Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 168. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
It's not only BTC withdrawal  Angry
LTC is affected, too.

BigVern usually tweets about every latest Shitcoin that was added by Cryptsy. But when Cryptsy has real issues the big man is silent.
They pay out some chat users because they want show everyone that everything is ok. But it isn't.
Cryptsy is the next Gox.

Cheers,
Ray

I completely agree. get ur coins out of there guys!
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
Precision isn't in my brief

I leave that to Ray & Kiklo.

I think my point is that there are still FAR too many shitcoins coming & going, which means far too many people losing money to crooked devs who are only in it for a quick buck. This does none of us any good.

Just look at the names of most of those coins!

I mean - How the HELL did anyone take something like 'SkullBuzz' or 'EbolaShare' seriously in the first place?

Are 'people' really that stupid?

No, don't answer that.

Sad
I believe we both know answer to that.
One part of the problem are people investing in any shitcoin that is just listed on the exchange, the other are the exchanges themselves listing any coin for which they will get BTC from the dev who is interested in scamming people. this greed-fueled beast looks like a perpetual motion machine, unfortunately.
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
The latest batch of shitcoins being consigned to the oblivion they deserve...

C-CEX.com exchange news!

We have to free up server resources for new coins by delisting some coins which have consistently low trading volume.
The following coins will be removed on 10.12.2015 if their average trading volume for the last month has not exceeded 0.2 BTC/day (or 6 BTC for last 30 days):

Alexium Coin [AUM], Botcoin [BOT], BreakCoin [BRE], BowsCoin [BSC], Bubble [BUB], CarbonCoin [CARB], CryptBit [CBIT], SolarFarm Asset [CELL], ChipCoin [CHIP], CrevaCoin [CREVA], Cryptotarget [CRT], DeltaCredits [DCR], Darkether [DETH], DayTraderCoin [DTC], EbolaShare [EBS], FujiCoin [FJC], GhostlyCrypto [GHOUL], IslaCoin [ISL], LiteStarCoin [LTS], MapCoin [MAPC], NetworkCoin [NETC], OKcash [OK], ParanoiaCoin [PARA], PeopleCoin [PEO], Rimbit [RBT], Radon [XRDN], ResumeoShares [RMS], SkullBuzz [SKB], TenneT [TNNT], TrickyCoin [TRICK], UCoin , UniversalCurrency [UNIT], VectorCoin [VEC], Viral [VIRAL], XDECoin [XDE], Pharma [XPH]

Please, trade, sell or withdraw these coins before removal date, after which retrieval of any remaining balances for these coins will not be possible anymore.

Thank You for using our exchange!
Sincerely, C-CEX.com Team.
I agree with your statement, but just to be fully precise Lion: not all of the coins that were listed on c-cex exchange do agree with their policy of charging you the 0.2% out of 6BTC per 30 days to stay afloat. I believe ZEIT community was also against paid exchanges and in a very hypothetical case of being initially listed there and having not enough monthly volume, ZEIT would not take the fight either. So be careful, as same arguments may be used against you. Just my 2 ZEITs  Wink

On the other note, I must admit I stopped liking Cryptsy after they had problems with my ZEIT deposits for the very first time earlier this year. I hope they will go where they deserve and meanwhile we will find new, equivalent in volume exchange, that will provide us with the BTC pairing.

Precision isn't in my brief

I leave that to Ray & Kiklo.

I think my point is that there are still FAR too many shitcoins coming & going, which means far too many people losing money to crooked devs who are only in it for a quick buck. This does none of us any good.

Just look at the names of most of those coins!

I mean - How the HELL did anyone take something like 'SkullBuzz' or 'EbolaShare' seriously in the first place?

Are 'people' really that stupid?

No, don't answer that.

Sad
legendary
Activity: 1092
kiklo can you make a request to add Zeitcoin at poloniex?

Made 2 previous attempts and I believe UKI made 1 this year.
Poloniex never responded to us or some other coins, I know requested listing.
(only thing I use Poloniex for is converting BTC to LTC.)

IMO Cryptopia is going to start coming into its own in 2016.

If you are buying,  Cryptsy's Zeit Withdrawals are still working normally.
It seems like the BTC & LTC get in but don't get out, unless you exchange it for an alt coin.

But if selling use Cryptopia , SouthXchange or Yobit , as there are currently no reports of BTC or LTC withdrawl issues with them.
Or just use these 3 for buying  too.

As Always , never leave more on any exchange than what you are willing to lose.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
LTC is affected, too.

BigVern usually tweets about every latest Shitcoin that was added by Cryptsy. But when Cryptsy has real issues the big man is silent.
They pay out some chat users because they want show everyone that everything is ok. But it isn't.
Cryptsy is the next Gox.

Cheers,
Ray
they cant fix DEM wallet 6 months  Grin
something is wrong  there
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
LTC is affected, too.

Cryptsy is the next Gox.

Cheers,
Ray
Activity: 307
Merit: 250

The only problem is that prices on Cryptsy are coming out at around 20% higher than Bittrex and other exchanges.

That's some Mt. Gox crap right there. Inflate value, steal BTC, claim "problems with withdrawals" (or hackers stole them), transfer BTC to a wallet stored somewhere outside of U.S., cash out, close exchange, live like a champ and not give a care in the world that other people lost money in the scam.

You might be right, but I think that the general price rise has come about by a mass exodus of people panic-buying altcoins to get their BTC out of Cryptsy. I've made many Support requests in the past - as we all have had to do with Cryptsy - but I've never had an option given to me that Cryptsy could cancel my withdrawal request internally, because of problems with BTC.

Bitcoin suffered malleabilty attacks in early October that were of such a magnitude that they were reported in the mainstream media worldwide. The Ddos attacks and Cryptsy going offline happened from November 22nd onwards. Now the problems with BTC at Cryptsy. I wonder if they are connected and whether Cryptsy have acquired a mountain-load of duff BTC?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

The only problem is that prices on Cryptsy are coming out at around 20% higher than Bittrex and other exchanges.

That's some Mt. Gox crap right there. Inflate value, steal BTC, claim "problems with withdrawals" (or hackers stole them), transfer BTC to a wallet stored somewhere outside of U.S., cash out, close exchange, live like a champ and not give a care in the world that other people lost money in the scam.
legendary
Activity: 1050
 kiklo can you make a request to add Zeitcoin at poloniex?
Activity: 307
Merit: 250

Class Action Lawsuit Against Bitcoin Exchange Cryptsy

http://www.altcointoday.com/lawsuit-against-cryptsy/

Sobering. I tried to withdraw some Bitcoin from Cryptsy a short while ago. My request was pending for over 12 hours despite issuing Support Tickets. I was eventually told that I had the option of cancelling my BTC request for withdrawal, so I did. Giving me that option made me think I'd better take it and head for the hills. I was also told that Cryptsy are having problems with three coins. Here is what they said:

"We are experiencing a delay when it comes to processing BTC LTC and BTCD withdrawal transactions." (my emphasis).

If anyone has those coins stranded on Cryptsy, the other altcoins are being processed quickly. I converted my BTC into two altcoins and withdrew straight away. The only problem is that prices on Cryptsy are coming out at around 20% higher than Bittrex and other exchanges.

I don't want to repeat the rumours, but this doesn't look good.
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder

C-CEX.com exchange news!

We have to free up server resources for new coins by delisting some coins which have consistently low trading volume.
The following coins will be removed on 10.12.2015 if their average trading volume for the last month has not exceeded 0.2 BTC/day (or 6 BTC for last 30 days):

Alexium Coin [AUM], Botcoin [BOT], BreakCoin [BRE], BowsCoin [BSC], Bubble [BUB], CarbonCoin [CARB], CryptBit [CBIT], SolarFarm Asset [CELL], ChipCoin [CHIP], CrevaCoin [CREVA], Cryptotarget [CRT], DeltaCredits [DCR], Darkether [DETH], DayTraderCoin [DTC], EbolaShare [EBS], FujiCoin [FJC], GhostlyCrypto [GHOUL], IslaCoin [ISL], LiteStarCoin [LTS], MapCoin [MAPC], NetworkCoin [NETC], OKcash [OK], ParanoiaCoin [PARA], PeopleCoin [PEO], Rimbit [RBT], Radon [XRDN], ResumeoShares [RMS], SkullBuzz [SKB], TenneT [TNNT], TrickyCoin [TRICK], UCoin , UniversalCurrency [UNIT], VectorCoin [VEC], Viral [VIRAL], XDECoin [XDE], Pharma [XPH]

Please, trade, sell or withdraw these coins before removal date, after which retrieval of any remaining balances for these coins will not be possible anymore.

I agree with your statement, but just to be fully precise Lion: not all of the coins that were listed on c-cex exchange do agree with their policy of charging you the 0.2% out of 6BTC per 30 days to stay afloat. I believe ZEIT community was also against paid exchanges and in a very hypothetical case of being initially listed there and having not enough monthly volume, ZEIT would not take the fight either. So be careful, as same arguments may be used against you. Just my 2 ZEITs  Wink

On the other note, I must admit I stopped liking Cryptsy after they had problems with my ZEIT deposits for the very first time earlier this year. I hope they will go where they deserve and meanwhile we will find new, equivalent in volume exchange, that will provide us with the BTC pairing.

C-CEX.com exchange news!

legendary
Ok,

WalletRecoveryService
http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/
Never used them so can't vouch for them good or bad.

OR

If you are into python programming:
Then check out on how to extract the keys.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pywallet-help-need-to-recover-private-key-from-walletdat-615391
https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet

Cool

FYI:
If you can find any later versions of the wallet , then you can run - salvagewallet on it to try and repair the wallet, otherwise the 2 options above are your best shot.

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
If you have'nt already, hit ignore.

Restart Zeitcoin normally and see if the new created wallet load or crashes.

If it crashes again, I don't believe the keys can be extracted, unless Ray says different.

Give me some background on how that later wallet was lost.

Cool 
After restarting...same error:
1. Cannot initialize keypool - (small error window)
2.MinGW Runtime Assertion
--------------------------
Assertion Failed!
Program: C:\Users\...\\zeitcoin-qt.exe
File:src\wallet.cpp, Line 2171

Expression: vchPubKey.IsValid()
legendary
If you have'nt already, hit ignore.

Restart Zeitcoin normally and see if the new created wallet load or crashes.

If it crashes again, I don't believe the keys can be extracted, unless Ray says different.

Give me some background on how that later wallet was lost.

Cool 
Thank you for your help.
I done all -step by step up to Step 8, but after starting zeitcoin-qt.exe -salvagewallet wallet does not open ...not any error just stuck at Loading wallet...for 4 hours. In my zeitcoin folder have new wallet.dat and my old is renamed to wallet.numbers.bak.
I don't how long this "....will take some time" meaning, but I didn't see any process activity in tack manager only ram usage -745.8MB. I don't know maybe coz my wallet.dat is encrypted is the problem.
Any ideas from this point?

If you have not received an error message , then let it run until it is done as it may be the last chance to recover your keys,
,Ram usage can go a little over 900 mb for an fully loaded wallet.
Wallet encryption makes no difference, old wallets are most likely damaged , which is causing the crash.

Cool

Finally finish...., but with error:
1. Cannot initialize keypool - (small error window)

2.MinGW Runtime Assertion
--------------------------
Assertion Failed!
Program: C:\Users\...\\zeitcoin-qt.exe
File:src\wallet.cpp, Line 2171

Expression: vchPubKey.IsValid()

Abort    Retry    Ignore
legendary
Thank you for your help.
I done all -step by step up to Step 8, but after starting zeitcoin-qt.exe -salvagewallet wallet does not open ...not any error just stuck at Loading wallet...for 4 hours. In my zeitcoin folder have new wallet.dat and my old is renamed to wallet.numbers.bak.
I don't how long this "....will take some time" meaning, but I didn't see any process activity in tack manager only ram usage -745.8MB. I don't know maybe coz my wallet.dat is encrypted is the problem.

If you have not received an error message , then let it run until it is done as it may be the last chance to recover your keys,
,Ram usage can go a little over 900 mb for an fully loaded wallet.
Wallet encryption makes no difference, old wallets are most likely damaged , which is causing the crash.

Cool
Hello all first,
I have problem with my wallet.
When I start synchronize everything is good to 79% and ...error: can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974
First its not latest wallet.dat ...its very old maybe from 2014. File is encrypted and I don't have new one.
Is there any way to fix that issue?
Any help is welcome.

First of all, try to check if you have the up to date state of the blockchain. You may use the link from the ZEITCOIN'S post above to get all the necessary files (make a backup copy of your wallet and then overwrite all the files that are provided in the roaming folder) and then sync it till the end. Then, the next step would be issuing the 'repairwallet' from console in case the balance in your wallet is not accurate.

Thank you for your answer, but I did that before ...fully sync wallet - when I change wallet.dat and start wallet again, wallet stuck at "done loading" for 2-3 minutes and:

"A fatal error occured. Zeitcoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.
EXEPTION: St13runtime_error
CB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974"

When I start from beginning all going fine up to 79-80% and same error. I'll post later number of block where I get that error.

http://krwjones.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/lighthouse.jpg

Ok, punching a hole thru the dimensions , communications won't last long.
Uki got the right idea.

Step 1. Be sure to have copies of the wallet.dat out , then delete the c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin directory (for Windows)
Step 2. Recreate the c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin directory .
Step 3. Download the latest Zeitcoin Wallet 2.0.1.7
Step 4. Then Unpack and copy the files from ZeitcoinBlockchainSnapshot into
           C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
           Then open the Latest Zeitcoin Wallet and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last snapshot.
Step 5. Once Zeit is completely synced , close the zeit wallet and then restart it , if it works then we know nothing is wrong with your system,
           If it gives an error , post the error in the forum.

Step 6. OK , if Zeit wallet started normally , now close the Zeit Wallet.
           Now rename the wallet.dat inside c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin to emptywallet.dat
Step 7. Copy your old Wallet.dat into the  c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin  directory.
Step 8. From the COMMAND LINE or Change the shortcut so you run the following  zeitcoin-qt.exe -salvagewallet
           this will take some time , if it works then restart the  zeitcoin-qt.exe -rescan  , this will also take some time.
           Once that's done you should be good to go.

Step 9. If none of the above worked , you're next option is to export the keys out of the corrupt wallets and import them into a new wallet.
           You will have to ask Ray , how to do that, it's above my paygrade.  Cheesy
           I am unsure if it is possible , if the salvagewallet command fails.

Cool

FYI:
You could try the Shadow explorer first to make sure you don't have a later wallet.dat stored in shadow copies for windows.
Their is an app called shadow explorer for windows users, that may help if it is the same hard drive.
http://www.shadowexplorer.com/

Thank you for your help.
legendary
Hello all first,
I have problem with my wallet.
When I start synchronize everything is good to 79% and ...error: can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974
First its not latest wallet.dat ...its very old maybe from 2014. File is encrypted and I don't have new one.
Is there any way to fix that issue?
Any help is welcome.

First of all, try to check if you have the up to date state of the blockchain. You may use the link from the ZEITCOIN'S post above to get all the necessary files (make a backup copy of your wallet and then overwrite all the files that are provided in the roaming folder) and then sync it till the end. Then, the next step would be issuing the 'repairwallet' from console in case the balance in your wallet is not accurate.

Thank you for your answer, but I did that before ...fully sync wallet - when I change wallet.dat and start wallet again, wallet stuck at "done loading" for 2-3 minutes and:

"A fatal error occured. Zeitcoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.
EXEPTION: St13runtime_error
CB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974"

When I start from beginning all going fine up to 79-80% and same error. I'll post later number of block where I get that error.

Ok, punching a hole thru the dimensions , communications won't last long.
Uki got the right idea.

Step 1. Be sure to have copies of the wallet.dat out , then delete the c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin directory (for Windows)
Step 2. Recreate the c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin directory .
Step 3. Download the latest Zeitcoin Wallet 2.0.1.7
Step 4. Then Unpack and copy the files from ZeitcoinBlockchainSnapshot into
           C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
           Then open the Latest Zeitcoin Wallet and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last snapshot.
Step 5. Once Zeit is completely synced , close the zeit wallet and then restart it , if it works then we know nothing is wrong with your system,
           If it gives an error , post the error in the forum.

Step 6. OK , if Zeit wallet started normally , now close the Zeit Wallet.
           Now rename the wallet.dat inside c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin to emptywallet.dat
Step 7. Copy your old Wallet.dat into the  c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin  directory.
Step 8. From the COMMAND LINE or Change the shortcut so you run the following  zeitcoin-qt.exe -salvagewallet
           this will take some time , if it works then restart the  zeitcoin-qt.exe -rescan  , this will also take some time.
           Once that's done you should be good to go.

Step 9. If none of the above worked , you're next option is to export the keys out of the corrupt wallets and import them into a new wallet.
           You will have to ask Ray , how to do that, it's above my paygrade.  Cheesy
           I am unsure if it is possible , if the salvagewallet command fails.

Cool

FYI:
You could try the Shadow explorer first to make sure you don't have a later wallet.dat stored in shadow copies for windows.
Their is an app called shadow explorer for windows users, that may help if it is the same hard drive.
http://www.shadowexplorer.com/
Jump to: