Pages:
Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 50. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Is there a way to confirm that I am staking?

TIA

1. Your Wallet has to be in sync with network.  Syncing Tips

2. If you encrypted your wallet, which you should have.
There is a little lock to the left of the Leaf in the lower right hand side of your screen.
If the lock is closed then , your wallet is locked and Not Staking.
If the lock is open , then your wallet is unlocked and is trying to stake.
(To open the lock, click on Minting at the top of the screen, and click Mint Unlock.)

When you wallet does stake there will be a new transaction where it shows earned interest and you can view that under the Transactions tab.

Cool
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Is there a way to confirm that I am staking?

TIA
So just to be clear : you only need to hold ZeitCoin in a wallet and it will start to generate interest all by itself ?
Does this even work if the computer is turned off ?

I think so, but you dont even need it. The only reason that zeitcoin is not getting really big at the moment is the fucking cryptopia website. That thing is crashed so the trading is not big right now

Cryptopia has always been more than fair with ZEIT.  Please do not insult them here , it is not appreciated.

In no way , is that Cryptopia's fault, it is an attack on our coin by the same individuals that paid the hacker to attack our web site.

Cryptopia has their polices , and due to our enemies perfectly planned dumping , they crashed us below 1 sat on the BTC markets and kept us there long enough to lose our btc pairing. Which in and of itself not normally a big deal as our LTC and Doge pairings were quite active and in time our price would have gotten high enough to return to the btc pairing. Plus we still have our btc pairing on other exchanges.

Due to the new users joining the crypto world in mass, almost all exchanges are having issues and handling it as best they can.
The result of this is a price increase for majority of crypto , which we are seeing for ZEIT, even without an active Cryptopia market.

So in the meantime, until the other issues get sorted, just use one of the other exchanges.
SouthXchange & alcurex are running at normal speeds at the moment.

Cool

FYI:
Whether the PC is off or on, your interest rate continues to accumulate as long as it is in the same address for more than 24 hours.
However your interest is only earned when you stake. (Which the PC has to be on and your wallet in sync for staking to occur.)
But the more you stake the more compound interest is earned, so a wallet that stakes all the time will earn more compound interest.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/compoundinterest.asp

FYI2:
I will have an updated Snapshot posted in the next day or so.  Smiley

Activity: 768
Merit: 500
Guys we need a recent zeitcoin snapshot!
can someone help me to use a zeit wallet? is a paper wallet the best way to store them?

Personally,
Don't care for paper wallets, at some point to use them, you have to reimport the private key directly into a working wallet if you want to access to your coins.

You can always open a normal wallet, and dump the private keys and then print them on paper.
like so :
1. Dump your Private keys and import into another ZEIT Wallet.
steps: Open the wallet, Click on Help, click Debug Window, click the Console tab,
For unencrypted wallets: beside > type dumpprivkey (ZEIT Receive Address) , hit Enter key.
For encrypted wallets:  beside > type: walletpassphrase "your walletpassphrase here" 600 , hit enter, then type dumpprivkey (ZEIT Receive Address) , hit Enter key.
Copy and Paste the private key along with the ZEIT receive address into a text document.
(Here you could Print out the address along with the private key on paper and then securely delete your wallet.dat if you did not want a copy on the PC.)
Repeat those steps for each of your Receive address that had ZEIT in them, once you have finished.

To move your coins back to a connected ZEIT Wallet.
Go to your new ZEIT Wallet installation.
steps: Open the text document created above.
Open the wallet, Click on Help, click Debug Window, click the Console tab,
beside > type importprivkey (Paste your Private Key here) , hit Enter key.
Repeat until you have imported all of your private keys into the new wallet. Then Close & Restart your wallet with zeitcoin-qt.exe -rescan .

Cool
Activity: 51
can someone help me to use a zeit wallet? is a paper wallet the best way to store them?
Wallets are available for download in the OP (original post, or page 1 of this thread), as well as a lot of other information about the coin.
Activity: 32
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
So just to be clear : you only need to hold ZeitCoin in a wallet and it will start to generate interest all by itself ?

I think so, but you dont even need it. The only reason that zeitcoin is not getting really big at the moment is the fucking cryptopia website. That thing is crashed so the trading is not big right now

That may or may not be the case. I will say that Cryptopia's LTC and Doge markets being down certainly isn't helping matters. But in the mean time, there are several other exchanges that we can deal with and would no doubt greatly appreciate the increase in volume.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

when staking, ZEIT is actually mining new zeitcoins, so your wallet needs to be running, encrypted, synchronized, and unlocked   Cool

Exactly what groggin wrote here. And yes, so long as there are Zeitcoins in your wallet, and the above mentioned requirements are met, you will see new coins being minted. Keep in mind that this is not something that happens constantly, so if you go a few days without minting then you shouldn't get overly concerned.
legendary
Activity: 1894

when staking, ZEIT is actually mining new zeitcoins, so your wallet needs to be running, encrypted, synchronized, and unlocked   Cool
Activity: 28

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1768
Hi guys the snapshot in op seems to be damaged I can't get it out of the rar/zip file any tips on why its not working? thanks alot
are there any other snapshots?
guess Ill have to sync it the old way

I thought the same. But i tried a new winrar version (5.50) and with it i can open the files. Maybe your winrar version is also to old. Try a new one. Wink
Activity: 1
Hi guys the snapshot in op seems to be damaged I can't get it out of the rar/zip file any tips on why its not working? thanks alot

Nope Snapshot is good, did you compare checksum and file size.
There are 2 snapshots options ,
1 is the entire snapshot named ZeitcoinBlockchainSnapshot.rar  size 2.66GB
or
2 is the above file Split into 700 megabyte sections, ZeitBlockchainSnapshot-700-Files.part1.rar
(If you download the 700MB, you have to download all 4 parts and then with them all in the same directory, open part1.rar with winrar, this allows you to extract the ZeitcoinBlockchainSnapshot.rar out onto your drive, and then you reopen winrar and extract the files from  ZeitcoinBlockchainSnapshot.rar  .

700 MB file option is for people that internet is too slow to download the entire snapshot at once.

If you sync from scratch it will take you over 3 weeks.
Which if you are a die hard and want to sync from scratch , you should use a batch file to restart the ZEIT wallet every few hours.
All PoS coins with a fast block time , and are over a few years old,  mempools fill up which can cause the wallet to freeze up during long syncs, which a restart clears the mempool and keeps the sync running as fast as possible.
SyncZEIT.bat
start zeitcoin-qt.exe
TimeOut /t:10800
taskkill /im  zeitcoin-qt.exe
TimeOut /t:60
goto again

Syncing Tips

* Nothing is Faster that a Snaphot for Syncing. *

Cool
Activity: 139
Merit: 10
Astrum
ZEIT
Solves
PoS Inflation Problems       =   √ Solved moved to Ultra Low Inflation
PoW Energy Waste            =    √ Energy Efficient
PoW ASICS required           =   √ No Asics required
Massive Operating costs     =    √ Minuscule Operating Costs

Compared with BTC

BTC
Low Transaction Capacity
Energy Wasting ASICS
Slow Transactions
Increasing Transaction Fees
Rich can jump ahead by higher fees

Verses  

ZEIT
20X BTC Onchain Transaction Capacity
Energy Efficient
Fast Transactions
Low Fixed Transaction Fee
Transactions included in the order they were created

Cool
Activity: 34
Thanks for the tip. Over at southXchange waiting (forever) for my BTC to transfer and gonna re-load. Found Zeit few weeks ago and of course wish I bought more but really found it a solid coin in the midst of everything.

Forgive if it's lost in an FAQ or somewhere but is their a functioning wallet or suggestions on how to remove from exchange?  Recently have a lot stuck on cryptopia and hoping to avoid that because I think a LOT more people are right behind me on this.  Highly undervalued in comparison.

Best of luck to us!

BTC is running extremely slow due to their major unconfirmed transactions. : https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
There is also a LTC/ZEIT Market on SouthXchange, I would use the LTC to transfer between exchanges unless you are paying a really high btc fee.

Click on the 1st page of this topic , know as the OP.
There is a Wallet download section , and their is also a link to a blockchain snapshot.
(Use the snapshot otherwise syncing from the very beginning could take quite a deal of time.)

Cool

Right on.  Thanks for help.  I'm a bit of a noob (but enthusiastic) so will check out the wallet.  Assuming that's the best place to HODL the ZEIT for a while? Wink

Got the LTC in there already and have a bid in the mid .60's LIT (you're welcome all).  Not gonna get greedy, just wanna fill my bag. Anyone feel free to DM me any trading tips with that exchange and today's prices.  Just getting there.   Been lurking this form for a week or two and just like the old school vibe of it all.   

Any place that has some very simple facts, talking points?  I wanna let some friends know once I'm done filling up.

thanks all!
Thanks for the tip. Over at southXchange waiting (forever) for my BTC to transfer and gonna re-load. Found Zeit few weeks ago and of course wish I bought more but really found it a solid coin in the midst of everything.

Forgive if it's lost in an FAQ or somewhere but is their a functioning wallet or suggestions on how to remove from exchange?  Recently have a lot stuck on cryptopia and hoping to avoid that because I think a LOT more people are right behind me on this.  Highly undervalued in comparison.

Best of luck to us!

BTC is running extremely slow due to their major unconfirmed transactions. : https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
There is also a LTC/ZEIT Market on SouthXchange, I would use the LTC to transfer between exchanges unless you are paying a really high btc fee.

Click on the 1st page of this topic , know as the OP.
There is a Wallet download section , and their is also a link to a blockchain snapshot.
(Use the snapshot otherwise syncing from the very beginning could take quite a deal of time.)

Cool
Anybody have info about reason to suspended cryptopia and that difrent price ? There is some issue or what ??

I think this helps: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News

From my seat i sidelines it seems totally understable and I think they'll fix it. Everyone there is forced "hodling".  Balances and withdrawal still work though.

Forgive if it's lost in an FAQ or somewhere but is their a functioning wallet or suggestions on how to remove from exchange?  Recently have a lot stuck on cryptopia and hoping to avoid that because I think a LOT more people are right behind me on this.  Highly undervalued in comparison.

Best of luck to us!

So can I buy on coinexchange? Thank you

Neither CoinExchange or Yobit have yet to sync their wallet, making deposits and withdrawals impossible until they do.
Bug their support and chat rooms, if you want them to start.

At the present time, to actually buy and withdraw ZEIT to a local wallet , leaves SouthXchange, Alcurex, & Trade Satoshi.

Trade Satoshi is also suffering growing pains, so they are running very slow,

SouthXchange & Alcurex are running at normal speed.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: