Pages:
Author

Topic: Your perception of INDIA in ONE word... GO!! - page 7. (Read 5667 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
Rich girls always fall in love with poor boys ( Bollywood Movies ).
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Tolerable.  Grin

I am of partial Indian origin, and I have traveled to India many times. Here is my perception about India.

Plus points:

1. Democracy
2. English-speaking (to some extent)
3. Nice weather (in Goa and Kerala)
4. Tasty food
5. Low cost of living

Negative points:

1. Crowded and filthy
2. High crime rate (esp. in North India)
3. Extreme air / water pollution
4. People are somewhat rude. They almost never use words such as "Thanks" or "Please". Also, most of them are hostile to foreigners.
5. A few of the services, such as broadband and electricity are expensive.

My opinion about India is more or less mixed. For me, I would rank India above Pakistan and Bangladesh, but below Bhutan and Sri Lanka.
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
Non-democratic.
BRE
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014
Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations
Crowded
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
Labyrinthine
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
aryan
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
So after reading about some of the appalling views and perception of my country from my other thread that deals with the unification of my country; I decided to make this new thread much more fun and engaging.

Consider this a No holds barred - Express your perception of INDIA in ONE WORD.

Each person will have only 1 post and 1 word to describe. Keep it fun and light hearted and no there will be no fatwa issued or any shiv sena attack launched against you.

Why Politics & Society ?

This is a social experiment of sorts to understand the prevailing social perception of my country India, worldwide.

Why this experiment ?

I plan to create a few anti popular-media videos to challenge the mindset that most outsiders have developed about India.

(If you came here from my twitter handle & you are not on the forum this is a good opportunity for you to sign up & let your voice be heard)
Pages:
Jump to: