Pages:
Author

Topic: Your opinions on IEOs - page 5. (Read 1841 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 1
August 25, 2019, 02:06:47 PM
Recently, I've seen a lot of positive press regarding IEOs. After all, Binance is already successfully running them, giving ICO projects a chance to shine and many other exchanges are following suit.
My personal opinion is that IEOs should be discouraged. Firstly, it gives more and more power to these centralised exchanges, who are able to charge higher, more ridiculous listing fees for coins as well as extremely large payments to hold IEOs. Their vested interests in this way mean they are less likely to care about vetting projects that may be untrustworthy, leading to even more irresponsible behaviour.

Exchanges are already making far too much from listing fees, so IEOs on top are completely unnecessary. While they are good promotion for coins, such practices cannot be good in the long-term.
Instead, the focus should be easy-to-use decentralised exchanges which don't require intrusive KYC/AML and are much less likely to be corrupt/ill-willed if some DAO-like structure is in place. While blockchain technology has made the storage of data much safer, what is the point if thousands of crypto exchanges hold endless amounts of data on the customers in the same way banks do? The only thing changing is who owns the data, so privacy has not improved. And as crypto adoption increases, so will regulation of exchanges.
We don't want to end up in a situation where to trade any meaningful amount of crypto you have to send your name, address, ID, and bank account details to some exchange which can do whatever it likes with your data.

Your thoughts?

Well, the whole idea of a centralized exchange is against the true vision of satoshi Nakamoto of creating a decentralized financial system for the entire world where no single server is in the control of the money flow amd other financial processes but then again,  the invention of IEO created a viable means for project startups to easily raise fund for project development as the use of ico for raising fund was gradually dying.

The thing is, not only the startups projects are happy about IEO invention, even the investors are happy, as the two party is majorly concerned with making profit rathan than providing real life solutions which this project promises in their whitepaper.

I think IEO'S should not be discouraged because its re-image cryptocurrency investment giving hope to the crypto community after the great downfall of every coins and alts in the market that profits can still be make.  The bottom line is, investors are bagging profits from investing on ieos, projects onwers are raising missions and the exchanges are gaining huge profits too.

Everyone is happy
Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
August 25, 2019, 12:19:35 AM
IEO is a different way that ICO operates differently Generally IEO is a stoke exchange method that allows us to know about a project's future exchange in advance. In fact on the other hand IEO helps token sales and investors are now more globalizing the IEO as they pledge to invest.
copper member
Activity: 350
August 24, 2019, 11:50:11 PM
IEO is a more secured method of investment for investors as it ensures that the funds are raised by a reputable third party which in this case is the cryptocurrency exchange. The IEO also guarantee that the tokens would be listed after the successful tokensales. This has made more people willing to invest in an IEO arrangement as compared to the ICO.
Activity: 266
Merit: 4
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
August 24, 2019, 11:31:57 PM
IEO is an improved way for token sales of late due to its structure made to deliver a certain good level of security and convenience on an exchange platform. However, there good exchanges with good market which facilitate rapid sales especially IEO on Binance, Kucoin, Coinbene etc get the opportunity to be seen by large crypto investors due to its large user base.
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 2
August 24, 2019, 11:01:02 PM
IEO seems to be the new method of fund raising for projects after investors lost trust in ICO's. IEO is a more expensive approach since the project have to make payment for the services offered by their chosen exchange which in most cases is a huge sum, but in my opinion, the IEO is a better option to reduce some set backs associated with ICO's.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
August 24, 2019, 09:09:57 PM
About kyc and aml, some ICO make it compulsory because they want to abide by the regulations of the country in which they are based. And this is the reason why many of them mandate it irrespective of who you are. About IEO it is no longer news that it doesn't determine the success of any project. The only reason why people believe it at first is that it might reduce the scamming rate that is very common in ICO but this reason has be contradicted as we have seen some bad exchange platform that promote scam project
In addition, KYC is also used to secure the ownership of funds that we have on the exchange, I think it does not matter if it has become the terms and conditions on the exchange. We just need to understand the risks.
Ieo is also at risk as well as ICO. As you said, there are a lot of new exchanges that offer IEO for less good projects and tend to be scams, I think they just want to catch up to IEO's popularity. So if you want to join IEO, choose a big and trusted market like Binance, Okex, etc. The risk of loss is always there, at least if there is a scam, the exchange will be responsible for maintaining their credibility.

ICO or IEO have the same risk because every investment has inherent risks. In the end it all depends on projects that are able to produce products, if a project after the fundraising stage fails to produce a product, even though the sale of tokens through the IEO method, will certainly be abandoned by the investors
Activity: 1246
Merit: 285
August 24, 2019, 07:45:25 PM
About kyc and aml, some ICO make it compulsory because they want to abide by the regulations of the country in which they are based. And this is the reason why many of them mandate it irrespective of who you are. About IEO it is no longer news that it doesn't determine the success of any project. The only reason why people believe it at first is that it might reduce the scamming rate that is very common in ICO but this reason has be contradicted as we have seen some bad exchange platform that promote scam project
In addition, KYC is also used to secure the ownership of funds that we have on the exchange, I think it does not matter if it has become the terms and conditions on the exchange. We just need to understand the risks.
Ieo is also at risk as well as ICO. As you said, there are a lot of new exchanges that offer IEO for less good projects and tend to be scams, I think they just want to catch up to IEO's popularity. So if you want to join IEO, choose a big and trusted market like Binance, Okex, etc. The risk of loss is always there, at least if there is a scam, the exchange will be responsible for maintaining their credibility.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
United Crowd
August 24, 2019, 07:16:28 PM
IEO is only an evolution of ICO, but in terms of certainty coins will be able to enter the market and can be traded already guaranteed. if the privacy problem is user data, then there must be mutual trust.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
August 24, 2019, 04:42:57 PM
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
August 24, 2019, 04:15:33 PM
IEO is not sustainable but it's one of the things that makes crypto great again. It could still have its  spark for another year but my worries are the first IEO altcoin that are listed and going to be forgotten so fast. People are in it for quick roi so if you are unlucky for buying a crap project when it gets listed then you are doomed. Those who got it on those lotteries are the real winners of these new scheme.
We are witnessing the outcome since many investors and are aiming for quick results and not willing to work with the project, even a solid plan won't let the token to progress it will ends up nothing, especially those who's been offers from not so known exchange, the chance of surviving is too small and the possibilities to become pump and dump is very high.
Activity: 616
August 24, 2019, 04:08:43 PM
Binance IEOs are good investors always profitable. Other IEOs not profitable but gives instant listing of tokens on exchanges I like IEOs only on Binance if lottery ticket is claimed for the IEO exercise.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
www.Artemis.co
August 24, 2019, 03:36:43 PM
Recently, I've seen a lot of positive press regarding IEOs. After all, Binance is already successfully running them, giving ICO projects a chance to shine and many other exchanges are following suit.
My personal opinion is that IEOs should be discouraged. Firstly, it gives more and more power to these centralised exchanges, who are able to charge higher, more ridiculous listing fees for coins as well as extremely large payments to hold IEOs.

Business is about making profit. The world is a capitalist place and people do not mostly care about what affects others. Mind you, it was the failure and  scams common with ICO that gave rise to IEOs. Am not sure any exchange will receive fine for running an IEO, unless regulations are put in place to checkmate the entire industry.
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
August 24, 2019, 03:08:24 PM
IEOs are good if they come from Binance. Because there are a few exchanges launched this year to provide a market for the coins they believe in (or probably involved with).
Activity: 60
August 24, 2019, 03:06:02 PM
In Perlin (binance ieo) we trust.  Grin
Btw, I heard there was a tokensale of perlin futures, i.e. someone was selling tokens before official ieo started. Some exchange. And I heard it went smoothly.
Activity: 742
Merit: 11
August 24, 2019, 02:57:41 PM
IEO is one of the good thing happen this 2019, it creates a hype on crypto community but unfortunately it feels like IEO is being misuse on the early stage like scam one of the exchange and it was not successful just like the ICO.
Activity: 158
Merit: 0
August 24, 2019, 02:44:43 PM
ieo is better than ico because investor instantly sold there token/coin in high price.
Activity: 826
Merit: 105
Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!
August 02, 2019, 03:08:53 PM
As I agreed with your thoughts about IEO and I would like to highlight one thing more that is IEO successful and profitable only big exchanges and most of projects launching their IEO on small exchanges that is not successful investors point of view and price is lower than IEO after launch. 
Already, many talk about their failures at IEO. Here is an example, bought the next day, growth started, I wanted to sell, but the account crashed out, and the order could not be put. So this turns out to be cons too.
Activity: 980
Merit: 252
August 24, 2019, 12:19:13 PM
Their vested interests in this way mean they are less likely to care about vetting projects that may be untrustworthy, leading to even more irresponsible behaviour.
Name at least one project  that was conducted by the exchange Binance,which was unreliable? Personally, my opinion-for exchange Binance reputation is more important than the tolerance on the stock exchange of unverified and unreliable project.In General, my answer - the top exchange will be interested in conducting a good and proven IEO project.For small and medium exchange-IEO-a way to attract users to exchange,and additional earnings.
Activity: 189
airdrop-pepe.art
July 31, 2019, 04:37:58 AM
As I agreed with your thoughts about IEO and I would like to highlight one thing more that is IEO successful and profitable only big exchanges and most of projects launching their IEO on small exchanges that is not successful investors point of view and price is lower than IEO after launch. 
Activity: 994
Merit: 101
August 24, 2019, 11:45:37 AM
My personal opinion is that IEOs should be discouraged. Firstly, it gives more and more power to these centralised exchanges, who are able to charge higher, more ridiculous listing fees for coins as well as extremely large payments to hold IEOs. Their vested interests in this way mean they are less likely to care about vetting projects that may be untrustworthy, leading to even more irresponsible behaviour.

People trust IEO now days because they tired of losing their money on investing ICO project. Anyone can create a fake project in ICO and they can loot people money easily. But It's tough to do that in IEO. It's true centralized exchanges are take their advantage for that. But in my personal opinion i want to invest on a good project and wanna profit from it. I don't wanna invest on a shit project which available in ICO. (Not all but most of them)

We don't want to end up in a situation where to trade any meaningful amount of crypto you have to send your name, address, ID, and bank account details to some exchange which can do whatever it likes with your data.

I can agree with that. KYC or AML is the worst thing in whole crypto industry. Even if someone want to participant a bounty project they also want KYC. Of course they want because of reduce scam participant but doesn't matter what is that given a personal information is not suitable in crypto industry.
Pages:
Jump to: