Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 349. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Agreed.  Rename/Rebrand.  Get rid of the name "Zeit."  Initially it wasn't a bad idea, but it wasn't bought into, so we should go a different direction.

Huh

Renaming isn't even on the discussion list!

Of course, if you have enough Zeit you can bring it to the council if you want -

But I'm perfectly happy with the name & image. Especially the world-class graphics Wink

... and we haven't even tied ourselves to a brand/use-case yet!

We have a damned good coin & wallet which is doing EXACTLY what it was designed to do. People are starting to wake up to it's true potential.

Maybe you are our zeithawk?
Activity: 588
Merit: 510
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Nah, we're being fucked with again Sad

That wall @ 34 has appeared in the last hour.

Well that's consistent! There is one amongst us who must have mined a ton of Zeitcoins early on. That person watches like a hawk for any opportunity to sell low at any slight price rise. Like a hawk, that person swoops down on any unsuspecting mouse daring to offer a little more to buy Zeit. Let's call that hawk a Zeithawk  Smiley

34 Litoshis isn't even 1 Satoshi. Do you remember looking at the buy wall on Mintpal and daydreaming of buying at 1 satoshi? Nah! 'never happen! At current exchange rates 1 Satoshi = 45 Litoshis.

I don't mind Zeitcoin being so low in price at this moment in time. It gives investors an ideal opportunity to buy into Zeitcoin and to try it at low risk. I do know from private messages that I have recieved through this forum over the last couple of days that there are definite developmental moves in progress, which could expand the functionalty of Zeitcoin into the commercial arena. Whether this happens remains to be seen.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Agreed.  Rename/Rebrand.  Get rid of the name "Zeit."  Initially it wasn't a bad idea, but it wasn't bought into, so we should go a different direction.
Nah, we're being fucked with again Sad

That wall @ 34 has appeared in the last hour.
Well, sell orders at 30, 31, 32, and 33 disappeared and the price held at 34 for a while, but now a couple of sell orders have crept in below the bar for fractions of a litecoin that wouldn't even buy you a packet of cigs! If people are that desperate, fair enough.  Smiley

I have a feeling that this coin will rise naturally anyway  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1046
I'm doing 2 trades a day - a friend of me, too. Nice to have you guys here.
We have a War Room in the official Forum for strategical events.
Everyone who want access: Please send your username!

Let's support kiklo and his team of Guardians. Make your Zeitcoins count.

One way that we could do this by adhering to a proposed a six month moratorium whereby nobody sells under 100 Litoshis.

I'm sure most of the sell wall reads this thread. How about the moratorium starting from the beginning October 2014 and ending in April 2015? Let's signal our support by peeling off now (sell orders, not clothes!)

Great idea dude!

I have no sell orders below 2 satoshis (LazyCoins as previously explained) & I joyously pledge not make ANY other sell orders until my Birthday.

I did calculate that if all the LTC tied up in buy orders below 20 litoshis were used to reduce the sell walls, we'd get to 50 or 60 pretty quickly, so how about a 2nd moratorium for 'low buys'?

The low buy wall will thin out if nobody sells at those prices.

OK let's do this gradually. Everybody with 30 to 39 Litoshi sells - show support by peeling back to 40 and beyond. Let's see if we get movement. If we do, that will give others the confidence that the roll back to 100 and beyond might work.

It will also signal to outsiders the strength of our community.

One way that we could do this by adhering to a proposed a six month moratorium whereby nobody sells under 100 Litoshis.

I'm sure most of the sell wall reads this thread. How about the moratorium starting from the beginning October 2014 and ending in April 2015? Let's signal our support by peeling off now (sell orders, not clothes!)

Great idea dude!

I have no sell orders below 2 satoshis (LazyCoins as previously explained) & I joyously pledge not make ANY other sell orders until my Birthday.

I did calculate that if all the LTC tied up in buy orders below 20 litoshis were used to reduce the sell walls, we'd get to 50 or 60 pretty quickly, so how about a 2nd moratorium for 'low buys'?

Noob question Wink

Is there any correlation between the number of confirmations a relatively-recent transaction has (say - last month's minting) and the number of active wallets we have on the network?

If so, I'd say we were actually a lot healthier than the price suggests Grin
Activity: 588
Merit: 510
For all german users - a translation is online:

Well, that's the wall @ 30 gone, and most of 31

-but look at the wall building up @ 33!

After that it's plain sailing to 130 & beyond - unless the whales fuck with us again Sad

That red pile will be about 4LTC lighter in an hour or so Wink

(I actually had to generate a BTC addy on craptsy to send some coin to, THAT'S how serious I've been about not using them. But as the bastards are effectively 'the only game in town' right now, reluctantly & with much hand-washing afterwards, I cleared my QT of BTC to get some more Zeit before it goes ballistic.)
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1046
legendary
Activity: 1092
It is really amazing the amount of unjustified beatings this coin has taken,
Never seen anything like it with any other coin.

To be honest any other coin that has a 3rd of the hits , this one has taken are already gone.

But it shows the strength of the coin and you guys that hung in.

Now we turn things around ,  ZEIT will Adapt and Overcome all Challenges .

It is gonna be So Cool!!!

Cool
I dislike the continual knocking of Cryptsy. I'm pleased someone has vocalised that. Cryptsy have a business to run. They have been more reliable than most and I like the way they are pushing the boundaries with multiple crypto/fiat pairings. It is up to Zeitcoin to show that it is worthy of a Bitcoin pairing. Use (transactions for goods-services-etc.) - community - developer committment all count. That's two out of three that we have.

I applaud kiklo's efforts. On the price front - that will take care of itself if people want Zeitcoin enough. I don't think pushing it up by merely buying will do the trick. That is just a temporary fix, but a welcome one non-the-less. We have to build on that pretty quickly. 2015 could be Zeitcoin's year, but may I remind everyone that 2015 is only three months away. Other coins are well ahead of us on transactional use.

Understandable how you feel about cryptsy, we all have our ups and down with each exchange and it taints our personal perception of the exchange.
The Counsel is moving the price up to increase our market cap, once our market cap is high enough , all of the doors that are currently closed will SWING WIDE OPEN, including buying and selling real world items. Part of the ZEIT GAME project is to get an Online Role Playing Game started that lets people inside the game exchange zeit for virtual items, but also trade with anyone with a zeit wallet in the real world , we will create a virtual to real world economy with ZEIT.
As far as being first goes not that big a deal, it is not a race but a Marathon.
ZEIT may not have been the 1st in the Bar , But we will be the Last Coin Standing when all is said and done. People like You , Me, Ray , Lion , & others see problems with this world, Zeit is more than a coin , it is the tool WE will use to Save this World from the ones who would do it harm.
(What Better Reason could we have to Persevere thru any Storms that come.)
 Cool

Hey, it's only my own opinion & feelings but I will NEVER forget what they did to our beloved coin. I believe if it wasn't for them we'd still be on BTC pairings everywhere.

For those who don't (want to?) remember they launched us before we were ready for them, we didn't seek it, we'd only just had 'MintPal Friday' (Probably our best day EVER so far!) they dumped us to LTC while there was LOTS of action @ 4 sats there, I personally had buy orders for loadza Zeit @ 3 sats & 2 sats, which were cancelled overnight & the price tanked to 120 litos & kept going down.

I'll also remind you that like 10 seconds after they announced the launch, there was one MASSIVE dump at 17 sats.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then I'll fucking call it Donald  Angry

Lions have long memories - especially for the cryptoshere!
legendary
an imaginary story to provide a bit of Fun,

In undisclosed locations thru out the Multiverse,

Rent-A-Ray , LionOfNarnia, and Kiklo enter their separate wardrobes , and are transferred immediately to the Hall of ZEIT.

Upon their arrival at the Hall of Zeit , they noticed the flashing of the warning beacons,
That Foolish Traders were mounting a Massive Sell Wall to try and hinder the Growth of Zeit.

Kiklo : What should we do?
Rent-A-Ray: There is only one Thing to Do!
LionOfNarnia: Preparing the ZEIT Laser Cannon!

Rent-A-Ray: Plasma inducers are Fully Charged!
LionOfNarnia: Targeting Systems Online!
Kiklo :  Givin Her All She Got LION, She Ain’t Got NO MORRRE!!

The ZEIT Laser Cannon goes off with A Massive Blast.
BOOM!!!
The Massive Sell Wall was Utterly Destroyed.

Rent-A-Ray: One Day those Foolish traders will Realize what a mistake they made by not Seeing the True Value of ZEIT.

LionOfNarnia: Until that Day, We Will Stand Guard!!

The 3 then leave the Hall of ZEIT, returning to their home dimensions ,
But on the way out Kiklo hits the recharge button on the ZEIT Laser Cannon, in case it is ever needed again.

The End.

LMFAO!

Cheers kiklo Grin
legendary
i have a lot of zeit. I don't need to buy it. I've read that the price was rised...but it don't seems to me. I remenbered when the price arrived to 8-10 sathoshi!!

How can you say that you can place the price at you desired value when you want? i don't think is possible.. Sad

It works like this , let say you have 5 apples, you want to get the highest price possible, so you place them up for bid, 1st buyer offers $1 for the apple, 2nd buyer offers $1.50 for the apple.
But the counsel offers you $3 for the apple because we know its true value is much higher than you think. So you take the $3 and give us the apple, same bid 3 more times each apple is sold for $3 each, even if we don't bid on that final apple , Would you really give it up for less than $3 since you just learned the value of the apple was $3 four times in a row, no then you would rather just keep the apple for yourself because you see it's true value and would feel cheated by almost giving it away for less. It is not that we come in and set the price , we help people perceive that it is of more value than they know and this will determine the price.  Once they know they can't go back.
Knowledge is Power.
 Cool

P.S.
Or simply put the same reason you are not selling your Zeitcoins for less than 8-10 satoshi .
You know they have a higher value than the current rate.
Wait a few months and you might realize that 8-10 sat is not high enough either.  Grin
Jump to: