Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 352. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
I hereby nominate kiklo

... as deputy Lion-at-Large ...

... in the noble task of humiliating shit-hawkers & eliminating unjustified, irrelevant FUD forever from these sacred & history-creating pages.

(Even if he's only been here 5 minutes, is totally unknown to the 'Genesis Squad', and is yet to prove he's anything other than just another wannabe. - Hey, this Lion calls it as he sees it, always.)

{Would you have it any other way?}

@kiklo - If you really want our loyalty/support/love, you have to show US more than a few vague (and not particularly cohesive) ideas about 'next year & beyond'.

Some of us have put our hearts & souls into this coin/concept since day 1.

It takes more than words, dude. More than concepts. The future is on the line. Others have tried what you're trying. They're not here anymore.

Dicks-on-the-bar time, dude.

Whatcha REALLY got?
legendary
Activity: 1092
im unwatching this coin as its dead to  me

Considering that this is only your 2nd post to this forum since March 1st, 2014.
Not sure it will make that much of a difference in your specific case, since it did not appear you offered any help, support, or ideas to the people who were fighting for this coin before or even now.

Good Luck to you in your new ventures.
 Cool
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
im unwatching this coin as its dead to  me
legendary
ZEIT COUNSEL
Counsel to be fully formed Jan 31., 2015
All Members must have 100 million Zeitcoins as a requirement of being part of the Zeit-Growth Unit. Members with more than 100 million zeit may proxy any extra to someone else to be considered for entry on the counsel thru the Zeit-Growth Unit.
The other Units can be joined by Service.
Currently there are now 3 member of separate units on the Zeit Counsel.

Units
Rent-A-Ray

Keepers of the Peace aka fudder annihilation : Active
LionOfNarnia

Monthly Updates Blockchain Download : Active
Kiklo

Zeit-Growth (Seeding Zeit) Counsel Members who donate 10% of their interest stake
(This unit will not begin until 2015)

Zeit-Games
(Online Game Designers will work closely with the Zeit-Growth Unit.)
(Will have to design a Game that allows player to receive Zeit)
(Growth Unit will fund specific amount of zeit monthly to be used for the ZEIT Game)
(Also we will setup a ZEIT Game Links on the Web Site & in the Forums.)

Zeit-Cannon & Shield
(This unit also won’t begin until 2015, but it is a cannon so we might take it out for a few practice shots in 2014.)

Zeit-Wallets
Design & Commission of New Wallets
(Must be a member of Zeit-Growth to be part of this unit)

Slogans
“Zeitcoin: based on the Zeitgeist ethos.”                      submitted by BainbridgeJ
"In Zeit We Trust"                                                      submitted by LionOfNarnia
"Out of Zeit - Out of Mind"                                          submitted by LionOfNarnia

Goals , Long & Short Range for Consideration
New Wallets to speed up the Zeit Wallet Load time          submitted by UKI
Build, or Transform an Existing City                               submitted by BitcoinNational
A Directory of Services/Items for sale using Zeitcoins       submitted by BainbridgeJ  
Making The Zeitcoin Council A Legal entity                       submitted by BainbridgeJ  
Commission an Android Wallet for Zeitcoin                      submitted by kiklo
Exchange Zeit for Preloaded Gift Cards                           submitted by kiklo

As Ideas for the Counsel are Posted , will update this every few pages.
In 2014 ZEIT COIN was Created and in 2015 ZEIT COUNSEL will ENSURE its Success.

Submit a Slogan or express a Goal you would like completed by ZEIT Counsel
Submit a Unit Description & what function you think it would fill in the ZEIT Counsel.
Submit an idea for a Zeit Coin Game.

FYI:
This is the formation of the ZEIT COUNSEL, or ZEIT COUNCIL if you prefer.
Members can be in as many or few Units as they have a desire to work with.
Once Your Name is Posted under a Active Unit , you may refer to yourself as
 ZEIT COUNSEL or ZEIT COUNCIL in any posting or reference.

Cool
legendary
After the Posts by Steve , it brought up some ideas, regarding the counsel.
The Proxy idea which help ease concerns.
But also the fact that deed or action should also be able to get someone a counsel seat.
So the only way to really Solve these issues, is to go back to What ZeitCoin will become,
a Unit of Exchange for Goods & Services.
So by that update in the thought process, we now currently have 3 Active Counsel Members by service.
There are probably others, that I don't know of Yet, and I mean no disrespect by not listing you or your service. So anyone else that is currently performing a service for Zeit, add what you are doing on a monthly basis and what Unit Name you would like considered, then we let the community here discuss it and if agreeable then your name will be added to the zeit counsel before the full membership drive comes online in Jan. 2015.
Updated Zeit Counsel Info in Next Post.
 Cool
A couple of slightly-more-serious suggestions for the motto:-

"In Zeit We Trust"

&

"Out of Zeit - Out of Mind"
Wow guys. Congratulations on keeping this coin so nice.

I'm not in it, but I'm very impressed.

Thanks Grin

But why not?

$100 will just about get you on the council Wink
legendary
For Anyone downloading ZeitCoin for the 1st time and you don't want to wait for the Blockchain to download from the beginning.

Go to the Following Link to get a copy of the Zeitcoin Blockchain from Sept. 2014.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3a3l0akth7dpoeg/ZeitCoin-Blockchain.zip?dl=0

Make sure Zeitcoin is closed

Then Unpack and copy & replace the files from Zeitcoin-Blockchain into C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin

Then open Zeitcoin and it will start syncing the BlockChain from the last Monthly update instead of the start.

Cool
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Wow guys. Congratulations on keeping this coin so nice.

I'm not in it, but I'm very impressed.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
@kiklo

It's good that we are bouncing ideas off each other. I'm going to back off a bit, but still work in parallel behind the scenes. We should progress steadily in achievable stages. My thoughts revolve around the direct use of Zeitcoin as a currency of exchange for goods and services - also of ways to exchange Zeitcoin for fiat, and vice versa.

With regards to the feasibility of an Android wallet: apparently for POS coins like Zeitcoin it is a little bit more complicated to create than it would be for a POW coin, such as Quark for example - but still very much do-able. An Android wallet would seem to be further down the line towards medium-term goals. So, I see it as use first, then an Android wallet to facilitate that use.

By the way, thanks for all the great work that you are doing!   Wink
Just got this on twatter. Seems apt.

Nike has a market cap 13.5x larger than Bitcoin, yet you don’t see Nike saying

“How dare anyone else make sneakers? We've already solved it!"
legendary
@BainbridgeJ

You misunderstand what I meant,
The Formation needs to be organized by a few people to get it started.
Once it is formed then the majority rule takes over.
And in no way do I feel like it is a takeover, people asked questions and I gave answers to help further things along. But you are ready to go further than my skill set alone reaches, which is why deferring the formation to you and the others who are ready makes perfect sense.
And from reading the past few posts you and the others have already started.  Cheesy
No ego on my part, just want the best for Zeit.
Will be adding my ideas when I think they can help.
It is going to be a Great 2015 for ZEIT!!!

Cool
No, I never did have any 'special access' to Mr ZeitCoin. I had a couple of PMs from him here in the early days, that's all.

afaik Ray did have pretty regular skypes with him but has no better idea of his real identity than anyone else.

That's probably the biggest issue in getting 'full legal control'. He has been ignoring 'us' since just after the forum opened. No reason to think he will suddenly start co-operating now.

Anyway, I'd rather see an organisation aiming for the future, not clinging to the past, in the terms of its' status AND its' nomenclature.

Flat rate?

Not in favour, sorry.

For one it plays faves with those who have many times more Zeit than the 'minimum for consideration' & for two, a percentage of future mints is absolutely as far as I can afford to commit to right now -

- I'm slowly drowning on 'Job Seekers Allowance' of £72 a week. It's not a nice place to be.
mmmmmmm ... "major (=expensive) jurisdictional problems"? The only such problem, as far as I can see, would be gaining the full, accountable control of Zeitcoin. I would be interested in your views on this as you seem to be one of the few people capable of contacting the original developer.

Regarding membership fees, I would suggest that a normal flat-rate standard fee in readily spendable fiat (£s, $s), or Bitcoin, would be the most workable solution. This would help cover the cost of maintenance and further development. A Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer could be appointed to account for money spent on approved projects.

A constitution would be relatively easy to draft, although time-consuming. Upon voting to empower it, the Zeitcoin Council would become a legal, artificial personality with an entitlement to a bank account and the ability to apply for funding in its own right.

I believe in getting the basic foundations right in the first place, which is something that Zeitcoin has done well so far - particularly with regards to function.
The exciting, thrilling days will come again.

Before that is the necessity for deep thought, open discussion, enlightened planning & quite a bit of good old-fashioned hard work.

Scared yet?

I'm not convinced of the 'legal entity' bit - can we not find a more 'crypto' way of achieving the same thing? (Smart contracts?) - Otherwise, at the very least, there will be some major (=expensive) jurisdictional problems.

But yeah, as 'proof of developer' is thankfully becoming important for new coins, surely one of the main 'conditions' of becoming a strategic mover must be 'proof of life'?

i.e. No hiding behind pseudo-anonymous usernames, 'councilmen' should be required to prove who they are in the same kinda way that we do anyway for any fiat exchange under KyC.

My thoughts on the 'donations from minting' bit:-

As many of you know, I'm a fan of the old concept of tithing. It's simple to understand & calculate & has worked well for many centuries.

So I'd suggest that council members must pledge to donate a minimum of 10% of their mintings to the common good. Again, smart contracts should ensure no shenanigans.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Uki and Lion, thank you both very much! I'm currently minting away as well! It's been fun watching those coins get minted! These are exciting times for Zeitcoin indeed!
It makes sense that large holders of Zeitcoin should co-ordinate together for the betterment of the coin. They would have a demonstrable interest in the success of Zeitcoin.

However, we should do this properly. I suggest that we create a legal entity, an artificial personality - The Zeitcoin Council. I prefer the word 'Council' (an advisory/administrative body) to 'Counsel' (an adviser). We should be properly constituted. All Zeitcoin holders could be eligible for membership. Large holders could automatically be eligible for administrative positions and other members could be co-opted based on their usefulness and contributions. Other possibilities could be explored. A Constitution should be constructed. This could mirror the Memorandum and Articles of Association of a limited company. The Council would not be bound by the tight strictures of a limited company, and yet could have similar advantages.

@BainbridgeJ
Legal Wranglings are outside of my comfort zone.
But if they are in your comfort zone, then I will be more than happy to focus on the zeitcoin goals, and defer creation of a Zeit Coin Council to You.
That way I can focus more on ideas to grow the coin.
Just let me know where I can help.
FYI: The 100 mil zeit requirement has to be kept for the council.
So they can donate a percentage of their monthly zeit to seed zeit in needed areas. Will go into more detail on those areas in the future.
 Cool

I'm not staging a takeover bid! I am merely suggesting a possible way of firming up previous ideas. Besides, I did not know that the Zeitcoin Council was yours to defer to another. It should be that the majority/weight of opinion decides the future of the Zeitcoin Council. I would hope that we regard ourselves as being on the same team, on similar wavelengths, traveling in a similar direction. Organising ourselves into a formalised group is a simple matter to undertake. Clubs, community groups etc. do it all the time.

Becoming a legal entity would mean that the veil anonymity that most crypto-currencies hide behind would be lifted to a certain extent. Anonymity and the 'distancing' of certain people from Zeitcoin are things that I find disconcerting at the moment. It's as if the original person/s involved in creating Zeitcoin is/are backing off in case things go pear-shaped. For instance, one of the originals changed his name to Beejay - my initials. I hope that he is not trying to pass himself off as my good self! Perhaps he sees me as a possible scapegoat to point to if anything does go wrong. To make it clear, I am not Beejay!

I also suspect that there is at least one very large holder (the creator?) who seems not to think that Zeitcoin has a long-term future, and who is quite satisfied to regularly sell at a low price from almost Day One. By becoming a legal entity a degree of anonymity's murky mist could be dispelled. This could instill a measure confidence in Zeitcoin that presently it does not have to any great extent - and this would be true of other altcoins too.

I would suggest that if there is to be a Council, then it should be built on a solid foundation. The first steps should include gaining ownership/control of Zeitcoin. If that is not achieved, then I would be reluctant to be involved. Over to you, and others.
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
great to see that things are slowly moving again.
It's time for ZEIT (pun intended) to bring it back where it belongs.

ps.
@Steve: I can avail another 35 million, in your name if needed.
legendary
It makes sense that large holders of Zeitcoin should co-ordinate together for the betterment of the coin. They would have a demonstrable interest in the success of Zeitcoin.

However, we should do this properly. I suggest that we create a legal entity, an artificial personality - The Zeitcoin Council. I prefer the word 'Council' (an advisory/administrative body) to 'Counsel' (an adviser). We should be properly constituted. All Zeitcoin holders could be eligible for membership. Large holders could automatically be eligible for administrative positions and other members could be co-opted based on their usefulness and contributions. Other possibilities could be explored. A Constitution should be constructed. This could mirror the Memorandum and Articles of Association of a limited company. The Council would not be bound by the tight strictures of a limited company, and yet could have similar advantages.

@BainbridgeJ
Legal Wranglings are outside of my comfort zone.
But if they are in your comfort zone, then I will be more than happy to focus on the zeitcoin goals, and defer creation of a Zeit Coin Council to You.
That way I can focus more on ideas to grow the coin.
Just let me know where I can help.
FYI: The 100 mil zeit requirement has to be kept for the council.
So they can donate a percentage of their monthly zeit to seed zeit in needed areas. Will go into more detail on those areas in the future.
 Cool

Jump to: