Pages:
Author

Topic: Z9 list of working pools/Fork updates - page 7. (Read 36818 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
September 03, 2018, 02:30:29 PM
I left MPH yesterday and moved to Flypool. When Nanopool opened today, I switched over to them.
I'm not completely sure why my profits were lower on MPH, but I have some suggestions.

Firstly, it seems that MPH systematically overestimates ZEN value compared to whattomine. So, MPH will choose to mine ZEN more often than it "should".
Secondly, there is an extra fee for auto-exchange, that I use. It's only 0.2%, but it's not zero.
Thirdly, as for all switch-mining, in the time it takes to mine, confirm, transfer and exchange, the price of the coin may have fallen.
Lastly, the switch algorithm itself may be a culprit. MPH seems to continuously check which coin is the most profitable, but it won't switch until it finds a block of whatever it is mining at the moment. I think this is done to offset the penalty imposed due to the PPLNS payout scheme. But it has a serious backside.  If a coin that MPH mines suddenly gets a big difficulty spike, it won't switch until a block is found, no matter what. I've seen my own miners churning away on a high difficulty ZEC for a couple of hours even when ZEC was at the bottom of the whattomine list.

My theory is that the autoswitch pool is so big on MPH it actually "moves the market".  As soon as MPH identifies a currency for the autoswitchers to move to, about 10MH+ switch to the new currency and spike difficulty just from their move alone.  So the currency from which the autoswitchers moved sees a difficulty drop and those mining that currency still get the benefit.

Just a theory, but I found autoswitch wasn't as good as dedicating to one currency which was consistently overperforming on WTM over the last 24-48hrs.
Activity: 9
September 03, 2018, 09:48:20 AM
Thanks for your information.

Appreciate
Activity: 168
September 03, 2018, 09:40:51 AM
I have 0 rejected shares, the hashrate seems to be accurate on the poolside, just this discarded shares are strange.
i read in another tread that i can ignore them, now whats correct?

Discarded  are fine as long as they are not massively high..
does the pool show you a rejection % if its over 1% reboot the miner or switch pools... that is my advice others may say different, but Z9's have a 0% Diffa rate and very low rejection. just jump onto another pool and trial it out..
September 03, 2018, 09:14:11 AM
I have 0 rejected shares, the hashrate seems to be accurate on the poolside, just this discarded shares are strange.
i read in another tread that i can ignore them, now whats correct?

September 03, 2018, 08:32:30 AM
I'm running my z9 on the Brothers Zclassic Pool and have 3 times more Discarded shares then accepted, whats going wrong or what i'm doing wrong?`

nothing, some pools give rejects.. see page 1 of this thread for working and tested pools
September 03, 2018, 08:25:08 AM
I'm running my z9 on the Brothers Zclassic Pool and have 3 times more Discarded shares then accepted, whats going wrong or what i'm doing wrong?`

Activity: 21
September 02, 2018, 04:24:24 PM
Are there any multi pools (Autoswitch) ZEC, ZCL, ZEN, CMD, HUSH, BTCP?...  All in one shop?
Cheers
Jay

The only auto-switch pool that I know of is Mining Pool Hub (MPH). I've been mining there for the last weeks, but recently my profit is much lower than what I was calculating through whattomine. MPH offers Equihash mining only for ZEC, ZCL and ZEN with auto-exchange to your preferred coin.
I am currently on MPH, what do you thin the reason for the lower profits are?...as per calculation on WTM?...  Are  you still on MPH?.. Its the only autoswitch pool that i know of ZCL ZEN ZEC

I left MPH yesterday and moved to Flypool. When Nanopool opened today, I switched over to them.
I'm not completely sure why my profits were lower on MPH, but I have some suggestions.

Firstly, it seems that MPH systematically overestimates ZEN value compared to whattomine. So, MPH will choose to mine ZEN more often than it "should".
Secondly, there is an extra fee for auto-exchange, that I use. It's only 0.2%, but it's not zero.
Thirdly, as for all switch-mining, in the time it takes to mine, confirm, transfer and exchange, the price of the coin may have fallen.
Lastly, the switch algorithm itself may be a culprit. MPH seems to continuously check which coin is the most profitable, but it won't switch until it finds a block of whatever it is mining at the moment. I think this is done to offset the penalty imposed due to the PPLNS payout scheme. But it has a serious backside.  If a coin that MPH mines suddenly gets a big difficulty spike, it won't switch until a block is found, no matter what. I've seen my own miners churning away on a high difficulty ZEC for a couple of hours even when ZEC was at the bottom of the whattomine list.
Activity: 1
September 02, 2018, 02:14:46 PM
zpool is another one
Activity: 529
Merit: 29
September 02, 2018, 01:29:18 PM
Are there any multi pools (Autoswitch) ZEC, ZCL, ZEN, CMD, HUSH, BTCP?...  All in one shop?
Cheers
Jay

The only auto-switch pool that I know of is Mining Pool Hub (MPH). I've been mining there for the last weeks, but recently my profit is much lower than what I was calculating through whattomine. MPH offers Equihash mining only for ZEC, ZCL and ZEN with auto-exchange to your preferred coin.
I am currently on MPH, what do you thin the reason for the lower profits are?...as per calculation on WTM?...  Are  you still on MPH?.. Its the only autoswitch pool that i know of ZCL ZEN ZEC

Prohashing is another one, never tried though.
September 02, 2018, 10:05:27 AM
Cheers
Jay

September 02, 2018, 09:58:56 AM
Cheers
Jay

September 02, 2018, 09:36:28 AM
Cheers
Jay
September 02, 2018, 09:28:19 AM
Nanopool finally add support for ASIC miners on ZEC

https://twitter.com/nanopool_org/status/1035926979156107265

Great news. Just switched my two minis over, and they are hashing away.
FYI, I set the user on the Z9 pool configuration page as follows: ZCASHADDRESS.WORKERNAME/EMAIL

Edit: email recognized correctly using the above user field. Was just now able to change payment threshold.
Activity: 147
Merit: 1
September 01, 2018, 05:58:27 PM
Nanopool finally add support for ASIC miners on ZEC

https://twitter.com/nanopool_org/status/1035926979156107265

Activity: 35
August 31, 2018, 10:56:16 PM
Any Talk about Batch #2 Nerf Overclocking go to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.45004499
TGJ
Activity: 173
Merit: 5
August 31, 2018, 10:05:19 PM
This thread is to discuss working pools for the Z9.  Undecided
Activity: 504
Merit: 51
August 31, 2018, 07:33:19 PM
All A9 and Z9,
US Customs Duty / Tariff has increased on all miners coming into the USA.
26.5% of the value listed on the import documents.
This really sux.
I had to pay a total of $1223.25 to get five Z9 mini's out of US Customs

Yep. I just had my miner held ransom by UPS for $245 customs fees because of the new tempertariff list President Bone Spurs signed in on 8/23.

They TRIED to tack on another few bucks to raise it to over 270 just overnight! Thankfully I had a picture of the driver's scanner pad showing the amount, and had a text message with a link to the brokerage fees owed. Hearing that they relented and said they'd accept the original amount.

For anyone curious, Antminers and other electronics fall in to the newly formed "Other" section of the HTSUS lists. Prior to 8/23 it was not there. They are not listed specifically, but I'm told customs officers have been told to put basically any electronics device coming out of China into the "Other" section. https://www.exportgenius.in/hs-code/usa/other/hts-code-8543709960

Prior to 8/23/2018, that code grouping it was there, look harder; and go to the proper HTS site instead of a 3rd party, perhaps might would help. So while "antminers" are not specifically listed in the HTS, they are otherwise grouping into a ruling about their specific classification.

On 6/8/2018, it was reclassified to 8543.70.9960 as part of this ruling: https://rulings.cbp.gov/ruling/N297495 which specifically focuses on "Antminer S9" and the "DragonMint". What that ruling really does is establish a precedent for any "ASIC miner" that fits the description in that ruling (which as some detail associated with it).

In that ruling, it was set to be 2.6%. However, on 8/23 a larger set of imports, including 8543.70.9960 gained a 25% tariff.

It's easy to get upset about all of this and not properly research what happened... it took me a while to unravel the paper trail of this classification and tariff... unfortunately, I'm expecting to get hit for 3x Z9s @ 25%. :/

-j
Activity: 504
Merit: 51
August 31, 2018, 07:26:51 PM
I'm logging my experience with a Z9 Mini and tracking the overheads versus revenues:

- 44% of breakeven reached after 58 days (& 1/3 of the hash power).
 - DIY silencer works surprisingly well.

https://steemit.com/mining/@unfairfunfair/mining-zcash-with-the-antminer-z9-mini-part-5-progress-update-and-silencing

This is roughly where I'm at, also... as of 3 days ago, 45.86% recovered with 12 running. If I were to include the misc. costs for housing them, venting them, getting air to them, etc. it would probably be closer to 38-40%.

Are you basing this off Fiat valuation or crypto valuation?

That was fiat at the point of mining; i have separately tracked +/- in market. In reality, I should track/post only as a function of coin count.
Activity: 1
August 31, 2018, 06:40:09 PM
All A9 and Z9,
This really sux.

Yep. I just had my miner held ransom by UPS for $245 customs fees because of the new tempertariff list President Bone Spurs signed in on 8/23.

They TRIED to tack on another few bucks to raise it to over 270 just overnight! Thankfully I had a picture of the driver's scanner pad showing the amount, and had a text message with a link to the brokerage fees owed. Hearing that they relented and said they'd accept the original amount.

For anyone curious, Antminers and other electronics fall in to the newly formed "Other" section of the HTSUS lists. Prior to 8/23 it was not there. They are not listed specifically, but I'm told customs officers have been told to put basically any electronics device coming out of China into the "Other" section. https://www.exportgenius.in/hs-code/usa/other/hts-code-8543709960
Activity: 81
Merit: 2
August 31, 2018, 03:59:39 PM
All A9 and Z9,
This really sux.

Follow the news much?
Trump tariffs - 25% on goods made in China.  (aka Make America Great again.)

Round 1 was a few months ago and didn't affect us much.  
Round 2 started Aug 23 added some high tech items - not all  but a lot of it is unclear.  
Round 3 expected to start in October and covers everything else made in China.

If you think this is bad, wait until you see what it does to WalMart after Round 3.

BTW  Not all US Antminer importers are getting hit with the tariff.  Perhaps it depends on the mood of the customs agent. Sad

Looks like I lost that lottery. Got hit today $641 in import duties for 4 Z9 minis (used coupons)
Pages:
Jump to: