Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 353. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
It makes sense that large holders of Zeitcoin should co-ordinate for the betterment of the coin. They would have a demonstrable interest in the success of Zeitcoin.

However, we should do this properly. I suggest that we create a legal entity, an artificial personality - The Zeitcoin Council. I prefer the word 'Council' (an advisory/administrative body) to 'Counsel' (an adviser). We should be properly constituted. All Zeitcoin holders could be eligible for membership. Large holders could automatically be eligible for administrative positions and other members could be co-opted based on their usefulness and contributions. Other possibilities could be explored. A Constitution should be constructed. This could mirror the Memorandum and Articles of Association of a limited company. The Council would not be bound by the tight strictures of a limited company, and yet could have similar advantages.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Ah! See, when you put it that way it makes more sense. Now I see what you are saying. I do like the idea and appreciate the fresh perspective. Zeit has been through some rough times indeed, and we are still here. I do feel a sense of ownership since I have been here since the beginning and have done a good bit of advertisement for the coin. Granted, there are others here that have done way more than me, especially in the technical aspect of the coin. We do have a great little community and it is really nice to see it growing, even if it is one or two members at a time!

I'll proxy you 35 million, Steve.
A council without our 'rocks' would be no council at all.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Ah! See, when you put it that way it makes more sense. Now I see what you are saying. I do like the idea and appreciate the fresh perspective. Zeit has been through some rough times indeed, and we are still here. I do feel a sense of ownership since I have been here since the beginning and have done a good bit of advertisement for the coin. Granted, there are others here that have done way more than me, especially in the technical aspect of the coin. We do have a great little community and it is really nice to see it growing, even if it is one or two members at a time!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Hello everyone! I've been away for a while due to work. Just getting caught up on the thread and I must say that it is nice to see some fresh blood getting involved and having some plans formulated for our community and our coin. There is one thing that bothers me though. The counsel. It's not so much the thought of a counsel being formed, but the suggestion that counsel members must hold a minimum of 100 million Zeit in order to be considered for a counsel seat. There are some of us who have been active with Zeit since the beginning who unfortunately, in my case at least, have not had the good trading fortune or spare money lying around to have been able to acquire that many Zeit. And while it is true that Zeit can be had for next to nothing these days, there are still minimum dollar amounts to BTC that must be invested in order to get the BTC to trade for ZEIT. And I simply do not have the spare money at the moment as I am more focused on getting out of debt than anything else. So basically, someone can come along and invest a few dollars and get in on the counsel without ever having done anything at all for the community previously, but someone such as myself who has been active the whole time won't be able to be on the counsel simply because I don't hold 100 million Zeit?
Other than that, I like where things are going!

Hi Steve,

The requirement is 100 million Zeit per member of the Counsel.
There is a way you can still be on it.
Next year when we form it and ask for the names of the people who want to be on the counsel , if any member on the counsel has over 100 million zeit when we confirm how many zeit each member has, say another member has 200 million zeit and you only have 50 million zeit, they can proxy the other 50 million zeit to your name for entry on the counsel. They don't have to actually transfer any zeit to you , just submit a proxy for you for that amount and you can be on the counsel. Or if you have been doing anything for the zeitcoin like Rent-A-Ray keeping up the website with his own money, your 100 million zeit requirement will already be considered filled.

Cool

FYI:
Part of the reason for the Counsel , is that we as members will have a vested interest in Zeit Success, plus we won't be asking the community for any donations like some other coins do.
To accomplish all of our goals may require that the counsel or subgroups of the counsel pay for necessary items or services. The counsel will share the burden to make Zeit what we all want it to be.
One reason for the 100 million Zeit requirement is so we could combine a percentage of our Monthly interest to give away or if you will seed zeit where it needs to be to Grow.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Hello everyone! I've been away for a while due to work. Just getting caught up on the thread and I must say that it is nice to see some fresh blood getting involved and having some plans formulated for our community and our coin. There is one thing that bothers me though. The counsel. It's not so much the thought of a counsel being formed, but the suggestion that counsel members must hold a minimum of 100 million Zeit in order to be considered for a counsel seat. There are some of us who have been active with Zeit since the beginning who unfortunately, in my case at least, have not had the good trading fortune or spare money lying around to have been able to acquire that many Zeit. And while it is true that Zeit can be had for next to nothing these days, there are still minimum dollar amounts to BTC that must be invested in order to get the BTC to trade for ZEIT. And I simply do not have the spare money at the moment as I am more focused on getting out of debt than anything else. So basically, someone can come along and invest a few dollars and get in on the counsel without ever having done anything at all for the community previously, but someone such as myself who has been active the whole time won't be able to be on the counsel simply because I don't hold 100 million Zeit?
Other than that, I like where things are going!
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
I got a 'tip' via twatter.

Midas coin is (re)launching in just over 25 hours, from doing some research myself it seems like a 'good bet' at a time when I was already thinking about going back to mining after the summer break.

MOST alts just aren't profitable to mine right now, the only possible exception being UltraCoin (X11), but Midas (Scrypt - 'Proof of Mining') seems to have a whole lot going for it.

One of those being it's referral system Wink

So if any of you asic-equipped dudes (after doing your own 'due diligence', of course!) or anybody for that matter wanna help this poor ole Lion a wee bit, I'd appreciate it if you used my link for the official pool...

http://www.midascoin.io/ref/2162

To save a search, here's the new thread-link:-

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/livemidascoinbackednew-scrypt-pomatm-cardreferralno-ipounique-784286

Hey, why not? We have to mine something to be able to buy more Zeit.

legendary
Hello ZEITcoin community,

Please have a look at Faircoin project "FairCoop"...

It doesn't take 500+ pages to attach a cryptocoin to an association.
Now it won't be the first anymore, but Zeitcoin can also try and help the world....

Your Coin Specifications:   POW/POS Hybrid

There are security issues in having a hybrid coin.
Just in the past month ,
 Tek crashed on it POS side took weeks & a hard fork to recover
 Diamond POW side crashed , just 2 days ago, still trying to fix.

Just a bit of friendly advice, pick one or the other, using both will cause problems,
 unless you watch it like a Hawk.

Cool

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hello ZEITcoin community,

Please have a look at Faircoin project "FairCoop"...

It doesn't take 500+ pages to attach a cryptocoin to an association.
Now it won't be the first anymore, but Zeitcoin can also try and help the world....

Activity: 181
Thanks kiklo, I'll start cleaning up the blocks and let you guys know how it goes.
legendary
@kiklo, Redrover
I do use coin control to regularly regroup the blocks by sending to myself - have only about 20 blocks currently. So that doesn't change much
And my host OS is Linux.

Your Higher CPU usage is most likely due to the extra overhead caused by running it under the VM. Your Processor is only a Dual Processor with Hyperthreading to look like 4.
 http://www.cnet.com/products/intel-core-i7-m620-2-66-ghz-processor-mobile/specs/

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11569622/cpu-utilization-of-virtual-machine

Cool
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
@kiklo, Redrover
I do use coin control to regularly regroup the blocks by sending to myself - have only about 20 blocks currently. So that doesn't change much
And my host OS is Linux.
legendary
I think it will be easier to just send all the coins from the original wallet to a new wallet in large amounts, rather than messing with all the coin control check boxes, any suggestions on this?

Also, what is the minimum coin age for staking?  I really dislike the idea of losing all my mature coins in order to reduce cpu % so I'll leave the wallet open and staking for a day or two before I do this.

20 days is the minimum age,
Here is what you can do to keep your stake,
In coin control , every few days or weekly, look at the blocks , click on confirmations, this will sort the blocks, select some of the ones with the lowest confirmations, and send them to your default receive address (You will have to copy & paste your default receive address into send field, no way to add it your send address book Yet.) By selecting the lowest confirmations you only combine coins that have staked recently and they won't lose more than a few days from their maturity. (1 Last tip , Keep your transfers of Zeit below 10 million at a time , you can go higher, but the transfers take longer in my experience.)
 Cool

P.S.
You don't have to drop it down to 75 blocks, since you are at 8000 , drop it a little at a time and keep your stake, you will probably notice some improvement of CPU usage every time you drop a 1000.
After the Research Data , Zeit wallet Load Time will be between 3 & 5 minutes for most users with our current wallet version. It has been added to our goal list for the Zeit Counsel. If that is too long a wait add Zeitcoin to your startup folder and set it's properties to minimize. That way it will be there immediately when you want it.
Follow up to my high cpu % use.

Things I did but had no effect:
Made exclusion rules for Kaspersky and Malwarebytes = results were the same, no change.

Next, I removed the wallet.dat and let a new wallet be created, this did fix the high cpu % (now at 1.5% from 19.3%) but did not change any of the other stats, it still takes over 4 minutes to open and of course has a zero balance.  So, I reloaded the original wallet and turned on the coin control, I appear to have over 8000 blocks - I'm guessing this is the issue since kiklo mentioned getting the blocks down to 75.

I think it will be easier to just send all the coins from the original wallet to a new wallet in large amounts, rather than messing with all the coin control check boxes, any suggestions on this?

Also, what is the minimum coin age for staking?  I really dislike the idea of losing all my mature coins in order to reduce cpu % so I'll leave the wallet open and staking for a day or two before I do this.
legendary
Thanks to all of you Guys for posting info to help with my research

All posts have been by Windows & Mac ,

Are there any linux wallet users out there, if so Post away
oh also let us know if any linux users run the windows version under WINE.

Thanks.
 Cool
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
OS - Win7 home sp1 64bit
CPU - i7-2700k  3.5Ghz
RAM - 8GB
Internet Bandwidth - 40Mb/s
Antivirus - Kaspersky 2014
Country - UK
Time to load - about 3 mins
Active connection after 10 minutes - 6
Time of day - 18:40
Performance readings - ZeitcoinQT - 0 to 1% CPU 263,308 mem
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1046
OS - OSX 10.9
CPU - Core2 Duo
RAM - 8 GB
Internet Bandwidth - 32Mbit/s UPnP active / US-VPN connection
Antivirus
Country - Germany
Time to start up - 12:20 min (non SSD)
Active connection after 10 minutes - 11
Time of day - 13:05
CPU AVG load while launching: 15% / 5 Threads / 295 MB
CPU AVG load while operation (no minting): 18% / 4 Threads /332 MB
CPU AVG load while operation (syncing): 61% / 15 Threads / 345 MB
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
here comes my data:

OS - Win7 Pro sp1 32bit (under VM)
CPU - i7 M620 @ 2.67Ghz
RAM - 1.5GB
Internet Bandwidth - 282Mb/s
Antivirus - Avira
Country - Germany
Time to load - 5:03 min
Active connection after 10 minutes - 5
Time of day - 11:52
Performance readings - ZeitcoinQT -
85-95% CPU and 284-292M RAM (when loading the wallet and updating the blockchain)
18-25% CPU and 294M RAM once up-to-date

I tested just ZEIT wallet, no other processes apart from anti-virus.
Compared with KTK and ZS that have also lengthy blockchains:
wallet loading time: 21 seconds for ZS (212k block long blockchain) and 40 seconds for KTK (370k block long blockchain).
Resource usage: similar CPU and RAM 192M for KTK and 10% CPU and 215M RAM for ZS.
I would say, time of 60-80 seconds should be the expected loading time, provided all scales linearly, which may not be the case.
Still there is room for improvements.

PS. My 150M ZEIT bag waits for the next Zeit Counsel!
legendary
Activity: 3208
Merit: 1187
I recovered all my zeitcoins!
A mysterious option of the wallet?
No, just thanks to time machine! You can retrieve any file at any date. It's great. Thank you Apple.   Smiley
legendary
Performance readings - ZeitcoinQT - 19.3% CPU
Malwarebytes rarely blocks connections from other wallets but it has an issue with the Zeitcoin wallet and blocks a connection on average of every 5 minutes.

I am also running Kaspersky on one pc, once it has synced with the network it only uses 2 or 3 percent.

Two things you can try to lower cpu usage
1. exclude the folder with the zeitcoin.exe & exclude C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Zeitcoin in Malwarebytes
https://www.malwarebytes.org/support/guides/mbam/MalwareExclusions.html

2. in Zeitcoin, activate coin control , then click send coins , then inputs if you have a large # of blocks there select some and combine them into fewer blocks by selecting 2 or 3 and sending it to yourself
Group your blocks in sizes of anywhere from 50,000 to 3 million zeit to try and keep your total number of blocks less than 75
(You can also use this trick to space out when your coins stake, since it will reset the coin maturity.)
 Cool

OS - Win7 Pro sp1 64bit
CPU - intel Q9650 @ 3.0Ghz
RAM - 4GB
Internet Bandwidth - 12Mb/s
Antivirus - Kaspersky
Country - US
Time to load -3½ mins
OS - Win8.1 Pro 64bit
CPU - AMD FX-6350 @ 4.0Ghz
RAM - 8GB
Internet Bandwidth - 30Mb/5Mb
Antivirus - Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 and Malwarebytes Pro which constantly blocks Zeitcoin connections.
Country - USA
Time to load - 4:33
Active connections after 1 minute - 5
Active connections after 10 minutes - 9
Time of day - 22:50
Performance readings - ZeitcoinQT - 19.3% CPU steady,  306.9 MB ram
Staking enabled.

The Zeitcoin wallet has always used significantly more resources than any other wallet, for reference, all other wallets use 1% on this pc. (all other wallets were closed for this experiment).

Malwarebytes rarely blocks connections from other wallets but it has an issue with the Zeitcoin wallet and blocks a connection on average of every 35 minutes.
Jump to: