Pages:
Author

Topic: You heard it hear 1st - page 6. (Read 14516 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 06, 2014, 09:15:44 AM
I understand bitcoin.  I'm saying, it is just as likely to hit $5,000 or sub $100.  Bitcoin will never be adopted massively.  because the masses and bitcoin are oxymorons.  Modern banking institutions aka the govt's will never have it where bitcoin can be adopted massively.

Sure bitcoin can be mass adopted when/if the bankers buy entire network and own bitcoin.  And take over the miners.  The era of exponential growth might just be ending nowadays, or at least for a long long time...

And lol at anonymity argument, it's not anonymous anymore.  

No you don't, and you just reiterated that fact. When you say it's likely to hit sub $100, you just lost all credibilty to those who understand why bitcoin is so valuable and that it is insanely undervalued at the moment. When people realize just how difficult and costly it is now to mine bitcoins, they would've bought as much as they can afford. If bitcoin were to fall below $100 it would've done so long ago, but it hasn't because of natural market resilience. You don't have to go far, let it fall sub $400 and watch how many buy orders going in that price will almost immediately go up again. I guarantee you there's no chance in hell you're going to be able to buy bitcoins below $400 now.

when bitcoin at the $1000 bubble, people said $500 is impossible, well we found out even $400 can be broke
Where are your sources?

You were not even a member when Bitcoin was $1000...

i will not search the source for you, you can deny this and claim people thought $500 is possible when they were posting train&moon&whatever at $1000 bubble

i do remember one topic was laughing at people who hadn't bought at $1000 when the price was $1150 or something and telling them the train was leaving

we now know bitcoin can drop to anywhere
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
September 06, 2014, 09:11:46 AM
I understand bitcoin.  I'm saying, it is just as likely to hit $5,000 or sub $100.  Bitcoin will never be adopted massively.  because the masses and bitcoin are oxymorons.  Modern banking institutions aka the govt's will never have it where bitcoin can be adopted massively.

Sure bitcoin can be mass adopted when/if the bankers buy entire network and own bitcoin.  And take over the miners.  The era of exponential growth might just be ending nowadays, or at least for a long long time...

No you don't, and you just reiterated that fact. When you say it's likely to hit sub $100, you just lost all credibilty to those who understand why bitcoin is so valuable and that it is insanely undervalued at the moment. When people realize just how difficult and costly it is now to mine bitcoins, they would've bought as much as they can afford. If bitcoin were to fall below $100 it would've done so long ago, but it hasn't because of natural market resilience. You don't have to go far, let it fall sub $400 and watch how many buy orders going in that price will almost immediately go up again. I guarantee you there's no chance in hell you're going to be able to buy bitcoins below $400 now.

when bitcoin at the $1000 bubble, people said $500 is impossible, well we found out even $400 can be broke
Where are your sources?

You were not even a member when Bitcoin was $1000...
Activity: 112
September 06, 2014, 09:02:59 AM

Activity: 405
Merit: 250
September 06, 2014, 09:00:30 AM

It is hard to believe $100...if it gets to $300 massive buying will be the likely response..including a small player like myself. Equally $5,000 is unlikely in the medium term..but if 10% of the unbanked eventually  start using over the next 3 years ( 250 million) and have just .2 of a coin each that requires 50 million coins ( which do not exist ever) or fewer coins with a corresponding increase in fiat value .. Bitpay has a 33 fold increase in merchant adoption target to 1 million by end 2016  these are just 2 of the many uses so what is the likelihood of a drop to $100..pretty slim?
why you think would be massive buy at 300, and was not at 500?

it is a buy at 500 and I have bought as have others......I can afford to buy more at 300 than at 500 and I suspect than many are in the same position..this is purely because with my mid term target price near to the previous ath of 1,000 ish..the mid term risk reward ratio is higher at 300 ( +200%)  than 500 ( +100%). Should/when it reaches 1,000 I would re assess market indicators and decide whether to sell ( all or some, with the clear intention of buying back in on dips) or hold.for a better price. Obviously if your not a believer or have different targets and financial capacity the price when you would add substantially to current holdings may differ.
Activity: 266
September 06, 2014, 08:55:53 AM

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
September 06, 2014, 08:34:18 AM

Views of a system slave Roll Eyes
Alone the usefulness of bitcoin for the dark web black market gives bitcoin a value of hundreds of dollars.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
September 06, 2014, 08:21:30 AM

It is hard to believe $100...if it gets to $300 massive buying will be the likely response..including a small player like myself. Equally $5,000 is unlikely in the medium term..but if 10% of the unbanked eventually  start using over the next 3 years ( 250 million) and have just .2 of a coin each that requires 50 million coins ( which do not exist ever) or fewer coins with a corresponding increase in fiat value .. Bitpay has a 33 fold increase in merchant adoption target to 1 million by end 2016  these are just 2 of the many uses so what is the likelihood of a drop to $100..pretty slim?
why you think would be massive buy at 300, and was not at 500?
September 06, 2014, 02:18:02 AM

It is hard to believe $100...if it gets to $300 massive buying will be the likely response..including a small player like myself. Equally $5,000 is unlikely in the medium term..but if 10% of the unbanked eventually  start using over the next 3 years ( 250 million) and have just .2 of a coin each that requires 50 million coins ( which do not exist ever) or fewer coins with a corresponding increase in fiat value .. Bitpay has a 33 fold increase in merchant adoption target to 1 million by end 2016  these are just 2 of the many uses so what is the likelihood of a drop to $100..pretty slim?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The Golden Rule Rules
September 06, 2014, 01:51:44 AM

September 06, 2014, 12:59:35 AM
I'm going to make the call right now, and this isn't coming from some troll.  But I believe bitcoin will hit sub $100, possibly sub $50 before anything further interesting develops.  By all means, as a trader, I wish it hits $5000 or $10,000 in the next 3 days.  But I just don't see exponential development in the near future... the long run, who knows though.  

I mean, wall street thinks bitcoin is overbought, overpriced, unsustainable.  The average citizen isn't crazy about bitcoin at all.  You ask the average Joe if they plan on buying bitcoin in the future and you get a melancholy "no".  You ask a smart ass in the streets about bitcoin and his answer is "the [expletivie] is that?"  You explain it and his response is well that is "[expletive] stupid".  

Institutions are already in on it.  Speculators are looking to make a quick buck only.  Then there are cultists, which is a super minority, and they believe in a whole bunch of unrealistic possibility.  The problem with mass adoption is that why would someone go through all this trouble to buy bitcoins, only to spend it on a blu-ray player they could have just bought with their visa.

It seems like only select intelligent people truly believe in bitcoin, and intelligent people are few and far between in this world.  

From June 2011..another person who didn't/doesn't get it and need to do their homework in order to understand.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2011/06/20/so-thats-the-end-of-bitcoin-then/

It’s difficult to see what the currency has going for it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8593755

I'll add one get some good deals with Bitcoin like the Labor Day Sale at Newegg
75 dollars off 300 bucks 150 off 500 bucks is a deal ^^
http://www.newegg.ca/bitcoin

A good example of discounts..and ill add the 2.5 Billion un-banked/ under banked that can now get a Xapo card and buy on line. It is a BIG deal as our #1 domestic airline has promos/discounts (up to 66%+) every month but you can only avail if a) you buy with a card online which more than 76% of the population do not have or b) Pay at one of very few outlets with a 6 or 7 pm cut off. ( or Banks with a 4-5pm cut off and many banks have a 30min+ queue)

Top 5 potential uses which are available and gaining momentum.

1 remittance abroad 540 Billion/yr market .. faster and cheaper in most cases particularly in Africa.

2 Business travelers save money when using Xapo compared to a credit/ debit card in 90% of cases

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8554196

3 Allowing the unbanked to buy on line and avail of large discounts and wider choice and giving merchants a better deal

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/237026

4 allowing all and particularly the unbanked the convenience of paying bills online/via sms

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=paying+bills+with+bitcoin&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=0KEKVK_TLc-CmAL_4YE4

5 Storing value in countries with high inflation rates/banking crises and political instability  eg Ukraine/ Argentina/Cyprus.

and remember bitcoin is still very much in its infancy.

legendary
Activity: 1176
September 05, 2014, 01:03:56 PM
so that stop loss at 488 get triggered newbie? or you close before that big buy this morning?

Quite.

You can be darned sure that no one predicting the demise of bitcoin has any other motivation than acquiring lots for themselves at a lower price.
Activity: 70
September 05, 2014, 12:31:13 PM
This is delusional as hell, big wallets will get in if we see these prices, before.
Activity: 784
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
September 05, 2014, 06:25:33 AM
It seems like only select intelligent people truly believe in bitcoin, and intelligent people are few and far between in this world.  
Exceptionally intelligent folks are also better at pattern recognition than the rest of the population, which is why they tend to spot trends early, long before the rest of the herd catches on.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
September 05, 2014, 06:22:23 AM
On tradingview an analysis more bearish than mine (I recently said 250$ - 300$ bottom):
https://www.tradingview.com/v/HSiAMq3J/
Activity: 336
September 04, 2014, 06:26:06 PM
so that stop loss at 488 get triggered newbie? or you close before that big buy this morning?
Activity: 518
Trust me!
September 04, 2014, 05:59:04 PM
Nah, much too pessimistic. Maybe falllling is going to fall for that (haha, pun intended!) but $100 is much too low nowadays. There are too many bid walls to be filled in order to get there. Speculators are willing to buy a lot of those cheap coins before we reach those levels!
Activity: 686
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
September 04, 2014, 05:52:53 PM
Good. Capitulation. Smiley I think if Bitcoin goes that low, it may ultimately have failed. We're now over a year above $100 and buying at that price will appear to be very very tempting for most people and quite a lot will be willing to buy on the off chance that Bitcoin recovers afterwards!
Activity: 266
September 04, 2014, 11:59:27 AM
Bitcoin was conceived to be a form of digital money. But now, Bitcoin is no longer digital money. It's actually digital gold. And just like gold, now $1200 an ounce, it is near impossible for gold to be below $100 an ounce, people would be mad buying should it ever be that low and the price will be up again. It's a hypothetical situation what OP is describing, and it only proves that he really has no idea what Bitcoin is and really shouldn't be making predictions. It's like a banker trying to predict the alignment of the stars and thinks if the stars don't align it will affect the price of his stocks
legendary
Activity: 1281
☑ ♟ ☐ ♚
September 04, 2014, 10:14:22 AM
Exactly.

The trouble is that so many people here can't seem to see back further than last November.

A good portion of the people here didn't even know about Bitcoin prior to Nov 13.

It is natural, after all, it is exponential growth...but of course it is quite annoying at times  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1722
September 04, 2014, 09:39:40 AM
I dunno it seems everytime we go sub $400 people to buy mode crazy.. can't blame them.
Pages:
Jump to: