Author

Topic: ★ ZEIT ★ [COMMUNITY & KNIGHTS] [ULTRA LOW INFLATION] [MICRO-PAYMENTS] - page 674. (Read 1009280 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
The way I see it there MAY have been a bug with the wallet/coin but it's the way cryptorush tried to resolve the issue (or a bug in THEIR system) that caused people to get free coins/lose coins. It seems this way to me because coinex didn't have the same problems.

Just speculation though... neither side has put any evidence across yet...
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
2 Guys stand in line at a bank, Bob and John. Bob withdraws 100 dollars and the bank gives him 200 accidentally.  John tries to withdraw 100 dollars, bank says we gave it to bob by mistake. John says "how did this happen"? Bank replies "It's the dollars fault"  THE END

Yeah. Exactly. And cryptorush.in who also responsible for this, don't want to do anything. Just say "it's not us, it's devs. we refunded to some 'mystical' people who was affected"
If I had exchange and had this problem - minimum what i could did is to set transaction fee to 0 for affected account and try to return lost amount in some period of time to save reputation. They do nothing. "Great" exchange!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Thanks for the free coins cryptorush!   Kiss
I'm probably very lucky because I got 2 times free Zeitcoin.

The first time I threw their coins for tsryptorush where that 1.1 million and 2.6 million received in return Zeitcoin

The second time was the next day decided to sell a couple of thousand Zeitcoin took clicked sell and look Exchange glitch I stepped back a couple of minutes to refresh the page and was shocked at the bill again 2.6 million Zeitcoin

I do not even know what to say what that straight Mysticism
Well the fact that they tried to blame the devs is what gets me. If someone besides the exchange had legit proof that I somehow ended up with their coins that were never returned I would throw them a bone, but the idea that I should give the coins back to cryptorush makes me laugh.

Alright I was going to keep my mouth shut and let the zeitcoin devs say it themselves, but this has gone on long enough.  The fact that they wiped all proof from github really rubs me the wrong way. It WAS their fault, and I'm the one who told cryptorush about the problem.  Just ask DeviantTwo. I already explained it once in the thread here, but I'll explain it here one last time for good.  A few days before cryptorush shut down zeitcoin, there was a commit made to the github repository.  You can't see it now, because as he said- the zeitcoin devs went through and erased all proof of their fuck-up.  The repository only shows one commit for Zeitcoin now, but the title should tell you something: Commit - TransactionFee fixed

What they did a few days ago was to lower the limits on transaction fees for sending transactions.  Now this sounds like a good thing, and it is- but ONLY if everyone switches to this new fee structure at once.  Since this change was not officially annouced, anyone who downloaded this modified code was sending out transactions with fees that were so low that no one running the old code would accept them.  This is why cryptorush could receive deposits, but none of their withdrawals were going out.  This also means it's a MASSIVE clusterfuck to unwind the problem.  It means re-submitting all those transactions, while making sure none of them actually committed (which it seems was the case), meaning some people got double paid.

Now you might feel like you're within your rights to keep the coins you got double paid, and sure I guess you are... that's the risk of cryptocurrencies.  But if you want to keep exchanges like cryptorush in existence, then don't punish them when the devs for a coin are the ones who caused the issue to begin with.

If the developers didn't announce the change, it's for sure also a fault of cryptorush. Always wait until it is officially announced. Also an exchange should have some extra controlling measures, to be sure nothing is going wrong. So probably the process of the developers was not good(it's software people, this happens). But only blame the developers, that's easy. To my opinion cryptorush showed that it isn't good enough for being a decent exchange.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
2 Guys stand in line at a bank, Bob and John. Bob withdraws 100 dollars and the bank gives him 200 accidentally.  John tries to withdraw 100 dollars, bank says we gave it to bob by mistake. John says "how did this happen"? Bank replies "It's the dollars fault"  THE END
Activity: 140
Got reply from crytorush about my zero balance:

"I do appologize that you have 0 balance on your account but in this situation we have nothing that can be done any longer. We have exausted all of our own cash refunding users due to the zeitcoin bug. ZeitCoin Developers are to blame in this situation. Please refer to our official notice on our home page."

Lost: 1,910,195.65667000 ZEIT

Can someone explain me why I should blame ZeitCoins Developers instead of Cryptorush?

If I put dollars on bank account, then  bank robbed (burned, fly away to the moon) - I should blame not bank but Federal Reserve System because they are "Devs of the Dollars" - right?

How cryptorush allowed to withdraw amounts more than possible? There is not any simple database that can do 2+2 math?

That's, because of some greedy miners. I bought 1 BTC worth zeit's at 2 satoshi, but maybe 1-2 hours after that my balance was 99.8 million zeits, instead 49.89 or something. I did write ticket to cryptorush and they fixed it, but I could just sell them for BTC/LTC or DOGE and then withdraw.
I understand you are also lucky to get double output with cryptorush
And I happened to get two double output was 1.1 million and 2 days turned into 5.2 million Zeitcoin doubled to 2.6 million Zeitcoin
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Have a ZEIT, have a kitkat.
people keep voting on mintpal and vote on cryptsy if you have not already

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

if any needs something to trade in order to vote i can send some DOGE

May i kindly request a sip of doge, for being able to vote again? Thanks in advance.  Smiley

DLp2iT7MAe6hXVEDsUbyBJZpqWodeHyjJN

100 doge received! Cheesy So much quick. Many happy me and much vote now.
Activity: 252

I think the dev(s) were at fault as well, however, what did cryptorush expect?  They're slamming as many coins onto their exchange as possible a day or two after launch.  It is obvious they don't test anything (that's the way it is with 99% of the exchanges by the way) and people are wondering why they are losing coins?  The github stuff should not have been removed, but did any of the other exchanges have these issues?  How come Craptsy didn't seem to have issue?  Maybe the process should have been to halt trading while you installed a severe update (or whatever it was called) and test it rather than letting it run for 24-hours and then saying "hurr durr we better halt everyone".  I think they trust these developers a little too much to give them flawless code, it's not going to happen for these smaller coins with one or two developers.  Mistakes were made on both sides.  Only move your money to an exchange when you are actually going to trade.  Don't keep it there any longer!

Cryptorush has only been around since January 13th of this year so again what did you expect?  BTW, I have 2 million ZEIT and still mining so I'm long on the coin just not this exchange.

To get the bugged code, you have to have updated your wallet within the (roughly) 24 hour time span that the code was on github.  Other exchanges have to be running on the older code.  I'm still running on the first release of the wallet for our pool because it's working fine for us right now.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity

"I do appologize that you have 0 balance on your account but in this situation we have nothing that can be done any longer. We have exausted all of our own cash refunding users due to the zeitcoin bug. ZeitCoin Developers are to blame in this situation. Please refer to our official notice on our home page."

Can someone explain me why I should blame ZeitCoins Developers instead of Cryptorush?

If I put dollars on bank account, then  bank robbed (burned, fly away to the moon) - I should blame not bank but Federal Reserve System because they are "Devs of the Dollars" - right?

How cryptorush allowed to withdraw amounts more than possible? There is not any simple database that can do 2+2 math?

That's, because of some greedy miners. I bought 1 BTC worth zeit's at 2 satoshi, but maybe 1-2 hours after that my balance was 99.8 million zeits, instead 49.89 or something. I did write ticket to cryptorush and they fixed it, but I could just sell them for BTC/LTC or DOGE and then withdraw.
Activity: 35

The first time I threw their coins for tsryptorush where that 1.1 million and 2.6 million received in return Zeitcoin

The second time was the next day decided to sell a couple of thousand Zeitcoin took clicked sell and look Exchange glitch I stepped back a couple of minutes to refresh the page and was shocked at the bill again 2.6 million Zeitcoin

Well the fact that they tried to blame the devs is what gets me. If someone besides the exchange had legit proof that I somehow ended up with their coins that were never returned I would throw them a bone, but the idea that I should give the coins back to cryptorush makes me laugh.

Alright I was going to keep my mouth shut and let the zeitcoin devs say it themselves, but this has gone on long enough.  The fact that they wiped all proof from github really rubs me the wrong way. It WAS their fault, and I'm the one who told cryptorush about the problem.  Just ask DeviantTwo. I already explained it once in the thread here, but I'll explain it here one last time for good.  A few days before cryptorush shut down zeitcoin, there was a commit made to the github repository.  You can't see it now, because as he said- the zeitcoin devs went through and erased all proof of their fuck-up.  The repository only shows one commit for Zeitcoin now, but the title should tell you something: Commit - TransactionFee fixed

What they did a few days ago was to lower the limits on transaction fees for sending transactions.  Now this sounds like a good thing, and it is- but ONLY if everyone switches to this new fee structure at once.  Since this change was not officially annouced, anyone who downloaded this modified code was sending out transactions with fees that were so low that no one running the old code would accept them.  This is why cryptorush could receive deposits, but none of their withdrawals were going out.  This also means it's a MASSIVE clusterfuck to unwind the problem.  It means re-submitting all those transactions, while making sure none of them actually committed (which it seems was the case), meaning some people got double paid.

Now you might feel like you're within your rights to keep the coins you got double paid, and sure I guess you are... that's the risk of cryptocurrencies.  But if you want to keep exchanges like cryptorush in existence, then don't punish them when the devs for a coin are the ones who caused the issue to begin with.

I think the dev(s) were at fault as well, however, what did cryptorush expect?  They're slamming as many coins onto their exchange as possible a day or two after launch.  It is obvious they don't test anything (that's the way it is with 99% of the exchanges by the way) and people are wondering why they are losing coins?  The github stuff should not have been removed, but did any of the other exchanges have these issues?  How come Craptsy didn't seem to have issue?  Maybe the process should have been to halt trading while you installed a severe update (or whatever it was called) and test it rather than letting it run for 24-hours and then saying "hurr durr we better halt everyone".  I think they trust these developers a little too much to give them flawless code, it's not going to happen for these smaller coins with one or two developers.  Mistakes were made on both sides.  Only move your money to an exchange when you are actually going to trade.  Don't keep it there any longer!

Cryptorush has only been around since January 13th of this year so again what did you expect?  BTW, I have 2 million ZEIT and still mining so I'm long on the coin just not this exchange.
Activity: 168
Did you guys unlock your wallet before solo mining? I have been trying to solo mine for about a day, but found no blocks, but whenever I switched for a few hours to pool mining my miners found 4 blocks... Go figure??
How do yo make solo mining??Can you pm me the procedure if it`s possible because i want to try me too??

Did you create the zeitcoin.conf?

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcport=44843
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
rpcconnect=192.168.1.*

Fill in your username, password, router range

Now in your .bat file. Run like this: {Don't forget to add your own miner configuration like -I 13 or whatever}

If your wallet and miner are at the same computer:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localhost:44843 -u user -p password 

Different computer, note the wallet computers IP address; Fill in your own, as this is only an example

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://192.168.1.15:44843 -u user -p password 
Activity: 6

If I put dollars on bank account, then  bank robbed (burned, fly away to the moon) - I should blame not bank but Federal Reserve System because they are "Devs of the Dollars" - right?

Activity: 21
hi , i  have btc coin  widthdraw  ill.  i  dirwdraw  0.05 btc ,it didin't send to my wallert  for  4hours~~please  helpme!!
Activity: 252

Activity: 434
Did you guys unlock your wallet before solo mining? I have been trying to solo mine for about a day, but found no blocks, but whenever I switched for a few hours to pool mining my miners found 4 blocks... Go figure??
How do yo make solo mining??Can you pm me the procedure if it`s possible because i want to try me too??
Activity: 434
I thing we have to wait.It`s only 10 days for the coin.Patiente it will be rewarded
Activity: 168
Activity: 294
Thanks for the free coins cryptorush!   Kiss

Thanks for the free coins cryptorush!   Kiss

Activity: 518
Merit: 503
I'm also quite content with cryptorush.... over 4 million free ZEITs ;-)

I do believe we need some action soon. I hold many ZEITs and I believe in the coin, but there is hardly any interest anymore at the moment after a thrilling first week. We need a good exchange and coinwarz/coinmarketcap, whats the status there devs? We also need some PR, something to make us special. I would love a decentralized exchange build into the wallet  Roll Eyes And honestly, we need to pay MintPal to get on there asap, noone is buying at coinex.

Vote: https://www.mintpal.com/voting
I asked Coinmarketcap with a tweet, maybe more people can do this!

I wrote this message in their thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5592521

It would be good that other people quote this message to support it!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CoinMKTCap
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

hitting the button as often as i can remember to.

we only need a few more active voters and we will be up in first in just a few days.
I vote for each hour Zeitcoin
Jump to: