Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 391. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Here's a relevant cross post:

The funny thing about Bitcoin is that it does require a bit of patience to make some profits, but compared to most investments it really requires very little!  Just hold for a year or so and that is all it takes to do pretty well.

Unfortunately we are getting near to the end of a consolidation period so now is the most painful and hardest time to be in Bitcoin.  The Summer will most likely be much more enjoyable, and less painful for those that have a hard time waiting longer than a few minutes for some good gains. Wink

BitChick classing up the place, showing how it's done.  Grin  Can you pls then teach these immature 'boys' on this forum how to hold their wad for more than 5 friggin' minutes?  Lol.  

I'm so glad I'm not part of this stupid "GenY-ADHD-things-aren't-happening-fast-enough-something-gotta-be-happening-every-second-or-life-sucks-oh-snap-something-big-going-down-on-Twitter" generation.  #millenialsaredoomed

I had a professor in college, and this was over a decade ago, mention that he had to change the way he even taught because students could no longer stay focused for an hour long class.  He had to break it up with stories and other creative teaching tactics.  He was a great teacher and I enjoyed his style, but it was interesting that he noticed a change. Also, most students have difficulty even reading entire books anymore.  So I agree that the younger generation struggles with patience and are generally a bit more ADHD.  This desire for instant gratification should help help spur Bitcoin's longterm success though.  It makes sending money internationally more "instant" for example. Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6679523

This really has nothing to do with Zeitcoin.  Bitcoin has a lot of positive things going for it, so there is good reason to believe that patience will pay off.  I think most people here believe that about Bitcoin.  For Ziet, to just say "have patience," is ridiculous unless there is a solid reason to justify having patience.  Right now an auction site hardly seems like justification.  It's been done for several other coins.  It doesn't have a dramatic effect on price and there is typically very low traffic on those sites (ex blkroad.com).
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Just got the go-ahead to let you phreaks have a shufti at the beta market too:-

http://beta.cryptobid.org

Don't get TOO carried away, you can't checkout at those prices Wink

The funny thing about Bitcoin is that it does require a bit of patience to make some profits, but compared to most investments it really requires very little!  Just hold for a year or so and that is all it takes to do pretty well.

Unfortunately we are getting near to the end of a consolidation period so now is the most painful and hardest time to be in Bitcoin.  The Summer will most likely be much more enjoyable, and less painful for those that have a hard time waiting longer than a few minutes for some good gains. Wink

BitChick classing up the place, showing how it's done.  Grin  Can you pls then teach these immature 'boys' on this forum how to hold their wad for more than 5 friggin' minutes?  Lol.  

I'm so glad I'm not part of this stupid "GenY-ADHD-things-aren't-happening-fast-enough-something-gotta-be-happening-every-second-or-life-sucks-oh-snap-something-big-going-down-on-Twitter" generation.  #millenialsaredoomed

I had a professor in college, and this was over a decade ago, mention that he had to change the way he even taught because students could no longer stay focused for an hour long class.  He had to break it up with stories and other creative teaching tactics.  He was a great teacher and I enjoyed his style, but it was interesting that he noticed a change. Also, most students have difficulty even reading entire books anymore.  So I agree that the younger generation struggles with patience and are generally a bit more ADHD.  This desire for instant gratification should help help spur Bitcoin's longterm success though.  It makes sending money internationally more "instant" for example. Wink

LOL

+1 (millisecond Wink )

"Oh Lord, grant unto me that great gift of patience - but do it NOW!!!""
Activity: 966
Merit: 513

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
This week - time to pump  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

Hi Lion,
thanks for a prompt reply. I actually browsed a bit on the zeit-coin.com forum after asking my question and found all info provided by you in the scratch-pad section (under shaping the future). My 2 cents, for what is worth, maybe some additional info about current ideas and mini-projects that were launched could be released weekly on twitter and facebook to faster reach more people. Whereas I like browsing forums, tweeting not only technical must-do things would quickly reach 2k+ people. I saw in the comments that you currently look for a 'press officer' that would be responsible for providing such info - this could be a nice addition to the to-do list. You could also ask tweeter followers for an immediate feedback on the ideas.

Yes, thanks Lion! And my apologies for not answering your question right away, uki. I'm at work right now and am not able to monitor the thread constantly. And thanks for the suggestions as well.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Do not forget, that even at this very moment are designing and developing digital currencies with even better features that Bitcoin, and at a time (Nobody knows when) will replace the BTC, and BTC will be worth cents...

Nobody knows what can happen in the long term!!!
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
so sad that PND is currently worth more than Zeit

If we continue this way we run very high risk that MintPal closes us the ZEIT market anytime! :S  Sad

they might just open it as a ltc market

anyway its on cryptsy so not to worry too much

I remember that It cost us much effort (Even various BTC) to get are listed in MintPal... Sad
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1046
I havent heard any replies about not being able to sync on client. its been over a day since i updated and i cannot sync even though i have connections

First try solarion's tip.
If you have the same issue after the cleanup, give -repairwallet or -salvagewallet a try.

And never forget to safe the wallet.dat...
uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
cryptojunk bag holder
Hi guys Grin

Good convo going on while I've been busy re-jigging my miners for maximum efficiency.

Just to keep you all 'in the loop' as it were, one of our first major innovations is already in the closed-beta stage & will ROCK YOUR WORLD when online...

It's a ZeitCoin-biased version of 'fleabay' being developed by a couple of guys who met up & started co-operating thanks to the forum.

Here's a sneaky screenie of my putative shopping cart....

*Oh! if only I could buy those things at those prices right fucking now!*

Other things on the near-horizon include:-

Machine-stitched ZeitCoin patches in at least 3 versions  PATCHES THREAD

Vinyl ZeitCoin stickers, both sticky-down (for surfaces) & sticky-up (for car, shop & home windows)   STICKERS THREAD

A fancy new block explorer with oodles of useful stats features

& plenty more good stuff in the pipeline - re-launching our own multi-pool with SHA-256 support is the big one I suppose.

NO-ONE is just sitting back & waiting for things to happen ...

EXCEPT for the whiners here who want everything done for them & won't even get into a convo about the 'way forwards'.

Hi Lion,
thanks for a prompt reply. I actually browsed a bit on the zeit-coin.com forum after asking my question and found all info provided by you in the scratch-pad section (under shaping the future). My 2 cents, for what is worth, maybe some additional info about current ideas and mini-projects that were launched could be released weekly on twitter and facebook to faster reach more people. Whereas I like browsing forums, tweeting not only technical must-do things would quickly reach 2k+ people. I saw in the comments that you currently look for a 'press officer' that would be responsible for providing such info - this could be a nice addition to the to-do list. You could also ask tweeter followers for an immediate feedback on the ideas.
Do long-term stake when perhaps the BTC own of here in a few years has a value only a few cents and all altcoin disappear almost completely, i think is nonsense! An absurd watering!

We need to take a more active plan now! Because otherwise we will lose very ugly.
Even we that have mined and entrusted in this coin from the start!
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
I havent heard any replies about not being able to sync on client. its been over a day since i updated and i cannot sync even though i have connections

There have been numerous replies to those having this issue, both here and on the zeit forums. Backup your wallet and delete your blockchain files. Ray suggested a couple pages back that their could be issues with case sensitivity on some OSs. I've never had any problem syncing the Zeitcoin wallet, so I'm unable to offer any first hand experience.
There are no guarantees and there's plenty of liquidity. There are roughly 2b(7.3% of float) Zeitcoin for sale between 2 & 10 on mintpal alone and there are bids for over 1.8 billion on the same exchange. People can get in and out of positions readily.
Until your order for 1B ZEIT that was put today, the liquidity on the bid side was vanishing and that is exactly where my concerns came from.
Just being afraid of "been there and seen it before" with, e.g., CTM.

Therefore, I would love to keep the discussion in this thread spot on:
The dialogue in this forum has a large effect on the price and the desire for people to buy into this coin, something that is greatly needed right now.  If all the good news is in the zeit forum, perhaps it is time for some x-posts.
I completely agree with you. There needs to continue to be posts in this thread that speaks about Zeit from more than a monetary standpoint. I responded here a few days ago and spoke about some of the things that the Zeitcoin community is wanting to do or have already begun planning and implementing for the coin, but, like I mentioned previously, that post quickly got buried under tons of other posts completely off topic. That is a constant problem here with many other coin's thread as well. That was the reasoning behind creating the zeit forum. Much harder to go off topic there.
and please excuse me for such a bold question, but what are exactly the things that the Zeitcoin community is wanting to do in the nearest future to get the things going?

Hi guys Grin

Good convo going on while I've been busy re-jigging my miners for maximum efficiency.

Just to keep you all 'in the loop' as it were, one of our first major innovations is already in the closed-beta stage & will ROCK YOUR WORLD when online...

It's a ZeitCoin-biased version of 'fleabay' being developed by a couple of guys who met up & started co-operating thanks to the forum.

Here's a sneaky screenie of my putative shopping cart....

*Oh! if only I could buy those things at those prices right fucking now!*

Other things on the near-horizon include:-

Machine-stitched ZeitCoin patches in at least 3 versions  PATCHES THREAD

Vinyl ZeitCoin stickers, both sticky-down (for surfaces) & sticky-up (for car, shop & home windows)   STICKERS THREAD

A fancy new block explorer with oodles of useful stats features

& plenty more good stuff in the pipeline - re-launching our own multi-pool with SHA-256 support is the big one I suppose.

NO-ONE is just sitting back & waiting for things to happen ...

EXCEPT for the whiners here who want everything done for them & won't even get into a convo about the 'way forwards'.
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder

no problems here.
Activity: 116
Activity: 116

If we continue this way we run very high risk that MintPal closes us the ZEIT market anytime! :S  Sad

they might just open it as a ltc market

anyway its on cryptsy so not to worry too much
There are no guarantees and there's plenty of liquidity. There are roughly 2b(7.3% of float) Zeitcoin for sale between 2 & 10 on mintpal alone and there are bids for over 1.8 billion on the same exchange. People can get in and out of positions readily.
Until your order for 1B ZEIT that was put today, the liquidity on the bid side was vanishing and that is exactly where my concerns came from.

The dialogue in this forum has a large effect on the price and the desire for people to buy into this coin, something that is greatly needed right now.  If all the good news is in the zeit forum, perhaps it is time for some x-posts.
I completely agree with you. There needs to continue to be posts in this thread that speaks about Zeit from more than a monetary standpoint. I responded here a few days ago and spoke about some of the things that the Zeitcoin community is wanting to do or have already begun planning and implementing for the coin, but, like I mentioned previously, that post quickly got buried under tons of other posts completely off topic. That is a constant problem here with many other coin's thread as well. That was the reasoning behind creating the zeit forum. Much harder to go off topic there.
and please excuse me for such a bold question, but what are exactly the things that the Zeitcoin community is wanting to do in the nearest future to get the things going?

Will not answer because they are very busy ZEIT staking to long term...
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder

Jump to: