Pages:
Author

Topic: [ZEC] ZCASH - All coins are created equal. Discussion Thread (Unofficial) - page 32. (Read 161796 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Hmm, why would Wikileaks choose to accept ZCash prior to adding Monero support?
Because ZEC is better. JPMorgan, Ethereum, Wikileaks, Greyscale invest all choose Zcash over Monero.
Activity: 432
Merit: 251
Disclosure: CoinDesk is a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which has an ownership stake in Zerocoin Electric Company, the developer of zcash.

Roll Eyes
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
Non-profit media group Wikileaks has announced that it is now accepting donations in the privacy-oriented cryptocurrency zcash.

The information sharing site revealed that it would take the new payment option in a tweet earlier today, making zcash the third cryptocurrency it will accept for donations following bitcoin and litecoin.

Zcash was notably included as one of the options in a poll the nonprofit held on Twitter at the start of the month. Of the options presented – monero, zcash and ethereum (misspelled as "etherium" ) – zcash garnered 11 percent of the 12,204 votes submitted, compared to 21 percent for monero and 45 percent for ethereum. Twenty-three percent opted for "other."

https://www.coindesk.com/wikileaks-now-accepting-zcash-donations/
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
BTC donations: 123TimMrhvumKz3ryW33uhb7M7QHWMgMPm
Hmm, why would Wikileaks choose to accept ZCash prior to adding Monero support?
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Wikileaks is now accepting Zcash donations. Non-profit media group Wikileaks has announced that it is now accepting donations in the privacy-oriented cryptocurrency ZCash.
The information sharing site revealed that it would take the new payment option in a tweet earlier today. The news makes zcash the third cryptocurrency Wikileaks will accept for donations, joining bitcoin and litecoin.
Activity: 401
Merit: 104
I am quite optimist about the future of this coin . Buying the dips should in the end pay.  Hopefully there will not be dips forever though... Smiley
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
Dash, zec, eth and cash always will probably cost the same, you have to sell from them what is more expensive and buy something that is cheaper
Activity: 966
Merit: 264
Because of the growing attention towards the Zcash (ZEC) cryptocurrency, EXMO exchange reports the launching of trades in four currency pairs at a time: ZEC/BTC, ZEC/USD, ZEC/EUR, ZEC/RUB.

28th July, EXMO cryptocurrency exchange expanded its list of financial instruments, having integrated Zcash (ZEC) cryptocurrency, whose total market capitalization is estimated at $302,700,000. The cryptocurrency has gained users’ attention and trust because of the high degree of anonymity of transactions in the system and the simplicity of its mining.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/exmo-integrates-zcash-cryptocurrency/
Activity: 150
PM me for posting ANN.
Activity: 401
Merit: 104
Perhaps ZEC should stars some new bounty campaign to get the message to the people. For prices to grow the community has first to grow.
Activity: 369
I don't know if it is just me or not but the hype with anonymity surrounding ZEC has diminished somewhat Undecided

Is there any real development of the coin going on or is all just hearsay ?
PM me for posting ANN.
Poloniex has removed yellow banner and now you can withdraw or deposit Zcash.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
so..there is no actual issue with zec? only polo with an imaginary problem?
No, polo doesn't have anyone working for them that knows their ass from a hole in the ground lately, not imaginary at all
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
so..there is no actual issue with zec? only polo with an imaginary problem?
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
All I know is, Poloniex has finally made me do what I've been meaning to do for a while now, and that's to point all my miners to Bittrex. So far so good.

Guess I got tired of delays in BTC withdrawals along with other unexplained happenings on Poloniex.  its a shame as they were considered top shelf at one time.

Maybe they need better code writers/programmers IDK, but with that kind of volume they should be employing the best. To cheap?

To allow a problem like this to linger on with ZEC deposits/withdrawals, is inexcusable.
PM me for posting ANN.
Why does the ZCASH team not bother to have a thread on Bitcointalk? Is it a kind of snobbish or what?

They post all important information on their official forum and twitter account.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
Why does the ZCASH team not bother to have a thread on Bitcointalk? Is it a kind of snobbish or what?
Activity: 294
hi,I come from China, We bought ZEC from yunbi.com,Prices have fallen a lot lately,Why?

Everthings down and theres a good chance the up comming BTC UASF is at least partially responsable, I'm no expert but I'm guessing there are a lot of people both converting to BTC to (maybe) cash in if there is a split and others completely cashing out to fiat in case all hell breaks loose in the comming month.
PM me for posting ANN.
Zcash Co Issues Statement On Poloniex Situation

On 7 July, 2017 we became aware that the cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex had disabled their Zcash wallet. We are not currently aware of any issue with the Zcash network. We monitor the Zcash network ourselves by running a few full nodes (out of the many full nodes currently running on the network). We are also constantly in communication with the Zcash community — the many markets and wallets, miners, developers, and users. We've reached out to Poloniex to ask if they are having an issue that we can help with.
Activity: 294
I checked the post in Poloniex saying that there's an ongoing maintenance and that will have an affect deposits and withdrawal. Any news when this maintenance will be completed and if there really is an ongoing maintenance? I see in Poloniex its not only ZEC have this message there are other alt coins too.

My experience with Polo in the past has been if you ask whats going on you will get silence untill about 2 days after everything has gone back to normal at which point you will get some generic response which, in this case, would be something like "We were doing mantenance on the wallet and it is now complete" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apparently even the zCash team doesn't know what they are doing: https://forum.z.cash/t/polo-zec-wallet-disable/18793/9

I did see Bittrex claiming a possible vulnerability in the Z family that they were investigating so they took their wallets offline as a precaution but they also said their zCash wallet would probably be re-enabled soon so dunno if thats related or what, because the Polo wallet has been offline for ages.
Pages:
Jump to: