Pages:
Author

Topic: You heard it hear 1st - page 5. (Read 14516 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
September 09, 2014, 03:48:52 PM
Here is my prognosis:

The chances of sub $50: only 10% chance

sub $100: 20% chance

70% chance of:

"Final capitulation" .... looks to stand at around $120-$250

WHEN?

Bitcoin to 120 dollars is a 70% certainty! Someone tell Paypal! These threads are ridiculous.

100% certainty... eventually. Bitcoin is not the future. It may be a stepping stone  to it. It won't be adopted by the masses without major, major changes.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2014, 03:46:33 PM
Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

WHEN?

Bitcoin to 120 dollars is a 70% certainty! Someone tell Paypal! These threads are ridiculous.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
September 09, 2014, 03:41:32 PM
Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

Would you care to explain how you see that happening instead of just posting some numbers.
Activity: 238
September 09, 2014, 03:32:32 PM
Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

WHEN?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
We are teaching bizs about Crypto daily. #askastor
September 09, 2014, 02:31:14 PM
Lol, nah we talk to people daily on the streets and all are intersted,unless already super rich. Cheesy
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
September 09, 2014, 02:19:20 PM
I'm going to make the call right now, and this isn't coming from some troll.  But I believe bitcoin will hit sub $100, possibly sub $50 before anything further interesting develops.  By all means, as a trader, I wish it hits $5000 or $10,000 in the next 3 days.  But I just don't see exponential development in the near future... the long run, who knows though.  

I mean, wall street thinks bitcoin is overbought, overpriced, unsustainable.  The average citizen isn't crazy about bitcoin at all.  You ask the average Joe if they plan on buying bitcoin in the future and you get a melancholy "no".  You ask a smart ass in the streets about bitcoin and his answer is "the [expletivie] is that?"  You explain it and his response is well that is "[expletive] stupid". 

Institutions are already in on it.  Speculators are looking to make a quick buck only.  Then there are cultists, which is a super minority, and they believe in a whole bunch of unrealistic possibility.  The problem with mass adoption is that why would someone go through all this trouble to buy bitcoins, only to spend it on a blu-ray player they could have just bought with their visa.

It seems like only select intelligent people truly believe in bitcoin, and intelligent people are few and far between in this world.  

Wall Street has been wrong for tens of years, what they say is irrelevant in terms of what will happen in the future
legendary
Activity: 1274
The Golden Rule Rules
September 09, 2014, 01:49:50 PM
Here is my prognosis:

70% chance of:

legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
September 09, 2014, 01:22:45 PM
This was my warning back in December:

"You guys are all FUCKED"

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 09, 2014, 10:08:57 AM
...who knows though...

Heard this before actually.
Activity: 405
September 09, 2014, 09:05:37 AM
I'm going to make the call right now, and this isn't coming from some troll.  But I believe bitcoin will hit sub $100, possibly sub $50 before anything further interesting develops.  By all means, as a trader, I wish it hits $5000 or $10,000 in the next 3 days.  But I just don't see exponential development in the near future... the long run, who knows though.  

I mean, wall street thinks bitcoin is overbought, overpriced, unsustainable.  The average citizen isn't crazy about bitcoin at all.  You ask the average Joe if they plan on buying bitcoin in the future and you get a melancholy "no".  You ask a smart ass in the streets about bitcoin and his answer is "the [expletivie] is that?"  You explain it and his response is well that is "[expletive] stupid".  

Institutions are already in on it.  Speculators are looking to make a quick buck only.  Then there are cultists, which is a super minority, and they believe in a whole bunch of unrealistic possibility.  The problem with mass adoption is that why would someone go through all this trouble to buy bitcoins, only to spend it on a blu-ray player they could have just bought with their visa.

It seems like only select intelligent people truly believe in bitcoin, and intelligent people are few and far between in this world.  

So by the end of this month, what will happen?

Well unless paypal/amazon/ebay start to accept bitcoin in which case price will jump or another exchange folds (or similar adverse event) like Mt Gox in which case it will dive  ..nothing much will change the range bound price by the end of Sept  450-550....November is a likely time for a price rise when some substantial good news is expected re new adopters/services and sales/transaction volumes. However the truth is most people do not and cannot know where the price is going unless they are large enough to manipulate the market in the direction they want it to go. Barring that, significant increased/decreased demand will drive the price in either direction.

EDIT

Just saw this

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-08/ebay-s-paypal-unit-to-start-accepting-bitcoin-payments.html
Activity: 140
YOU"RE LIKE A TIMEBOMB!
September 09, 2014, 07:41:42 AM

I mean, wall street thinks bitcoin is overbought, overpriced, unsustainable.  The average citizen isn't crazy about bitcoin at all.  You ask the average Joe if they plan on buying bitcoin in the future and you get a melancholy "no".  You ask a smart ass in the streets about bitcoin and his answer is "the [expletivie] is that?"  You explain it and his response is well that is "[expletive] stupid". 

So by the end of this month, what will happen?
Activity: 787
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 08, 2014, 08:19:13 PM
the fact remains there is a lot more poeple into bitcoin ( more die hard believers  ) than ever, i can't believe price is inflated.... price was inflated at 1000$, but its not like there wasn't massive dumps at these "inflated" levels, and it snapped back over and over. now price is depressed because everyone that was in it for a quick buck has left. even some "sophisticated investors", are leaving because of the poor performance bitcoins has been showing the past year.

so what, good riddance, we don't need them, they will probably come back at the worst possible entry point anyway, lol.

meanwhile, a buttload of newbies are waiting for predictions like " if we break 440 its going to crash to 350 in hours " to come true b4 buying, i bet most of them haven't even bothered signing up to a exchange and getting ready, when / if that price comes, that will be the kick in the ass they need to send in the AML paper work, only there will be a backlog, we're gonna see the stampede coming, market will have no choice to go back above 500, newbies are going to "wait for bitcoin to crash again b4 buying in" only it will not crash... then some ETF will come out, brokers gonna call people,  the roof will be on fire, "sophisticated investors" are going to come back full force, and bam 5000$ pre bitcoin, and no sign of topping out.

So when do you expect this to happen?
Activity: 405
September 08, 2014, 12:12:30 PM

see this year is the 1st year that a new trend will start with BTC... the start of a multi year down swing.  I see it stabilizing at around $100 perhaps for years to come before anything interesting happens now.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-venture-capital/

1. Of the $95million VC invested in 2013  2/3rds or $60M was invested from Oct to December...

2 Of the $185 million invested so far in 2014 the fruits of these investments in terms of bitcoin volume/ increased turnover and demand will not be seen for 6 - 18 months which is a normal "lead time" for any investment.

Those that have invested these large sums do not do so on a whim and have studied and produced business plans that they are implementing and expect to see results in the not to distant future and this is why the $100 dollar price is most unlikely barring any cataclysmic event.
legendary
The Golden Rule Rules
September 08, 2014, 05:26:05 AM
the fact remains there is a lot more poeple into bitcoin ( more die hard believers  ) than ever, i can't believe price is inflated.... price was inflated at 1000$, but its not like there wasn't massive dumps at these "inflated" levels, and it snapped back over and over. now price is depressed because everyone that was in it for a quick buck has left. even some "sophisticated investors", are leaving because of the poor performance bitcoins has been showing the past year.

so what, good riddance, we don't need them, they will probably come back at the worst possible entry point anyway, lol.

meanwhile, a buttload of newbies are waiting for predictions like " if we break 440 its going to crash to 350 in hours " to come true b4 buying, i bet most of them haven't even bothered signing up to a exchange and getting ready, when / if that price comes, that will be the kick in the ass they need to send in the AML paper work, only there will be a backlog, we're gonna see the stampede coming, market will have no choice to go back above 500, newbies are going to "wait for bitcoin to crash again b4 buying in" only it will not crash... then some ETF will come out, brokers gonna call people,  the roof will be on fire, "sophisticated investors" are going to come back full force, and bam 5000$ pre bitcoin, and no sign of topping out.

see this year is the 1st year that a new trend will start with BTC... the start of a multi year down swing.  I see it stabilizing at around $100 perhaps for years to come before anything interesting happens now.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
September 06, 2014, 01:04:34 PM

Activity: 69
September 06, 2014, 12:41:00 PM
Who cares, think long term and you are winning man.
Activity: 266
September 06, 2014, 09:32:38 AM
I understand bitcoin.  I'm saying, it is just as likely to hit $5,000 or sub $100.  Bitcoin will never be adopted massively.  because the masses and bitcoin are oxymorons.  Modern banking institutions aka the govt's will never have it where bitcoin can be adopted massively.

Sure bitcoin can be mass adopted when/if the bankers buy entire network and own bitcoin.  And take over the miners.  The era of exponential growth might just be ending nowadays, or at least for a long long time...

And lol at anonymity argument, it's not anonymous anymore.  

No you don't, and you just reiterated that fact. When you say it's likely to hit sub $100, you just lost all credibilty to those who understand why bitcoin is so valuable and that it is insanely undervalued at the moment. When people realize just how difficult and costly it is now to mine bitcoins, they would've bought as much as they can afford. If bitcoin were to fall below $100 it would've done so long ago, but it hasn't because of natural market resilience. You don't have to go far, let it fall sub $400 and watch how many buy orders going in that price will almost immediately go up again. I guarantee you there's no chance in hell you're going to be able to buy bitcoins below $400 now.

when bitcoin at the $1000 bubble, people said $500 is impossible, well we found out even $400 can be broke

Oh falling, I know you want to buy in bitcoins for as low as possible but please do be a little more realistic. You WOULD be hoping that bitcoin falls below $400 (me too, if the market grants such an opportunity) but sometimes the greedier you are the more you lose
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
September 06, 2014, 09:29:38 AM
I understand bitcoin.  I'm saying, it is just as likely to hit $5,000 or sub $100.  Bitcoin will never be adopted massively.  because the masses and bitcoin are oxymorons.  Modern banking institutions aka the govt's will never have it where bitcoin can be adopted massively.

Sure bitcoin can be mass adopted when/if the bankers buy entire network and own bitcoin.  And take over the miners.  The era of exponential growth might just be ending nowadays, or at least for a long long time...

And lol at anonymity argument, it's not anonymous anymore.  

No you don't, and you just reiterated that fact. When you say it's likely to hit sub $100, you just lost all credibilty to those who understand why bitcoin is so valuable and that it is insanely undervalued at the moment. When people realize just how difficult and costly it is now to mine bitcoins, they would've bought as much as they can afford. If bitcoin were to fall below $100 it would've done so long ago, but it hasn't because of natural market resilience. You don't have to go far, let it fall sub $400 and watch how many buy orders going in that price will almost immediately go up again. I guarantee you there's no chance in hell you're going to be able to buy bitcoins below $400 now.

when bitcoin at the $1000 bubble, people said $500 is impossible, well we found out even $400 can be broke
Where are your sources?

You were not even a member when Bitcoin was $1000...

i will not search the source for you, you can deny this and claim people thought $500 is possible when they were posting train&moon&whatever at $1000 bubble

i do remember one topic was laughing at people who hadn't bought at $1000 when the price was $1150 or something and telling them the train was leaving

we now know bitcoin can drop to anywhere
So basically you are just talking crap like usual.  Cheesy
Activity: 112
September 06, 2014, 09:19:21 AM
Fallling, what will you do when we eventually are at 2000USD tho?

you are in the downtrend to a much lower place, better talk about this at least when the price stop dropping
Activity: 70
September 06, 2014, 09:16:15 AM
Fallling, what will you do when we eventually are at 2000USD tho?
Pages:
Jump to: