Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 220. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Opened wallet this morning and let it sync, it had been off for a day or two.  Leaf was green, so after it finished I unlocked it.  It's been sitting there all day with the leaf green and not minting... nothing under transactions for today... I've not seen it do this before, usually it starts minting pretty soon after unlocking, maybe they get orphaned, but it tries to mint.

Any ideas?

Fred

Normal with higher difficulty.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/#

Block Explorer is reporting difficulty ~1 , so it will be harder to mint if your coin blocks don't have alot of weight to them yet. Means more people are staking their coins right now so there is more competition to mint. As they age their weight will increase, also the longer you leave them active the more chance to stake.
 (Higher the difficulty the more secure the coin.)

Cool

Kiklo - minting finally occurred last last night/early this morning, decent size stakes too (a couple of 57,000ish), that's why I was surprised it was taking so long.

Thanks,
Fred
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Opened wallet this morning and let it sync, it had been off for a day or two.  Leaf was green, so after it finished I unlocked it.  It's been sitting there all day with the leaf green and not minting... nothing under transactions for today... I've not seen it do this before, usually it starts minting pretty soon after unlocking, maybe they get orphaned, but it tries to mint.

Any ideas?

Fred

Normal with higher difficulty.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/#

Block Explorer is reporting difficulty ~1 , so it will be harder to mint if your coin blocks don't have alot of weight to them yet. Means more people are staking their coins right now so there is more competition to mint. As they age their weight will increase, also the longer you leave them active the more chance to stake.
 (Higher the difficulty the more secure the coin.)

Cool

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Any ideas?

Fred
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Thanks guys for your replies. Actually I was hoping there was a method that returned that information. Maybe the amount staked should be included in getinfo, don't you think? Roll Eyes

FYI:
In future versions you'll need to compile/download the daemon (zeitcoind) for the use of all RPC commands.
The GUI wallet will come without an interface for RPC calls.

Cheers
legendary
Thanks guys for your replies. Actually I was hoping there was a method that returned that information. Maybe the amount staked should be included in getinfo, don't you think? Roll Eyes

One more idea for the headless wallet:
Getinfo does show the entire balance, so you can record it weekly and compare it with the prior week to see how much was minted.
Also you could look at the exchanges that you purchase your zeit originally to see what your original balance was?

Even better idea,    Cheesy
Install the GUI zeit wallet software on another PC or in a VM that does not have internet access ,
copy everything under your \users\%loginName\appdata\roaming\zeitcoin to the VM ,
This include your wallet.dat & blockchain files.

Then you can use the GUI zeit wallet to view transactions and use it filters to sort the data.  
Just copy the files when you want updated info.
Also after setting your Filters to select the data you want.
Use File , Export it out to a *.csv file.
From these you can pull it into excel or access or another program to use.
(Be sure and don't let the GUI wallet have internet access as it can cause you problems having the same wallet minting in 2 places. )

Cool
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
back to work = back to staking..

btw is there anything bad that can happen from suspending and resuming the wallet process as opposed to shutting the client down and then opening it back up? its a lot quicker that way for me
legendary
this site is a such a slut for hackers. everyone gets a go

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114359/the-inevitable-failure-of-proof-of-stake-blockchains-and-why-a-new-algorithm-is-needed

nothing we dont know but an interesting article.

Errors in the guys article

1 entity will keep all PoS coins for over a thousand years ,
In normal history, people die within 100 years , and their wealth is divided between their offspring.
Also they normally spend a portion of their wealth to gain other items they want more.

Issues about Nxt,
It Online wallets centralized it to only a handful of cloud providers,
(This is a bigger danger to it than anything the author described.)
There is a possible issue with their forging , that has not been answered.
https://nxtforum.org/testnet/nxt-security-audit-attack-simulations-on-testnet/msg160923/#msg160923
members of the Nxt community boast that Nxt will still be safe for up to 90% of the forging power
Keyword boast, No proof or even 3rd party agreement that it will work.

Cool
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
this site is a such a slut for hackers. everyone gets a go

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114359/the-inevitable-failure-of-proof-of-stake-blockchains-and-why-a-new-algorithm-is-needed

nothing we dont know but an interesting article.

I understand the article was sponsored by ASIC makers (& crowd-funded by the idiots who spent fortunes on racks & racks of them) (& the power companies who are the only ones making money from them)

Wink
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
Password is salted. It's a good idea to change it, but it's not needed.
The bigger problem is the amount of (hidden) non-anonymous email addresses that have been stolen.
Username -> email -> identity.

Cheers
If someone can explain why it's important - without geek-talk Wink - I'll chip in for a few shares @

https://bitnodes.net/services/crowdfunding/zeitcoin-node/

(It's been a profitable week for Bytecent mining Grin )
WELCOME BACK EVERYONE Grin

Have you changed your password & secret question?
Activity: 203
Does anyone know how to check the total amount that has been staked using the command line? (I'm running a headless wallet)

https://github.com/aceat64/EasyBitcoin-PHP
Only a small part of an ugly script i did to monitor my wallet using php Smiley
No easy work to get total pos using wallet command ^^

Code:

//--------------------------------------------

//zeit
$link mysql_connect($dbhost$dbusername$dbpassword)
    or die(
"Impossible de se connecter : " mysql_error());

mysql_select_db($dbdatabase,$link)  or die('Erreur de selection '.mysql_error());

$bitcoin2 = new Bitcoin($coin_username,$coin_password,$coin_url,$coin_port);

$tab $bitcoin2->getinfo();

$hash $bitcoin2->getmininginfo();

$hash $hash['networkhashps'];

if (
$hash 1000000000) { // Ghash
$hashrate $hash 1000000000
$hashrate round($hashrate,3);
$hashrate .= ' Ghash';
} elseif ($hash 1000000) { // Mhash
$hashrate $hash 1000000;
$hashrate .= ' Mhash';
}
else { // Khash
$hashrate $hash;
$hashrate .= ' Khash';
}

$transa $bitcoin2->listtransactions('*',$maxconnec,0);
$btcv $tab['balance'] * $zeitBTC;
$btcusd $usd $btcv;
$btceur $eur $btcv;
echo "";
echo "
"
;
echo ''.$coin_name.' Stats';
echo 'VersionBlocksDiffNet HashConnectionsBalance'.$coin_name.' Value฿$€';
echo ''.$tab['version'].''.$tab['blocks'].''.$tab['difficulty'].''.$hashrate.''.$tab['connections'].''.$tab['balance'].''.$zeitBTC.''.number_format($btcv8,",","").''.number_format($btcusd4,",","").''.number_format($btceur4,",","").'';
echo ''.$a1.'';
echo '';
 echo 
"
"
;
 echo 
"";
echo 'Last 25 Transactions
'
;
echo 'Amount฿$DateTypeConfirmationsExplorer';

$i $maxconnec;
$j 190;
while($i 0) {
$j--;
$i--;
 if ($transa[$i]['category'] == 'generate') {
 $aazz $bitcoin2->gettransaction($transa[$i]['txid']);
 $btcv $aazz['fee'] * $zeitBTC;
 $btcusd $usd $btcv;
 }
 elseif ($transa[$i]['category'] == 'orphan') {
 $aazz $bitcoin2->gettransaction($transa[$i]['txid']);
 $btcv $aazz['fee'] * $zeitBTC;
 $btcusd $usd $btcv;
 $myid $transa[$i]['txid'];
 $sqlx "delete FROM pos WHERE txid='$myid'";
 mysql_query($sqlx) or die('Erreur SQL !'.$sqlx.'
'
.mysql_error());
 }
 elseif ($transa[$i]['fee'] < 0) { 
 $myid $transa[$i]['txid'];
 $sqlx "delete FROM pos WHERE txid='$myid'";
 mysql_query($sqlx) or die('Erreur SQL !'.$sqlx.'
'
.mysql_error());
 }
 elseif ($transa[$i]['category'] == 'send') {
 if ($transa[$i]['txid'] != $myid) {
 $sql "INSERT IGNORE INTO pos(txid, amount, date) VALUES('" .$transa[$i]['txid']. "','" .$transa[$i]['fee']. "','" .date('Y/m/d'$transa[$i]['timereceived']). "')";
 mysql_query($sql) or die('Erreur SQL !'.$sql.'
'
.mysql_error());
 $btcv $transa[$i]['fee'] * $zeitBTC;
 echo ''.$transa[$i]['fee'].''.number_format($btcv8,",","").''.number_format($btcusd4,",","").''.date('d/m/Y'$transa[$i]['timereceived']).' à '.date('H:i'$transa[$i]['timereceived']).'POS'.$transa[$i]['confirmations'].'.$transa[$i]['txid'].'" TARGET="_blank">';
 }
 }
 else {
 $btcv $transa[$i]['amount'] * $zeitBTC;
 $btcusd $usd $btcv;
echo ''.$transa[$i]['amount'].''.number_format($btcv8,",","").''.number_format($btcusd4,",","").''.date('d/m/Y'$transa[$i]['timereceived']).' à '.date('H:i'$transa[$i]['timereceived']).''.$transa[$i]['category'].''.$transa[$i]['confirmations'].'.$transa[$i]['txid'].'" TARGET="_blank">';
}
}
echo "";
echo 'TotalTodayYesterdayAverage';
$res mysql_query('SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM pos') OR die(mysql_error());
$row mysql_fetch_assoc($res);
$sql="SELECT Sum(amount) FROM pos";  
$req mysql_query($sql) or die('Erreur SQL !
'
.mysql_error());   
$data mysql_fetch_array($req); 
echo ''.number_format($data[0], 8,",","").' ('.$row['total'].')';
$avg $data[0] / $dureeSejour2;
$res mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM pos WHERE date='".$auj."'") OR die(mysql_error());
$sql="SELECT Sum(amount) FROM pos WHERE date='".$auj."'";  
'
.mysql_error());   

$res mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) AS total FROM pos WHERE date='".$hier."'") OR die(mysql_error());
$sql="SELECT Sum(amount) FROM pos WHERE date='".$hier."'";  
'
.mysql_error());   
echo ''.number_format($avg8,",","").'';
mysql_close($link);
echo "";
?>
legendary
Does anyone know how to check the total amount that has been staked using the command line? (I'm running a headless wallet)

My Best Guess:
If you know your original amount before staking started,
then use listaccounts and subtract the original amount from it to see how much you staked.

Otherwise listtransactions might be able to help , but it requires extra work.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoind-listtransactions-easy-n00b-question-88463
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=14755.0

But you would have to pull the results into a database and calculate from there.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Best stake ever. Yum yum !!!

Fricking miljonairs  Cheesy

My highest so far has been a measly 15.000 Smiley

Wow! And here I thought my 30,000 mint was awesome.

Thanks, I think the max coins in one block is 99999999 coins, for that stake I had more than 80000000 coins that I consolidated on 4/30.  Cheesy
Activity: 137
legendary
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

Fricking miljonairs  Cheesy

My highest so far has been a measly 15.000 Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1148
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Wow! And here I thought my 30,000 mint was awesome.
legendary
Activity: 1404

Jump to: