Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 169. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Thank you for your answer, but I did that before ...fully sync wallet - when I change wallet.dat and start wallet again, wallet stuck at "done loading" for 2-3 minutes and:

"A fatal error occured. Zeitcoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.
EXEPTION: St13runtime_error
CB() : can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974"

When I start from beginning all going fine up to 79-80% and same error. I'll post later number of block where I get that error.

someone a few pages ago,
Minimum Ram required is 1 gig to run the wallet
Do you have 1 gig of ram?
Do you have any other wallet.dat backups.

Yes I have 16gb ram, and yes I have second one backup of wallet.dat from same period, but with other wallet.dat - same error.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Thank you for your answer, but I did that before ...fully sync wallet - when I change wallet.dat and start wallet again, wallet stuck at "done loading" for 2-3 minutes and:

When I start from beginning all going fine up to 79-80% and same error. I'll post later number of block where I get that error.

someone a few pages ago,
Minimum Ram required is 1 gig to run the wallet
Do you have 1 gig of ram?
Do you have any other wallet.dat backups.
Hello all first,
I have problem with my wallet.
When I start synchronize everything is good to 79% and ...error: can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974
First its not latest wallet.dat ...its very old maybe from 2014. File is encrypted and I don't have new one.
Is there any way to fix that issue?
Any help is welcome.

First of all, try to check if you have the up to date state of the blockchain. You may use the link from the ZEITCOIN'S post above to get all the necessary files (make a backup copy of your wallet and then overwrite all the files that are provided in the roaming folder) and then sync it till the end. Then, the next step would be issuing the 'repairwallet' from console in case the balance in your wallet is not accurate.

uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
Hello all first,
When I start synchronize everything is good to 79% and ...error: can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974
First its not latest wallet.dat ...its very old maybe from 2014. File is encrypted and I don't have new one.
Any help is welcome.

First of all, try to check if you have the up to date state of the blockchain. You may use the link from the ZEITCOIN'S post above to get all the necessary files (make a backup copy of your wallet and then overwrite all the files that are provided in the roaming folder) and then sync it till the end. Then, the next step would be issuing the 'repairwallet' from console in case the balance in your wallet is not accurate.
Hello all first,
Any help is welcome.
legendary
Activity: 938
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
ok got all my coins off cryptsy before it was too late thank god! now we'll see how long cryptopia lasts. i still think poloniex should be our next target. big volume over there
poloniex will be great , we will see than 60sat for zeitcoin )

Poloniex and bittrex, both top sites and big volume Smiley
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
ok got all my coins off cryptsy before it was too late thank god! now we'll see how long cryptopia lasts. i still think poloniex should be our next target. big volume over there

Have Cryptsy gone bust? The Cryptsy Buy/Sell trades seem to be operating normally, but I've not tried to withdraw anything yet. I have some coins still in play. The trades might be just cosmetic. Is there a withdrawal problem?

I did see the shutdown a couple of days ago when they suffered a Ddos attack. But Cryptsy are used to this though and normally shake it off like water off a duck's back. Anyone know anything more?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
poloniex will be great , we will see than 60sat for zeitcoin )
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Again,

you can't check the real balance with different backups with obviously different amounts of zeit.
wallet.dat is a simple local database that can be faulty. We had lots of hardforks in the past.
Different backups can have different keypool sizes. That's why you need your latest wallet.dat.

Please rebuild your transaction index with:
zeitcoin-qt.exe -rescan. (Client version should be 2.0.1.7)
The result is the real amount of your zeitcoins.

or/and

Activate the coin control feature and check your addresses and amounts with a block explorer:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/

Cheers,
Ray

I just pasted an old back .dat file in the appdata folder, and BAM, my coins were back, so yes, I did something you claim will not work, yet it did Smiley Or maybe I dont understand what you mean??

Glad you got your coins back. I think you were lucky! Let's hope they stay there. If not, try Ray's advice to -rescan.
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
Is there any newer snapshot of a blockchain available? My wallet crashed and I must get a clean version of blockchain. The latest snapshot I found, was the one kiklo uploaded on Oct. 17th (link from the OP), which is more than a month old (approx. 110k blocks old). I downloaded it and started syncing (with some wallet restarts included) and after 12 hours or so I got another crash ('cannot load blockindex' error message) and I have to restart syncing again from October 17th. So any newer snapshot would be really appreciated.

Filename:      ZeitBlockchainSnapshot-11-23-2015.zip
       MD5:     B2340180DD18A82C1F3A674D6A1411E0

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pn3ab2az749mhyz/ZeitBlockchainSnapshot-11-23-2015.zip
THanks, just downloaded it and installed. 500 blocks remaining to the full sync. Worked great for me!
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Please donate some BTC dust for supporting our incredible block explorer:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/#!crypto

1Nek1RPUK8QStvHSA1zq5PN8kPJGKwsW3t

Cheers,
Ray

I would, but I don't have any BTC. Zilch.

If you can provide a ZEIT donation addy, I'll happily send 100k
Activity: 588
Merit: 510
Is there any newer snapshot of a blockchain available? My wallet crashed and I must get a clean version of blockchain. The latest snapshot I found, was the one kiklo uploaded on Oct. 17th (link from the OP), which is more than a month old (approx. 110k blocks old). I downloaded it and started syncing (with some wallet restarts included) and after 12 hours or so I got another crash ('cannot load blockindex' error message) and I have to restart syncing again from October 17th. So any newer snapshot would be really appreciated.

Filename:      ZeitBlockchainSnapshot-11-23-2015.zip
       MD5:     B2340180DD18A82C1F3A674D6A1411E0

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pn3ab2az749mhyz/ZeitBlockchainSnapshot-11-23-2015.zip
legendary
Again,

you can't check the real balance with different backups with obviously different amounts of zeit.
wallet.dat is a simple local database that can be faulty. We had lots of hardforks in the past.
Different backups can have different keypool sizes. That's why you need your latest wallet.dat.

or/and

Activate the coin control feature and check your addresses and amounts with a block explorer:

Cheers,
Ray

I just pasted an old back .dat file in the appdata folder, and BAM, my coins were back, so yes, I did something you claim will not work, yet it did Smiley Or maybe I dont understand what you mean??
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Please donate some BTC dust for supporting our incredible block explorer:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/#!crypto

1Nek1RPUK8QStvHSA1zq5PN8kPJGKwsW3t

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
Again,

or/and

Cheers,
Ray
legendary
Something really strange happened, without any transactions to show for it, my coin stack went from 1.6 million to 1.3 million!? Anyone any idea as to why? No transactions, no unmined coins that could have caused this Huh

Affected addresses?

No idea ow to extract that data....
have you tried 'repairwallet' from the console?

@Furio
Are you sure that you have not made a mistake? I sometimes think that with other coins, but put it down to confusion in having holdings in several with similar amounts. I now make a written note of all my balances to keep track of things. I've never had a problem with Zeitcoin though.

Could looking at your addresses with a block explorer help?

Besides the other advice, I wonder whether creating a new wallet and replacing the wallet.dat file with the one you presumably have saved do the trick? I've never had to do this, but the saved wallet.dat file, as far as I understand, should contain info on the addresses and transactions and maybe the amount saved at the time you made the backup. I'm not sure of this. Possibly everything could get updated when you sync up to override saved information. Could anyone give some advice on this?

If this method is valid, it could confirm whether you have confused your Zeit balance with other balances you might have. If you haven't been backing your wallet up, then you have committed a cardinal sin. In that case, shame on you!

In parallel to this, I'd like to know:

1) if simply replacing the wallet.dat file in a newly created wallet with a saved wallet.dat file from an old wallet preserves the saved balance, addresses and transactions?

2) if you did this with a saved wallet.dat file long before a coin had forked and tried this long after the fork, would it work in preserving the old balance? I tried this with an old saved Tekcoin wallet.dat file I had recently rediscovered. I only had a small amount in the wallet, which never minted. Frustrated by this, I had got rid of the wallet from my computer to save space. Tekcoin at the time was riddled with bugs, but since then has improved a lot. When I tried to put my old Tekcoin saved wallet.dat from 2014 into a new November, 2015 wallet, long after a Tekcoin fork, I got a message saying that it recognised my keys as being valid, but that there might be errors with my transactions and addresses? I couldn't get any further since the new wallet kept crashing during rescanning.

Can anyone throw a light on these wallet.dat questions and further, how Furio could solve his problem?

I'm sure I havent made a misstake, because when I loaded an old back up of .dat file, ploink, 1.6+ million zeits again, reallly strange, thank god I use multiple back ups Smiley Anyone got a clue as to why 300000 Zeit dissapeared?
legendary
when Year 2: 20% ends and Year 3 begins?

not sure, i think abt 5-6 weeks to go. i think someone posted that info kinda recently

[edit] maybe 6-8 weeks
             https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12672541
the coin was started in March 1st 2014, thus that would be day zero.
thus March 2016 would start year 3.

That's right for the coin, but it isn't right for the interest. It depends on how many blocks are generated a day.
Trigger block for year 2 was in January 2015 instead of March 2015.

Cheers,
Ray 

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
maybe we can set a bounty up that will help my goal as a knight Cheesy what do you guys think? check out my sig Cheesy
Jump to: