Pages:
Author

Topic: Z9 list of working pools/Fork updates - page 8. (Read 36856 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 4
August 31, 2018, 03:32:06 PM
All A9 and Z9,
US Customs Duty / Tariff has increased on all miners coming into the USA.
26.5% of the value listed on the import documents.
This really sux.
I had to pay a total of $1223.25 to get five Z9 mini's out of US Customs

Follow the news much?
Trump tariffs - 25% on goods made in China.  (aka Make America Great again.)

Round 1 was a few months ago and didn't affect us much. 
Round 2 started Aug 23 added some high tech items - not all  but a lot of it is unclear. 
Round 3 expected to start in October and covers everything else made in China.

If you think this is bad, wait until you see what it does to WalMart after Round 3.

BTW  Not all US Antminer importers are getting hit with the tariff.  Perhaps it depends on the mood of the customs agent. Sad

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
August 31, 2018, 03:00:21 PM
All A9 and Z9,
US Customs Duty / Tariff has increased on all miners coming into the USA.
26.5% of the value listed on the import documents.
This really sux.
I had to pay a total of $1223.25 to get five Z9 mini's out of US Customs
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
August 30, 2018, 12:14:22 PM
I'm logging my experience with a Z9 Mini and tracking the overheads versus revenues:

- 44% of breakeven reached after 58 days (& 1/3 of the hash power).
 - DIY silencer works surprisingly well.

https://steemit.com/mining/@unfairfunfair/mining-zcash-with-the-antminer-z9-mini-part-5-progress-update-and-silencing

This is roughly where I'm at, also... as of 3 days ago, 45.86% recovered with 12 running. If I were to include the misc. costs for housing them, venting them, getting air to them, etc. it would probably be closer to 38-40%.

Are you basing this off Fiat valuation or crypto valuation?
Activity: 504
Merit: 51
August 30, 2018, 11:20:07 AM
I'm logging my experience with a Z9 Mini and tracking the overheads versus revenues:

- 44% of breakeven reached after 58 days (& 1/3 of the hash power).
 - DIY silencer works surprisingly well.

https://steemit.com/mining/@unfairfunfair/mining-zcash-with-the-antminer-z9-mini-part-5-progress-update-and-silencing

This is roughly where I'm at, also... as of 3 days ago, 45.86% recovered with 12 running. If I were to include the misc. costs for housing them, venting them, getting air to them, etc. it would probably be closer to 38-40%.
Activity: 168
August 30, 2018, 08:33:57 AM
i heard they locked overclock ( sad/

Make sense to lock it. Buy 3xZ9mini = 2450$ and normal Z9 = 3184. So mini's would be cheaper and faster then the Z9.

The 'lock' is FUD. Someone already reported in the main thread that they were able to over-clock it.
I have August delivery coming today, are you saying we can overclock them the same as batch 1?.. just go into advanced settings?...is it FUD that they have changed/locked?..
I have seen someone on youtube saying that the advanced settings tab is removed and something about balanced is there now...
Thank you

I don't have mine yet, but this was reported in the main Z9 mini thread.

Here is a fix for Z9mini locked overclocking: https://youtu.be/XI31hHhvYzA
Some units are same as batch 1, no problem at all, others have these strange locked "balance" and "turbo" settings which is only 500m and 550m, meh.

that's a good share mate thank you.. had one running all night at 656 and one board went to a row of xxxx rebooted and it seems fine but why the cut out???... strange..
Activity: 4
Merit: 5
August 30, 2018, 07:18:33 AM

Make sense to lock it. Buy 3xZ9mini = 2450$ and normal Z9 = 3184. So mini's would be cheaper and faster then the Z9.

The 'lock' is FUD. Someone already reported in the main thread that they were able to over-clock it.
I have August delivery coming today, are you saying we can overclock them the same as batch 1?.. just go into advanced settings?...is it FUD that they have changed/locked?..
I have seen someone on youtube saying that the advanced settings tab is removed and something about balanced is there now...
Thank you

Here is a fix for Z9mini locked overclocking: https://youtu.be/XI31hHhvYzA
Some units are same as batch 1, no problem at all, others have these strange locked "balance" and "turbo" settings which is only 500m and 550m, meh.
Activity: 50
August 30, 2018, 02:50:49 AM
Is the Bitcoin Interest Official pool this site?

https://pool.bci-server.com/
Activity: 434
Merit: 52
August 28, 2018, 07:48:55 PM
Ok my 2 have been running side by side on 1 x Bitmain PSU and the new one is not wanting to be turned up to 750 like my old one... the hash just dropped off to zero within minuets... had to back it off to 600 the creaped it up to 675.. where its pulling 14.8 sols... could it be power that is not allowing it to be at 750?? il put it on its own PSU and see if it will run 750 ?.....

I think, each unit has slightly different OC ability, so one may run fine at 750, another may do only 700. That's my experience.

Yup. I have one of the very first batch and it maxes at 718/roughy 15.5ksol/h. Hashrate drops off if I go higher.
Activity: 98
Merit: 4
August 28, 2018, 06:34:54 PM
Hi,
New member!
Don't have a screencapture yet!

These are my findngs:

I voided my guarantee and removed the backplate (with small holes) completely !!!

Doing 750 MHz with original fan in auto-mode.
Doing an avarage of 16.28 KSol/s.
My ambient room temp about 23-26 Celsius depending sunny or not (+ summer).
My temp normaly about (PCB) 49-53 C and (Chip) 63-67 C.
Fan speed normaly between 3600 - 3720 rpm.

If anyone of you already voided your guarantee like me perhaps you could try doing what I have done and for everyone else confirm / dismiss my findings.

Just sharing own experiences !

(already posted this in other thread but think it might be of interest here also)
August 28, 2018, 01:09:17 PM
Ok my 2 have been running side by side on 1 x Bitmain PSU and the new one is not wanting to be turned up to 750 like my old one... the hash just dropped off to zero within minuets... had to back it off to 600 the creaped it up to 675.. where its pulling 14.8 sols... could it be power that is not allowing it to be at 750?? il put it on its own PSU and see if it will run 750 ?.....

I think, each unit has slightly different OC ability, so one may run fine at 750, another may do only 700. That's my experience.
I agree there buddy..  i just found the sweet spot on the new one and its 681 @ 15.1 sols
Activity: 531
Merit: 29
August 28, 2018, 01:05:44 PM

August 28, 2018, 12:44:57 PM

Thank you

The video below this guy is talking about a patch in miner firmware...but its unclear how to do it...
I just downloaded from Bitmain the may firmware for the Z9 mini ....maybe that will have the advanced settings frequency tab
I have one coming today too... proof is in the pudding i guess..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6b00mUSr9Y

OK ITS TROLL INFO.... I just plugged me Z9 mini in and its the same as my batch 1 miner ... advanced settings and 750 the thing
yes, same as mine.. I guess bitmain shipped 2 different version for the 2nd batch of z9 minis

Activity: 373
Merit: 254
August 28, 2018, 09:11:29 AM

Thank you

The video below this guy is talking about a patch in miner firmware...but its unclear how to do it...
I just downloaded from Bitmain the may firmware for the Z9 mini ....maybe that will have the advanced settings frequency tab

OK ITS TROLL INFO.... I just plugged me Z9 mini in and its the same as my batch 1 miner ... advanced settings and 750 the thing
yes, same as mine.. I guess bitmain shipped 2 different version for the 2nd batch of z9 minis
August 28, 2018, 09:07:26 AM

Thank you

August 28, 2018, 08:41:38 AM

Thank you

August 28, 2018, 08:23:00 AM

Thank you

August 28, 2018, 08:02:34 AM

Thank you
August 28, 2018, 07:46:17 AM

Activity: 262
Merit: 101
August 28, 2018, 07:34:33 AM

Activity: 90
August 28, 2018, 07:27:23 AM
Pages:
Jump to: