Pages:
Author

Topic: Your opinions on IEOs - page 3. (Read 1841 times)

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
September 14, 2019, 03:28:32 AM
To me, I believe this Era of IEO is better compared to the time of ICO. IEO has curbed the emergence of scam projects. It reduces it to a certain extent. IEO also safes the project team the unnecessary headaches of listening as the agreement of listing must have been entered with an agreed exchange party.
but now we see that most IEOs that have already been completed have fallen in price very much as ICOs fall after listing on the exchange. I don't see the difference
With the market situation, it's also been pulled by many factors which investors mostly go for a quick results instead of supporting the project. Same deal with ICOs where investors are hoping to see the token being listed to any exchange to see the value and sell it out after. IEOs nowadays show much higher appreciation. People love to play with quick results  to move forward with another project.
Activity: 798
Merit: 100
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
August 29, 2019, 02:01:02 PM
Recently, I've seen a lot of positive press regarding IEOs. After all, Binance is already successfully running them, giving ICO projects a chance to shine and many other exchanges are following suit.
My personal opinion is that IEOs should be discouraged. Firstly, it gives more and more power to these centralised exchanges, who are able to charge higher, more ridiculous listing fees for coins as well as extremely large payments to hold IEOs. Their vested interests in this way mean they are less likely to care about vetting projects that may be untrustworthy, leading to even more irresponsible behaviour.

Exchanges are already making far too much from listing fees, so IEOs on top are completely unnecessary. While they are good promotion for coins, such practices cannot be good in the long-term.
Instead, the focus should be easy-to-use decentralised exchanges which don't require intrusive KYC/AML and are much less likely to be corrupt/ill-willed if some DAO-like structure is in place. While blockchain technology has made the storage of data much safer, what is the point if thousands of crypto exchanges hold endless amounts of data on the customers in the same way banks do? The only thing changing is who owns the data, so privacy has not improved. And as crypto adoption increases, so will regulation of exchanges.
We don't want to end up in a situation where to trade any meaningful amount of crypto you have to send your name, address, ID, and bank account details to some exchange which can do whatever it likes with your data.

Your thoughts?

in my thinking about IEO it is very good to run in the future ... IEO is more trusted for me ... because all are focused on an exchanger ... so only certain people can access it through the KYC verification process ... but between IEO and ICO have positive and negative sides ... because both have advantages and disadvantages ... if talking about cheating, there has been a lot of launching Altcoin that is not through the IEO cheating and running away with investor money ... so ... in my positive mind before investing then You must be more careful in choosing an IEO or ICO project in the future .
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
www.thegeomadao.com
September 14, 2019, 02:57:04 AM
IEO is only a means of collecting funds to support goals of a crypto project. It is an advanced form of ICO. IEO gives more investment security as it is launched on exchanges and get listed on the same exchanges. So I think IEO will become popular over time.
Activity: 770
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
September 12, 2019, 10:44:52 AM
To me, I believe this Era of IEO is better compared to the time of ICO. IEO has curbed the emergence of scam projects. It reduces it to a certain extent. IEO also safes the project team the unnecessary headaches of listening as the agreement of listing must have been entered with an agreed exchange party.
but now we see that most IEOs that have already been completed have fallen in price very much as ICOs fall after listing on the exchange. I don't see the difference
Activity: 798
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
September 12, 2019, 01:34:33 AM
Recently, I've seen a lot of positive press regarding IEOs. After all, Binance is already successfully running them, giving ICO projects a chance to shine and many other exchanges are following suit.
My personal opinion is that IEOs should be discouraged. Firstly, it gives more and more power to these centralised exchanges, who are able to charge higher, more ridiculous listing fees for coins as well as extremely large payments to hold IEOs. Their vested interests in this way mean they are less likely to care about vetting projects that may be untrustworthy, leading to even more irresponsible behaviour.

Exchanges are already making far too much from listing fees, so IEOs on top are completely unnecessary. While they are good promotion for coins, such practices cannot be good in the long-term.
Instead, the focus should be easy-to-use decentralised exchanges which don't require intrusive KYC/AML and are much less likely to be corrupt/ill-willed if some DAO-like structure is in place. While blockchain technology has made the storage of data much safer, what is the point if thousands of crypto exchanges hold endless amounts of data on the customers in the same way banks do? The only thing changing is who owns the data, so privacy has not improved. And as crypto adoption increases, so will regulation of exchanges.
We don't want to end up in a situation where to trade any meaningful amount of crypto you have to send your name, address, ID, and bank account details to some exchange which can do whatever it likes with your data.

Your thoughts?

in my thinking about IEO it is very good to run in the future. IEO is more trusted for me because all are focused on an exchanger, so only certain people can access it through the KYC verification process, but between IEO and ICO have positive and negative sides ... because both have advantages and disadvantages, if talking about cheating, there has been a lot of launching Altcoin that is not through the IEO cheating and running away with investor money. so in my positive mind before investing then You must be more careful in choosing an IEO or ICO project in the future
Activity: 532
Merit: 11
♦♦♦♦♦
September 12, 2019, 10:01:57 AM
IEO give more trust to investor than ICO for me. IEO that hosting by Big and trsuted Exchange market will make the IEO its self trusted and worth to invest, i don't even need to check the whole information about the coin/token. The exchange market did it for me.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
September 12, 2019, 09:09:09 AM
Activity: 350
"In CryptoEnergy we trust"
September 12, 2019, 06:17:46 AM
One of the things I know up till now is that most of the projects that carry out the IEO on an exchange, 90% of the tokens or coins from the project will be directly listed in the that exchange. Liquidity and security issues are also one of the factors considered by investors.

The bad side.
The possibility for manipulation still exists as long as transparency is not really implemented.

Correct, IEO is still more profitable and its easy to acquire capital rather than ICO, and majority of the IEO was listed on that exchange which is a good thing, when it comes to traders and investors.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
September 12, 2019, 06:15:51 AM
ieo is better than ico because investor instantly sold there token/coin in high price.
Activity: 1078
September 12, 2019, 01:37:47 AM
IEOs were very profitable at the beginning of the year, but now they are becoming less and less attractive. It is very hard to participate in them and the allocations are small while the profit is usually about x2.
Activity: 994
Merit: 256
August 29, 2019, 01:16:35 PM
Project team now are offering public sales through IEO to regain the trust of investors.
In this IEO they are using EXCHANGES to be part of that sales.
But not all IEO must be trusted, you should choose a good exchange also for your own security.
And dont forget to review and make research of the project offered before investing any amount.
I think IEOs have been more like a life-savers for the crypto startups for raising money. ICO being fraudulent in many cases were banned by many countries around the world and the only options left for the crypto companies to raise money to fund their operations was to get into IEO and make money to run the system. I think IEO have been pretty good and might fully outshine ICOs.
Activity: 686
Merit: 35
September 12, 2019, 05:03:39 AM
Upgraded version of ico's, a bit more secured in some aspect but no so much different than ico, the one only thing that differentiate ieo from ico is the fact that ieo is carried on exchange while ico conduct from team, ieo has an automatic listing while ico don't have such opportunity.
Activity: 145
September 12, 2019, 04:46:35 AM
IEOs = same sh1t (as ICOs), different package (distribution point).
Activity: 509
September 03, 2019, 03:18:10 PM
IEO is not as popular as it was in spring this year, but it is still possible to take part in IEO and earn several X's on top platforms
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
August 29, 2019, 07:13:41 PM
In my understanding, investing on IEO's gives the investors a positive viewpoint that the project they're investing in is most likely to become successful thus making their investment a fruitful one. Another thing in IEO, the tokens of the project were already available on the exchange - thus completely eliminating the fear and frustration of the investor brought about by the thought that the investment may not make it or be listed in an exchange.
However, the wisest thing to do before investing be it in ICO or IEO is a thorough diligence so as not to waste our time and hard earned money.
You are right. Tokens or coins that are already available in the market further increase investor confidence to enter the investment. Moreover, ICO's image has gotten worse since many scammers, cheat and take investor money, and tokens or coins have never been listed on the exchange. High investor confidence in IEO is the key to success for development, especially if IEO is carried out on global exchanges such as Binance, it increases opportunities for profit. Even so, the risk still exists, because the price is really determined by market demand and supply.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
August 29, 2019, 07:06:25 PM
I don't think the big guys that rule this world will let us enjoy true decentralisation and anonymity in the nearest future. Smart small investor should go to the projects where the main cash rivers flows Smiley
Activity: 602
August 27, 2019, 04:03:28 AM
IEO has definitely increased the trust in the crypto currency and the fund raising process. Not saying that the ICO should be completely abolished but IEO gives a level of assurance that the team is real and want to execute the project.

IEO is more promising when it comes to listing on exchangers. Many projects that sell tokens through ICO have not been listed on exchangers within months after the ICO period ends. IEO provides an opportunity for new investors to invest in new projects without worrying that the developer team will escape the funds from the sale
Activity: 505
August 29, 2019, 06:40:44 PM
In my understanding, investing on IEO's gives the investors a positive viewpoint that the project they're investing in is most likely to become successful thus making their investment a fruitful one. Another thing in IEO, the tokens of the project were already available on the exchange - thus completely eliminating the fear and frustration of the investor brought about by the thought that the investment may not make it or be listed in an exchange.
However, the wisest thing to do before investing be it in ICO or IEO is a thorough diligence so as not to waste our time and hard earned money.

Activity: 854
Merit: 101
August 27, 2019, 01:30:52 PM
Project team now are offering public sales through IEO to regain the trust of investors.
In this IEO they are using EXCHANGES to be part of that sales.
But not all IEO must be trusted, you should choose a good exchange also for your own security.
And dont forget to review and make research of the project offered before investing any amount.
Activity: 235
Merit: 16
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
August 27, 2019, 12:41:32 PM
I haven't seen a successful IEO token that is rising above the coinmarketcap top 100. Maybe the IEO is just a another kind of flop and scam as well. But this gives opportunities to small exchanges to be known if the project is well presented and gets the interest of people that will participate, so this is a win-win situation for both exchange and the project. But as I've said there are still no top IEO tokens and it disappoints me because it was overly hyped by those wannabe crypto experts that doesn't really concern on the crypto but only the money they could possibly earn.
Pages:
Jump to: