Pages:
Author

Topic: Your perception of INDIA in ONE word... GO!! - page 4. (Read 5667 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
aryan

Aryan Huh?? Then What about Dravidian ? Dravidian belongs to the southern part of India. The history of the southern part of India covers a span of over four thousand years during which the region saw the rise and fall of a number of dynasties and empires. The period of known history of the region begins with the Iron age (1200 BCE to 24 BCE) period until the 14th century CE. Dynasties of Satavahana, Chola, Chalukya, Pallava, Rashtrakuta, Kakatiya and Hoysala were at their peak during various periods of history.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252

There are many animals that humans take milk from, and many animals that are more empathetic or intelligent than cows.  I do find it interesting that psyilocybin mushrooms grow from cow poop, which when consumed allows one to have a "mystical" experience.  Some religious folks would consider this a divine experience, for which the cow was the vessel to see god.

Interesting! Being an Indian and a brahmin I never knew about this, kindly educate me more about the misconceptions you foreigners have about my country and my religion. If anything, I'll get a good laugh out of it.

PS : In India the only animal milk that has been traditionally consumed is cow milk. Its not only about milk either, cows are the backbone of the Indian farmer, traditionally and even today cows and bullocks are used to plough the field. Like I said its a cultural thing.

Well my background is Indian/Brahmin/Hindu as well, although I am not religious.  There is not a single Indian person that I have ever talked to that had a good explanation for the sacred cow aside from that being the conditioned environment they are used to, but maybe you'll be that person.

I understand the usefulness of cows, along with many other animals around the world.  So explain why the cow can't be killed and the rest can?

Maybe it would also help to say where you've traveled, to better understand your perspective.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

Tata

Activity: 574
Merit: 506
Anthill.

This is by far the most bizarre one.

Yet, it pinpoints outsiders perspective of India quite precisely. You see masses of hard working people in less, than cozy environment adding wealth little by little every day. When some of them perish, they are immediately replaced by readily available personell.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Rich girls always fall in love with poor boys ( Bollywood Movies ).

You really catch the point, I gotcha what you think Cheesy, yes me too disagree with the movies they make. So much so I have seen south Indian movies and found that Tea Boy fall in love with a Educated lady doctor, sorry Rich, educated lady doctor Cheesy and will make that girl go crazy on him, the bugging drama part is that, Boy is very ugly and that girl is very beautiful.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
So after reading about some of the appalling views and perception of my country from my other thread that deals with the unification of my country; I decided to make this new thread much more fun and engaging.

Consider this a No holds barred - Express your perception of INDIA in ONE WORD.

Each person will have only 1 post and 1 word to describe. Keep it fun and light hearted and no there will be no fatwa issued or any shiv sena attack launched against you.

Why Politics & Society ?

This is a social experiment of sorts to understand the prevailing social perception of my country India, worldwide.

Why this experiment ?

I plan to create a few anti popular-media videos to challenge the mindset that most outsiders have developed about India.

(If you came here from my twitter handle & you are not on the forum this is a good opportunity for you to sign up & let your voice be heard)

By the way, if you are seeking honest, useful input, then why limit feedback to only one word?
(I read part of the thread, sorry if this was already talked about...)

Its a psychological thing. I am looking to get the most prevailing image that pops up in someone's head when they think of India. I think that is an honest approach. I dont want a Supergirl 6 minutes first look lol
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
So after reading about some of the appalling views and perception of my country from my other thread that deals with the unification of my country; I decided to make this new thread much more fun and engaging.

Each person will have only 1 post and 1 word to describe. Keep it fun and light hearted and no there will be no fatwa issued or any shiv sena attack launched against you.

Why Politics & Society ?

This is a social experiment of sorts to understand the prevailing social perception of my country India, worldwide.

Why this experiment ?

I plan to create a few anti popular-media videos to challenge the mindset that most outsiders have developed about India.

(If you came here from my twitter handle & you are not on the forum this is a good opportunity for you to sign up & let your voice be heard)

By the way, if you are seeking honest, useful input, then why limit feedback to only one word?

Maybe because he doesn't want stories in this thread and want it to be brief. Maybe he wants some adjectives that could be attached with India  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!

Why Politics & Society ?

Why this experiment ?

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Dell
www.V.systems
It is socially acceptable to poop on the ground pretty much anywhere and it is the norm to wipe your butt with your bare hand.

This is pretty darn laughable. We dont poop on the ground lol anyone who told you that is a numbskull. And we wash our butt with our own hands, with the keyword being WASH as in with water, unlike most westerners who just wipe it with paper & forget about it, I wonder how you guys even get through the day.

No wonder you didnt understand the simple rule of using ONE WORD.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
as you said to express in one word..
the best word that i find to express india is  "secular"
www.V.systems

There are many animals that humans take milk from, and many animals that are more empathetic or intelligent than cows.  I do find it interesting that psyilocybin mushrooms grow from cow poop, which when consumed allows one to have a "mystical" experience.  Some religious folks would consider this a divine experience, for which the cow was the vessel to see god.

Interesting! Being an Indian and a brahmin I never knew about this, kindly educate me more about the misconceptions you foreigners have about my country and my religion. If anything, I'll get a good laugh out of it.

PS : In India the only animal milk that has been traditionally consumed is cow milk. Its not only about milk either, cows are the backbone of the Indian farmer, traditionally and even today cows and bullocks are used to plough the field. Like I said its a cultural thing.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
bollywood i guess

i think (but i could be wrong) that there is too much religion going on, there

Exactly. I am here in India for sometime right now, and I find everywhere people who are too much religious. A lot of temples and lesser of churches. People are hard into their religion. Impressive
Activity: 182
It is socially acceptable to poop on the ground pretty much anywhere and it is the norm to wipe your butt with your bare hand.
Err, is the topic not clear enough to you? It said to describe india in one word only.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
bollywood i guess

i think (but i could be wrong) that there is too much religion going on, there
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Cow   Wink

lol, where did you get that from?
My father told me about this...

Or it's a joke that some people in India think cow is a holy creature because of their religion...

Its not a joke. Its equivalent to what some catholic christians consider bread & wine to be the flesh & blood of jesus.

The idea is Cow gives milk just like a mother gives milk and hence a cow is equivalent to mother. Its not equivalent to calling someone's mother as a cow or whatever thats BS.

In modern India there are people who enjoy beef but slaughter cows are different than the cows you'll find on the streets.

www.V.systems
Cow   Wink

Or it's a joke that some people in India think cow is a holy creature because of their religion...

Its not a joke. Its equivalent to what some catholic christians consider bread & wine to be the flesh & blood of jesus.

The idea is Cow gives milk just like a mother gives milk and hence a cow is equivalent to mother. Its not equivalent to calling someone's mother as a cow or whatever thats BS.

In modern India there are people who enjoy beef but slaughter cows are different than the cows you'll find on the streets.
ah yes, a hindu guy told me about this. He said the same thing like what you said Cheesy

Its a cultural thing. Most people experience a 'culture shock' and get scared easily and everyone knows that once you are afraid of something you start ostracizing it.
Activity: 182
Cow   Wink

ah yes, a hindu guy told me about this. He said the same thing like what you said Cheesy
www.V.systems
Cow   Wink

Pages:
Jump to: