Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 473. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Right, those who are NOT in favour of a Zeit multipool need to get voting.
If you do support the idea of a Zeit Multipool.... There's nothing to see here, move along!
No! I said move along, stop voting.
Dang it Wink

It's funny Tux, I keep seeing reasons NOT to use a multipool, but no one has offered a real reason to actually use one.

Until I see a valid reason I just assume it's a combination of greed and laziness.

[Edit] For full disclosure, I voted NO on the straw poll

I do have to lay in a small factor that I think is necessary. We as a community all know that the crypto craziness going on right now is absurd and only the strong will survive. I am not saying that this is a reason to do the blackcoin pool structure I am just saying that we all need to realize that once this wild west has sherrifs the strongest coins and communities will only make it out alive.

Might be something to consider however I still feel it has applications to ensure that we keep our community strong and have this coin accepted everywhere we can.

Just a thought long term as I do see this industry being regulated and we need to be prepared for something like that.

Full disclosure I voted doesn't matter to me in the poll lol

I think we'll see self regulation before any imposed regulation which is probably the best way to start it.

I might be in the minority with regards my views on multipools like BC, but I think they are doing long term damage to smaller coins and I just can't agree with it. The way mulitpools appear, mine the shit out of your coin, then go dump it for whatever price they can get for it (thus lowering the value) then leave is like a bully or a tornado.

Am I mining other coins to sell for Zeit? Yes I am, but I'm just a lowly 2.8mh/s (9.1mh/s on X11) so I can't really do a lot of damage and I also don't mine for a short time before screwing you over, I like to pick a coin and mine for a week or so (Blitz > Hiro > Give)

I am however open minded about things, so if someone wants to explain the benefits as they see them, please have a go.
Activity: 588
Merit: 510
If you do support the idea of a Zeit Multipool.... There's nothing to see here, move along!
Dang it Wink

It's funny Tux, I keep seeing reasons NOT to use a multipool, but no one has offered a real reason to actually use one.

Until I see a valid reason I just assume it's a combination of greed and laziness.

I do have to lay in a small factor that I think is necessary. We as a community all know that the crypto craziness going on right now is absurd and only the strong will survive. I am not saying that this is a reason to do the blackcoin pool structure I am just saying that we all need to realize that once this wild west has sherrifs the strongest coins and communities will only make it out alive.

Might be something to consider however I still feel it has applications to ensure that we keep our community strong and have this coin accepted everywhere we can.

Just a thought long term as I do see this industry being regulated and we need to be prepared for something like that.

Full disclosure I voted doesn't matter to me in the poll lol
Dang it Wink

Activity: 182
I am a Supporter of . . . . TZM & TVP
Massive image

+1
Easy to forget sometimes. Just wish I had more confidence in many aspects of my life that didn't involve simply stating my opinion to those whose response could crush me Sad

Nice TuxNut ... me too .. i just got my first 2 staked also oops 3 as i was writing this ... no shit ... nice

Feels damn good right Wink

Why don't we do a poll on this have the community vote?

Instead of an argument I think tuxnut had the right idea let the community decide.

I think one of the mods on the official forum can create this and we can see what the community has to say

Done:

Straw poll about a ZEIT Multipool

Also posted on the 'official forum' here for arguments for/against.

Dang it Wink
Activity: 196
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Introducing the first merchant to accept ZeitCoin!

Imagine a merchant. A merchant that allowed you to buy anything you like, with amazing ease, unmatchable speed, and unparalleled service. This was once a thought in the minds of many, now put into reality. At Shop Crypto, we provide this otherworldly service; all payments will be accepted in cryptocurrency, and in the same time providing you with the finest of goods.

Discussion thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6089180

Help fund the bounty:

Md2Jmk9fbKg846CFBEyMYhMvsPg3aP9YRe

The bounty will be used towards the creation of 3-D versions of ZeitCoin (purchasing Mastercam X7 CNC software and renting out professional CNC machining), as well as the upgrading of the store itself.

Come visit the store:

www.shop-crypto.webs.com

Thanks for reading.

Kindest regards,

Gladimor

CEO of Shop Crypto
The First Full-Market Merchant

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Nice TuxNut ... me too .. i just got my first 2 staked also oops 3 as i was writing this ... no shit ... nice

You've gotta put me a room with this 'Paul' guy. See what kind of mess we could make of the world in a night Smiley

You know if that ever happens you need to make sure you film it over wise you know you'll forget everything you think of!!
To add to the support that the wallet works...

Just received my first staked coins in my wallet (now in linux... phew, I compiled it right Smiley)..

okay, so not JUST, had 4 in the space of the last 3 hours, but only just noticed one Smiley
First three all confirmed the first attempt, looks like the 4th will be too (10 confirmations already).

The End Wink
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Me and Paul are considering starting our own zeitgeist movements. We are drunk. This happens a lot. Paul is a very aggressive self-opinionated humanitarian and I still shop at Tesco. Hopefully our planning will make headway soon.

You've gotta put me a room with this 'Paul' guy. See what kind of mess we could make of the world in a night Smiley

Ya need to get your arse on the Zeit Forum.. My old man's wanting to sort a 'more' active .. uh, what's the name for it ...... group, here in Dorset. Could use some additional ideas and people to bounce them off Cheesy

Paul is a nut job and a great friend, and a nut job. "I'm not trying to be a Dick" that's what he just said to someone. He could definitely help any group become more 'Active'. He's having a chat with Webby about a westernised China and the rise of type one diabetes involved with the changes in diet. Hopefully someone will invent a way I can upload myself out of this particular conversation.
Me and Paul are considering starting our own zeitgeist movements. We are drunk. This happens a lot. Paul is a very aggressive self-opinionated humanitarian and I still shop at Tesco. Hopefully our planning will make headway soon.

Ya need to get your arse on the Zeit Forum.. My old man's wanting to sort a 'more' active .. uh, what's the name for it ...... group, here in Dorset. Could use some additional ideas and people to bounce them off Cheesy
Activity: 93
Have a ZEIT, have a kitkat.
Activity: 966
Merit: 513

Sounds legit!
Activity: 75
I see thank you very much again
Question, will you be introducing X11 pools? I want to mine GIVE when it launches on or around the 10th and want a good solid pool to mine it.

+ >9,000

Thank you very much ... i guess my last question is ... is it safe to leave your wallet open unlocked?

Yes, the wallet will lock again when closed.
Encryption is to secure against someone getting your wallet file, putting it on their machine and sending your coins to their wallet. It's the private keys the encryption's securing.

It's only 'unlocking' for minting, you'll still need to put the passphrase in to send coins or create a new receiving address.
Thank you very much ... i guess my last question is ... is it safe to leave your wallet open unlocked?

as for being viable not a single coin has given a cent towards pool cost's as we have not dumped a single coin on the market, in part due to the value and partly due to giving support to what we believe are long term

You should have this stated on the site. It's an awesome philiosophy to have and I'd have supported your pool more had I known you were so cool, it's hard to tell one pool from another unless you let people know what differentiates you. Then again, perhaps you have let us know and I just didn't read it :S

Thanks TuxNut ... Is there a way to see if any of the coins are ready for this ... and doesn't that make me open for theft when it is unlocked and open for that time?

At present, there's no easy way to know.
If you've not spent any coins, then just look at the transaction log and count 21 (to be on the safe side) days after, that's when they'll be due.
If you have spent coins, you'll need to use the block explorer and figure out which coins got sent and then work out when they're due.

I did make a thread about putting a feature into the wallet to see when they're ready for staking and choosing which coins to send, but it got deleted in 'The Great Purge' and I lost my backup when I did a format/reinstall last night.
I'll send you a link when I re-write it or have a mod dig it out of the trash for me Wink

You realise the block reward has now dropped to 1/Zeit so mining is now kind of redundant...

and yet the #rate is still 0.84 GH/s  People still like to mine :-)

Yeah I know, read my post above for some comical miner maths... But is it worth you keeping the pool open? If you're making transaction fee's on hardly any transactions, is it financially viable for you to continue?

That's a good question, but we have always given support to coins we feel are worth the effort, if people still want to mine i am happy to keep the pool open for them, if users drop to zero then sure, as for being viable not a single coin has given a cent towards pool cost's as we have not dumped a single coin on the market, in part due to the value and partly due to giving support to what we believe are long term, like noble, zeit, zed, in fact we have given coins back towards helping these coins develop.

I've used your pool before for Noble and with your attitude towards alt-coins, I'll probably be back at some point.

Question, will you be introducing X11 pools? I want to mine GIVE when it launches on or around the 10th and want a good solid pool to mine it.
as for being viable not a single coin has given a cent towards pool cost's as we have not dumped a single coin on the market, in part due to the value and partly due to giving support to what we believe are long term

You should have this stated on the site. It's an awesome philiosophy to have and I'd have supported your pool more had I known you were so cool, it's hard to tell one pool from another unless you let people know what differentiates you. Then again, perhaps you have let us know and I just didn't read it :S

Thanks TuxNut ... Is there a way to see if any of the coins are ready for this ... and doesn't that make me open for theft when it is unlocked and open for that time?

At present, there's no easy way to know.
If you've not spent any coins, then just look at the transaction log and count 21 (to be on the safe side) days after, that's when they'll be due.
If you have spent coins, you'll need to use the block explorer and figure out which coins got sent and then work out when they're due.

I did make a thread about putting a feature into the wallet to see when they're ready for staking and choosing which coins to send, but it got deleted in 'The Great Purge' and I lost my backup when I did a format/reinstall last night.
I'll send you a link when I re-write it or have a mod dig it out of the trash for me Wink
Jump to: