Pages:
Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 26. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 13
Killing Lightning Network with a 51% Ignore attack
Yes, I deleted all of the above files including old blk0001.dat then dragged in the blk0001.dat that the snapshot created. What is the [/color] you mention?

[/color] , Typo

Which directory did you extract the files into?

~/Library/Application Support/zeitcoin

Hmm,
Delete the blockchain files again,  then start the zeitcoin wallet and open the folder ~/Library/Application Support/zeitcoin
Watch and see if when zeitcoin starts syncing if the file size for the blk0001.dat increases , if so that is the correct folder
If the blk0001.dat file size stays the same, then it is the wrong folder,
Post the results.

**UPDATE:  After a little Research there appears to be a bug in the Apple OS.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/fat-maximum-file-size-shrunk-in-high-sierra.2074025/

In this bug, apple OS version macOS High Sierra (10.13)') does not copy a file over 2 Gig correctly.
blk0001.dat is over 2 gig so that may be the issue.

Try Extracting the rar file directly into the ~/Library/Application Support/zeitcoin folder
and if that also fails try using this alternate file manager
https://mac.eltima.com/file-manager.html

If neither of those work, you stuck having to sync from scratch and would need to write a script to restart the zeitcoin wallet every 4 hours until synced.
If you have access to a PC or a Mac not on that OS version try using one of those instead.

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Yes, I deleted all of the above files including old blk0001.dat then dragged in the blk0001.dat that the snapshot created. What is the [/color] you mention?

[/color] , Typo

~/Library/Application Support/zeitcoin

[/color] , Typo

I just checked my wallet again - still 0 ZEIT is there - so I also checked again my SouthXchange account and I see theres my 1.9M ZEIT.

BUT - what I dont understand (and SouthXchange doesnt really show good info) - I withdrew 1.1M Zeit to my wallets address on Jan 13 - and it says confirmed - but these 1.1M ZEIT dont show up in my wallet.
But as far I understand the SouthXchange history I withdrew that to my wallets adress - so wheres those coins ?

I did the -rescan in the console but nothing.

Maybe someone with more knowlegde than me can help me find the solution.

Thanks

Ok, your address was listed at MXt259XdxymZb8wgjYxJysdyfMarejmMHL
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/address.dws?MXt259XdxymZb8wgjYxJysdyfMarejmMHL.htm

According to the block explorer the amount is in the address.

You need to click on Receive coins in your ZEIT Wallet and Look at the receive addresses
If you do not see MXt259XdxymZb8wgjYxJysdyfMarejmMHL  , then you are not using the correct wallet.dat

Do you have MXt259XdxymZb8wgjYxJysdyfMarejmMHL in your Receive coins List?

FYI: This may be your problem
The command is zeitcoin-qt.exe  -rescan  and you run it from a command prompt or in your case open a Mac terminal window and run it.
If you run it from inside the zeit wallet debug window/console, it does nothing.

Activity: 35
I just checked my wallet again - still 0 ZEIT is there - so I also checked again my SouthXchange account and I see theres my 1.9M ZEIT.

BUT - what I dont understand (and SouthXchange doesnt really show good info) - I withdrew 1.1M Zeit to my wallets address on Jan 13 - and it says confirmed - but these 1.1M ZEIT dont show up in my wallet.
But as far I understand the SouthXchange history I withdrew that to my wallets adress - so wheres those coins ?

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-34917040/Bildschirmfoto2018-02-28um09.15.15.jpg.html

I did the -rescan in the console but nothing.

Maybe someone with more knowlegde than me can help me find the solution.

Thanks

With help from community here's steps I took to get MAC WALLET up and running.  

Thought I'd consolidate to make easier on future person.

Download Wallet and find overall information from the Opening Page:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/zeit-community-knights-ultra-low-inflation-micro-payments-487814

Download “Snapshot” ‘.rar file Here:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Forum/Thread/1336?postId=7831
*Note the directions on this are for Windows but the ".rar" file is same

Open Wallet you downloaded

Close Wallet

Open folder: Library/Application Support/zeitcoin
*Note, it’s hard to find “hidden” folders in macs. This is what threw me off.  Here’s a good direction (from a user here!) on how to find that folder: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-show-hidden-files-library-folder-mac-3520878/

Move .rar file to Library/Application Support/zeitcoin

“Uncompress” .rar file in Library/Application Support/zeitcoin
*Note, I had to download this application and it worked like a charm:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dr-unarchiver-rar-zip-tool/id1127253508?mt=12

You will notice a new folder Library/Application Support/zeitcoin/
ZeitBlockChainSnapShot-2018-01-09
*the name of the folder will be in sync with current .rar (snapshot) you downloaded

Move any file or folder from that new folder (Library/Application Support/zeitcoin/
ZeitBlockChainSnapShot-2018-01-09)  into main folder Library/Application Support/zeitcoin)

BEFORE YOU DO THAT, delete in main folder (Library/Application Support/zeitcoin) anything named the same in the new snapshot folder.  The new ones are the ones you want to use.

After that's done Open Wallet

It should be syncing. It takes a few hours for the first time so leave it open but once it does it works.

"Help/Debug" in wallet shows you status of how many blocks are left and how far back the last block was. If it's 100's or 1000s of days ago it's not correct.

ONce synced you'll get a confirmation.  

Then

Test receiving small amount of ZEIT in from an exchange. Confirm

Test sending small amount of ZEIT out back to exchange Confirm.

“Encrypt” your wallet.  DON’T LOSE YOUR PASS PHRASE.  

Use your wallet.

Once you have base coins in there BACKUP wallet.dat in a safe place with a date stamp so you can use that with your pass phrase if you ever need to.

I keep my wallet locked and not into “minting” and all that right now.  Happy to have control of my investment (not a small one for me at this guppy at this point) so will secure and figure out if I want to do that later.  But prob leave that to others since stake rate is low.  Which actually is a good thing for stability of coin.  

Hope this helps and any “knights” who think I did something wrong please raise red flag for myself and others.

On a MAC 10.13.3.  I downloaded the snapshot. Followed the directions. It ignored the blk0001.dat and it just created a blk0002. The syncing is at 1457 days ago (0.08%) why would it do that?

You must have missed a step.
Be sure you delete the old blockchain files, but be sure to have a backup of your wallet.dat if you have coins in it.
Make sure your Mac has it where you can view hidden files and make sure you extract the snapshot to the correct directory
* If your rar extraction program was set not to overwrite files and you already have a blk001.dat file in the directory , it would cause the problem you described.*

ACTIVE Wallet:Install Instructions ,
(Be sure to have a backup of your Wallet.dat 1st)
Make sure Zeitcoin is closed
Go under c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin (for Windows) or in the Zeitcoin data folder for other OSes
Then Delete 5 files : .lock & blk0001.dat & blk0002.dat & db.log & debug.log
Then Delete 2 folders named : database & txleveldb

Then Extract and copy the files from ZeitcoinBlockchainSnapshot into
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin or in the Zeitcoin data folder for other OSes
Then open Zeitcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last snapshot.

* For Macs your Folder should be Library/Application Support/zeitcoin. *

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/zeit-community-knights-ultra-low-inflation-micro-payments-487814

Close Wallet

*Note, it’s hard to find “hidden” folders in macs. This is what threw me off.  Here’s a good direction (from a user here!) on how to find that folder: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-show-hidden-files-library-folder-mac-3520878/

*Note, I had to download this application and it worked like a charm:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dr-unarchiver-rar-zip-tool/id1127253508?mt=12

*the name of the folder will be in sync with current .rar (snapshot) you downloaded

Move any file or folder from that new folder (Library/Application Support/zeitcoin/
ZeitBlockChainSnapShot-2018-01-09)  into main folder Library/Application Support/zeitcoin)

BEFORE YOU DO THAT, delete in main folder (Library/Application Support/zeitcoin) anything named the same in the new snapshot folder.  The new ones are the ones you want to use.

It should be syncing. It takes a few hours for the first time so leave it open but once it does it works.

"Help/Debug" in wallet shows you status of how many blocks are left and how far back the last block was. If it's 100's or 1000s of days ago it's not correct.

Then

Use your wallet.

Once you have base coins in there BACKUP wallet.dat in a safe place with a date stamp so you can use that with your pass phrase if you ever need to.

I keep my wallet locked and not into “minting” and all that right now.  Happy to have control of my investment (not a small one for me at this guppy at this point) so will secure and figure out if I want to do that later.  But prob leave that to others since stake rate is low.  Which actually is a good thing for stability of coin.  

Hope this helps and any “knights” who think I did something wrong please raise red flag for myself and others.

On a MAC 10.13.3.  I downloaded the snapshot. Followed the directions. It ignored the blk0001.dat and it just created a blk0002. The syncing is at 1457 days ago (0.08%) why would it do that?

You must have missed a step.
Be sure you delete the old blockchain files, but be sure to have a backup of your wallet.dat if you have coins in it.
Make sure your Mac has it where you can view hidden files and make sure you extract the snapshot to the correct directory
* If your rar extraction program was set not to overwrite files and you already have a blk001.dat file in the directory , it would cause the problem you described.*

ACTIVE Wallet:Install Instructions ,
(Be sure to have a backup of your Wallet.dat 1st)
Make sure Zeitcoin is closed
Go under c:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin (for Windows) or in the Zeitcoin data folder for other OSes
Then Delete 5 files : .lock & blk0001.dat & blk0002.dat & db.log & debug.log
Then Delete 2 folders named : database & txleveldb

Then Extract and copy the files from ZeitcoinBlockchainSnapshot into
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin or in the Zeitcoin data folder for other OSes
Then open Zeitcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last snapshot.

* For Macs your Folder should be Library/Application Support/zeitcoin. *
Activity: 39
Any news about the site?  Roll Eyes

Design is done, the desktop version is done, now they are coding a responsive theme for mobile and filling the pages with the final text.
Good, thank's

Close Wallet

Then

Use your wallet.

On a MAC 10.13.3.  I downloaded the snapshot. Followed the directions. It ignored the blk0001.dat and it just created a blk0002. The syncing is at 1457 days ago (0.08%) why would it do that?
So, you've proven my point, Zin-Zang, ZEIT has no USP, it's just a MeToo Crypto with it's roots in TZM (hence the ZCM) but no intent to actually DO anything, it's utterly worthless and therefore a waste of electricity & storage/network capacity.

I posted again for those with more patience for such selfishness and greed than I have and unless I'm banned before the interests of Crypto and social change come up again, I'll post here again when I see fit.
But thanks for that explanation of what ZEIT is, which could be used for just about any of the other hundreds of Cryptos but nothing that distinguishes it from them.

Look , you're obviously an idiot , don't expect to continue to be an idiot and not be called on it.  Wink

Funny how you claimed in 2014 to be done with zeitcoin and yet in 2018, you still want to talk about zeitcoin.

If you can't see the difference between ZEIT and the other coins , then feel free to be stupid in another forum.

As far as your love affair with TZM scammers, you can shove them up your butt for all I care.

FYI: All one has to do to see that you are utterly clueless is scan your post history.
Where you say stupid shit like this:
I personally want to see ASICs running blockchains, they use far less electric to run which is far better for the environment
Your own words prove you are a Dufus.

Fact of the Matter is Proof of Stake is worlds better for the environment and will not raise poor people electric bills like your beloved ASICS, where poor people have to cut back on other needed items to maintain their heating and cooling , but you are too stupid kissing peter joseph's scamming ass to realize that.

Qan
Activity: 159
Merit: 1
If Zeit is as worthy or worthless as any other crypto sooner or later it's price and marketcap would be pretty much in line with coins like Litecoin, Bitcoin etc. I think I can live with that.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP
So, you've proven my point, Zin-Zang, ZEIT has no USP, it's just a MeToo Crypto with it's roots in TZM (hence the ZCM) but no intent to actually DO anything, it's utterly worthless and therefore a waste of electricity & storage/network capacity.

I posted again for those with more patience for such selfishness and greed than I have and unless I'm banned before the interests of Crypto and social change come up again, I'll post here again when I see fit.
But thanks for that explanation of what ZEIT is, which could be used for just about any of the other hundreds of Cryptos but nothing that distinguishes it from them.
Ok got my Wallet back running and with the snapshot updated - BUT I miss my coins ...

I withdrew my ZEIT from SouthXchange on January 13 - and it got confirmed:

The snapshot I use now is from feb 01 - usually my withdrawel should already be visible - ok the wallet is still syncing up with the missing 24 days.

But I checked the wallet adress and its identical - so why my withdrawel doesnt show up in my wallet ?

Once your Zeit Wallet is completely Synced.
Check your Balance, if the Balance is incorrect.
Click on Help, click Debug Window, click Console,
type in repairwallet and hit enter, then check your Balance

If Balance is still not correct.
Then From a Command Prompt run zeitcoin-qt.exe -rescan
will take a little while but should correct your balance info.

You can also modify the shortcut to add -rescan .
Just remove it from the shortcut after running it.

Activity: 35
Ok got my Wallet back running and with the snapshot updated - BUT I miss my coins ...

I withdrew my ZEIT from SouthXchange on January 13 - and it got confirmed:

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-34912097/Bildschirmfoto2018-02-27um09.28.43.jpg.html

The snapshot I use now is from feb 01 - usually my withdrawel should already be visible - ok the wallet is still syncing up with the missing 24 days.

But I checked the wallet adress and its identical - so why my withdrawel doesnt show up in my wallet ?
No one gives a Crap about Peter Joseph.
TZM lost its way, they are a useless organization now.

ZEITCOIN is making into a reality what they promised and TZM has absolutely nothing to with it.

Did you really not know that?   Cool

Well, that's clearly a dumb statement

From my experience, Zeitcoin lost it's way in the first few months, being guided down paths that would ensure profit for those involved and if any good comes of it for other people, well that would be a bonus (if only to justify why a few were making big profits).

Nope, didn't know that, still don't. What I do know now having tried to do a quick bit of research from this reply is, Peter's account blocked me on Twitter around October and I only just found out (though really can't figure why other than a minor sparring over not a lot a month earlier).

I don't know what I know, I'm not omniscient.

Well for your personal knowledge and future reference.

Original Dev bailed in the 1st 3 months, and his wasted time talking to TZM left with him.

TZM is the ones begging for donations for how many years now that just goes to pay their selves, with no actual results in the real world.

Peter is a scammer that begs for donation and never shows any results.

ZEIT is a Global Change taking away control of personal transactions from the Elite Bankers and their Government Minions that have been using debt to enslave the global populace for centuries.

ZEIT  is a unit of exchange between individuals and the individuals determine the value of the agreed on exchange, not 3rd parties like the federal reserve or Government middle men, plus ZEIT's Transactions system is decentralized and not controlled by a 3rd party like the Chinese Mining Pools.

ie: The Chinese Mining Pools by controlling more than 51% have the ability to block transactions in Bitcoin making it no better than a Fiat controlled Currency.

ZEIT , However , No one and no group have the power to block transactions like the controlled currencies, that is the advantages of ZEIT being Truly Decentralized.

Hmm,
@TuxNut , Why are you even posting here?
Didn't you bugger off in 2014?

Since I'm in the mood again due to the lovely recovery ... anyone wants some CASH coins?

50 per person .. same deal .. PM your address

also sending 500 to faucet.

What lovely recovery?

BTW, I'm walking away from Zeit so no point chatting to me about that :p
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Design is done, the desktop version is done, now they are coding a responsive theme for mobile and filling the pages with the final text.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP

ZEITCOIN is making into a reality what they promised and TZM has absolutely nothing to with it.

Well, that's clearly a dumb statement

From my experience, Zeitcoin lost it's way in the first few months, being guided down paths that would ensure profit for those involved and if any good comes of it for other people, well that would be a bonus (if only to justify why a few were making big profits).

Nope, didn't know that, still don't. What I do know now having tried to do a quick bit of research from this reply is, Peter's account blocked me on Twitter around October and I only just found out (though really can't figure why other than a minor sparring over not a lot a month earlier).

I don't know what I know, I'm not omniscient.
Activity: 39
Just in case noone's left that actually gives a crap about TZM and therefore this doesn't get posted.

Zeitgeist/Peter Joseph talking Blockchain (I've only just started watching so I don't know where it goes).

ZEIT hit 50 satoshi on yobit only 2 satoshi on cryptopia wow :-D weee

===>

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ZEIT_BTC

And you forgot to tell that Yobit wallet is not synced at all.... deposit are OFF !!

Yoshit is a scam exchange 90% of their wallets have been offline for over a year.
No deposits or withdraws. It is a wonder no one has sued them yet.
Activity: 76

ZEIT hit 50 satoshi on yobit only 2 satoshi on cryptopia wow :-D weee

===>

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ZEIT_BTC

And you forgot to tell that Yobit wallet is not synced at all.... deposit are OFF !!
Pages:
Jump to: