Pages:
Author

Topic: You Can't Be Jobless And Be Participating In Bounties - page 16. (Read 2094 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500
Truth be told. You can't be jobless and be doing bounties. You will starve  Grin

My advice is to just see bounties as a pass time and don't be too expectant. Find some other job that gives you money. So many factors determine if you will get good rewards from bounties. For instance, when it lists, the price is out of the control of the team (unless they decide to do a buyback which rarely happens). The price of the token can rise if there is a lot of demand for it when it lists. But most times (since the bear run) the demand is low and to make it worse, several holders set ridiculously low prices just to sell off which devalues the coin.

Another factor that determines your reward is the authenticity as well as the success of the team and its project. Many campaigns have closed down in the past after several months of working on them only to announce that they failed to raise enough funds for the project. Worse case is the team devs exit scam and no one gets paid.

Project owners can also decide to execute their "reserved rights" by changing the rules at the end of successful campaigns. Rules changes can usually mean bounty rewards are reduced, locked, subjected to uninformed KYC checks, or distributed over a very long period of time.

If you consider all this then you will see that bounty campaigns are a gamble and cannot be always relied on to provide regular income for people participating in it. Those that participated in Deex bounty campaign (which ended in January 2019) are still waiting for their rewards (3 months after) and the devs are not communicating any date for the distribution. If you ask them they will say "soon". They have been saying "soon" since January, by the way. I'm not trying to slander the project or anything. I'm just advising fellow bounty hunters to try to get something else to do that will fetch them money and not to rely too much on bounty campaigns for payments.

If I am going to compare it on 2017 this is year was a very good opportunity who joined in any of the bounty campaigns where most of the participants/bountyhunters received a huge rewards for their token project. Compared at the present time now bounty campaign was too hard to find the legit one. So I advise do this as your sideline job not a full time job and never give up your regular job if you have.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181
Don't ever do bounty and make it as your main income. Beside of it you must have any real job to do and we know bounty even signature campaign not take long time to do. It can be side job and earn more money from it.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
I do not agree and believe that there are still some great projects that can bring you at least a regular salary in your country. You just need to find them and not just take part in every twitter campaign that appears on this forum.
Activity: 269
Merit: 11
in my opinion, indeed for bounty campaign/airdrop etc. it's a difficult thing if we expect income from here because obviously, the payment will definitely be very long even if we follow dozens of bounty and airdrop, it's better to use bounty & airdrop as an alternative, it's a very right
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
of course this is right, unless if this year will be like 2 years ago when all crypto is pumping.
but i think people still can make money from crypto( not in bounty ) example, trading and follow IEO.
IEO can give huge profit if you can get the tokensale, because untill now just big exchange organizing the event.
Activity: 364
Merit: 37
PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE
I can only say that today there are really great opportunities for working on the Internet, but here you need to understand that bounty is not the way out, because bounty is 100% payment for work. I am sure that there are other great opportunities.
Activity: 140
I can say that we cant prioritize the participating on bounty campaign or as a bounty hunter,search for stable job and let it be prioritized because her in cryptocurrency we cams say what will happen on the future so insure the profit making to sustain our needs.Dont depen on cryptocurrency but there are bounty that are really good and profitable but think before you are going to make decisions.
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
I would agree with you but it depends on one's efforts in bounty campaigns if one does a deligent high quality work, you can live fine especially in bug campaigns the payout is always good. If it was sometime last year when bounties were profitable one can live off bounty hunts.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 112
Well, you wouldn't starve, if your rank is higher and you are a good poster then you can earn a decent amount by participating in bitcoin signature bounties. It is true that other bounties haven't been that profitable for the past one years.
Activity: 531
Merit: 10
Truth be told. You can't be jobless and be doing bounties. You will starve  Grin

My advice is to just see bounties as a pass time and don't be too expectant. Find some other job that gives you money. So many factors determine if you will get good rewards from bounties. For instance, when it lists, the price is out of the control of the team (unless they decide to do a buyback which rarely happens). The price of the token can rise if there is a lot of demand for it when it lists. But most times (since the bear run) the demand is low and to make it worse, several holders set ridiculously low prices just to sell off which devalues the coin.

Another factor that determines your reward is the authenticity as well as the success of the team and its project. Many campaigns have closed down in the past after several months of working on them only to announce that they failed to raise enough funds for the project. Worse case is the team devs exit scam and no one gets paid.

Project owners can also decide to execute their "reserved rights" by changing the rules at the end of successful campaigns. Rules changes can usually mean bounty rewards are reduced, locked, subjected to uninformed KYC checks, or distributed over a very long period of time.

If you consider all this then you will see that bounty campaigns are a gamble and cannot be always relied on to provide regular income for people participating in it. Those that participated in Deex bounty campaign (which ended in January 2019) are still waiting for their rewards (3 months after) and the devs are not communicating any date for the distribution. If you ask them they will say "soon". They have been saying "soon" since January, by the way. I'm not trying to slander the project or anything. I'm just advising fellow bounty hunters to try to get something else to do that will fetch them money and not to rely too much on bounty campaigns for payments.

Of course yes, always be practical at all times. I'm a bounty hunter too with a lot of participation on some bounties but I never quit my regular job as a Software Developer for the company because I know that bounty programs are not just like regular jobs the gives you regular income.

Activity: 336
Bounties are the best way to accumulate the coins proportionate for us work by bounty workers need lot of patience in order to succeed
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
Bounty income as an additional income cannot be used as the main income, because the bounty is greatly affected by the market. If the market is very bad, it will lead to difficulties in family life. It is not recommended to resign as a bounty.
Activity: 308
Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX
I would not advise the unemployed to participate in the bounty. Because there is a big risk that you can lose everything and stay outside. To participate in the bounty and keep afloat you need a lot of capital. Bounty is like extra income before the main salary.
Activity: 434
www.thegeomadao.com
Good advice for bounty hunters. The important thing to keep in mind is that one should not completely rely on bounty campaigns for their sustenance. It is because all the projects you work for are not genuine. In some cases, they may cheat you by not giving you your rewards. In other cases, the project you work for never makes its way to exchanges--it fails to raise hardcap or softcap, or it fails to compete. So all these things will make you disappointed. So take bounty campaigns as an alternative way to increase your income.
Activity: 769
Merit: 108
Yes of course bounty cant made as the main job, because no gurantee we will take profits, only do bounty as side job. Better find job in real world. You can earn about $250 every months if real job, then you can invest in crypto about $100, then $150 for your needs, it will more better than do bounty champaign
copper member
Activity: 336
The fact is that bounty actually paid prior to the market surge of 2017.
So many shunned job offers and depended solely on bounties.
But reverse is the case these days, reason why I agree that people should have a job and do bounties as a side hustle.
Hopefully bounties will become as profitable as it was initially soon.
Activity: 714
Living is easy with eyes closed ...
I also think no one can rely entirely on bounties, especially lately. If in 2017 and the beginning of 2018, out of 10 ICO projects, about 2-3 yielded good profitability, then recently there have been very few such projects. In my example, over the past 8 months only the SERVE project paid out normal rewards for bounty, since the price of its token did not collapse immediately after the end of the ICO. The remaining projects either postponed payments indefinitely, or their tokens are worth a pittance.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
Yeap
Its true that people can't really rely on bounty jobs to survive anymore unless you are pretty hardcore on all types of bounty

The quality of bounty campaign has been declining time by time
Unless you mass participate in bounty like Article/Video campaign where you can join multiple at a time
Else if you only relying on Signature where you only get paid with random tokens in X amount of time, you might be posting 100 post over 4 months, and get back $5 in return.
Note: Unless you joined reputable bounty which runs for years which paid you fix amount of btc/usd, else its totally hard
Activity: 294
Merit: 26
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Welll righ now the people who bought shit coins las years are getting profit , real one,,, bounties are just to save tokens,, no to sell them right away,,, Of course the time u can get 2 k dollars in one bounty are alreadfy over but u can get 200 - 400 usd in the succefuls ones . And if u live in venezuela $400 are a lot of money and soon my country nicaragua will be the same so thats why im gathering crypto while i still can
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
It depends. There are several types of bounty campaigns out there. If you are participating in social media bounties (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit.etc), then you can do these activities when you have spare time. On the other hand, if you are in to translation bounty, then it takes a lot of time and effort. In such cases, it may not be possible to have a full time job and do the bounty at the same time.

Well if you're going to be presented a choice, why would you choice a translation bounty over an actual job? You'll be paid token most likely and if fortunate, some btcs or ethers. And you're not sure about what's going to happen with the tokens you'll receive. Too big of a risk.
Pages:
Jump to: