Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 159. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
All Very Valid Points, Sir LION

All Knights , Please make your Voices heard on the Current topic in the War Room in the Official ZEIT Forum.

Cool

Where is "the War Room in the Official ZEIT Forum"?

Plus where is "the Official ZEIT Forum"?

https://forum.zeit-coin.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15195&start=175&sid=cb8c6bc6e70136adf891f1ebe735125b

Smiley

Thanks for that. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

All Knights , Please make your Voices heard on the Current topic in the War Room in the Official ZEIT Forum.

Cool

https://forum.zeit-coin.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15195&start=175&sid=cb8c6bc6e70136adf891f1ebe735125b

Smiley
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
i will check in later for some reason the official forum is blocked at my work  Angry

Cool

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

ZEITKnights Assemble!

Cool
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
For the record, I don't have access to our twitter account.

I do share admin of our FB page with Ray, and have endeavoured to keep it updated with 'newsworthy' items.

-----

On other matters, I'm very much AGAINST using the tithes to support putative future knights. I believe something similar was discussed, and rejected, before the first trenche of Knights were appointed & see no justification for changing this policy now.

I've said for a long time that the right way to grow our community is from 'grass roots' i.e. the priority for each Knight is to inform & educate RW people at the local level about the benefits of our fast, energy-efficient, low-cost alternative to the rapidly-failing traditional fiat-based systems.

Following from this, I consider it a total waste of time & resources to attempt any kind of online mass-marketing campaign. Crypto is a complex subject, and needs plenty of time & 1-to-1 educational effort to 'get through' to the sheeple. This situation is not helped by the vast majority of people - even including current 'crypto-fans' - being basically clueless about what 'money' actually is in the first place!

*ACTION POINT* There is a new (free) online course starting on 15th Feb through the University of Nicosia, I know a few have already taken this, HIGHLY recommended for all serious crypto-heads Wink

The problem, as I see it, with the forum, twatter, reddit, FB, etc etc etc is that because there are no problems with the wallet, or network, there is actually very little to say. People are very quick to bawl & shout whenever there is a problem, that's the nature of the web unfortunately. But with the basics running solidly, what is there to talk about? It's a chicken & egg thing - There's a lot we'd like to do but without a lot of money we can't do them. But without doing them, we can't get the money to do them Sad

Which is why I still advocate the Knights concentrating on their local communities, and real-world interactions  - which do not take money, but do require both time & knowledge.

On the subject of 'inflation', the last I heard only around 8% of Zeit are being staked, hence the true inflation rate is (20% of 8%) only 1.6% for 2015/16, which is pretty bloody negligible.

For those paying attention, the global markets in fiat are in a terrible state, there have been trillions of dollars 'lost' in the worst start to a year in history. Wiser heads than mine are warning that 2016 could very well be the 'blood on the streets' total collapse of the old system, so if we are holding our own in comparison this actually equates to rather good relative performance.

Anyone care to put money on where we'll be this time next year?
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
In the Exchange Delisting News

Poloniex.com
On 2/8/2016, the following markets will be delisted: CMNT, HIRO, NXTI, XAI, CHA, OPAL, CYC, URO, UIS, HUGE, PRC, JLH.

No URO, how will anyone buy the Pee Pee coin Now?

Sorry , could'nt help myself.  Cheesy

Cool

Grin
 kiklo is writing about delisted coin , lol
someday you will write about listed coins at polo, and Zeit will be also there  Wink
remember that!!!  Cool

Do not worry, the Knights ensure that the on Poloniex ZEIT be forever and a day longer Wink
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
Et voilà, I added info about ZEIT Knight to the only field that I am allowed to edit atm (due to contractual clauses).
Thanks for pointing that. It costs nothing, and I believe every ZEIT Knight can do that.
As for suggestions: mine is to make alive the official twitter account - it has been silent for too long.
I also second the idea that from the part of the funds we soon collect from Knights we could fund some actions to attract new users.

Hmm,
Ray or Lion has the info on the twitter account, if you want to take that over.
So are you thinking Bounties for some actions like links or something other?

Si tu id aeficas, ei venient

Cool

FYI:
Instead of Bounties, why not use it to help any New Knights that are close to becoming Knights,
say we got some a few million short, if all 14 of the current knights donate their 10% to Ray's Fund, he could top them off as it were so they meet the 100 million requirement.
We could do it like so , all of the Knights that have the Full 100 Million are verified Normally.
Anyone less than 100 million , we verify their current amount , and place their name on a queue list, on the last day of March , we divide the ZEIT collected by the Tithing among those in the Queue, so even if it is not enough to make them a Knight this year, they will be a lot closer for next year.
That would be ~50 million to be divided among the new prospects.
So what does everyone think of this idea?

FYI2:
There would have to be an minimum amount set to be in the Queue list?
Say 70 million minimum and only a Max of 14 slots available on the Queue list for the 2016.
These Numbers are up for discussions.

sure, I could help with the official twitter. Not that I am spending the time there constantly, but a short message or a contest from time to time to our community would be a good thing to have. As for Knights' pot (Ray's found), just calculating it roughly we can count with 30-40 millions. If we want to get that money for some already running projects (development?), some bounties? then we won't have that much to support many Knights-to-be with missing funds (some), if at all. I suppose that should be subject to a debate among Knights: first we make proposals of the projects and then we vote how to divide the funds among them.
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
huge amount of CNY being pumped into alts on btc38 and jubi. shame zeitcoin isnt on a chinese exchange!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

Poloniex.com
On 2/8/2016, the following markets will be delisted: CMNT, HIRO, NXTI, XAI, CHA, OPAL, CYC, URO, UIS, HUGE, PRC, JLH.

Cool

Grin
 kiklo is writing about delisted coin , lol
someday you will write about listed coins at polo, and Zeit will be also there  Wink
remember that!!!  Cool
legendary

Poloniex.com

Cool

legendary
Et voilà, I added info about ZEIT Knight to the only field that I am allowed to edit atm (due to contractual clauses).
Thanks for pointing that. It costs nothing, and I believe every ZEIT Knight can do that.
As for suggestions: mine is to make alive the official twitter account - it has been silent for too long.
I also second the idea that from the part of the funds we soon collect from Knights we could fund some actions to attract new users.

Hmm,
Ray or Lion has the info on the twitter account, if you want to take that over.
So are you thinking Bounties for some actions like links or something other?

Si tu id aeficas, ei venient

Cool

FYI:
Instead of Bounties, why not use it to help any New Knights that are close to becoming Knights,
say we got some a few million short, if all 14 of the current knights donate their 10% to Ray's Fund, he could top them off as it were so they meet the 100 million requirement.
We could do it like so , all of the Knights that have the Full 100 Million are verified Normally.
Anyone less than 100 million , we verify their current amount , and place their name on a queue list, on the last day of March , we divide the ZEIT collected by the Tithing among those in the Queue, so even if it is not enough to make them a Knight this year, they will be a lot closer for next year.
That would be ~50 million to be divided among the new prospects.
So what does everyone think of this idea?

FYI2:
There would have to be an minimum amount set to be in the Queue list?
Say 70 million minimum and only a Max of 14 slots available on the Queue list for the 2016.
These Numbers are up for discussions.

uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
@UKI,

One easy no cost thing that would help promote ZEIT , is if every Knight at least mentioned ZEIT somewhere on either their
Avatar or Personal Text or Signature. Links back to BTCTalk or the Website would be even better.
Some Knights and community members already do this.

For example your forum profile and signature, only mentions Betcoin .
That way any posts we make in other forums promote ZEIT .

FYI:
This is only a suggestion, as your Forum profile is always your Personal choice.  Smiley

Cool
Et voilà, I added info about ZEIT Knight to the only profile field that I am allowed to edit atm (due to contractual clauses).
legendary
Just another Reason ZEIT will be the Greatest Success Story of this Century!

ZEIT can transfer any amount of ZEIT anywhere in the world at the speed of Lightning!
Transactions fees are basically non-existent compared to other Services.

ZEIT Solves these Issues and unlike PoW coins, our costs to run our network is not caught up in a ASICS Arms race.

ZEIT itself is the mining equipment, which unlike PoW ASICS, will always be Valuable.  Cheesy

Compare with the Current System and their Fee System

Taavet Hinrikus, known for his role as Skype's first employee, was living in London but still receiving his paycheck from Estonia, where Skype is based. Hinrikus' friend Kristo Kaarmann was living in London but sending money back to Estonia to pay a mortgage. Both faced currency issues and hefty fees.

Three years later, the company they built to make low-fee, international fund transfers, TransferWise, is working in more than 20 currencies.

Still, there are other companies working in the international funds transfer industry. PayPal offers an option to convert a payment in a foreign currency.

Western Union says customers can send money "anywhere," starting at a $4.99 fee, although rates vary widely the world over and foreign exchange rates and other service fees still apply.

To send $500 to Greece using Moneygram, for instance, requires a $35 transfer fee and an exchange rate that results in only 362.16 euros being received, if the $35 transfer fee is included in the exchange. If the Moneygram fee is not calculated in the exchange and is instead paid separately, 389.42 euros will be transferred. Had the money been exchanged at current market rate, 406 euros would have been transferred.

Cool

Other Future Uses for ZEIT

Voting Systems
ZEIT Ad Network
ZEIT is Perfect for the MicroPayments Markets.

ZEIT The Best Security System ever Designed.
Lock/Keys systems that require input from ZEIT addresses to unlock.
Basically a Real World Lock, that waits for a certain amount of ZEIT to be sent to unlock it,
Imagine coming home and sending .0007 ZEIT to your house's ZEIT Address to unlock your front door.  
And since it is set to only recognize input from Specific Preset ZEIT Addresses, No one else can use it.
Or sending .0001 ZEIT to your sprinkler system to turn on the sprinklers and .0002 to turn it off.
Could also be used as a Multi Lock requiring multiple people to send ZEIT to open a vault with priceless artwork.
(ZEIT Address & amounts can't be counterfeited.)
legendary
Craptsy has open 30 more Wallets for withdrawals.

They did not have enough sense left to list the wallets, so no idea which ones.  Tongue
Hackers or Vern's Ex-Wife must have taken that too!

Cool
legendary
@UKI,

One easy no cost thing that would help promote ZEIT , is if every Knight at least mentioned ZEIT somewhere on either their
Avatar or Personal Text or Signature. Links back to BTCTalk or the Website would be even better.
Some Knights and community members already do this.

For example your forum profile and signature, only mentions Betcoin .
That way any posts we make in other forums promote ZEIT .

FYI:
This is only a suggestion, as your Forum profile is always your Personal choice.  Smiley

Cool
legendary
Zeit Recap

Become a legendary zeight (zeit knight) and help us to help others.
Think of it like King Arthur and his Round Table, every one at the Table is Equal.
A Group of Men & Women banding together to make the Way of Zeit a worldwide reality.
_______________________________________________________________________________ _
The ZeitKnight's End Game,
To make this World a Better Place for All who reside in it.
By making zeitcoin into a tool that can help someone next door or someone across the world.

Charities to Sponsor once the price of zeitcoin is higher
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9874339

Zeit Slogans
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9874356
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___

Any Questions or Suggestions , Post Away , All Ideas Welcome.

Cool

Requirements:
All Members must have 100 million Zeitcoins as a requirement of being part of the Zeit-Knights.
_______________________________________________________________________________ ____

The ZeitKnights began accepting members in Feb 2015.
Each ZeitKnight will hold 100 million zeitcoins to use 10% of their interest for charity in the future.
Currently 14 ZeitKnights.

Next Registration for Anyone wanting to be a ZeitKnight is March 2016.

Our Maximum Number of ZeitKnights will be somewhere between 100 & 300 , that group will make history as supporters of this coin.

Next official ZeitKnight registration in March 2016.

New members have to pass the test of Proof of ZeitKnight. Link Below.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=487814.msg10461974;topicseen#msg10461974

After they Pass the test , this happens.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10324746

I find that I must ask these questions, perhaps it's just me, but I really don't think I am that unique?

Excuse me if I am.

What are Zeit Knights?

legendary
Ok ,

We can just agree to disagree on ZEIT current status.   Smiley

we were discussing about getting more involved into the social media. that wasn't that bad idea after all, and I think we should bring it back to start with.

Second issue, I believe we need to bring more life into Knights forum, as this body is somehow not very active recently. we are approaching the new time window for Knight applications so at least in theory there is plenty to talk about.

What do you want to see happen to achieve these two goals?
Everyone Post their ideas and any (in the words of UKI) Realistic Goals?

Cool
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
Sorry kiklo, but growing a 1 cent  company into a $1  company is completely another pair of shoes than going from $100 to $10k, although it is a hundred fold growth each time. We cannot compare ourselves to Bitcoin and I am not asking that (btw., also choosing the Mt.Gox bubble as a starting point of your comparison would always show that Bitcoin is performing badly. Let's keep it unbiased). I believe we both agree what I am asking in the core of my post (not that I am only criticising for the sake of it): we need to find the ways to get more new people involved into ZEIT. That should be one of our main goals for the next years. I remember in one of the first Knights meetings about a year ago, we were discussing about getting more involved into the social media. that wasn't that bad idea after all, and I think we should bring it back to start with. Second issue, I believe we need to bring more life into Knights forum, as this body is somehow not very active recently. we are approaching the new time window for Knight applications so at least in theory there is plenty to talk about. We are competing with 600 (or more) coins, as you correctly stated, and we need to show why we are different and worth attention. Just 'being there' does not sell that well.

Edit:
PS. One more thing. You have to be careful when comparing 'market caps', as there is very important factor at play - inflation. Even with the price staying at the same level for the entire year our market cap growths by the value of inflation. That is 20% in the year 2. (of course, that is the maximum value when all coins are staking each time). That means you would have to deduct the value of the inflation from the market cap value to get the net value growth in order to compare it with a non-PoS coin.
Jump to: