Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 183. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 575
Merit: 250
PND DevTeam
Well sorry for the delays with the Zeit faucet I promised, it has been up now for a few days solidly but we forgot to update the group with the new URL.  http://zeitfaucet.crypto-co.in/
We did have some trouble and so are keeping the balance low for now, but we expect to reload some ZEIT into the faucet soon, please do not donate at this time we will however replace any donations made to our old faucet address once we are sure of our updated and enhanced wallet security.

We are also currently testing a wheel of chance game for Zeitcoin and others, here is the ZEIT wheel link, please keep the betting low for now while we test.   http://zeitwheel.crypto-co.in/
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Cryptsy wallet is back.
Quote from: TWITTER, Mullick
Zeitcoin wallet maintenance is complete. Deposit and withdrawals are back online

Happy trading

Cheers
legendary
Did you share your datadir between different users/accounts?
Delete the folder ‘txleveldb’ in your Zeitcoin data-folder, which is most likely: %AppData%\Roaming\zeitcoin.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
what is that ?  Embarrassed

Try this to fix it.
1. Make a Backup of your Zeit wallet.

2. Delete txleveldb directory (Under c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin) and then restart Zeit Wallet.

If that works then you are good to go.
If that does not work, then

Download & Install Zeit Blockchain SnapShot
Filename:      ZeitBlockchainSnapShot-8-11-2015.zip
MD5:            975D0E6A895C70A4B235123CF2187745
SHA1:           8CC3A14CD4F5CC4137DD8DDAED79F1767B4C4D91
SHA-256:       5E580A2A07C1A4D59D64D78ABDE7365D3DB82C1F77DB6DEB5388EF02A03D8DEB
http://onlinemd5.com can be used to verify the above checksums.
Go to Any of the Following Links to get a SnapShot of the Zeitcoin Blockchain.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/t0uvbmy5u1l88i0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lps2pqcxnay6tey/ZeitBlockchainSnapShot-8-11-2015.zip

Make sure Zeitcoin is closed
Go under
c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin (for Windows) or in the Zeitcoin data folder for other OSes
Then Delete 5  files :  .lock & blk0001.dat & blkindex.dat & db.log & debug.log
Then Delete 2 folders named : database & txleveldb
Then Unpack and copy the files from ZeitcoinBlockchainSnapshot into
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
Then open Zeitcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last snapshot.

Click on Help, click Debug Window, click Console,
type in repairwallet and hit enter, then check your Balance

If Balance is still not correct.
Then From a Command Prompt run zeitcoin-qt.exe -rescan  
will take a little while but should correct your balance info.

When Finished Post which way worked for you.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
legendary
'St13runtime_error'
Before this flavor of stakes can go mainstream issues like that are a hamper.  The base code needs to be more 'robust'.
Sorry it is just that way.  And in time it will clear up.

Actually his problem was caused by an overheating issue which caused a improper shutdown.
Improper Shutdowns don't always write out all of the data in the memory cache to the drive, this is what causes the data corruption. More of a robust issue with the OS memory cache design, than ZEIT.
Price an OS and we as users pay for faster hard drive access.

Cool
legendary
My computer shut down because it overheated. Now Zeitcoin wallet won't start giving the following error:

A fatal error occurred. Zeitcoin can no longer continue safely and will quit.

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error      
CDB(): error opening database environment Corruption: missing start of fragmented record(2)      
zeitcoin in Runaway exception      

ST13runtime means that the blockchain database itself on your PC is corrupt.
You have to reload the entire blockchain.

But you are in luck, we just updated the ZEIT Snapshot .

Go here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11769023

And Follow the steps to install the Snapshot.
One extra step for you , if you are on version 2.0.1.7
Delete 5  files :  .lock & blk0001.dat & blkindex.dat & db.log & debug.log
Then Delete 1 folder named : database
Also Delete folder named txleveldb , before installing the snapshot.
 Cool
legendary
Offtopic: Are you guys seeing this message in Cryptopia too? Isn't it a bit unprofessional? Huh

LMFAO when I saw it.   Cheesy

Crypto is a Long Long Game to Play, those that use Humor to lighten stressful times,
will have a better chance of seeing it thru til the mainstream arrives.

Cool
legendary

You can start zeitcon-qt.exe /rescan from the command prompt and if that doesn't work delete everything in Appdata\Roaming\Zeitcoin (but keep wallet.dat) and download the snapshot and sync again.

Thanks! I will need the mac terminal command though for the rescan.

try -salvagewallet.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
'St13runtime_error'

yeah it aint cool ... (kinda pun-nee)

Before this flavor of stakes can go mainstream issues like that are a hamper.  The base code needs to be more 'robust'.
Sorry it is just that way.  And in time it will clear up.

However I think the barrier to mining early POW coins was a much steeper learning curve than that of the stakes, and having such bars to clear actually helps in the short term. (see BTC before 2014 ... and tell me just how easy it was to setup a hashing rig Wink )

In the meantime, the tech support here is kind enough to help fix most issues.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

You can start zeitcon-qt.exe /rescan from the command prompt and if that doesn't work delete everything in Appdata\Roaming\Zeitcoin (but keep wallet.dat) and download the snapshot and sync again.

Thanks! I will need the mac terminal command though for the rescan.
legendary
Activity: 1404
My computer shut down because it overheated. Now Zeitcoin wallet won't start giving the following error:

CDB(): error opening database environment Corruption: missing start of fragmented record(2)       

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Hex is one of the owners and he might be calling himself retard with that message and he made up more than his mistake so not an issue IMHO.
I see. So it's some kind of inside joke? Not cool for the "outsiders" Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1404
Show me professional in ALT crypto first then I will tell you Wink

Yeah they screwed up, a very minor detail, so they fixed it by basically granting a 10% discount towards cost of auto listing coins.

Actually professional recourse.  But yes I am wondering how well the servers are backup  Roll Eyes  

I'm only talking about the message itself. Publicly blaming a data loss on one of your employees (or at least that's what the message leads me to think, as I don't have any idea who "Hex" is) is very unprofessional to say the least. What about calling him a "retard"? I had respect for that exchange, but it's disturbing that the people behind it are acting like children. This is no "minor detail" imho.

Hex is one of the owners and he might be calling himself retard with that message and he made up more than his mistake so not an issue IMHO.

Yeah they screwed up, a very minor detail, so they fixed it by basically granting a 10% discount towards cost of auto listing coins.

Actually professional recourse.  But yes I am wondering how well the servers are backup  Roll Eyes  

I'm only talking about the message itself. Publicly blaming a data loss on one of your employees (or at least that's what the message leads me to think, as I don't have any idea who "Hex" is) is very unprofessional to say the least. What about calling him a "retard"? I had respect for that exchange, but it's disturbing that the people behind it are acting like children. This is no "minor detail" imho.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

Actually professional recourse.  But yes I am wondering how well the servers are backup  Roll Eyes   
Offtopic: Are you guys seeing this message in Cryptopia too? Isn't it a bit unprofessional? Huh

legendary
Guldencoin is still Scrypt based only , the problem with guldencoin is the community has no miners so it's run on multi pools, it's the one coin that actually has more end users and investors then miners. Before DELTA they we getting 500 min block times and even 1000 minutes once and under 100 blocks a day. Once they switched to DELTA most days the longest blocks are 35-60 minutes maybe once a day and over 300 blocks a day.

I have been following them for a long time and they tried kgw,dgw and digi and DELTA has by far performed the best. At least they are innovating and keeping up with bitcoin, it does mean they are serious and they doing everything on there own. That development team of theres is inhouse, not hired devs.

There is talk of them doing hybrid PoS/ PoW solution which I think will work well because it doesn't put all the power with the coin holders.

Hmm,
Now that you mention it , the block explorer did only list 9 active connections.
I understand that Delta showed massive improvement from your point of view, but it is still broken.
30 minutes is just way too long for single blocks.

If they did add PoS then it could stop those huge gaps of empty block time.
And one of the guys on the Dev Team is MaNi , and he is very familiar with PoS from his time writing the last released Pandacoin wallet, so he could pull it off.
But adding PoS could add this security issue if they keep PoW.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/security-analysis-of-powpos-hybrids-with-low-pow-reward-551861
(Reason Zeit & Mint dropped PoW completely)

IMO:
Normally would say convert to PoS only, but if they don't have that many active users merged mining is their best shot. Setup Merge mining with Litecoin & Dogecoin give them plenty of miners until their user base grows enough to switch to PoS only.

Cool

FYI:
In regards to
hybrid PoS/ PoW solution which I think will work well because it doesn't put all the power with the coin holders.
PoW puts power into the hands of people that don't necessary care about the coin's future at all, only the fiat profit it will generate, as they can always dump the last mined coin and just mine another,
Personally prefer that the Zeit PoS owners all have personal and dedicated interest directly into Zeitcoin,
A person will always take better care of something they like verses something they are indifferent too.

2nd FYI:
You are right , they did drop the multi-algo idea.
Below is a quote by MaNi , https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.10440
After looking into it extensively and much internal debate we have decided that multi-algo as it currently stands is flawed from a security perspective.
In that We Agree.   Smiley
Jump to: