Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 256. (Read 1009280 times)

legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Does anyone else have orphan issue beside me? I haven't notice as much before and started Zeitcoin with the repairwallet didn't remove them.

legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1036
neither is most of my hardware
What kind of PC hardware isn't windows compatible?

It's the same procedure with every other os.
Downloading from the beginning doesn't take multiple weeks.

Here's a short overview:
Complete chain download: 3-6 days. (multiple wallet restarts required because of the max orphan memory value [default: 750])
Bootstrap import: 10-24h. (multiple restarts, same known issue as above)
Chain Snapshot: 0h + [rest time]

The maximum orphan block value is a security feature of many coins including bitcoin.
Some coins have a -maxorphanblocks parameter. Changing that value isn't recommendable.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Why didn't you follow the instructions on the official website

Because I'm not windows compatible and neither is most of my hardware.
I never thought it would take multiple weeks to sync up.

Anyway it worked, only 10 days left to sync.
legendary
Ray, Kiklo, (Ebolansk?)

Just in case this ISN'T just fudding by the powers that be, maybe we should have some kind of response ready?

http://presschain.com/decentralized-malware-on-the-blockchain/

The research focus revolves around the threat of embedding decentralized chunks of malware on the blockchain by either hosting it or referencing it with cascaded pointers. Transactions and data are encrypted throughout the blockchain networks using different versions of public/private key encryption. Could malware survive eternally inside crypto-transactions? A proof of concept will be explained highlighting the concerns revolving around the “abuse and bloating” of the blockchain while comparing it to previous malware hosting and deployment models.

Yes, it is possible. You can store everything in the blockchain in different ways. But you need a software to activate the malware on your device or computer.
You can store virus signatures, pictures, audio files, compiled code etc. That's no secret - it's the chain's nature.

A possible way to do that: http://www.cryptograffiti.info/
All you need to know is the blockhigh where it starts/ends (pointer).

Example: http://www.cryptograffiti.info/?txnr=2194
Transaction: https://blockchain.info/tx/0913d8125167f728cec1b95d27e6fc62a7a45af35eecfefd3b5000e367ee1468
legendary
Can't find a link to a snapshot.
Been holding a good hoard of zeit for 51 weeks now. Spent most of februari trying to sync up the new wallet.

This 1 adress rule for proof of knightship is just great.

Why didn't you follow the instructions on the official website or download the bootstrap?
There isn't any 1 address rule. It's the easiest way for us, but you can give us more than 1 addresses.

Visit:
http://www.zeit-coin.net for bootstrap download. (Copy bootstrap.dat into your zeitcoin directory)
or
http://www.zeit-coin.net/update for snapshot versions. (direct link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/52j5voifa7g5ge6/ZeitCoin-Blockchain.zip) (faster than bootstrap import)

Cheers,
Ray

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Ray, Kiklo, (Ebolansk?)

Just in case this ISN'T just fudding by the powers that be, maybe we should have some kind of response ready?

http://presschain.com/decentralized-malware-on-the-blockchain/

The research focus revolves around the threat of embedding decentralized chunks of malware on the blockchain by either hosting it or referencing it with cascaded pointers. Transactions and data are encrypted throughout the blockchain networks using different versions of public/private key encryption. Could malware survive eternally inside crypto-transactions? A proof of concept will be explained highlighting the concerns revolving around the “abuse and bloating”� of the blockchain while comparing it to previous malware hosting and deployment models.
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
Been holding a good hoard of zeit for 51 weeks now. Spent most of februari trying to sync up the new wallet.

You are right, the OP is not updated with the most recent version (kiklo is it possible to do that?).
it just took me few seconds of searching in kiklo's post history to get the most recent version tough.
Here you go:

Zeit Wallet Install Instructions for New Users
Latest Version  2.0.1.5 Gauntlet

Download New Wallets from  http://www.zeit-coin.net  
You need Winrar to unzip the wallet, download winrar at
http://rarlabs.com/download.htm

From Here you have 2 Choices,    
Option 1: Just start the new zeitcoin-qt.exe and let it sync from scratch , (take 2 or 3 days), if it pauses during the sync, you can just leave it , or restart it and it will jump over the slow spots.

Option 2: Fast Way (15 minutes) if you don't want to wait for the Blockchain to sync from the beginning.  
Go to Any of the Following Links to get a copy of the Zeitcoin Blockchain from Feb 14th, 2015.

https://mega.co.nz/#!7JwFWazC!kdPDb-USzYdnIMlUCjWn_TnflWbsVmLbetNWK9rIWeo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a3l0akth7dpoeg/ZeitCoin-Blockchain.zip?dl=0

Make sure Zeitcoin is closed
Then Unpack and copy & replace the files from Zeitcoin-Blockchain into
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin
Then open Zeitcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the Feb 14th, 2015 instead of the start.    

Cool

FYI:
Zeit Wallet Upgrade Instructions for Anyone on an older version before 2.0.1.5
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9909181

uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
Becoming a ZeitKnight sounds great, but alas I downloaded the new wallet and it won't finish syncing in februari.
Got my Zeit in 5 adresses need my wallet synced up to park it all in one adress for the proof of zeit.

^&%*&$%#$##
you don't need to download the whole blockchain. Just take the most recent snapshot of the blockchain from kiklo's posts (link should be in the OP, too) and update just the reminder. It should save you a lot of time!
Becoming a ZeitKnight sounds great, but alas I downloaded the new wallet and it won't finish syncing in februari.
Got my Zeit in 5 adresses need my wallet synced up to park it all in one adress for the proof of zeit.

^&%*&$%#$##
legendary
.........why nobody needs a way to integrate multiple wallets, and/or why it should not be done in .net. Perhaps nobody else wants it, but I want it, so that's good enough for me Smiley

JJ12880

zeitcoind.exe win32 2.0.1.5-gauntlet
https://mega.co.nz/#!ogM20LTK!iu6NeToe6tvTJEWxP5QXglFKosT5GxAm2e5LuH3GtVc
legendary
Activity: 1092
Proof of ZeitKnight!
Only 4 Days Left of Feb. Registrations
Only the 1st 15 Knights will be accepted for Feb Registrations.
All others will have to wait til the next registration.

Rules for posting ,
1st 15 with at least 100 Million Zeitcoins in 1 Address confirmed by the Block Explorer will be Zeit Knights.
New Knights will be confirmed in order of posting, so if you are the 16th one, you will have to try again at the next registration.

Goto https://chainz.cryptoid.info/zeit/   and verify your amount of zeit is at least 100 million.
Copy & Paste your zeit address in the search box and hit enter.
Copy & Paste  your Address & Balance  in a POST
Example Post:

Name:                 Kiklo
Address               MgUFJ2AJvhaWsW4kkfwoDuzy2pZSQLJB63       
Balance               109,697,169.412637 ZEIT

Once your Post is up, We will send you 2025 zeitcoins within 12 hours, after you receive the zeitcoins,
Use Coin Control and send back exactly 2015 zeitcoins to MgUFJ2AJvhaWsW4kkfwoDuzy2pZSQLJB63 , from the 2025 that was sent to you.

(Only send from the block of 2025 sent to you, sending from another block , can cause the entire block amount to be subtracted from your total by the block explorer stats.)

This confirms your ownership of the Account.
Within 24 hours of confirming ownership of the account,
A Post will be added to the Zeit Forum of your Achievement & ZEIT KNIGHTHOOD!!!

Cool

Only 5 left for Feb 2015.
legendary
OK , now I understand what you are doing.
Sorry, not something we have been using so you will probably need to compile one.
Checked some other POS coins ,they also did not have one anymore.

I mention the network connections because the POS is better with 12 connections,
but you can restrict network connections to just 2 or 3 for each POW coin helping to cut down on net traffic.

Multiwallet verses Singlewallet , probably will be a personal preference for most,
I only keep ZeitCoin , any other coin I end of using the exchanges wallets to bounce them about.
But if you want multiple coins on your own PC, I can see the appeal.

Good Luck with your Multiwallet.

Cool
Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff
Hey guys, thanks for the input.

(please don't think about .NET GUI with multiple RPC calls to different daemons. Nobody needs something like that)

Sorry to disappoint, but this was Exactly what I was thinking, lol.  While not a true multi-wallet, it would serve my purpose.  Most of my projects are problem oriented, and are built for me and my purposes first. If other people find them useful, then wonderful, but that is not the original goal.  Any programs I would release to the public would be done open source, and on github so the code could be reviewed. My current problem, is that Ive gotten tired of having multiple GUI's open for multiple coins. I tend to use my wallets on a regular basis because I trade regularly, and also move my coins off the exchanges when I can.  I want to have one window, where I can see all my coins, and perform basic send/receive functions from one integrated UI.   I prefer to work smarter, not harder, and a .net GUI that sits on top of the coin wallets/daemons that I want to access is the quickest and easiest way to solve my problem.  

Many many (older) coins ship with both the QT wallet and the coind.exe, and while perhaps not a TRUE daemon in the purest sense but rather a headless wallet, its the common windows equivalent.  Yes, I could compile my own "headless wallet" but i figured id ask if anyone had one laying around before I went through the trouble. If not, no worries.

I was developing in .net long before Litecoin was ever a thing, and that is what I am fastest with, so that is my language of choice for this project.  Furthermore, running a UI on top of existing code helps to ensure that I don't bungle up some inner workings of a coin, especially considering the various unique nuances of some coins. Making the wallet this way, essentially turns the various "daemons" into plugins, and I ( or whoever else) can pick and choose what coins they want to have open. Yes, you have to have the blockchain for each coin, yes you need to be able to support multiple network connections, yes, it will take system resources, but no more than will running each wallet individually. Also, yes there are dangers of messing up the accounts, but this is just a GUI, not a new CryptRush.  I am not offended by others suggestions and/or criticisms so long as they are founded and constructive.  I am interested in hearing why nobody needs a way to integrate multiple wallets, and/or why it should not be done in .net. Perhaps nobody else wants it, but I want it, so that's good enough for me Smiley

JJ12880

legendary
Hello Ladies and GentleKnights!

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of a windows ZeitCoin daemon? I am working on testing a project that will hopefully become a windows multi-coin wallet. Some of my friends use ZeitCoin, and I would like to be able to have it as a supported coin.

Thanks!
JJ12880

Most Coins that I know of, only have Daemons for Linux,
for windows you want a windows service , that would be the closest to a linux daemon.
Porting a linux daemon to a windows service , requires extreme amounts of effort and changes to the code to make it work, (to the best of my knowledge on the subject).
A multiwallet for POW is no big problem as their wallets do very little, and their asics do all of the work,
Our POS wallets do the jobs of the asics ,keeping the network running & providing secutity, so alot more will be going on with a multiwallet with POS coins. Also many POS coins running at once would require a minimum of 12 network connects per POS coin to actively support its network.  If any POS coin in your multiwallet changes anything that requires a hardfork, your program would require an update.

But if you know of anyone that ports linux daemons to windows services, let me know, and I will look into it price wise since their may be other possible uses in addition to yours.

Cool

FYI:
Here is the link to the source code ,
https://github.com/zeitcoin/zeitcoin
legendary
JJ might be new here, but he is certainly not new to crypto.

I can vouch for his technical abilities through my experiences over at CoinBlab.

His ideas may not fit in with our ideas of how to progress, but perhaps we should, at the very least, be a little bit grateful that someone from outside our community thinks we are worth including in large-scale projects.

You're right - sorry.
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
JJ might be new here, but he is certainly not new to crypto.

I can vouch for his technical abilities through my experiences over at CoinBlab.

His ideas may not fit in with our ideas of how to progress, but perhaps we should, at the very least, be a little bit grateful that someone from outside our community thinks we are worth including in large-scale projects.
legendary

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of a windows ZeitCoin daemon? I am working on testing a project that will hopefully become a windows multi-coin wallet. Some of my friends use ZeitCoin, and I would like to be able to have it as a supported coin.

Thanks!
JJ12880

You could compile it yourself. It's the safest way.
A Multiwallet (only for win) with different (standalone) Full-Node-Services makes no sense. User has an amount of 300 GB in chains with 40 daemons running - why should anyone do that? You need a solution like Electrum with multiple coins without having fullnodes.

You are a newbie and you're asking for precompiled code for your project? Excuse me, but how would you realize a mammoth project like that? It's as useless like a cigar without tobacco.

Cheers,
Zay

(please don't think about .NET GUI with multiple RPC calls to different daemons. Nobody needs something like that)
Activity: 671
Merit: 501
Blockchain and stuff

Thanks!
JJ12880
legendary
By that logic POW isn't a problem either, look at all the people trading btc and ltc....

People do a lot of things before they realized the truth.
Barbershop blood letting was one.  Mining POW coins at a financial loss is another.
In my logic POW is not sustainable in the long run, it will be government or corporate controlled.
POS Profit can run forever due to the fact it causes no additional drain of resources ,
financial or electrical.
If your logic does not agree with that, we can just agree to disagree and let history shows which of our concepts was accurate.

Cool
Jump to: