Pages:
Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 25. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 13
Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack
Hello everybody. I hope ZeitCoin will take a normal position. And there will be a trade volume of at least 10 million a day. Now it's sad. Good luck to all.

Your posts are sad, aside from being useless , do you do anything for this coin?

or are you only posting to advertise that Obizcoin ICO Scam.
We hear a lot about stablecoins these days, do you think ZEIT could fall into this category ?

Without a doubt.  Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
We hear a lot about stablecoins these days, do you think ZEIT could fall into this category ?
Higher volume would signal accumulation phase. I don't think we see that in ZEIT, at least for now.

Though, interesting view. ZEIT horizon is very very far. I will HODL my small bag, but won't buy more.

Well , you are entitled to your opinion.

Mine is the accumulation phase is happening right now thru micro buys.

No matter Buy, Sell, or Hold, zeitcoin's destiny is a certainly.  Smiley
Higher volume would signal accumulation phase. I don't think we see that in ZEIT, at least for now.

Though, interesting view. ZEIT horizon is very very far. I will HODL my small bag, but won't buy more.

FYI:
So why are those sell orders at 2 sat holding the price down.
That is because their are one or more whales are using those sell walls to accumulate zeitcoins at a ridiculously low price ,
before they relent and watch the price skyrocket along with their investment.
Whales current strategy : Position Building & Suppressing prices  
Smartest play by all investors is to accumulate as many zeitcoins as possible while the whales are still suppressing the price.

Thank you for your educated answer.

While i can't totally disagree on the first part, your conclusion seems far fetched.

I don't think there is such a thing as a Whale conspiracy. It's juste the game of supply and demand, people go where it is profitable.
Supply is high because the whales don't believe in the coin anymore and what appears as a huge sell wall is just people trying to unload as they can.
Demand is very low.

That's the exact opposite of what a good investor would seek : low supply, high demand, and good entry price.

Here you may still have a good entry price, only if you change a parameter.

If not the interest rate, what could be done ?

Whales Manipulate a market by locking the price below a threshold and micro buy over time , and later once they have accumulated their desired amount, remove their walls and the price shoots up, this is happening to all of the crypto coins in existence today.  Enough of the global populace is not yet using enough of any coin to overpower the influence the whales are currently exerting on the markets.

Part of the reason for the ZEIT KNIGHTS is to stabilize the supply and prevent the whales from centralizing the coin as they are in most coins.

Proof of Stake is more secure with larger numbers of coins, verses small quantity.

ZEIT still has to have 1 more hard fork ,
the next hard fork will fix it so transactions fee are added to the stakers interest when they stake.
Plus it will need to change the current transaction fee from .1 to .001
Once those changes occur and the usage of zeitcoin grows globally,
people that stake will earn the ULI plus the transaction fees.
When the transaction are at :
¼ Capacity =   3024 zeitcoins will be paid out as fees per day
½ Capacity =   6048 zeitcoins will be paid out as fees per day
3/4 Capacity = 9072 zeitcoins will be paid out as fees per day
Full Capacity = 12096 zeitcoins will be paid out as fees per day

The Advantage to this design is that the fees do not increase the supply , so they won't cause a corresponding drop in price per coin like increased interest does.
Supply will be basically a constant, and as usage grows so too will the value and the transaction fees will pay the stakers more than the ULI interest earned.

As we are no where near even ¼ capacity, we have plenty of time before the hard fork is required, will probably be in 2019.

FYI:
Once Zeitcoin Full Capacity get near , we will increase the block size or speed up the blockspeed, so that users can earn more coins per day from transactions.
That is many years off.

FYI2:
To understand the mindset of the whales and their strategy,
read  https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@joseph/wolong-the-game-of-deception-unedited-version  

All one has to do , is realize the Zeitcoin is going to be a true decentralized world payment system and in time
Stakers will make a living off of staking alone , never needing to sell anything but the transaction fees they earned by processing transactions.

The Whales are playing their games now, but when mass adoption really occurs, those whales will be blown away as if they were the smallest guppies.  Wink

FYI:
That is because their are one or more whales are using those sell walls to accumulate zeitcoins at a ridiculously low price ,
Smartest play by all investors is to accumulate as many zeitcoins as possible while the whales are still suppressing the price.

Thank you for your educated answer.

While i can't totally disagree on the first part, your conclusion seems far fetched.

I don't think there is such a thing as a Whale conspiracy. It's juste the game of supply and demand, people go where it is profitable.
Supply is high because the whales don't believe in the coin anymore and what appears as a huge sell wall is just people trying to unload as they can.
Demand is very low.

That's the exact opposite of what a good investor would seek : low supply, high demand, and good entry price.

Here you may still have a good entry price, only if you change a parameter.

If not the interest rate, what could be done ?
I like this coin and HODL a small bag. And yet i think it's not going anywhere. A website is useless.

What would revive the coin is a higher interest rate and only this.

5% would be good, it's not inflationnary because there are lost coins every year, and still it rewards people for holding the coin long term.

This coin has the lowest of the lowest interest rate of all the PoS coins on earth.
Just check out poslist.org, ZEIT is no longer competitive.

5% is too high, reason being the quantity of coins required to be a Global Coin.

36,971,185,859 * 5% = 1848559292.95 new coins per year

1848559292.95 /365 days = 5064546 new coins per day

Meaning to maintain 1 penny US requires $50645.46 of new investment every day
Meaning to maintain 1 dollar US requires $5064546 of new investment every day

With the ULI activated at .0005% interest rate
36,971,185,859 * .0005% =  184856 new coins per year

184856 /365 days = 506  new coins per day

Meaning to maintain 1 penny US requires $5.06 of new investment every day
Meaning to maintain 1 dollar US requires $506 of new investment every day

ZEITCOIN's Target Price is between 1 US Penny and 1 US Dollar, anyone that can not see that this will happen over time is not using math.

The ULI makes the price per coin grow over time , verses high inflation which only increases the supply of coins while forever decreasing the price per coin.

The Community voted that they preferred an increasing price per coin.   Cool

FYI:

I like this coin and HODL a small bag. And yet i think it's not going anywhere. A website is useless.

What would revive the coin is a higher interest rate and only this.

5% would be good, it's not inflationnary because there are lost coins every year, and still it rewards people for holding the coin long term.

This coin has the lowest of the lowest interest rate of all the PoS coins on earth.
Just check out poslist.org, ZEIT is no longer competitive.
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
onion activo
revive congratulations, let's go with everything. Grin Grin Grin
2nd New Knight of 2018

tompin [5:09 AM]

Proof of ZEIT Knight

Name:                 Tompin

kiklo [6:42 AM]

Well Done!!!   Cool

Tompin has Passed the Test of ZeitKnight!

On Behalf of the ZeitKnights, We Welcome you Sir Tompin .
Good luck guys.

One more thing..does anyone knows why Zeitcoin is still in maintenance mode in CoinExchange?

CoinExchange Devs seem incompetent or they sold their zeitcoins on another exchange which is why they stopped the withdrawals, unknown which.

Activity: 70
Good luck guys.

One more thing..does anyone knows why Zeitcoin is still in maintenance mood in CoinExchange?

Because CoinExchange wants it that way.
Activity: 491
Merit: 250
Good luck guys.

One more thing..does anyone knows why Zeitcoin is still in maintenance mood in CoinExchange?
1st New ZEIT KNIGHT of 2018.

Proof of ZEIT Knight

Name: Medgr8 (Pronounced as Me the Great  Cool)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

kiklo [5:24 AM]

Sent 2018 zeitcoins to your address, send back 2017 zeitcoins and it will confirm your ownership of the account.
Medgr8 [6:28 AM]

Done

kiklo [6:47 AM]

Well Done!!!   Cool

Medgr8 has Passed the Test of ZeitKnight!
On Behalf of the ZeitKnights, We Welcome you Sir Medgr8
Activity: 70
Champagne tonight!

Congratulations on 4 great years!

ZEIT - For One - For All - FOREVER!
Activity: 76
https://m.popkey.co/d86114/qxy0g.gif

Happy Birthday ZEITCOIN,

4 Years old Today.

Anyone interested in becoming a ZEITKNIGHT,
Registrations are being held in zeit-knights.slack.com in the Knight-Registrations forum.
Registrations accepted only from March 1st thru 31st.
Requirements to become a Knight are to hold 100 million zeitcoins and the Will to Make a Difference.

Happy birthday ZEITCOIN !!! 4 years !!! against winds, tides and storms ! 4 years that i'm part of it !!!
I wish you a very good day and a very long life !
Hail to the ZEIT !

Happy Birthday ZEITCOIN,

4 Years old Today.

Anyone interested in becoming a ZEITKNIGHT,
Registrations are being held in zeit-knights.slack.com in the Knight-Registrations forum.
Registrations accepted only from March 1st thru 31st.
Requirements to become a Knight are to hold 100 million zeitcoins and the Will to Make a Difference.
Thank You, the 2G thing was it.
It worked! I'm at 99.80% synced.
On MAC High Sierra 10.13.13, First you need to make hidden files visible. http://www.vilbay.com/os/mac-os/show-hidden-files-macos-high-sierra/
Backup wallet. Close wallet. Right click quit on ZeitLogo, in Dock. Click Finder. Open new folder[command N] click on Go, then scroll down and click on "go to folder" type in [~/Library/Application Support] then enter
You will see the ZeitCoin folder.
Go into ZeitCoin folder. Delete everything except wallet.dat & zeitcoin-qt. Open Chrome Browser (Safari won't let you download this file), go into Preferences, Advanced (at bottom of page) set Downloads to "Ask where to save each file before downloading". Download Snapshot right into Zeitcoin folder, that you get at; https://mega.nz/#!SJQ2UJ5B!11ymINuQvuLydfScVGNCHjgxJCuidNjemMfn6nTbAmA watch bottom left corner on MEGA page to make sure it finishes downloading. I used The Unarchiver set at extract in to folder. You don't want it to make a new folder. After all the files are expanded simply click on zeitcoin-qt.

Activity: 7
Yes, I deleted all of the above files including old blk0001.dat then dragged in the blk0001.dat that the snapshot created. What is the [/color] you mention?

[/color] , Typo

Which directory did you extract the files into?

~/Library/Application Support/zeitcoin

Hmm,
Delete the blockchain files again,  then start the zeitcoin wallet and open the folder ~/Library/Application Support/zeitcoin
Watch and see if when zeitcoin starts syncing if the file size for the blk0001.dat increases , if so that is the correct folder
If the blk0001.dat file size stays the same, then it is the wrong folder,
Post the results.

**UPDATE:  After a little Research there appears to be a bug in the Apple OS.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/fat-maximum-file-size-shrunk-in-high-sierra.2074025/

In this bug, apple OS version macOS High Sierra (10.13)') does not copy a file over 2 Gig correctly.
blk0001.dat is over 2 gig so that may be the issue.

Try Extracting the rar file directly into the ~/Library/Application Support/zeitcoin folder
and if that also fails try using this alternate file manager
https://mac.eltima.com/file-manager.html

If neither of those work, you stuck having to sync from scratch and would need to write a script to restart the zeitcoin wallet every 4 hours until synced.
If you have access to a PC or a Mac not on that OS version try using one of those instead.

Thank You, the 2G thing was it.
It worked! I'm at 99.80% synced.
On MAC High Sierra 10.13.13, First you need to make hidden files visible. http://www.vilbay.com/os/mac-os/show-hidden-files-macos-high-sierra/
Backup wallet. Close wallet. Right click quit on ZeitLogo, in Dock. Click Finder. Open new folder[command N] click on Go, then scroll down and click on "go to folder" type in [~/Library/Application Support] then enter
You will see the ZeitCoin folder.
Go into ZeitCoin folder. Delete everything except wallet.dat & zeitcoin-qt. Open Chrome Browser (Safari won't let you download this file), go into Preferences, Advanced (at bottom of page) set Downloads to "Ask where to save each file before downloading". Download Snapshot right into Zeitcoin folder, that you get at; https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1336?postId=7831 watch bottom left corner on MEGA page to make sure it finishes downloading. I used The Unarchiver set at extract in to folder. You don't want it to make a new folder. After all the files are expanded simply click on zeitcoin-qt.
Pages:
Jump to: