Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 224. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
The OP has a lot of useful information. Suggest you at least read that. 48 hours to download a mature POS blockchain is not unusual, also it can be shortened dramatically with bootstrapping:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10977720

To stake coins you must hold them for 20+ days.

Daytraders and short term profiteers dump because it's what they do after a run up. Zeitcoin is up 240% just since March 30 so there will be those that want to take profits...this is normal and healthy. There are plenty of people that believe in this coin's long term future that buy and hold.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Let me just say this as a complete noobz to this coin who bought this purely for TA reasons.  I sent myself coins from my Cryptsy account and they cleared very fast, which was quite impressive.  Then again, that wallet took a full 48 hours to download the blockchain which was disturbing to say the least.  Second, please forgive me for not reading the other 650 pages on this thread, but can someone briefly explain to me how proof of stake works for this coin?  I have a million in my test wallet, do I get more?  Third, 31,271,216,268 coins seems to be a very large overhang.  It will be very hard for this coin to stage a healthy advance with that kind of resistance overhead.  Was this premined?  Why are there so many coins overhead?  Lastly, the coin seems to be advancing correctly so far technically, but there appear to be a large number of dumpers waiting overhead.  Just an FYI, if you want your coin to advance, don't sit overhead waiting to dump an enormous number of coins on the market.  If everybody holds we can all do significantly better.  Thanks.

http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com/
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
It's been a while how do i go about unlocking the wallet to send coins? only have the option to unlock for minting.

When the Wallet is locked, send the coins, and it will ask you for the unlock password right before sending.

Cool

Ok so if it's staking just lock it again then send?

Yep. Lock it, wait a while then press "Send Button"...

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
It's been a while how do i go about unlocking the wallet to send coins? only have the option to unlock for minting.

When the Wallet is locked, send the coins, and it will ask you for the unlock password right before sending.

Cool

Yep. Lock it, wait a while then press "Send Button"...

Cool

legendary
MovementCF84kn1mnRg3Sto7vci4Nuhd6x looked a bit empty .. so threw some change in from my newly minted stake Wink Do like watching those numbers pop up for days ..

Thank you, Sir.  Cheesy

I'll match that contribution for a great coin and a great dev.

Cheers.

Thank you, Sir.

Short Explanation: MovementCF84kn1mnRg3Sto7vci4Nuhd6x has been generated for:
webspace, developers, videos, SSL-certs etc.........(it's a very long list)

This isn't my personal address. --> It's the ZeitKnight's wallet, currently managed by Rent_a_Ray.
I'm gonna send the private key to kiklo and Lion within the next days or we're trying to create a multisig address.

It's a piggy bank

Cheers,
Ray

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Cool

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
MovementCF84kn1mnRg3Sto7vci4Nuhd6x looked a bit empty .. so threw some change in from my newly minted stake Wink Do like watching those numbers pop up for days ..

Thank you, Sir.  Cheesy

I'll match that contribution for a great coin and a great dev.

Cheers.
legendary

Thank you, Sir.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished

Amazing work everyone ..

Not sure how to feel about BTER at the moment, ended up losing a chunk of change there in their recent "hack" and stopped using it and making votes. Was playing with DRK and DOGE there for few weeks for points.

Can everyone pester Poloniex as well? There are only so many warnings I can get away with about non-listed coins Smiley

Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
legendary
We can do everything, podizzle
As an example: You take the Blackcoin code and build a new zeit-client based on Blackcoin.
You need parts of your old code for the syncing procedure till Block X. After Block X the client works with a completely different chain format.(SHA256 POS in this case)

Example: Hobonickels
The following constants have been added by Tranz:
Code: (main.h)
/** Hard Fork Change Times/Block */
static const unsigned int PROTOCOL_SWITCH_TIME = 1371686400; // 20 Jun 2013 00:00:00
static const unsigned int REWARD_SWITCH_TIME = 1369432800; // 25 May 2013 00:00:00
static const unsigned int POS_REWARD_SWITCH_TIME = 1378684800; // 9 SEP 2013 00:00:00
static const unsigned int POS_REWARD_FIX_TIME = 1383177600; // 31 OCT 2013 00:00:00
static const unsigned int POS_REWARD_FIX_TIME2 = 1383606000; // 04 Nov 2013 23:00:00
static const unsigned int VERSION1_5_SWITCH_TIME = 1421489410; //  Sat, 17 Jan 2015 10:10:10 GMT
static const unsigned int VERSION1_5_SWITCH_BLOCK = 1600000; //  Block 1.6 million, approx same time

For a better understanding:
Let's change the drift time from 1h to 10s. What can happen?
Every new client will work without any issue if the chain is fully synced, BUT if u start syncing at Genesis Block (0), the latest change does not meet the rules.
The new client will not accept any blocks with a drift >10sec.
You have to tell the client that 1h is valid till block X. The constant values are hardcoded blocks in the future. On certain day X at 0:00 the whole network accepts the new rule.

My plan is the following:
We could make a list with all the features that we wanna have.
Then I need some time and some Knights (Clients) for internal testing.
When the new client is working well, we can switch over.

Cheers,
Ray

Activity: 535
Merit: 500
The proof of stake fundamentals are great but it does need some user friendly upgrades in the upcoming months/years. I think a feature to automatically send newly minted coins would be great. Also there are a few shortcuts other coins use to decrease sync time. Not sure how feasible it is in a coin like zeit. kiklo and ray probably know more.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
ThankQ
I am noticing it 'needs some time' Wink
legendary

TECH Help pls.

– Copy the bootstrap.dat file in the folder \Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
– Run the Zeitcoin software to import most of the blockchain locally and then to download only the rest and synchronize the client

And that is it?  All automatic? No renaming of the file?  Is there an import command?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11092888

I would prefer kiklos snapshot. Fast and easy.

Cheers,
Ray

Regarding your question: Yes, that's it. fully automatic but it needs some time and a couple of wallet restarts.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Target should be 350-370 LIT
All above is day trading fake. Let's keep credible... ZEIT needs TIME...

I never saw anything like the ZEIT community. It's one of a kind in the Cryptosphere.

Cheers

Sound Advice Smiley

-----
TECH Help pls.

– Copy the bootstrap.dat file in the folder \Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
– Run the Zeitcoin software to import most of the blockchain locally and then to download only the rest and synchronize the client

And that is it?  All automatic? No renaming of the file?  Is there an import command?
legendary
Target should be 350-370 LIT
All above is day trading fake. Let's keep credible... ZEIT needs TIME...

I never saw anything like the ZEIT community. It's one of a kind in the Cryptosphere.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Wow, we surpassed Primecoin for a while there! Now we are two place under them. Nice!
Jump to: