percents, what is "pool luck" at the moment? thanks

Hello

Actually pool has 46 479 336 434 828 accepted shares
So luck is more than 100%

But in solo mining luck doesn't mean anything until you hit a block
Activity: 630
Merit: 731
Bitcoin g33k
There are still slots free in our BLOCK SOLVERS solo mining group. Stake is only 0.001 BTC and we are mining here on soloCK pool. Everyone is welcome.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Hello guys! Since last block was hit here in september, what is possibility that someone on ckpool will hit it again? I mean in percents, what is "pool luck" at the moment? thanks
Luck doesn't change over time. Only the current hashrate determines the chance and at its current hashrate the chance of finding a block remains very low per day.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
The chance of finding a block is '1diff shares'/'network difficulty' while staying inside one 'difficulty fortnight'

In theory that is correct, but practically and in real life, it isn't dead accurate, because the following quote is incorrect

The price you pay for shares is directly related to what is called 100% PPS which is based on 'network difficulty'

Nicehash is a marketplace where people place their 'bids' to accurate a certain amount of the hashrate that is available for rent, in the unlikely event that there is more hashrate available than demand for it, nicehash would probably point it to a PPS pool and pay you accordingly, aside from that, the buyers set the price, not the sellers, if you check the average profitability of NH vs BTC PPS pools, you will always see a variation, the last 3 days NH buyers paid 5% more PPS+ pools, in some rare occasions it becomes more, I was able to mine for a few hours (maybe a full day, can't recall) on NH and got like 7 times more profit because someone was paying a ton of money for hashrate to mine some shitcoin.

Also, there is no guarantee that the renting price per hash would go down with the difficulty increase if there are enough opened and funded orders that pay 0.00367/PH/day even after a difficulty increase of 10%, there is no guarantee that you will get a 10% discount on whatever you rent after the diff change, and the same thing is true for the opposite side of the argument.

However, it's worth mentioning that your theory still stands though not perfectly, due to the fact that most buy orders on NH are probably made by bots, after a diff change to the upside, you usually see a few orders that still pay the same per hash as they paid prior to the change (those are probably humans or badly coded bots), the rest of orders will start to adjust accordingly.

Crypto Swap Exchange
@willi, although this post will probably be deleted, I thought I might share a little helpful info about your comment Smiley

Thank you for this explanation kano

I was thinking that it was an addition of BTC rate + current difficulty which make the Ph/s rental's price. Very interesting to know a little bit more about how it works

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 2529
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Thanks for the Information and yes i know and have seen the Price change after a diff change.
Have it in my mind.

Best regards
Willi
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
@willi, although this post will probably be deleted, I thought I might share a little helpful info about your comment Smiley

A diff change has no expected effect on the chances of you finding a rental block,
as long as you don't cross the difficulty boundary - if you do cross it, it can be advantageous or disadvantageous.

The reason is:

The chance of finding a block is '1diff shares'/'network difficulty' while staying inside one 'difficulty fortnight'

The price you pay for shares is directly related to what is called 100% PPS which is based on 'network difficulty'
e.g. at the moment 100% PPS cost for 1PH for 1 day is 0.003671458112 BTC
(ref: my calculator http://tradebtc.net/bitcalc.php )
Edit: and yes directly related doesn't me 'equals' The cost is based directly on that 100% PPS - when PPS goes up or down, so does the cost.

So, what happens when 'network difficulty' goes up: the expected price you pay goes down and it is 'usually' linear.
So you get more shares to make up for the difficulty increase, so expected same result.
When 'network difficulty' goes down, the expected price you pay goes up and it is also 'usually' linear.
You get less shares due to the difficulty drop, so expected same result.

You'll of course have seen this in the fuckhash interface,
the price quickly goes up after a diff drop, but usually slowly goes down after a diff increase.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Groupbuy Wallet: bc1qlpd45688hce39lusur8sdnuzy3z2dx4uvrgpkt
best regards
Willi

Hello dear Willi

I was looking the difficulty stats and the previsions for the next adjustment. (at the time I write this message) there is still 1310 blocks to be found with the current difficulty

Screenshot from mempool.space : https://imgur.com/a/dkM7djZ

Last diff adj. =   -7%
Next estimated = +8%

Shouldn't we try to start the run before the next difficulty adjustment even if some seats are still available ?

Have a nice day
C.

Edit : wrong sentence corrected
Hi iwantmyhomepaidwithbtc2

at the moment we have ~0,12 BTC and if we have ~0,14 BTC, so we need two seats more with 0,01 BTC, we can start every time
And yes in this diff time it would be a little better to start as after the diff jump over 5% or more.

Best regards,
Willi
Crypto Swap Exchange
best regards
Willi

Hello dear Willi

I was looking the difficulty stats and the previsions for the next adjustment. (at the time I write this message) there is still 1310 blocks to be found with the current difficulty

Screenshot from mempool.space : https://imgur.com/a/dkM7djZ

Last diff adj. =   -7%
Next estimated = +8%

Shouldn't we try to start the run before the next difficulty adjustment even if some seats are still available ?

Have a nice day
C.

Edit : wrong sentence corrected
Bitcoin g33k
Tthere are still slots available in the BLOCK SOLVERS group for the upcoming run #008, stake is only 0.001 BTC.
For more info see link in my signature.
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Hi, thanks willi for supporting this blockparty.

Return Wallet: bc1qevxhk2086flnrj70fyju273sxkdp63yf8w7ge6
Your stake: 0.005 BTC
Reservation: Run 28
Your TX: ad84721ccebad57b71210166095fce02db21a4f7c8f116375745bd03b205e34d
Voting comment: 20 PH
you are on the list and i have update the main page.
my own coins are also on the road to nicehash

@all, some seats are free to join our next ride

best regards
Willi
legendary
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Hey I‘m new here but want to join the next party Smiley Here are my stats you need (I hope everything is right  Smiley)

Return Wallet: 3Qv9As11VG1bWMxmNGuasHCdYVsQRo1kpz
Reservation: 2x (if not possible for 2x stake up to 0.01 BTC)
Your TX: edb6186318c600bf63c880cfaccb0f00985c5ec6e1fe526bd866a68f629c622b
Hi Antronax,

welcome as new member in our board. Your membership is saved in the topic and cross our fingers.

if you have any question you can ask in the main topic https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/groupbuy-solo-mining-blockparty-2022-number-28-5417696 or here.

Best regards,
Willi
Bitcoin g33k
Hi Antronax and welcome. I guess you mean Willis' Block party 28 ? If so, he will reply to you soon. Here you can check the thread with all info.

For your information: we run also another solo mining group, called BLOCK SOLVERS, see my signature. Stake in BLOCK SOLVERS runs are only 0.001 BTC.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Activity: 1
Merit: 1
Hey I‘m new here but want to join the next party Smiley Here are my stats you need (I hope everything is right  Smiley)

Return Wallet: 3Qv9As11VG1bWMxmNGuasHCdYVsQRo1kpz
Reservation: 2x (if not possible for 2x stake up to 0.01 BTC)
Your TX: edb6186318c600bf63c880cfaccb0f00985c5ec6e1fe526bd866a68f629c622b
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Since yesterday my status link is somehow broken, even my miner is still submitting shares to the Pool. Is this a general issue at the moment?

what is the URL of your status link and what does "somehow broken" mean in detail?

this seems to have happened to multiple pools for other coins. My internet was quite weird for connecting to three pools to read the status.

But all three pools did mine. As of today one pool allows me to view it only on Firefox .

Chrome, edge, safari all refuse me to connect to see stats. I suspect it is my optimum internet service .
Activity: 938
Merit: 642
Magic
Since yesterday my status link is somehow broken, even my miner is still submitting shares to the Pool. Is this a general issue at the moment?

what is the URL of your status link and what does "somehow broken" mean in detail?

Everything works fine again, can be ignored.
Bitcoin g33k

Activity: 938
Merit: 642
Magic
Pages:
Jump to: